Mushroom Point Reviews

Otres beach, Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Cool people, excellent food, best choice

• 13th Aug 2014

Thank you all for a great stay!

For what we paid for a dorm I think I would suggest staying in a bungalow somewhere else and then coming here at night to hang out. Nice staff. Good atmosphere. Gross bathrooms with brown water clogged toilets and they never had toilet paper which really got to me.... Seriously. Dorm was stuffy with broken fans and people hogged the working ones in the middle of the night.

Amazing place! Such a cute idea. The staff was awesome and the food was great! Really recommend this place!

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

Nice place! Location is good if you want to be on the beach but it is not close to the city or buses (tuk tuk is mandatory). Clean rooms in a beautiful place with a great common area; the bungalows in the shape of mushrooms create a really cool atmosphere. There was a bit of mold in the roof of our bathroom and room but it is totally understandable: rainy season, everything is wet. No rats, super clean, which is great compared to some reviews from some hostels around this one.

very expensive-more than a hotel: $30/night for private mushroom!! dark water from pipes, everything is open (bugs and stuff), terribly overpriced. if you want to relax once you come back from the beach this is not the best choice. we only stayed for 1 h and were so dissapoinged that we left and went to the hotel that was only $25 and we also had breakfast there! private mushroom should coat $5 / night so that the price corresponds with what is offered.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Slovenia

I had an amazing stay at mushroom point. Unfortunately the weather didn't hold up great but it didn't ruin a lovely relaxing couple of days here. I was made to feel so welcome by Megan who works there as soon as I arrived and enjoyed one of their amazing pizzas too! They have a security box to lock things away; needed for the dorms. Dorms were spacious and the pods were like doubles! Very cute and friendly place to stay with the beach and bars at your back door.

A very nice chill place on a nice quiet beach far from Sihanoukville (10min driving). The place have two areas, one next to the beach and another one (where the only 7bed dorm is) crossing the street. Staff is nice, good atmosphere, more for couples I'll say, but very enjoyable for group of friends and even for lonely travellers.

Ik heb hier een paar leuke dagen gehad, de dorm ziet er gezellig uit en de bedden lagen goed. Ook ligt het hostel 1 min van het strand, dus ideaal. De bar van mushroompoint op het strand was ook erg relax met goed eten (het kan wel even duren voordat je je eten krijgt).

酒店距离海滩很近。房子很有特点.屋子里面有保险箱。我的不包含早餐,需要自己买。但是吃的质量还可以,很适合想体验野外生活,喜欢安静的人!这片沙滩特别少人。

As there were no beds in the dorm available and I am travelling alone, I had to pay double for a hut. This made it qute expensive for a room with only a bed and a shower room in a hut alongside, ("ensuite"). Also the accommodation is not on the beach, but across the road. However, the staff were lovely, the food was good and the place was great for chilling out.

Really enjoyed my stay at Mushroom Point. Very chill spot to relax, esp given the low season and there's no people! If you're looking for a quiet little retreat with a comfy bed and the rustic basics (no AC, squat shower) this is it. A little pricey but it seems typical with the rest of Otres.

Overall it is ok, just a bit far from the town, need to take tuk tuk to go out each time.

Restaurant was shut from 12:30 until 4:30 I think, but with so many others near by it wasn't a problem! Dorms were cute and great that each be has a fan that can be moved to accommodate your needs!

I had a great stay here, the guests were really friendly. Staff was great; the owner/manager seems a bit intense, but he was very nice to me and seems to be running a tight ship. Communal areas were really nice to relax in and food was really really good. I only stayed one night, though, since they were booked up the rest of the time. Book in advance! I stayed in the dorm, which was a bit warm and there's no door so it feels unsecure, but they're happy to put your stuff in the safe.

• 16th May 2014

This place is an amazing getaway!! Otres Beach is unbelievable! I lost my cell phone and the staff was so helpful in trying to retrieve it (which was ultimately unfruitful). They'll gladly watch your stuff behind the counter while your out at the beach or wandering around. I also saw the staff take great care of someone who was staying there that was sick. Seriously, these are just amazing, genuine people. I definitely recommend this place!! Oh, their kitchen isn't bad either. :)

We had wonderful time there. I will come back to this hotel later.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Vietnam

Staying in the Mushroom is an experience not to forget! Great staff and the vibe on Otres Beach outside of peak season is the most relaxing of almost anywhere in the world. Over a few days you get to know a number of staff and other long-termers. A word of warning though - food in Otres will set you back almost double that of the food in central Sihanoukville.. that still might not be much by home's standards but can hurt those on a tight budget. The Mushroom Bar is as freindly as the hostel!

We really loved our stay at Mushroom Point. It is incredibly well designed, we loved our little mushroom bungalow, very comfortable and super clean. The staff were fantastic. We only stayed for one night but would have loved to stay longer. We had a look at the dorm as well and it was really nice. You can find cheaper places to stay, but this place is great and I would highly reccommend it if your budget will allow.

• 24th Apr 2014

I stayed in the dorm, it's a big open room with separate mosquito nets over circular mattresses that are a generous size for 1. I have rated the security poor as there was no lockers, but I didn't ask if there was a safe, and I didn't get anything stolen anyway. The facilities were ok, but one of the showers was broken and the power went on and off several times in the evening.

View all Sihanoukville Hostels