Muntri House Reviews

No.48, Muntri Street, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia

I stayed at Muntri House with a mixed group of five other people. The hostel was great and very inviting! We had an excellent stay and really appreciated the staff, who assisted us in contacting bus companies and finding our way around the city. I would highly recommend this facility!

Lock on bedroom door suspect but everything else perfect

To be fair, I saw the room, it looked fine, then left to go do other activities. When I got back I realized I couldn't plug in the lamp and the AirCon at the same time as there was only one plug. Not to mention not charge my phone or anything else. Plus the lamp was broken anyway as it was missing a plug one one side. I could've gotten over that but the two people working were completely rude and unhelpful when I mentioned this. Atmosphere kinda blew too and the mattress was awful.

Very very convenient location, very helpful & cooperative staff, clean, very silent lane, everything at a walking distance, enjoyed my stay.

We stayed in a twin/shared bathroom, room was clean, breakfast ok (toast, jam, coffee). Location is good!

I liked the spacious entrance hall with the sitting places. The Chinese decoration is not bad and the old colonial house is amazing. Location is central, close to all sites. For the fair price, simple breakfast and water is included. They offer safety locker per each bed. The wi-fi is working and there's a free PC available. The very negative thing was the bed in the dorm downstairs was making loud horrible noises. In the dorm, there is only 1 electricity socket.

very nice design and spacious common area,great facilities and sufficient

The hostel is nice, easy to be found, and have a good facilities. The minus thing is only have few electricity charger, so we have to share with many persons.

Was good stay. Peaceful, calm atmosphere and spacious common area(like reading area). Towel hire for free and air conditioner and filtered drinking water as well. Only one thing which was inconvenience was that toilet/shower room. It was clean but too small to use it because it's altogether in a small toilet booth.

Location's excellent,we walked to all attraction around.Price's excellent also.Atmosphere's very quite.Everything's very clean,except our beds,they didn't clean well after previous guests left: many hair fall on the drafts. I checked out at noon, in the evening I discovered I left my hand circle in the room.I asked the staff to go with me to check,but it was disappeared.I asked him to help me to check with other staff who cleaned the room after we left but he said he didn't know, I'm so upset :(

Strategic location with full facilities. nice! Highly recommended to friends!

• 16th Nov 2013
  • Malaysia

Good hostel in an old building really quiet with a special atmosphere, close center, pubs and little india!!

View all Penang Bed and Breakfasts