Musicology Hostel Reviews

Calle 9 #3-71, La Candelaria, Bogota, Colombia

Staff seemed pretty uninterested. Toilets, showers and kitchen (if you can call that a kitchen) weren't clean. But most importantly the common areas are basicly in the open air and it was 11 degrees so it was no fun staying there or in your room which was seperated from the outside area by wooden doors that couldn't exactly close and had holes. We left extra early for our plane because we were freezing. Breakfast was nice though.

The is probably the dirtiest and the most grungy hostel, that i have ever stayed at. Although, it does have a fun atmosphere, if you want to party. The staff are helpful, but dont stay here if you want a clean hostel.

I lost my passport and the staff went out of their way in helping me. Everyone was super friendly.

Good value for money, decent breakfast, nice staff especially the manager. Disappointing the kitchen and allowing people to smoke in the bar area even at breakfast.Had a great time, I will go back for sure.

It was very quite when we got to the hostel. The staff is very friendly, but the atmosphere is quite calm contrary to what I heard.

Only stayed two nights midweek so cannot comment on some of services offered. The hostel staff were friendly, informative and very very laid back! Breakfast was basic but good, coffee 24hrs from flask in bar. Beds very comfortable. The place is starting to look and feel a bit shabby, but no probs with that. It is very cold though at times, fortunately the beds have blankets and duvets!! It doesn't have the greatest atmosphere, but is a great stopover if you're not staying in Bogota too long.

The hostel was ok, the staff were helpful if asked any questions. The only real problem was the lack of hot water in the showers (it gets chilly in Bogotá and cold showers aren't very fun)

• 4th Feb 2015

There is hot water in ALL showers. Problem is that many people do not understand the dynamics of the hot water heaters used in most of south America. On top of every shower there is an electrical water heater. The more you open the water the colder the water. The slower the flow the hotter the water. I guess those who do not think ecological and open the water to the max end up showering in cold water. THINK GREEN!!!!

Really nice atmospher and facilities. But No hot water, The bathroom and dormitory really dirty, disgusting. No door for the bathroom. and the door for toilet doesn't close.

Lovely place lowly people wonderful environment. The manager is awesome ... She is doing a nice job. The owner is so funny and helpful too. Totally recommended

Is all what u need if u r planning to have the best stay in bogota ever. This hostel has everything, super good location with museums , plazas and parks near by.... Exchanges homes, restaurants and lots of activities like FREE (the best word ever) walking tours, graffiti tours, salsa lessons, bogota experience (is tejo (local and funny game) chicha (local drink) and super delicious coffee ;-)))) For sure I will come back!

Will recommend this hostel to everyone

The staff were super nice & helpful. Cool TV room & good location. I didn't like that you could smoke in the bar area! Kitchen was small & had minimal items for use. I also thought they were a little lax on the security, we needed a key for our 4 person room (was only 2 of us) & always had to ask at reception for it, but they never even checked our names or anything. Our bathroom had a leak but was cleaned regularly. But this is being picky, overall was a great place & I would stay there again!

it´s a hippie style hostel..it´s fun to stay one or two nights

I wonder what is a hippie style hostel. Dormitories? shared bathrooms? Guest kitchen? Yes, we have them all. The only think we are missing to be a hippie hostel are the hippies!

Great location, great staff, great crowd. The only downside is under equipped kitchen.

Reminded me of a university hall of residence. Generally fine. More investment needed in kitchen facilities. One night music was playing until silly o'clock - I went into the bar to ask to turn it down, the only guy in there was the DJ! Turning the music off at night! This was at 1am - people like to sleep generally when the sun goes down especially when there is no-one in the bar anyway!

Good kitchen to use, helpful staff. Atmosphere and people really great, but in the morning in the room was almost no air to breathe and was a bit stinky. Bad smell in the rooms, no windows, no fan, no AC, no air. It,s pretty cheap accomodation but for three days in a row brakfast looked exactly the same. Ananas papaya jam and bread. Papaya and ananas, ananas and papaya. Colombia has lots of cheap fruits. Could be a bit more creative

The rooms are right against the bar wall and the music plays until midnight. You can hear everything. Beds were very hard and uncomfortable. Other than that, it was ok for the price and we only stayed one night. Very small kitchen and small bathrooms. But rooms are big with a lot of space.

Great place to meet people if traveling alone. Dinner is 5.000 cop and you get plenty to eat. Only downside is how cold it is due to lack of insulation. But, they give you planty of blankets so you can sleep well at night. I would stay here again.

Really really cold everywhere! They do put extra blankets but this wasn't quite enough for us. My friend enjoyed the breakfast (bread, jam and fruit) but I did not. The showers were cold unless on a really low pressure. Wi if good in common areas. The staff were really friendly and helpful. There was a free salsa class the night we had to leave. Evening dinner is extra even though says included in lonely planet (not much extra though). Overall good area however Bogota in general very unsafe.

Really great hostel.. good staff and a good atmosphere. Also does good value food and breakfast included in the price. One of my favourites in south america so far.