Muffin Hostel Reviews

Hegigasse 9, Salzburg, Austria

this hostel is really far from the city, we had to walk a lot and no taxi driver know the hostel location. and the wifi dint work at all

• 25th Jul 2013

Everything was fine, we had a good time there. The only thing which can be improved is the cleanliness and the wi-fi...

There is a ping-pong :D

The Muffin Hostel is a lovely place to spend a few days and explore the wonderful city of Salzburg. Unfortunately during our stay the wifi did not work, the common room computers were locked off and reserved for the students staying in the upper level according to staff. Had a full load of dry laundry was stolen out of the machine- infront of us by someone who said they were a staff member (Our fault for being gulable). Also no muffins- how sad!

Part of the hostel is good, we slepted well and the kitchen is big. you can enjoy the nature around. BUT: The internet wasn't working. You need to pay cash, no card accepted. You need to take a bus to the city center or to walk a long time. The police came on our last day because a group got robbed in their room. There is only one key by room so we figured that can happen more often then normally. We made laundry and the dryier wasn't drying the clothes.

Firstly, THERE ARE NO MUFFINS :( Otherwise nice hostel - situated in a school that is empty over summer so nice facilities and very spacious. A bit far out of town considering Salzburg is small but still an easy walking distance to anywhere you want to go. Wifi needs to be improved on - a bit dodgy.

Staff was very helpful. The wifi turned out to be impossible to log onto but they got me hooked up to another network right away when I asked. Facilities good, the option to hang or use the dryer for the laundry was nice. I liked the layout of my 4 person room quite a lot, felt cozy. It is a little far from the train station and a bit of walk to the historical center. I'd stay again.

only bad thing = - only 1 key for all the room so you have to share it and most of the time the room door is not locked - No lockers in the room or option to lock your things in some place all other fine or perfect - location 8 minutes walking to the tourist center of the citiy, but this walking path is ¡ (almost) crossing a forest !! amazing who can be sorounded by nature so near to citycenter - staff reallly helpfull - cleanliness perfect - price reasonable

There were free muffins on arrival! would definitely stay there again-large hostel a bit like a uni hall, very clean, good kitchen and bathroom facilities with gorgeous garden if youve got time to chill. 15 min walk to the old town so ideal. The only thing id say would be im not sure id like walking to and from the hostel from town if i was a girl on my own at night-have to go through tunnel/some quite quiet streets. that would be my only concern but wasnt an issue when i stayed and would return

The hostel had good facilities plenty to do and a lovely outdoor area. The wi fi however was non existent and made it hard to book for travelling from Salzburg. Luckily for me one of the staff members allowed me to use her computer so all worked out, others not so lucky. The hostel is located more remotely than most, about a 15 minute walk to the old town. There is not much around the location of the hostel in way of bars or restaurants. Breakfast was a waste of €5.40. Nothing much to eat,

The free wifi almost never worked and the straff just Said it had been problem since the second day. The room seemed to be a classroom where they put some bed and they had only one key so it seemed like it was always open - didn't feel very safe. But ok Staff and cheap.

I really want to give this hostel a better rating because the staff was so great! But it did NOT HAVE INTERNET! This was a real problem, the wifi kicked me off s ery few seconds and the conputers would ony go to facebook. it's also a horrible place for meeting people. Three floors of rooms that were booked, but no one hanging out in any of the common areas! Also a lot of families and middle age couples. I disliked having only key for the room. Really annoying.

although it's a little bit far away from the city center but totally worth it to live here, kinda of living in natural area. only takes 15 minute walk to downtown. the staff here is great too. the guide girl will tell you where you should go and chat with you. the room is clean too. it has a locked storage room. anyway, if you do not like walk, then you can consider other hostels.

A good and decent hostel to stay while your visiting Salzburg.

A room near smokers, and internet that did not work because 'people used it a lot today'. this is unforgivable. Was a very average hostel... tending towards poor.

My stay at Muffin was excellent. The staff were amazing. Went out of there way to welcome me and to ensure I had all I needed. The facilities were immaculate. I felt safe and secure. Great kitchen and common areas. The grounds are lush and green with a really nice barbecue area. It is a pleasant 20 minute walk and you are right in the centre of everything that is happening. I highly recommend the hostel and if I am ever fortunate enough to return to Salzburg I would stay there.

Had a great time! Young energetic and helpful staff!

• 9th Jul 2013

A little far from the station, but only a 20 minute walk from the centre, it has beautiful gardens and is in a nice area. The staff were so so helpful, really great. The wifi didnt work, and neither did the computers which was frustrating but the staff allowed me to use their computers. Great clean kitchen too.

1 2 Next » last »