Mt. Fuji Hostel Michael's Reviews

2F 3-21-37 Shimoyoshida, Fujiyoshida City, Yamanashi-Ken, Mount Fuji, Japan

The staff was really nice, and the dorm was clean. If you want to buy tickets for FujiQ, the receptionist can sell tickets at a reduced price. One little thing that annoyed me was that the bar keeper (bar just under the hostel) was making some noise around 1pm, speaking loudly. But overall it was a great experience. :)

• 22nd Nov 2015
  • Belgium

Great hostel! Thanks you a lot, we all liked our stay very much!

• 22nd Nov 2015
  • Belgium

Hostel was great. Good location and helpful staff. Not much for a common area and could use somewhere to cook some food! Eating out gets pricey. :) But regardless, a great place to stay the night.

• 21st Nov 2015

Thank You for your comment. As I have said many times and in all our web sites say we have no Common room.. You said about a cooking area, we do have an area that you can heat up small items with a microwave, but my hostel is not allowed to have a full kitchen based on our type of license and also having a full cafe & pub on the 1st floor. I am happy that you enjoyed my staff and hostel, please come again. Michael, Owner

It is definitely an option to stay near Mt Fuji. But I must say, that the private room we had was kind of disappointing. Travelling in Japan, everyone knows that the rooms here are smaller and have little space. Knowing that we were prepared for a lot but the private room we got was really small. Apart from that it is a nice little cozy hostel with nice and helpful staff. I also aprecciated the tea/ water/ coffee bar and the provided plates, bowls etc. Also everything was really clean.

close to railway station Gekkouji, with a nice view to Mt.Fuji (if you have a good luck for weather)

• 27th Oct 2015
  • Czech Republic
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Had a great stay here. Easy to find and located in a great spot for finding great photo opportunities of Mount Fuji. Staff where super friendly and helpful and bathrooms where fine.

Owner was very helpful and friendly with finding places to eat and things to do!

Helpful staff, thanks a lot! Generally it is a nice but basic hostel.

This hostel was cramped, even by Japaneses standards, but the friendly staff more than made up for that.

• 20th Sep 2015