Musicology Hostel Reviews

Calle 9 #3-71, La Candelaria, Bogota, Colombia

Will recommend this hostel to everyone

The staff were super nice & helpful. Cool TV room & good location. I didn't like that you could smoke in the bar area! Kitchen was small & had minimal items for use. I also thought they were a little lax on the security, we needed a key for our 4 person room (was only 2 of us) & always had to ask at reception for it, but they never even checked our names or anything. Our bathroom had a leak but was cleaned regularly. But this is being picky, overall was a great place & I would stay there again!

it´s a hippie style hostel..it´s fun to stay one or two nights

I wonder what is a hippie style hostel. Dormitories? shared bathrooms? Guest kitchen? Yes, we have them all. The only think we are missing to be a hippie hostel are the hippies!

Great location, great staff, great crowd. The only downside is under equipped kitchen.

Reminded me of a university hall of residence. Generally fine. More investment needed in kitchen facilities. One night music was playing until silly o'clock - I went into the bar to ask to turn it down, the only guy in there was the DJ! Turning the music off at night! This was at 1am - people like to sleep generally when the sun goes down especially when there is no-one in the bar anyway!

Good kitchen to use, helpful staff. Atmosphere and people really great, but in the morning in the room was almost no air to breathe and was a bit stinky. Bad smell in the rooms, no windows, no fan, no AC, no air. It,s pretty cheap accomodation but for three days in a row brakfast looked exactly the same. Ananas papaya jam and bread. Papaya and ananas, ananas and papaya. Colombia has lots of cheap fruits. Could be a bit more creative

The rooms are right against the bar wall and the music plays until midnight. You can hear everything. Beds were very hard and uncomfortable. Other than that, it was ok for the price and we only stayed one night. Very small kitchen and small bathrooms. But rooms are big with a lot of space.

Great place to meet people if traveling alone. Dinner is 5.000 cop and you get plenty to eat. Only downside is how cold it is due to lack of insulation. But, they give you planty of blankets so you can sleep well at night. I would stay here again.

Really really cold everywhere! They do put extra blankets but this wasn't quite enough for us. My friend enjoyed the breakfast (bread, jam and fruit) but I did not. The showers were cold unless on a really low pressure. Wi if good in common areas. The staff were really friendly and helpful. There was a free salsa class the night we had to leave. Evening dinner is extra even though says included in lonely planet (not much extra though). Overall good area however Bogota in general very unsafe.

Really great hostel.. good staff and a good atmosphere. Also does good value food and breakfast included in the price. One of my favourites in south america so far.

1 2 Next » last »