Mushroom Point Reviews

Otres beach, Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Have enjoyed two stays at Mushroom Point after 'Wish you were here' messed up my booking and left me with nowhere to stay on two seperate occasions! Mushroom offers extremely friendly staff, wonderful food and drinks, a chilled vibe and the dorms and mushroom bungalows have great novelty factor. Couldn't recomend this place enough and I'm so grateful to the staff for taking care of me after I arrived all flustered and upset! Wish I had booked mushroom in the first place.

We ended up not staying. There was very little room with nowhere to put belongings, 30 minutes after arriving we had found somewhere else. And decided it all worth sacrificing our 20 dollar deposit. Also the dorm room was up in a hot loft with no personal storage space. They need to address storage in mushroom villas and dorm. On top of this my daughter was not offered any help with luggage despite two flights of steep stairs.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

My friend and I stayed for 2 nights in a private bungalow and loved it. The staff were friendly and the atmosphere of the whole hostel and area was super chilled. It is a fair way out of town but easily reached by tuk tuk and there are plenty of bars in along the beach and places to book tours and boat trips. Dinner in Mushroom Point's bar on the beach was some of the best food we had in Cambodia.

SOOOO OVERPRICED! All you get is a room. Nothing special and way too expensive. The lady working there was pretty damn rude.The hostel isn't on the beach it's on the other side of the road. There's a mushroom point bar with some rooms that we went to first thinking it was the right place. The Cambodian guy thought we were staying at there. When the lady who I gathered was the manager came around she was mega angry, like we'd tried to swindle a room away from her.

Cool people, excellent food, best choice

• 13th Aug 2014

Thank you all for a great stay!

For what we paid for a dorm I think I would suggest staying in a bungalow somewhere else and then coming here at night to hang out. Nice staff. Good atmosphere. Gross bathrooms with brown water clogged toilets and they never had toilet paper which really got to me.... Seriously. Dorm was stuffy with broken fans and people hogged the working ones in the middle of the night.

Amazing place! Such a cute idea. The staff was awesome and the food was great! Really recommend this place!

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

Nice place! Location is good if you want to be on the beach but it is not close to the city or buses (tuk tuk is mandatory). Clean rooms in a beautiful place with a great common area; the bungalows in the shape of mushrooms create a really cool atmosphere. There was a bit of mold in the roof of our bathroom and room but it is totally understandable: rainy season, everything is wet. No rats, super clean, which is great compared to some reviews from some hostels around this one.

very expensive-more than a hotel: $30/night for private mushroom!! dark water from pipes, everything is open (bugs and stuff), terribly overpriced. if you want to relax once you come back from the beach this is not the best choice. we only stayed for 1 h and were so dissapoinged that we left and went to the hotel that was only $25 and we also had breakfast there! private mushroom should coat $5 / night so that the price corresponds with what is offered.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Slovenia

I had an amazing stay at mushroom point. Unfortunately the weather didn't hold up great but it didn't ruin a lovely relaxing couple of days here. I was made to feel so welcome by Megan who works there as soon as I arrived and enjoyed one of their amazing pizzas too! They have a security box to lock things away; needed for the dorms. Dorms were spacious and the pods were like doubles! Very cute and friendly place to stay with the beach and bars at your back door.

A very nice chill place on a nice quiet beach far from Sihanoukville (10min driving). The place have two areas, one next to the beach and another one (where the only 7bed dorm is) crossing the street. Staff is nice, good atmosphere, more for couples I'll say, but very enjoyable for group of friends and even for lonely travellers.

Ik heb hier een paar leuke dagen gehad, de dorm ziet er gezellig uit en de bedden lagen goed. Ook ligt het hostel 1 min van het strand, dus ideaal. De bar van mushroompoint op het strand was ook erg relax met goed eten (het kan wel even duren voordat je je eten krijgt).

酒店距离海滩很近。房子很有特点.屋子里面有保险箱。我的不包含早餐,需要自己买。但是吃的质量还可以,很适合想体验野外生活,喜欢安静的人!这片沙滩特别少人。

As there were no beds in the dorm available and I am travelling alone, I had to pay double for a hut. This made it qute expensive for a room with only a bed and a shower room in a hut alongside, ("ensuite"). Also the accommodation is not on the beach, but across the road. However, the staff were lovely, the food was good and the place was great for chilling out.

Really enjoyed my stay at Mushroom Point. Very chill spot to relax, esp given the low season and there's no people! If you're looking for a quiet little retreat with a comfy bed and the rustic basics (no AC, squat shower) this is it. A little pricey but it seems typical with the rest of Otres.

View all Sihanoukville Hostels