Muntri House Reviews

No.48, Muntri Street, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia

DON'T STAY HERE!!! Worst hostel ever! Booked for 2 nights and the rooms are dirty, showers are dripping and combined with toilets that stink. First thing I see when I go to bed is BED BUGS and I had to CATCH one and show the reception for them to take action, they moved me into another room which was as bad as the first! In the morning I complained and told them I didn't want to stay another night in a room with bed bugs, but I still had to pay for that night even though I didn't stay! Horrible!

place is run down no widows, rude chinese staff. building and whole street is rundown and in disrepair. showers and toilet combined, stink. 'breakfast' is bread and water and jam no butter.. employee or owner what ever it was dosnt matter tryed to quote me a different price 6 ringit higher when i arrived and backed down with no explanation after i call his *!. would not recommend this * better to arrive and shop around..

• 17th Jul 2014

Good location, near the nice spots

Muntri House has a lot of character. My single room had no windows but there were nice common areas in the guesthouse so I didn't have to be in my room if I didn't want to. WiFi was good. The shower on the ground floor did get very stinky but I used the showers upstairs which were good. I thought the staff were nice and friendly and helpful.

Lovely decoration and very clean.Location wise is fantastice near to food,bus terminal and all the major attractions.Friendly and helpful staffs

• 26th May 2014