Mushroom Point Reviews

Otres beach, Sihanoukville, Cambodia

I had an amazing stay at mushroom point. Unfortunately the weather didn't hold up great but it didn't ruin a lovely relaxing couple of days here. I was made to feel so welcome by Megan who works there as soon as I arrived and enjoyed one of their amazing pizzas too! They have a security box to lock things away; needed for the dorms. Dorms were spacious and the pods were like doubles! Very cute and friendly place to stay with the beach and bars at your back door.

• 22nd Jun 2014

A very nice chill place on a nice quiet beach far from Sihanoukville (10min driving). The place have two areas, one next to the beach and another one (where the only 7bed dorm is) crossing the street. Staff is nice, good atmosphere, more for couples I'll say, but very enjoyable for group of friends and even for lonely travellers.

Ik heb hier een paar leuke dagen gehad, de dorm ziet er gezellig uit en de bedden lagen goed. Ook ligt het hostel 1 min van het strand, dus ideaal. De bar van mushroompoint op het strand was ook erg relax met goed eten (het kan wel even duren voordat je je eten krijgt).

酒店距离海滩很近。房子很有特点.屋子里面有保险箱。我的不包含早餐,需要自己买。但是吃的质量还可以,很适合想体验野外生活,喜欢安静的人!这片沙滩特别少人。

As there were no beds in the dorm available and I am travelling alone, I had to pay double for a hut. This made it qute expensive for a room with only a bed and a shower room in a hut alongside, ("ensuite"). Also the accommodation is not on the beach, but across the road. However, the staff were lovely, the food was good and the place was great for chilling out.

Really enjoyed my stay at Mushroom Point. Very chill spot to relax, esp given the low season and there's no people! If you're looking for a quiet little retreat with a comfy bed and the rustic basics (no AC, squat shower) this is it. A little pricey but it seems typical with the rest of Otres.

Overall it is ok, just a bit far from the town, need to take tuk tuk to go out each time.

Restaurant was shut from 12:30 until 4:30 I think, but with so many others near by it wasn't a problem! Dorms were cute and great that each be has a fan that can be moved to accommodate your needs!

I had a great stay here, the guests were really friendly. Staff was great; the owner/manager seems a bit intense, but he was very nice to me and seems to be running a tight ship. Communal areas were really nice to relax in and food was really really good. I only stayed one night, though, since they were booked up the rest of the time. Book in advance! I stayed in the dorm, which was a bit warm and there's no door so it feels unsecure, but they're happy to put your stuff in the safe.

• 16th May 2014

This place is an amazing getaway!! Otres Beach is unbelievable! I lost my cell phone and the staff was so helpful in trying to retrieve it (which was ultimately unfruitful). They'll gladly watch your stuff behind the counter while your out at the beach or wandering around. I also saw the staff take great care of someone who was staying there that was sick. Seriously, these are just amazing, genuine people. I definitely recommend this place!! Oh, their kitchen isn't bad either. :)

We had wonderful time there. I will come back to this hotel later.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Vietnam

Staying in the Mushroom is an experience not to forget! Great staff and the vibe on Otres Beach outside of peak season is the most relaxing of almost anywhere in the world. Over a few days you get to know a number of staff and other long-termers. A word of warning though - food in Otres will set you back almost double that of the food in central Sihanoukville.. that still might not be much by home's standards but can hurt those on a tight budget. The Mushroom Bar is as freindly as the hostel!

We really loved our stay at Mushroom Point. It is incredibly well designed, we loved our little mushroom bungalow, very comfortable and super clean. The staff were fantastic. We only stayed for one night but would have loved to stay longer. We had a look at the dorm as well and it was really nice. You can find cheaper places to stay, but this place is great and I would highly reccommend it if your budget will allow.

• 24th Apr 2014

I stayed in the dorm, it's a big open room with separate mosquito nets over circular mattresses that are a generous size for 1. I have rated the security poor as there was no lockers, but I didn't ask if there was a safe, and I didn't get anything stolen anyway. The facilities were ok, but one of the showers was broken and the power went on and off several times in the evening.

Good located 2 minutes from a really nice beach!!! good ambiance, the rooms are clean but a little bit hot (because no ac only fan) staff are really friendly, there is wifi in the rooms

Great location on otres beach. Bit of a ways from the main area of the city, but if u want a beautiful beach, this area is perfect

Mushroom Point is the most beautiful hostel I've ever been to. I had my own mushroom shaped house with a hammock and a huge comfy round bed. The kitchen is outstanding, and you can spend the whole day on the beach, in the sunbeds/sea/bar. Otres beach is further away from Sihanoukville, it is basically a road with small houses of both sides, and its very quiet at night. You can still find a party place, but its really for chilling out, meeting awesome people, and enjoy the sun and the sea.

We stayed in the dorm, four fans is not enough for 7 beds people were moving them to face just their beds leaving others sweating. The showers were cold which was actually quite nice but there was never any toilet roll which I don't think is acceptable I understand that some people flush it and cause blockages but when you are paying to stay somewhere they should provide it. Security wise they had a safe box which we used but we had no idea how to get in late at night

Mushroom Point's best asset is its staff. Very friendly, very professional group of mostly fellow travelers who are also there to meet people and enjoy Cambodia. The (mush)rooms are really cool and the food is amazing. Any complaints that someone may have about this place can only be attributed to the fact that it's Cambodia and things are going to be a bit rustic from time to time, but that's part of the charm. I definitely want to return again someday.

• 3rd Mar 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights. The dorm room is awesome. The beds are huge so my sister and I shared an it was only 5 dollars each! There are fans and lots of power adapters to charge phones. Really good wifi at this place. The staff were ok, not super friendly. Awesome location. Directly opposite otres beach. Staff would come in and clean the dorms and bathrooms every day too. Would stay here again :)

View all Sihanoukville Hostels