Mushroom Point Reviews

Otres beach, Sihanoukville, Cambodia

A good place to stay on Otres beach with clean and modern bungalows. They have an excellent food menu (we were recommended Khmer specialties Fish Amok and Lok Las - both superb) and setup on Otres beach, and we found their extremely friendly staff the highlight of our stay.

• 17th Jan 2015

Cute and quirky place with a chilled atmosphere. Owner and staff are so friendly and helpful, this is definitely a place where customer satisfaction is the priority over making a buck. I had to delay my arrival at short notice due to a late running plane but they quite happily amended my booking and didn't charge for the initial planned night even though they would have been within their right to do so. Food here and the sister beach bar is amazing every time, quality fresh ingredients.

The dorm room is amazing! You get your own round mattress on the floor with a pretty mosquito net. Each bed had a fan and a set of adaptors. Loved sleeping here, stayed here almost a week and could've stayed longer. Only downside was that you could inhale all the smoke coming from the bar if you're in the dorm, could get loud too but nothing that earplugs can't solve. The staff are amazing, very helpful in everyway they possibly can! Delicious food, good portions but just a little expensive.

Great location, close to the beach. Very cute accommodation and good customer service. Chill, relaxed and bohemian feels. The actual cafe/restaurant on the beach, excellent staff/ menu/ food.

• 9th Dec 2014

The mushroom building and the round bed in the dorm room are cute, and Otres beach is not bad, staffs are also friendly. However, it's not as busy as other places, the public area is empty and more expensive than other guest houses which are only around 5$. It's recommended to travelers who are looking for a quiet place to chill out, but not for backpackers.

• 9th Dec 2014
  • China

Cosy place with wonderful staff. We'll be back!

Have enjoyed two stays at Mushroom Point after 'Wish you were here' messed up my booking and left me with nowhere to stay on two seperate occasions! Mushroom offers extremely friendly staff, wonderful food and drinks, a chilled vibe and the dorms and mushroom bungalows have great novelty factor. Couldn't recomend this place enough and I'm so grateful to the staff for taking care of me after I arrived all flustered and upset! Wish I had booked mushroom in the first place.

We ended up not staying. There was very little room with nowhere to put belongings, 30 minutes after arriving we had found somewhere else. And decided it all worth sacrificing our 20 dollar deposit. Also the dorm room was up in a hot loft with no personal storage space. They need to address storage in mushroom villas and dorm. On top of this my daughter was not offered any help with luggage despite two flights of steep stairs.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

My friend and I stayed for 2 nights in a private bungalow and loved it. The staff were friendly and the atmosphere of the whole hostel and area was super chilled. It is a fair way out of town but easily reached by tuk tuk and there are plenty of bars in along the beach and places to book tours and boat trips. Dinner in Mushroom Point's bar on the beach was some of the best food we had in Cambodia.

SOOOO OVERPRICED! All you get is a room. Nothing special and way too expensive. The lady working there was pretty damn rude.The hostel isn't on the beach it's on the other side of the road. There's a mushroom point bar with some rooms that we went to first thinking it was the right place. The Cambodian guy thought we were staying at there. When the lady who I gathered was the manager came around she was mega angry, like we'd tried to swindle a room away from her.

Excellent little hotel. Quaint, tranquil and excellent staff. Most definitely recommend. Not the most lively if your looking for a party but you can go down to the beach for that.

Cool people, excellent food, best choice

• 13th Aug 2014

Thank you all for a great stay!

For what we paid for a dorm I think I would suggest staying in a bungalow somewhere else and then coming here at night to hang out. Nice staff. Good atmosphere. Gross bathrooms with brown water clogged toilets and they never had toilet paper which really got to me.... Seriously. Dorm was stuffy with broken fans and people hogged the working ones in the middle of the night.

View all Sihanoukville Hostels