Musicology Hostel Reviews

Calle 9 #3-71, La Candelaria, Bogota, Colombia

We were supposed to stay for 1 night but felt so at home that we ended up staying for a week. The party bus was great and the salsa lesson rocked!! The staff were friendly, always smiling and spending the time with the guests. The dinners were cheap and suuuuper delicious, different each day. The dorms are huge so there's so much more room for activities. Im not gunna call him Dad.. ever. Even if there's a fire.

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Colombia

Spent the majority of my stay crying in a corner because I was so happy and didn't know how to deal with it. Great staff, great atmosphere. I really like rice. The location is great too. Highly recommended.

I really enjoyed my time here. The staff were great, especially the English girl on reception, very helpful. Cosy and home-like, will definitely be returning :)

Just perfect! Cheap, nice, delicious food and top-ace Staff!

Seen some previous reviews and was worried a little but when i got here imediately i knew this is not the case. Great hostel. One of the best I stayed in my travels. Knoledgable and friendly staff, good matresses, clean toilets ( i saw the cleaning girl cleaning the toilets at least 3 times in a day) and the dinner is a bargain!! (asked the owner about the other reviews and they were almost all given during the period when they moved a house) Will be back again mext week. Totally recommended.

After five months of backpacking I have to say this was my least favourite hostel I've stayed at. The girl showed us to a room with unmade beds, said she would make them and didn't. When we came back after dinner someone else was sleeping in our bed who she had told to sleep there. There were signs to lock up your stuff but all the locks on the lock boxes were broken. It was located on the edge of the zone so not so safe to walk back to at night. One staff member, Rob, was helpful.

This hostel is very cold although as it is bogota!

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Poland

Lovely place, really good vibe, very helpful.

Hostel was ok, in a very good location.

Smelly, they started building work in the morning, damp, awful sheets, door to room didn't shut, we would not go back.

• 16th Jul 2014

One of the worst hostels I´ve stayed at! At arrival we waited 3h for bedlinens, didnt have dry ones at 19pm? Its cold (doesent have real roofs), noisy, dirty showers, 'dinner' was 1 hot dog (both days), no lockers with electricity plugs but one under the bed without walls to the other persons stuff! At checkout they tried to overcharge me BIG, after that they gave me the wrong change back insisted I had bought soft-drinks (I hadnt)!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!

The hostel has moved from 3 doors up the street, I guess that's why everything was inly half done. They were painting, fixing pipes, etc while I was there. Place has potential, but there's a lot to be done still. Atmosphere was good, different outside areas to chill out and meet people. Bar doesn't open until 6pm

Good: Staff kindness. To the question, and gave me the answer seriously. Lively music flows. (Is it annoying to hate music) Every day, I bet me making. Bad: Moisture is higher dark. Jose is not the laundry. Amount of water in the shower is the worst. It had been described as free dinner, but not it. There are staff that does not know the reservation of the hostel world.

The hostel feels very run down and dirty. The whole place is dank and your luggage gets moist just being in there. The bathroom floors are always wet from the showers and at many points there was only one working toilet for the whole hostel. After two nights, we couldn't take it anymore and moved to a much nicer hostel for only $5 more.

The place was super Gordy, but the experience was awesome. I definitely want to go back and I recommend it to all who don't mind dirtiness.

We have just moved to a different location, 3 houses down the road , and are still in the process of organizing and beautifying our hostel. We lowered prices to compensate for the inconveniences that might be caused due to the moved. In about 2 weeks the hostel will function in it's full capability

Dog urinated against my bedroom door. Bedroom beside reception is not actually separated by a full wall so you can hear and see everything that's going on all night.no attempt to quieten the hostel after midnight. Bathrooms dirty and badly built. Bed clothes dusty and unwashed from previoususer.rain came through the roof when it rained on to the communal area. Unreliable WiFi. Saving grace- met great people. It was cheap. Breakfast and dinner provided was a real bonus.

I completely understand that the hostel was undergoing renovation due to a recent movement - but the facilities were just awful. The toilets were flooded 90% of the time, cold water in all the showers, the hostel was always very cold and the kitchen that the guests were allowed to use didn't have a sink..

We have move to a different location, just 3 houses down the road, to a much bigger and better house that will give us the possibility to give better services and options, like private doubles and single rooms. We moved less than 2 weeks ago and yes, some of the things are still not working the way they should. However, all toilets are now working, hot water in all showers, there is a sink in the guest kitchen but the hostel is still cold (for this need to talk to mother nature).

We can definitely see the potential, but musicology has just moved premises and is not set up yet. It was disappointing to turn up when they were in the middle of moving and not have any prior warning. Nothing was as advertised. Dinner was not free, there was no bar and no kitchen. Give it a month and it'll be great.

Already have a bar and a kitchen. Dinner was always free but since we moved you now have the choice to choose between free dinner or a lower price on the room with no dinner