New - free dinners
We, the creators of Musicology hostel, are long time backpackers from various countries that in between us we probably have visited more than 100 countries and slept in hostels in all of them. In Musicology we tried to create, and hopefully succeeded the dream hostel. A hostel just the way we would like to find when we travel, implementing wisdoms we picked along the way but mainly trying to avoid the things we learnt not to do from hostel we stayed in
Our beautifully restored colonial house has 2 patios, a garden and hammocks to chill out on. We have the best equipped bar, highest quality sound system, English speaking staff, hot water with strong pressure 24h, blankets like your mama will leave on your bed at home, extra wide bed, best mattresses in the market, private bathrooms in most our dorms and we can go on and on.
Since many travelers love the word free, here are some of the Free, and less free :-) services we offer:
- Free complete all you can eat breakfast
- Free Dinner (Except on Sundays and national holidays. Spaghetti Bolognese, Chicken curry, Ajiaco - Colombian soup, etc. Every night different plate)
- Free bed sheets
- Free towels
- Free internet with skype/scanner/camera/burner
- Free WiFi
- Free local phone calls
- Free safe deposit boxes in all dorm rooms with electricity plugs to safely charge your electric toys
- Free use of the guest kitchen
- Free smiles
- Free Salsa classes every Thursday
- Free exchange library
- Frree luggage storage
- Free and complete travel information about Bogota and the area.
- Free use of the hostel after checkout, until 22:30, including showers and internet
- Free taxi booking
- Free games and playing cards
- Free booking for onward hostels of your choice
- Free food delivery
- Bar with all night happy hour (why limit happiness to 2 hours a night?)
- Laundry services
- IPod and MP3 docking stations in the toilets
- Charging corner for all king of cell phones, media players, heart pacers..
- Currency exchange
- Sunday night BBQ
- 24h reception
- Night security guard
- Airport pickup (25,000 COP)
- No curfew, no lockout
- Friday night bar hopping party bus
- Very cheap international calls
- Restaurant with a wide vegetarian selection
- In the hostel Spanish teacher
However, there is much more to travelling than just staying at a hostel who offers you all these great services and having fun every night. As travelers, the moment we left our home country we have in a way made the entire world part of our life now. We can no longer ignore the situation in Zimbabwe, the hunger in Brazil, the genocide in Darfur, cutting down the rainforest, pollution, global heating and unfortunately the list is endless. Yes we know, we all have that feeling that we, the small individual cannot do anything about these big issues but as Obama said on his election campaign, yes we can!
We here in Musicology have been lucky to have such a beautiful country as Colombia host us and share its social and cultural secrets with us. However, we cannot only receive, we need to give too. We are helping poor families in our neighborhood with basic food supplies financed from our money and donations travelers leave for this cause. We recycle!! All wood used in the building of the hostel, from the bunk beds to the bar and reception, is wood from demolition. Not a single tree ended up as furniture because of us. We are sponsoring on a monthly basis an orphan child in Colombia.It takes only $1 a day to change a Childs life (less than a bottle of beer) and there is still so much more we can do. By staying in our guesthouse you are directly helping all these causes because part of all income is set a side for these matters.
Dont get us wrong. Even if you dont stay with us, we will still continue financing these projects and looking for new ways we can contribute as these are our principals and beliefs in life and they are much more important than a few more or few less guests in our house. However, together with you we can do much more than we can alone.
So please come on in and let us let the music rock your soul!!!
Happy travels to us all