Mui Ne Backpackers Resort Reviews

88 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Ham Tien - Mui Ne - Phan Thiet, Mui Ne, Vietnam

Bedbugs!!

I was in dorm 1D, and I was severely attacked by bed bugs. My arms, shoulders and neck were covered in around 50-80 bites easily and my entire upper body was visibly swollen. My friend as also attacked by them. We told staff who cleaned our entire oom however next night we found more bed bugs on the curtain. Please don't stay here its not worth the risk, or if you do REFUSE dorm 1! There are also tons of mosquitos. Very boring hostel and high risk of contracting bed bugs

Quite dingy rooms, toilet was lower than average and the air con didn't cool the room. Only up side is that there was a good atmosphere from other backpackers having some drinks around pool/outside bungalow. Just a shame that the rooms weren't nicer.

Hostel with a direct acces to the sea front with a nice view. The swimming pool is great too. But besides that, they are clearly here to make money. Staff is not helpful at all. No city map, no advice. Despite what they say on this site, NO bycicle for rent and NO computer to access internet. Breakfast is a litlle bit expensive and you have to go to the hostel "Mui Ne backpackers Village" (which is not too far).

Facilities little bit older, not much space at the dorm. For this price definitely not worth it

Great hostel for hanging out and relaxing with a sea view. The "sister" hostel has the bar and is more party hostel so this one was more calm which suited us perfectly. Staff are friendly and help book tickets. They did not clean the room/bathroom every day which in a 6 beds dorm is needed for keeping it up to standards. Wifi was very slow.

Stayed for 2 nights, expensive and not worthwhile. Staff was not kind or helpfull. Breakfast and beach towels cost extra money. Rooms are very small, sun wakes you up really early, rooms are not clean. Did not enjoy our stay and don't reccomend.

Friendliest staff I've come across in Asia. This is not the party hostel however. Great views of the sea from the back.

We enjoyed our stay at MuiNe backpackers resort and would have recommended until on our last day we had to wait around in reception and after lying on the reception couch I was covered in bed bug bites! Can not lock dorm door which made me slightly uncomfortable although you do have lockers for belongings inside. Not the best place for solo travellers to meet people however you can use the MuiNe backpackers villages pool and bar too which is better for meeting other travellers.

• 16th Dec 2015

Clean rooms. Nice bathrooms. Awesome view. Small but good pool. It is not a great Place to meet new people except those In your dorm. But you Can head to the backpackervillage and be social.

Good hostel for the price. There was no sandy beach at this hostel as it was too far up beach strip. Pool is very small. Overall though, a pleasant stay with friendly helpful staff. Beds were pretty comfy and lockers provided. Would definitely recommend.

I didn't like Mui Ne very much, it was just one resort after the other. Staff was friendly and dorms were clean. Resort is directly at the ocean (and I mean stairs in the ocean). Nice place for chill. When you want to party go to the Mui Ne Backpacker Village. It's way better for that.

The location is ideal and cheap enough if four sharing to get a bungalow £7 each. We didn't eat there but it was clean and atmosphere great. Definitely recommend and go to dragon bar about 3/4 mile down the road on the beach. It's expensive but well worth going

Right next to the beach. Nice pool and nice staff. WiFi was not the best but can live with that. We rated an extra night and booked a sand dune tour through reception and it was really good value for money.

Good hostel, a little expensive for what you get in comparision to other places in Vietnam but overall good. I like a slightly more personal hostel but it was nice for a few days.

just as described, beach in the backyard and a pool in the center! it was a minute's walk from my bus dropped me off, and on my return journey the bus picked me up from the resort! very well located, quiet and secure! the help at the desk were very warm and answered all my questions patiently! I'll recommend this to everyone! My first experience of a dorm and of Hostelworld, couldn't have been better!

• 23rd Nov 2015
  • India

A great hostel, the bedrooms were clean and tidy, it's really social but not in your face social so there is room to escape if you want, the pool is excellent. Downsides are minimal - the price, a little steep for a hostel bed in VN, and the showers - the plug holes were all blocked up with gack so you're basically standing in 6 inches of backflow when showering. The food in the restaurant is both unadventurous and low in taste, fortunately there's lots of other places to eat in Mui Ne.

Could benefit from a better common area, maybe some hammocks, and breakfast. Otherwise a pretty pleasant place to stay right by the beach.

Basic, but good location (which is all you need sometimes) Location right on the beach where you can chill and tan. Atmosphere of the hostel is chilled but in my opinion not much of a atmosphere. If you want to meet people it's ok but other hostels I would recommend if thats a must. All in all an average stay, didn't have a pillow for the first night and reception closes early so not a good sleep. Big tip ask to not stay in the same dorm as the Russian who snores so bad!!!!

Decent hostel, in the middle of Mui Ne, right on the beach front. Had a private room but the safe was broken with no alternative offered. Shower was good, bed was hard and uncomfortable, air con was good but too cold. Nice little swimming pool outside to cool off. Easy to book bus to da lat and do a nice dunes tour. For a backpackers hostel, really quiet. No atmosphere, no staff around, breakfast advertised yet no one knew anything about it. Did the job.