Music Art Hostel Reviews

Rua Rita Ribeiro da Gama, 11 - Caborê, Paraty, Brazil

The stuff is great. The swimming pool too. There's no much space in the room to put your bags, the shower is fine and the beds are ok. Is a happy place, big and full of people having a good time. I would come back!

Relaxing hostel,very good swimming pool and nice setting. No mirror in the whole hostel however. Not a party hostel but a nice break after Rio carnaval!

• 23rd Feb 2015

Pool is great! Not a lot of bathroom facilities but wasn't a massive problem. 10 min walk from centre of town, we found it nicer being a bit further out - views from the hostel are beautiful. Breakfast was fine, rooms clean and staff friendly, and very chilled.

Has potential to be a great hostel, location is nice, pool is nice and staff are friendly enough. However the dorm was quite bad. The door cannot be opened from the outside so has to be left open, so the room is full of insects and mosquitos. It is a very hot area, and so the one fan was no where near enough. I genuinely could not sleep at all because of the heat and mosquitos. Also they overbooked it so had 2 people sleeping on mattresses on the floor in the dorm. Had no internet either.

THe hostel is nice and the pool is a good. I think the after-carnival period was a bit of a disaster. There was no one on reception, the system was down, they lost my reservation and had to pay extra because they had given my dorm bed to someone else. Unfortunately, the disorganization significantly affected my enjoyment of the hostel. Another safety point, the fans are dangerously close to the top bunks and could take someone's heads off. I would suggest that they move the beds around.

When we arrived there was nobody around to check us in. we arrived at 3pm it was hot and we just wanted to get to the beach, theyd been having internet trouble and things were in a bit of shambles. finally after waiting almost an hour and a half we just asked to leave our bags so we could at least make use of our time. the internet never worked for the whole trip whoch was frustrating and the bathrooms were a bit dirty. loads of mosquitos, no air con and no fly screens on window.helpful staff

• 19th Feb 2015

This hostel is a little piece of paradise! The setting is absolutely gorgeous, and the pool is great. The big dorm is really spacious, and there's a clothes line to hang your stuff up outside. It's about ten minutes walk to both the old town and the beach. I'd definitely stay here again!

There should be a mirror somewere for the people who stay in the 10 person dorm. Actually it should be above the washbasin that is outside. You should put a picture of a map with the directions from the rodoviaria to the hostel directly onto the webpage of hostelworld.

nice staff, quiet, clean, big and clean swimming pool, positioned in the forest, a bit far from the city - approx 20 min walk, and the ventilation of the room is not the best.

Very nice hostel with a friendly staff. just out of the town but still close. A large swimming pool in the nature: juste perfect.

To have your own pool is great!!! Staff knows a lot about places (beaches & waterfalls) to visit and how to get there. Since it is located in a very green area there are moscitos in the evening - so don´t forget to bring repellent! Unfortunately the rooms don´t have moskito nets. But nevertheless I would certainly go there again!

I have stayed at this hostel for five days and I myself did liked it. The people are great, the atmosphere is happy and I have met good people. The place itself is good, well localizated close to the beaches of Jabaquara anda Pontal, close to the Historical Centre as well, it has a good pool, the people who work there are kind and friendly, the breakfast is good. The only thing I suggest is to be pacient with the mosquitos, they bother everytime. The rest is worth.

• 19th Dec 2014

I LOVE IT HERE! Only planned to stay for 3 days, but I stayed for two weeks. The location is great, only a 10 minute walk from downtown, Jabaquara beach, or the supermarket. The pool is gorgeous, and perfect for a cool down swim with mountain and clouds after a day at the beach. Kitchen is pretty well supplied for a hostel. Wear mosquito repellent before bed. The staff is really wonderful and excited to reccomend things to do in Paraty. Bring your own lock for small lockers.

Had an amazing time at the hostel. 10 min walk from the center of parati and already in the beatiful nature. We didn't care about the mosquitos and a little bit of rainy weather because everything else was perfect! Staff was amazing. Caipirinhas-the best! The last night in the hostel we had an international dinner(all the guests and staff) and it was fantastic.

I had a very nice time at this hostel

• 10th Dec 2014
  • Chile

This place is in a great location, is amazing value for money compared to other similar hostels and has an unbelievable swimming pool! The staff are friendly and the breakfast is good. In terms of improvement, the 10 bed dorm needs to have improved security as it is too easy for anyone to walk from the street into the room. I would definitely stay here again, it's a brilliant place to explore from or relax in!

I really enjoyed my stay here, it's a ten minute walk back to town but this made it quiet and serene, which I liked. Staff, friendly and helpful and the pool is great. Cons: lockers are not in rooms and quite small, fine for me as I only wanted to store valuables but others like to store whole backpacks. Also no air con.

Great hostel with lovely pool and views of surrounding mountains. Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Short distance to the town centre and local beaches. The only thing I would say is the top bunk bed is dangerously close to the fan which is a little frightening. Would definitely recommend and definitely stay again.

Nice location, around 10-15 minutes from the center of paraty but the hostel is in a quiet area and there is a large pool also. Rooms are nice and there is air con working well and the bathrooms are clean with good showers. Staff are always around so if you need help they are there. Breakfast is good for a hostel!

• 11th Nov 2014