Mushroom Point Reviews

Otres beach, Sihanoukville, Cambodia

The room was nice beds are comfy. Toilets weren't great never any toilet roll and often smelt. No hot water. Was charged a ridiculous amount checked prices the following day and prices were lowered doesn't seem like they have a regular price. Definitely not worth the money I paid. Was charged $10 a night!! For a bed and a cold shower bad value for money.

Initially booked for 3 nights but left after two, the huts are cute and in high season this would be the perfect place to stay, unfortunately I think there are probably better places to stay during rainy season. Our little hut leaked, which is to be expected, but I think overall this is overpriced. Food is good though, and staff are really friendly. Nice chill out place if you want to do nothing for a couple of days.

You could use the incense to scare away the mosquitoes. Other than that, it was a pleasant stay.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Vietnam

we only stayed here one night and unfortunately the weather did not co-operate with us. had it though, we definitely would have stayed longer. the atmosphere is pretty chilled out and relaxed, and the hostel is located a minute away from the beach. the food here is really good too.

The place itself is a great set up and the bungalows are the perfect setting for a few nights on the beach. Unfortunately for the money we paid it just wasn't up to par with the rest of the hostels we've stayed at over our travels. NO hot water whatsoever, one of the staff (an American we think) was unhelpful when we asked what to do around the area, didn't have a map or anything and then when we were across the road at the bar she loudly mocked our Australian accents (yeah... We heard you)

Value for money is low as it is 9us$ a night and it is on an extremely expensive beach, tuk tuk into town 3-5$ each way where id eat at olive olive near the lion statue roundabout, excellent value for money, then go to supermarkets and stock up on food to last your stay and enjoy the beach with excellent sunsets

Very chilled and relaxing place during low season. Staff are super nice. Food is good and beer is cheap.

Really enjoyed my stay here! Big double bed and mosquito net! Really chill place and great food

The rooms are very cute, but not very secure. The private bathrooms are adequate, but should not be the big selling point for having a private room. The food is DELICIOUS for every meal (best breakfasts I've had in a long time), the beach bar location is really nice, and the staff is very friendly.

Mushroom point is really a good place to stay on otres beach! It's a bit more expensive than other options but the dorm is beautiful and the staff is really lovely and nice. Everything is also clean and tidy which I always find very important! The atmosphere is very chilled and that really suits the place. I booked for 3 nights and extended for another 3! Food is a bit pricey but good and on the beach there are a lot places where it's cheaper. So almost nothing but positive about this one!

Awoken by ongoing construction and the aromatic smell of raw sewage. Bathroom was separate to the Bungalow so you have to face the heat and mosquito s. The bungalows have a glass roof and no way to control the amount of light that is allowed through so you are again woken up at earlier time than you may wish. Bungalows are also not on the beach but behind the main Otres beach dirt road. For the price, there are better options on Otres beach.

Awesome !

Very pricey for the area

Great stay because of the staff mainly.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Philippines

Amazing place ! I would highly recomend it ! I stayed in the doorms and had my own massive bed and space. Great atmosphere, great people, generally just great !

• 2nd Jun 2015

This hostel has a really funky vibe and the dorm room is lovely. Every hostel on this strip is in a great location, it's just a bit pricey.

Really cool dorm. Beds are so nice. Whole place is really cute and comfortable. I would 100% recommend you stay here.

Awesome! One of the best dorm rooms I have stayed in so far. Delicious food and absolutely loved the homemade bread they bake! Their beach front restaurant is a great place to relax! Staff are all lovely. Will definitely come back if I am in Otres again.

Lucy & Alice were great, but there was this annoying, loud beeping sound every 10-20 seconds so it's impossible to hang out in the common area and it wakes you up in the morning if you're in the dorm room. I asked one of the staff and she said it's the oven and the beeping can't be turned off. The bathrooms were pretty dirty. There are no hooks to hang your stuff so you have to lay it on the wet floor. The maid moved my stuff off my bed each day & put it on the floor (quite rude I feel).

Really quiet area which was perfect ... Unique dorm with comfortable bed, nice for relaxing at the beach. Food was really good and staff where so welcoming and nice to talk to.

• 8th May 2015