Muffin Hostel Reviews

Hegigasse 9, Salzburg, Austria

Staff are amazing... Joanna and Aška are awesome! (and very good at table football)

• 21st Jul 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. Though the location is not ideal it is fairly easy to walk over to the castle and then into the old part of the city. The dorms are very secure and comfortable.

Location is inconvenient. Buses are rare and need to walk a bit. Its a pain at night. Some staff aren't able to speak English and hence can't help us. Rooms are too small and crammed. There were no locks for the room door or the bathroom door. This is an absolute must when we share rooms. The place was clean though. I feel there is a lot of room for improvement.

The hostel was good, the only problem we had was that at night there were few people listening music and making noise, so they were difficulting us to sleep peacefuly.

It's a great hostal ! It's not in the main city center but it's very easy to get there. Just one bus from the train station. The rooms are nice and very clean. They have 2 kitchens so you can cook. I loved the garden too ! But the best of all is the bar :DDD I met some awesome people there and had a great time. Sylvia y Marzena, you're the best !:D Gracias x todo !

• Spain

Muffin is a very nice hostel in a good, quiet location, but close to the city centre, a 15min walk. Staff were extremely helpful, went to great lenghts to make everyone feel welcome. Bathrooms and toilets were clean, beds really comfy. Overall a great experience, if I come to Salzburg again, I'll definitely stay there! Cheers

• Scotland

I really enjoyed my stay at Muffin Hostel. The freshly baked muffins they serve you at check-in are scrumptious. My room was very clean even though I shared it with 3 persons I didn't know (initially at least). I really loved the hostel's spacious garden and the fact that it's situated in a calm place, but it only takes 15 mins on foot to get to the city centre. All in all, it's great place to stay at if you're planning to go to Salzburg.

• 17th Jul 2014

Was a really great place and I stayed another night longer than expected! Really great location for exploring the city (just 10-15 walk to the old town) and to get to the Hauptbahnhof, just one bus. The staff is energetic and friendly and they gave me many suggestions for good restaurants The rooms are small, but the hostel is inexpensive, so it all evens out. The bar has a great vibe and I was able to organise trips around Salzburg with others I met there.

• 16th Jul 2014

Had a great stay for the third year in a row. It's always really clean and the friendly and professional staff will help you however they can. There was a bbq for all the guests since it was such nice wheater and everyone was invited. Afterwards the party moved to the bar :)

• 16th Jul 2014

Good hostel for decent price. They have a huge garden with bbq area, which is great to meet other people when you're a solo traveler. The wifi worked fine.

Close to the center of Salzburg, about 5 min by team. Friendly staff.

Only a short walk from the old city, this hostel was honestly one of the best I've stayed in. The staff make the environment a really comfortable place; be sure to make friends with Zuza and Jadzia if you go!

• 15th Jul 2014

One of the best hostels we stayed during our travel ! Really nice (and beautiful, and polish!) staff with very good taste in music. One more good thing: there is only ONE guy ;) If you don't know what to do during the night, just go to the bar and follow the staff, they KNOW where to have really good fun ! (a little tip: if you want to impress them, order a shot of Vodka at the bar ;p )

Not overly impressed with this place. You only got one key per room which you had to leave in reception when you left the room, which themselves had no lockers in them. The place looked and felt more like a hospital in the main corridors. On the upside it wasn't too far to walk into town and there was a kitchen which was good. The staff were helpful.

Nothing to complain about. They gave me a free muffin.

Loved the hostel: covered in a green garden (quiet), with bbq, football, volleyball. Inside a small bar, table tennis, computer with internet, wifi. 10-15min walk to the center, but a nice walk and totally not an issue for us (we thought it would be). Absolutely great staff - all of them - but especially Alek, Aska and Jazida!! They made delicious muffins for us, and a slow barbecue, haha. They are funny, super friendly, create a good atmosphere in the hostel!! Thank you!!!

I would recoomend this place. It is a pretty good hostel when you want to have a good sleep after exploring the city and it has nice kitchens. The staff are very helpful as well. However there is not a really Hostel atmosphere to meet another travellers. I would say it is because maybe would be necessary more activities and better common aerea.

• 9th Jul 2014

Don't advertise free wifi if you can't deliver. Having reliable internet access while traveling really is essential, so to have such spotty internet that didn't allow access to some apps on my phone (Google Maps, for one) was a major problem. Also, the staff was utterly useless. They couldn't offer any info on the city OR the facilities (no one told us where anything was, acted put out when we asked questions) The hostel is also pretty out of the way. Stay somewhere else if you can.

Two kitchens = muy bueno, rooms were clean, wifi was v patchy and only worked in the reception and on the internet browser not on apps which was annoying. Location was okay - opposite side of a mountain to the city of Salzburg and a good 25-30 min walk. Staff are v v friendly and you get free muffins :)

My mum always said not to complain about something when I'm doing it. So, now that I have left I can start. There was no atmosphere at all. My mattress in my room was about 5cm thick. There were few accessible power points in the room. The shared key system meant it was unsecure and there were no lockers in the room. The staff were very unhelpful and told me that the wifi was working when no one could connect. The wifi only worked in one room and not very well for that. Don't stay here.