Mushroom Point Reviews

Otres beach, Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Felt that it was a lovely resort within a lovely location but poor value for area and for what else was on offer.

• 31st Jan 2016

Without a doubt the best hostel I have EVER been too. Its beautiful and clean, the beds are big and comfy, the setting is mind blowing, the staff is nice, fun and helpful and the food and drinks they serve are delicious so really if you can GO spend some time there: you will not regret it!! A big Thank you guys for an amazing time!

• 21st Jan 2016

Awesome, chilled out, people are kind, they change your sheets everyday!

Great location, friendly, helpful staff. Highly recommended.

• 14th Jan 2016
  • Couple, 41+

Stayed 1,5 week. Absolutely loved the place. Comfortable and big beds, everything is nice and clean. And the staff is absolutely amazing! Favorites hostel I SE Asia

I loved mushroom! They have this relaxed and cozy atmosphere. The staff are the kindest and you can easily have a great talk with them. The beds are so nice and big! You can easily be two persons in one. The food is a little expensive but actually not much more than the other restaurant at the beach. And it's so good! My stomach is sensitive to Asia food but nothing happen when i had food from mushroom.

Place has a really chilled out vibe, and the round beds are really comfy which is hard to find in SE Asia. Location can't get any better if you're looking to relax as Otres beach doesn't have the chaos of Serendipity. Will be staying here again next time I visit.

LOVE MUSHROOM POINT! I was lucky enough to chance upon this special place when looking for accommodation near Otres Beach, and boy am I glad I did. Otres itself is amazing, and Mushroom Point epitomizes its core features: relaxed atmosphere, lovely people, simple living, eco-friendly. It was my first trip to Otres (and Cambodia), and I was will absolutely return one day in large part due to my time spent at this hostel. Also, the food is amazing!!! Kudos to the chef.

I really enjoyed my time at mushy. The staff were very friendly and helpful at the hostel as well as the restaurant. The food was always really good at the restaurant.

• 18th Dec 2015

Excellent staff, receptionist was so helpful. Sna and funy the bar staff were very positive and friendly. We will be recommending mushroom point to all our friends. The food was also excellent and the care you showed when I ( Steve) was ill ( I'll because I ate away from mushroom point ) was really appreciated.

• 7th Dec 2015
  • Wales

I loved my stay at Mushroom Point! I was in a mixed dorm with 7 beds but the room was spacious enough for all 7 of us. The bed was big too! Only thing they need to improve is to make sure that the sheets are always fresh and clean. I thought mine smelled like it wasn't cleaned well. But other than that, i can't complain since the place is lovely with a chill vibe. I'd definitely be back here.

Lovely place and nice location close to the beach! The food I found a bit too expensive but it was allright. The hostel was lovely and thank god for the fan. There are no lockers though.

Very good hostel, wonderful staff and very good pizzas, only down side is that the twin private room is actually a round double bed.

enjoyed our stay at mushroom point! Though, as my review suggests, I don't think it was the best value for our money. If I understand correctly, I could have had a bungalow to myself for $16 a night. However, Mushroom Point does not seem to charge per bungalow, but per person. So, instead, my boyfriend and I each had to spend $16 per night, totalling $33 a night when we could have stayed in an air conditioned room down the road for $20 per night. Overall it was great, just wish id paid less...

• 19th Nov 2015

Very nice hostel with okay facilities. Beds in dorms were great. Large round futon-esque things. Comfy as hell! A nice chillout place but not much going on. Food was great but pretty expensive for the area. Definitely try a pizza at least once. Good location but not great toilet shower facilities. And a slight sense of vertigo when climbing up to the dorm.

Didn't stay here, HostelWorld website was not working so could not cancel booking.

The signs around the reception and in the rooms were not very welcoming - just told you all the things that couldn't do and what you would be charged for. Staff were really helpful and friendly.

• 5th Sep 2015
  • Scotland

We went rainy season...it was very wet! Haha. Unfortunately this made the beds damp and quite foists which was a real shame. I suffer with asthma so it just did not do for me. We cut our trip short by 2 days. This was purely down to the weather. Some great places to eat and the breakfasts were great. Elise looked after us whilst we were there and she was great! I would return in warmer months as I believe this place would be great then. Proper nice chilled out vibe :)

The room was nice beds are comfy. Toilets weren't great never any toilet roll and often smelt. No hot water. Was charged a ridiculous amount checked prices the following day and prices were lowered doesn't seem like they have a regular price. Definitely not worth the money I paid. Was charged $10 a night!! For a bed and a cold shower bad value for money.

Wonderful staff, very nice and helpful. There was a terrible monsoon storm the whole night and the following morning there was no power, so packing with no light in the room was kind of difficult but it wasn't really the accomodation's fault. Despite the strong rain, not a drop of water dropped from the ceiling, (seeing the huts you could expect them to have drippings). Great atmosphere and beautiful huts. The hammock outside the huts were a nice plus.

View all Sihanoukville Hostels