Musicology Hostel Reviews

Calle 9 #3-71, La Candelaria, Bogota, Colombia

Unfriendly staff. Cold showers.

• 20th May 2015

It is the worst hostel that I ever visited (stayed in more than 20 so far). The facilities are old and dirty, the bed and sheets are super old, the blankets smell bad. It was noisy most of the time (even at 3-4AM!). The staff is mostly inexperienced and unfriendly. Including the fact they tried to cheat us on the amount, which we needed to pay I do NOT recommend this place!

This place is cheap and you get what you pay for. It is very social and in a great location but otherwise it is totally lacking. The entire place is disgusting and doesn't look like it's ever been mopped. There is no furniture at all in the lounge. "Breakfast" is no more than bread and fruit. The staff is hard to discern from partying guests and it is generally very unorganized. There is little hot water to speak of. The staff often answers questions with "I don't know."

The worst thing about this hostel are the beds! They are so uncomfortable to the point you actually can't sleep properly. Its also very cold inside this hostel so make sure you have warm clothes. Apparently the hostel was on a music ban when we stayed so there was zero atmosphere and nothing happening which made it a pretty boring place to stay. Finally there is a trick to the hot water in the 4 bed dorm which no one tells you (turn on the cold tap only a little to get hot water)

Staff seemed pretty uninterested. Toilets, showers and kitchen (if you can call that a kitchen) weren't clean. But most importantly the common areas are basicly in the open air and it was 11 degrees so it was no fun staying there or in your room which was seperated from the outside area by wooden doors that couldn't exactly close and had holes. We left extra early for our plane because we were freezing. Breakfast was nice though.

The staff at this hostel was very nice and helping. First thing that happened when I got there, was a tour around the hostel with all the information I needed. Sheets, towels and breakfast was included, which was great. The cleanness, on the other hand, was not that great. The mattress had burned holes in them, and the sheet covers were to short too cover it all. The bathrooms were dirty and not very well kept. Are much nicer hostels to the same price in this city.

Great place for a solo traveller. Met some really cool backpackers here. Free salsa lessons and the bar is pretty cool. Big shout out to the friendly Argentinian who works in the hostel. Cheers Cal

The is probably the dirtiest and the most grungy hostel, that i have ever stayed at. Although, it does have a fun atmosphere, if you want to party. The staff are helpful, but dont stay here if you want a clean hostel.

I lost my passport and the staff went out of their way in helping me. Everyone was super friendly.

Good value for money, decent breakfast, nice staff especially the manager. Disappointing the kitchen and allowing people to smoke in the bar area even at breakfast.Had a great time, I will go back for sure.

It was very quite when we got to the hostel. The staff is very friendly, but the atmosphere is quite calm contrary to what I heard.

Only stayed two nights midweek so cannot comment on some of services offered. The hostel staff were friendly, informative and very very laid back! Breakfast was basic but good, coffee 24hrs from flask in bar. Beds very comfortable. The place is starting to look and feel a bit shabby, but no probs with that. It is very cold though at times, fortunately the beds have blankets and duvets!! It doesn't have the greatest atmosphere, but is a great stopover if you're not staying in Bogota too long.

The hostel was ok, the staff were helpful if asked any questions. The only real problem was the lack of hot water in the showers (it gets chilly in Bogotá and cold showers aren't very fun)

• 4th Feb 2015

There is hot water in ALL showers. Problem is that many people do not understand the dynamics of the hot water heaters used in most of south America. On top of every shower there is an electrical water heater. The more you open the water the colder the water. The slower the flow the hotter the water. I guess those who do not think ecological and open the water to the max end up showering in cold water. THINK GREEN!!!!

Really nice atmospher and facilities. But No hot water, The bathroom and dormitory really dirty, disgusting. No door for the bathroom. and the door for toilet doesn't close.

Lovely place lowly people wonderful environment. The manager is awesome ... She is doing a nice job. The owner is so funny and helpful too. Totally recommended

Is all what u need if u r planning to have the best stay in bogota ever. This hostel has everything, super good location with museums , plazas and parks near by.... Exchanges homes, restaurants and lots of activities like FREE (the best word ever) walking tours, graffiti tours, salsa lessons, bogota experience (is tejo (local and funny game) chicha (local drink) and super delicious coffee ;-)))) For sure I will come back!

Will recommend this hostel to everyone

The staff were super nice & helpful. Cool TV room & good location. I didn't like that you could smoke in the bar area! Kitchen was small & had minimal items for use. I also thought they were a little lax on the security, we needed a key for our 4 person room (was only 2 of us) & always had to ask at reception for it, but they never even checked our names or anything. Our bathroom had a leak but was cleaned regularly. But this is being picky, overall was a great place & I would stay there again!

it´s a hippie style hostel..it´s fun to stay one or two nights

I wonder what is a hippie style hostel. Dormitories? shared bathrooms? Guest kitchen? Yes, we have them all. The only think we are missing to be a hippie hostel are the hippies!

Great location, great staff, great crowd. The only downside is under equipped kitchen.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7