Musicology Hostel

Fabulous 548 Total Reviews
Fabulous 548 Total Reviews

• Austria, Male, 25-30
2nd Sep 2017

Originally I planed to stay two nights in Bogotá, but in the end I ended up staying 9. One of the reasons was the hostel. It is a super chill place to hang out, plan your trip, and to get to know people in the cosy bar :). The location is superb, just a stone's throw away from Plaza de Bolivar and it felt more secure than el Churro. the staff is amazing and thanks to them it felt more like a temporary home ❤ some reviews are saying there is no english speaking staff but that is not true

• England, Female, 25-30
15th Aug 2017
5.7

Awful experience! Booked an ensuite room for two nights. Arrived to find our room had been taken and we had to stay in a basic room and wait until 12pm the next day to check in to the correct room. There was no hot water, the shower was freezing cold. On checkout they overcharged us for our room we finally agreed a price but we still had to pay for two nights in an ensuite. I would definitely not recommend this hostel.

• Ireland, Female, 31-40
3rd Aug 2017

I'm probably a bit old for this hostel. Lovely interior and facilities are fine, the only downside they had lost keys for the room but it's between owners so will be rectified soon I'm sure! Bar is handy but a bit dark and smokey. 2 days enough in Bogota

28th Jul 2017

This hostel needs bookings. I had a 6-8 bed (2 seemed to be out of commission) to myself for 2 nights, really comfy beds and good lockers under the beds. Kitchen needs a bit of TLC. There is a bar at the back which I wish I went into earlier to mix with the other guests and staff earlier. The staff don't speak English but if the previous American owner is around you will be alright. Really helpful guy.

16th Jul 2017

This place was great! Good wifi, comfortable beds, nice kitchen and lounge areas. It's a very short walk to the big central plaza.

11th Jul 2017
7.1

I liked the location. The staff was nice. The bathroom in my dorm was basically out of commission since before I checked in, but the door wouldn't close anyway so even if it worked, I probably wouldn't have used it. My bed wasn't comfortable. For the price, it's a good deal.

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
9th Jul 2017
7.1

Good hostel not great, was a bit dead at times. Staff are nice and bar is a good touch.

21st Jun 2017
6.6

The hostal itself is quite nice. It's clean, offers adequate accommodations. Our only complaint is the fact that there are several signs around the building that say NO SMOKING. Yet, people smoke in the common area. It wouldn't be a problem if there were no signs, but since there are, it makes the hostal seem a bit hypocritical. The staff is young, and there is no real management. In fact, they were the ones smoking most of the time. If you don't care about smoking then you'll love it.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
17th Jun 2017
8.0

Overall had a very pleasant stay - Maria is wonderful and was super helpful no matter what questions or inquiries we had. The hostel truly lives up to its name in that there is always music happening. It can get quite noisy in the evenings, so bring earplugs if you plan to sleep early or are a light sleeper! The common areas are nice and conducive to meeting other travellers. Close-ish to lots of things in the Candelaria, but there will be lots of walking up and down hills!

8th May 2017

Pretty cool, quiet hostel with a comfy layout. Staff interactions were a bit hit or miss (sometimes helpful, sometimes not) and there's a good bit of road noise if you get a bed in a dorm near the street, but overall it's a pleasant place to spend a few nights.

×