Mt. Fuji Hostel Michael's Reviews

2F 3-21-37 Shimoyoshida, Fujiyoshida City, Yamanashi-Ken, Mount Fuji, Japan

Cold unless heat is cranked up and dorm rooms are closed, wi-fi is horrible, 2 showers for 30 beds, no kitchen, no comfortable place to eat, very small dorms. Close to grocer, clerks are helpful for information. Sick people should be made to book private rooms, not put in with everyone else to make them sick too. Won't stay there again when I come back to climb Mt. Fuji.

It sounds like you have never stayed in a hostel before, how can you make sick people stay in a private room when they show up not sick or just not sick at the time? The rooms are very warm or cool you just need to know how to use the system. The WiFi works perfect unless the buffer gets full then we re-boot it and then it's perfect. again. No kitchen or command area is in all my sites so if that is what you wanted check before you book your next hostel. Michael, Owner

One of the best hostel i ever stayed! Keep up the good work! I really like the room and the cleanliness level is awesome!

Thank You for your very kind words. I am very proud of my great staff. Please come and visit us again. Michael, Owner

Amazingly friendly Staffel, Michael can tell you everything about japanese culture and how to solve travelling disasters and evrything in between :) also it s the comfiest place you can wish for esecially if mt. Fuji decides to hide in the clouds.

• 6th Apr 2015

It's the worst place if the wheather is bad but possibly good located when wheather is good. Strongly depends ob the people there.

Thank you for your stay here. Sorry about the weather, but that is something no one has control of, however even if the weather is bad we have many great places to see and do like the onsens indoor sites or just relax downstairs in my cafe & pub talking to the locals. Again, Thank you for your stay Michael, Owner

Overall we had a great stay at Mt Fuji hostel. The day we arrived we had an amazing view of Mt Fuji from the common area in the hostel. unfortunately the next two days brought miserable weather and there wasn't a lot to do. Mt fuji hostel gave us a warm an cosy refuge! The bar downstairs is expensive for a budget traveller and the owner is a bit mean until he's had a couple of shots, but the upstairs staff are very welcoming. hostel is extremely clean. Only downside is that the dorms are tiny.

Thank you staying at my Hostel. Sorry you felt I was mean at 1st but I am a slow starter and when I just get to work like most people my power has not gotten started yet. I am there from 6pm to 3am and sleep at 5am each day and at 61 years old not easy to be 100% all the time. But yes a few Jack's and it is full speed ahead! Hope to see you in the future. Michael, Owner

Very clean and tidy. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• 22nd Mar 2015

Good, cheap, staff are very friendly and they have all the necessary facilities. If your looking for something fancy don't even bother.

When I visited I was the only guest so was great atmosphere however I imagine it would be good if it was busier as they have an amazing american bar just below!!

It was very well located, we got there very fast even though it was night. The night person who attended us it was very helpful and nice.

The dorms can get a bit noisy but the atmosphere was excellent. Staff were friendly and very knowledgeable of the surrounding areas. Not a lot of space for those who are travelling with several bags; perfect for backpackers looking for a place to sleep at night. The washroom area was very clean. It is overall a very cozy place.

I enjoyed my time at this hostel. The staff were lovely and helpful. Great view of Mt Fuji. Though the area itself was quite quiet and not many shops were open

It was a very pleasant stay here. The staff were very informative and easy to talk to in both English and Japanese. The facilities were clean. It is within walking distance of an amazing yaki-naku place. Worth checking out.

• 22nd Nov 2014

The hostel is very good for a week end close to Fuji. The staff is very welcoming and full of idea of what to do around. The only missing thing is a real common room to hang out. The stools in the hallway are convienent until people start to sleep.

How many times do I have to say "WE HAVE NO COMMON ROOM" My hostel will never have a common room because I have a full Cafe & Pub on the 1st floor to as you say hang out at. Please read my web-sites and any other site to see it is posted "NO COMMON ROOM" Thank You Michael, Owner

I wasn´t the biggest fan of this hostel. The location was ok, close to a train station but quite far away from all activities. The facilities were ok but there was no common area to relax in. Thus you were stuck to relax in your bed, which is not very nice. You can go downstairs to Micheal´s pub but they happened to be closed on the day we were there.

We loved the place. We could stay more then one night if we had time. Staff was nice and realy helpfull. First time sitting on worm toilet was amaizing.

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Slovenia

10 bed dorm room a bit too small... No real living room. Other than that, great hostel.

10 beds in a room big enough for 8 isn't fair on anyone staying there.

This room was designed for 10 beds sorry if was not as big as you liked it to be but the room size is 100% safe and space for 10 guests to sleep well. Michael, Owner

Staff people was good but there is no kichen, no common room and It was little bit expensive, +20€ dormroom..

Please Read all the information on any of my web-sites I say very clearly "WE HAVE NO COMMON ROOM" I have a full cafe & pub downstairs. I the future when you book a hostel, read to see if the hostel has everything you require in a hostel, if not do not book the room and if you do book it do not get mad if it is not what you were looking for. I can not say this in any other way "Read before you Book"! As far as rates I am same or lower than any hostels in my arera. Michael, Owner

Very nice place in a very quite town but has a lovely temple best in Japan I think. Close to the train station and 10min by train to the lakes but if you walk to the temple you can get better views and your closer to Mt.Fuji.

Slightly expensive for what you get. Room was clean but very cramped, no kitchen and no dining area. Staff upstairs in the hostel were friendly and have excellent English, Michael himself who we met in the bar downstairs was slightly abrupt but entertaining enough.

How many times do I have to say to everyone "WE DO NOT HAVE A COMMON ROOM OR KITCHEN" that is why I have a full cafe & pub on the 1st floor. I guess most people want to stay in their rooms and eat there also and not meet local people from our area. As I said before "Read before you Book" all my sites tell my room sizes and no common or kitchen, but guests keep writing about that, Why? I can not change what my hostel is. Thank You Michael, Owner