Mushroom Point Reviews

Otres beach, Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Good located 2 minutes from a really nice beach!!! good ambiance, the rooms are clean but a little bit hot (because no ac only fan) staff are really friendly, there is wifi in the rooms

Great location on otres beach. Bit of a ways from the main area of the city, but if u want a beautiful beach, this area is perfect

Mushroom Point is the most beautiful hostel I've ever been to. I had my own mushroom shaped house with a hammock and a huge comfy round bed. The kitchen is outstanding, and you can spend the whole day on the beach, in the sunbeds/sea/bar. Otres beach is further away from Sihanoukville, it is basically a road with small houses of both sides, and its very quiet at night. You can still find a party place, but its really for chilling out, meeting awesome people, and enjoy the sun and the sea.

We stayed in the dorm, four fans is not enough for 7 beds people were moving them to face just their beds leaving others sweating. The showers were cold which was actually quite nice but there was never any toilet roll which I don't think is acceptable I understand that some people flush it and cause blockages but when you are paying to stay somewhere they should provide it. Security wise they had a safe box which we used but we had no idea how to get in late at night

Mushroom Point's best asset is its staff. Very friendly, very professional group of mostly fellow travelers who are also there to meet people and enjoy Cambodia. The (mush)rooms are really cool and the food is amazing. Any complaints that someone may have about this place can only be attributed to the fact that it's Cambodia and things are going to be a bit rustic from time to time, but that's part of the charm. I definitely want to return again someday.

• 3rd Mar 2014