Muntri House Reviews

No.48, Muntri Street, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia

place is run down no widows, rude chinese staff. building and whole street is rundown and in disrepair. showers and toilet combined, stink. 'breakfast' is bread and water and jam no butter.. employee or owner what ever it was dosnt matter tryed to quote me a different price 6 ringit higher when i arrived and backed down with no explanation after i call his *!. would not recommend this * better to arrive and shop around..

• 17th Jul 2014

Good location, near the nice spots

Muntri House has a lot of character. My single room had no windows but there were nice common areas in the guesthouse so I didn't have to be in my room if I didn't want to. WiFi was good. The shower on the ground floor did get very stinky but I used the showers upstairs which were good. I thought the staff were nice and friendly and helpful.

Lovely decoration and very clean.Location wise is fantastice near to food,bus terminal and all the major attractions.Friendly and helpful staffs

• 26th May 2014
  • Japan

The staff were friendly and even offered to post my postcards for me when I couldn't acquire stamps on time. A decent atmosphere with many seats but you can only enjoy these if you are, unlike me, not the type who attracts mozzies!

We were not given towels by the (unfriendly) evening staff and had to ask the (friendly) morning staff the next day. The toilet/shower smelled terrible, no hot water and no soap in the dispensers. The breakfast is a nice convenience to start the day. The morning staff is very helpful - gave us directions, advice and booked a taxi to the airport for us. If you are a light sleeper then do not stay here - the water feature in reception is very noisy and the sound vibrates up to the rooms.

Such a nice building at the heart of Penang. I´ve really enjoyed staying there, and I´ll wish to go back again.

I stayed at Muntri House with a mixed group of five other people. The hostel was great and very inviting! We had an excellent stay and really appreciated the staff, who assisted us in contacting bus companies and finding our way around the city. I would highly recommend this facility!

Lock on bedroom door suspect but everything else perfect

To be fair, I saw the room, it looked fine, then left to go do other activities. When I got back I realized I couldn't plug in the lamp and the AirCon at the same time as there was only one plug. Not to mention not charge my phone or anything else. Plus the lamp was broken anyway as it was missing a plug one one side. I could've gotten over that but the two people working were completely rude and unhelpful when I mentioned this. Atmosphere kinda blew too and the mattress was awful.

Very very convenient location, very helpful & cooperative staff, clean, very silent lane, everything at a walking distance, enjoyed my stay.

We stayed in a twin/shared bathroom, room was clean, breakfast ok (toast, jam, coffee). Location is good!

View all Penang Bed and Breakfasts