Mt. Fuji Hostel Michael's

Superb 375 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 375 Total Reviews

22nd Oct 2016

I had a great time here. It was really just a pit stop for me between Fujisan - Kyoto. But I definitely would have stayed longer! The staff were friendly, the place was superbly clean, and downstairs there is a bar run by the hostel owner, Michael. He's very extroverted and can help anyone make new friends. This is a small town, so not a lot of commercial enterprise. However there is an excellent udon/mochi restaurant, around the corner one block away run by English speaking husband/wife, べんけい.

• England, Female, 25-30
8th Oct 2016

A lovely stay - I went for a dorm room, which was really cheap but very comfortable and I was lucky going in the off-season as I had the room to myself for my second night. It had all the amenities and facilities you could want, like tea, coffee, hot chocolate and hot water and a microwave for if you bought food and wanted to heat it up. Staff were super friendly and happy to do a late check-in for me, which I really appreciated as I was travelling from Tokyo in the evening.

• England, Couple, 18-24
3rd Sep 2016
6.9

A good hostel to stay in if you are climbing Mount Fuji. The staff were really helpful. There wasn't a kitchen but there was a fridge etc which was fine. There were computers that worked well unlike other hostels! And I was glad there were curtains on the beds, although there wasn't much room to put your bags in the room. I feel there was one too many bunk beds meaning the room was cramped. Other than that a good stay!

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
21st Aug 2016
8.0

Overall hostel was good. Michael is very helpful when it comes to finding our transportation. For example, we needed an overnight bus as soon as possible, he called the company right away in the morning to book it for us. This hostel had helpful brochure and time schedules posted all over the lobby. Some problems were the quiet time hours because it was from 12am to 6am, therefore some guest would talk late. Also, there is a BAR downstairs and it can get very disruptive when sleeping.