Munay B&B Reviews

Avenida de la Aviacion 470, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Very helpful staff, and very clean

• 6th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

really good location. Friendly staff. I stayed here twice during the course of my trip. The first time their towels smelled like sweat. Showers weren't great. Little pressure (I was practically showering up against the wall) . Water was more like room temperature or colder. During the second stay my friend and I could not figure out the water heater machine. Once we did, it hardly heated the water.

Place is in a quiet neighbourhood about 10 mins walk from where most of the actiOn takes place. Was clean, and generally okay - won't win any awards but also is not that bad. Things to note - their is literally no atmosphere here so don't expect any parties or social stuff, and bring ear plugs... We were staying in the double room downstairs and the walls are super thin. Another group of guests were leaving early one morning and the stairs creak very loudly when used and you can hear everything.

The hostel was nice and initially were were very happy with it. However we were in a upstairs room and it rained and we woke up to our floor and bathroom being soaked. My clothes and luggage were all wet and they didnt offer to do anything to compensate or fix it. It was a big inconvenience. Howver if its not winter it would be a njce place to stay.

Small and friendly. Staff take ownership of the premises and go out of their way to accommodate us.

We stayed the last night of our trip to Peru, it was OK. The only problem is that we booked a private room with private bathroom but the light went out a couple of times and we didn't have hot water.

The stay here was good. The hostel was clean, the staff friendly and good safe location. Only issues we had were not being able to use the kitchen to cook or store food easily and there were ants in our room that got all through my bags. They said they were getting this looked at.

Had a great experience with this hostel. The atmosphere is great with some people hanging out in the common areas with a good social vibe and the staff were incredibly nice and helpful. If you stay in the dorms, the breakfast is quite simple but since we had a doubleroom, our breakfast consisted of bread, juice, scrambled eggs. It was actually quite nice. Although I don't plan to return to Lima (had cellphone stolen right in front of me at dinner), I would definitely recommend this place!

Not a very good location, 25 min walk to Kennedy park and to Larcomar. Decent hostel overall except they tried to make us pay for an en suite private room when it was actually a shared bathroom across the hall, and then when we asked for our money back they used their own rate to convert dollars to soles, not really fair.

Very nice place overall. Nice staff, location is OK, very clean, hot water, nice breakfast with eggs, etc.

Very clean, good location. I stayed in a private room right off the lobby and under the stairs which was super loud. Decent value for the money.

• 28th Mar 2015