Mt. Fuji Hostel Michael's Reviews

2F 3-21-37 Shimoyoshida, Fujiyoshida City, Yamanashi-Ken, Mount Fuji, Japan

Amazing place, good fun.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Near station, and the station is your easy acces to the cable car and such. Also walkable to nice shrine for sakura and mountain view. Owner has a bar downstairs, which is nice. Great udon across the street. Room is quite stuffy and full, but you have curtains for privacy. The hostel is tiny, no place where you can talk without being heard by others. No real common area. Anyway, I enjoyed my stay for a few days, despite its size its a nice hostel. Small lockers available.

Staff were helpful, friendly and very knowledgable about the local area. The benefit of having the American style dinner below was a big plus point and the food was excellent. With it being a family owned hostel they gave us the sense of being welcomed into their family.

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 31-40

I stayed in the private room for 2 nights at Michael Hostel. Pretty small but nevertheless value for money. Plus, it was my first time being a solo backpacker in Japan, and it was a great experience thanks to the super helpful staffs, Nate and Mai! Gekkoji is a very quite small town and laid back. The fun are all in Fujikyu and Yamaguchiko which is only 2 station from Gekkoji. So plan your travel well! :)

A really clean, nice comfortable place. The staff are really friendly also!

The owner and staff are very helpful. The place is spotless and it is definitely a place which is value for money. I will definitely stay here again if I were to visit Mt.Fuji for the second time. I feel very safe and comfortable staying in this hostel.

• 18th Nov 2013
  • Malaysia

Super friendly, helpful staff. Location good with a train station (? Gekkoji) 3-4 mins away, we just didn't know about it initially. Great spot to walk up to the pagoda to get a great and famous view of Fuji san.

• 6th Nov 2013
  • Couple, 41+

I would definately recommend travellers use this hostel if heading to Mt FUJI. Hostel is 5 minute walk from train station. Facilities are very clean and rooms are nice. However they are extremely small. We stayed in a twin room (with bunk beds) and had no real room to lay our bags out or get dressed. Staff were very helpful and able to assist with any queries we had.

Great hostel and really nice stay there. Friendly and welcoming staff; very clean, and professionally run place. There are lots of well thought little details, that makes the stay there nice. Good beds and nice atmosphere. There is a american style bar downstairs, which works as a common room.

Michael's was a peaceful place to stay and the staff were terrific. The lack of a common area was partilally offset by the supply of free tea and coffee and use of a microwave, but the bar owned by Michael downstairs was a good place to socialze (except on Thursdays when it is closed.)

Everything about this place was awesome. The owners treated us like family our entire stay. Cannot wait to take another trip up there!!

• 19th Oct 2013

The hostel is clean, et new, beds are confortable, but the room is very small (we took a private). You don't have any place for your bag. Also, the hostel is very small. We were during the off season, so I won't imagine during the peak season!! There is no kitchen to cook, but you can have tea and coffee. The cancel policy is very strict, also during the off season, they not arrange you.

Thank You for your comment. I like to say that yes we are small so we have no kitchen but I have a very big cafe & pub on the 1st floor as stated on all our web-sites for people to meet and enjoy time together not only with backpackers but the locals as well and enjoying great food. As far as our cancellation policy it is the same all year round and just because it is not in season does not mean policies change, does airlines or other hostel/hotels change? No. Michael, Owner