Mushroom Point Reviews

Otres beach, Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Really cool dorm. Beds are so nice. Whole place is really cute and comfortable. I would 100% recommend you stay here.

Awesome! One of the best dorm rooms I have stayed in so far. Delicious food and absolutely loved the homemade bread they bake! Their beach front restaurant is a great place to relax! Staff are all lovely. Will definitely come back if I am in Otres again.

Lucy & Alice were great, but there was this annoying, loud beeping sound every 10-20 seconds so it's impossible to hang out in the common area and it wakes you up in the morning if you're in the dorm room. I asked one of the staff and she said it's the oven and the beeping can't be turned off. The bathrooms were pretty dirty. There are no hooks to hang your stuff so you have to lay it on the wet floor. The maid moved my stuff off my bed each day & put it on the floor (quite rude I feel).

Really quiet area which was perfect ... Unique dorm with comfortable bed, nice for relaxing at the beach. Food was really good and staff where so welcoming and nice to talk to.

• 8th May 2015

The pros: friendly staff, a nice alternative design for a hostel and provides a decent atmosphere with the 'chill out' area. The cons: during my stay there were a few power outages, no hot water showers, in the mixed dorm it's super hot during the day and the it's hard to stay asleep with the hole in the roof of the mushroom in the morning (sunlight) This is a place worth staying one night at most for something different but look elsewhere if you want more bang for your buck

I loved my stay here! Started out with only booking one night, ended up staying 3 - still wondering about coming back here! The dorm room was super cool and spacey. Even though you only get a fan, I still woke up freezing in the night, so it could not be better. Staff are so friendly and welcoming and the hang out area is nice and chilled. The food is good. You can get your things in a safe, so safety is perfect. Could not have asked for a better getaway after some days in Phnom Penh.

Such a cool vibe here, the mushrooms are so cool. Make sure you have no stains on your sheets because the charge is quite high to replace.

Amazing themed hostel, only metres from the beach! Great friendly staff, good food, excellent location in otres 1. Perfect for relaxing! Although not a party place itself, there are a few places alongside which are open late. Only downside for us was no aircon, but you can't really expect it right on he beach! The sea breeze and fan kept us reasonably cool. Honestly can't recommend this place enough! Such a chill vibe, and the sunsets are intense!! Cold showers really a blessing in disguise!

I loved this hostel. One of the best I have ever stayed in. The dorm is amazing and the round beds are really cool as is all the decor. The food is amazing and I really liked the atmosphere. Also having the bar on the beach made it really easy to meet people and was a great chill out spot. The only negative was that it was a bit expensive but I would say it was worth it.

Great location if you want to get away from the crowds and just want to relax. The mushrooms were clean and very comfortable. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Food was great, especially the mixed seafood bbq. Only planned to stay two nights but ended up staying for five. Will definitely stay here again if I travel to the area any time soon.

• 17th Mar 2015

Great place to stay!

• 12th Mar 2015

Mushroom Point is so cute! I loved my little mushroom hut! We stayed in the private huts with our own little mushroom bathroom with swinging doors. I think it's a little pricey, but I definitely enjoyed my stay. There are also shared bathroom huts along the beach, but I didn't mind the extra 50 meter walk. Great beach spot too with padded platforms to lay out on and umbrellas. Have dorm rooms that they didn't tell us about. Staff is very kind and helpful. B-fast comes with free fruit and tea

Ever is good, the staff is Great But If You look for party This is not the place.

Mushroom point is on point! Great location on Otres Beach, very friendly staff and the best food we have had in Asia so far! Didn't want to leave! The only thing is personal security in the rooms isn't great as you sleep in bungalows with dodgy locks, but there is a safe in each bungalow for your valuables. Would recommend!

More a resort than a hostel. Ideal for some relaxation!

This place looks visually awesome and the pods in the dorm are super comfy. The food is good and it's just across the road from the beach. It's very chill so if you're looking for somewhere to meet people the hostel next door is probably better. The dorm is a little pricey for what it is

This place is Bliss! Located right on Otres beach which is an incredible beach. The dorms are round beds in a big bungalow. The staff are lovely and the food in the restraunt downstairs is very delicious. If you want to relax this is the place to go!!

• 6th Feb 2015

A good place to stay on Otres beach with clean and modern bungalows. They have an excellent food menu (we were recommended Khmer specialties Fish Amok and Lok Las - both superb) and setup on Otres beach, and we found their extremely friendly staff the highlight of our stay.

• 17th Jan 2015

Cute and quirky place with a chilled atmosphere. Owner and staff are so friendly and helpful, this is definitely a place where customer satisfaction is the priority over making a buck. I had to delay my arrival at short notice due to a late running plane but they quite happily amended my booking and didn't charge for the initial planned night even though they would have been within their right to do so. Food here and the sister beach bar is amazing every time, quality fresh ingredients.

The dorm room is amazing! You get your own round mattress on the floor with a pretty mosquito net. Each bed had a fan and a set of adaptors. Loved sleeping here, stayed here almost a week and could've stayed longer. Only downside was that you could inhale all the smoke coming from the bar if you're in the dorm, could get loud too but nothing that earplugs can't solve. The staff are amazing, very helpful in everyway they possibly can! Delicious food, good portions but just a little expensive.

View all Sihanoukville Hostels