Muffin Hostel Reviews

Hegigasse 9, Salzburg, Austria

Not overly impressed with this place. You only got one key per room which you had to leave in reception when you left the room, which themselves had no lockers in them. The place looked and felt more like a hospital in the main corridors. On the upside it wasn't too far to walk into town and there was a kitchen which was good. The staff were helpful.

Loved the hostel: covered in a green garden (quiet), with bbq, football, volleyball. Inside a small bar, table tennis, computer with internet, wifi. 10-15min walk to the center, but a nice walk and totally not an issue for us (we thought it would be). Absolutely great staff - all of them - but especially Alek, Aska and Jazida!! They made delicious muffins for us, and a slow barbecue, haha. They are funny, super friendly, create a good atmosphere in the hostel!! Thank you!!!

I would recoomend this place. It is a pretty good hostel when you want to have a good sleep after exploring the city and it has nice kitchens. The staff are very helpful as well. However there is not a really Hostel atmosphere to meet another travellers. I would say it is because maybe would be necessary more activities and better common aerea.

• 9th Jul 2014

Don't advertise free wifi if you can't deliver. Having reliable internet access while traveling really is essential, so to have such spotty internet that didn't allow access to some apps on my phone (Google Maps, for one) was a major problem. Also, the staff was utterly useless. They couldn't offer any info on the city OR the facilities (no one told us where anything was, acted put out when we asked questions) The hostel is also pretty out of the way. Stay somewhere else if you can.

Two kitchens = muy bueno, rooms were clean, wifi was v patchy and only worked in the reception and on the internet browser not on apps which was annoying. Location was okay - opposite side of a mountain to the city of Salzburg and a good 25-30 min walk. Staff are v v friendly and you get free muffins :)

My mum always said not to complain about something when I'm doing it. So, now that I have left I can start. There was no atmosphere at all. My mattress in my room was about 5cm thick. There were few accessible power points in the room. The shared key system meant it was unsecure and there were no lockers in the room. The staff were very unhelpful and told me that the wifi was working when no one could connect. The wifi only worked in one room and not very well for that. Don't stay here.

Very bad location. Poor staff. Only one key for mixroom. Please do not choose this hostel

1 2 Next » last »