Musicology Hostel Reviews

Calle 9 #3-71, La Candelaria, Bogota, Colombia

A shame that the shower was cold and no warm water. Cumbia room was really nice,but the bed was too hard. The staff where very helpfull and kind. Respect for the cleaning woman. She cleanded everything every day but guest can make a mess of showers and toilets. Good area!

Really cool atmosphere, fun but not to crazy. Some cool jams, good musicians and interesting people passing through. The staff are very diligent, helpful and great fun. Sometimes it feels more like a big family house with friends than a hostel. A good mix of Spanish and English speakers. Would def recommend it, have had a great time here.

We were supposed to stay for 1 night but felt so at home that we ended up staying for a week. The party bus was great and the salsa lesson rocked!! The staff were friendly, always smiling and spending the time with the guests. The dinners were cheap and suuuuper delicious, different each day. The dorms are huge so there's so much more room for activities. Im not gunna call him Dad.. ever. Even if there's a fire.

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Colombia

Spent the majority of my stay crying in a corner because I was so happy and didn't know how to deal with it. Great staff, great atmosphere. I really like rice. The location is great too. Highly recommended.

I really enjoyed my time here. The staff were great, especially the English girl on reception, very helpful. Cosy and home-like, will definitely be returning :)

My second time around in this trip. Feels like home. Love you guys

Just perfect! Cheap, nice, delicious food and top-ace Staff!

Seen some previous reviews and was worried a little but when i got here imediately i knew this is not the case. Great hostel. One of the best I stayed in my travels. Knoledgable and friendly staff, good matresses, clean toilets ( i saw the cleaning girl cleaning the toilets at least 3 times in a day) and the dinner is a bargain!! (asked the owner about the other reviews and they were almost all given during the period when they moved a house) Will be back again mext week. Totally recommended.

After five months of backpacking I have to say this was my least favourite hostel I've stayed at. The girl showed us to a room with unmade beds, said she would make them and didn't. When we came back after dinner someone else was sleeping in our bed who she had told to sleep there. There were signs to lock up your stuff but all the locks on the lock boxes were broken. It was located on the edge of the zone so not so safe to walk back to at night. One staff member, Rob, was helpful.

This hostel is very cold although as it is bogota!

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Poland

Lovely place, really good vibe, very helpful.

Hostel was ok, in a very good location.

Smelly, they started building work in the morning, damp, awful sheets, door to room didn't shut, we would not go back.

• 16th Jul 2014

One of the worst hostels I´ve stayed at! At arrival we waited 3h for bedlinens, didnt have dry ones at 19pm? Its cold (doesent have real roofs), noisy, dirty showers, 'dinner' was 1 hot dog (both days), no lockers with electricity plugs but one under the bed without walls to the other persons stuff! At checkout they tried to overcharge me BIG, after that they gave me the wrong change back insisted I had bought soft-drinks (I hadnt)!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!