My Friends Reviews

Via Faenza 66, Florence, Italy

Excellent location! Right next to the station. Perfect for walking in to the city to see all the main sites. The staff were lovely, so helpful and friendly. Even left a bottle of house wine in our room! It was very hot when we visited Florence, the twin room we were allocated did not have a proper window, which made the room quite dark and stuffy. Luckily we had a fan to keep us cool! Highlight of Florence was seeing the sunset with a few beers at the Piazzale Michelangelo. Stunning!

• 27th Jun 2015

We really enjoyed our stay! Nadina was so friendly and helpful.

One of the best hostel experiences I've ever had. The place is simple, but cosy and very clean, with everything that you need. The owner is a special person and will make you feel at home and wish to come back.

Nadina was amazing! She greets you and makes you feel so welcome. Check in was fast and I got coffee and I liked that I got to pick my own bed. Breakfast in the morning was enough to keep me going until lunch and it was nice to not have to worry about it. Very close to the duomo and other major attractions. As a solo traveler at first I thought it would be difficult to make friends in such a small hostel but I walked away with plenty of them! Thanks for the great stay, see you next time!! -Erin

Staff was super friendly. They gave us an upgrade for free. They were very helpful and gave us a great map with many local recommendations.

• 20th Jun 2015

Friendly and helpful staff. They made my weekend trip to Florence very enjoyable. I felt very safe which is important as a solo female traveler. Highly recommended.

• 20th Jun 2015

My husband stayed here with our 11 year old son and our 18 year old daughter + her friend. The location was easy to find and well-placed, and the facilities comfortable but the proprietors were simply amazing. They were met with refreshments and touring advice, made to feel at home in the middle of the busy tourist season, and later welcomed back with a glass of wine - just what my husband needed after an afternoon on the streets with the kids. What amazing hospitality. Book this gem!

• 17th Jun 2015

More than adequate hostel within easy walking distance of train station. Hostess Nadina is fabulous and made us feel at home. Her recommendations for eating places and things to do were excellent.

My Friends Hostel was fantastic. Best Hostel I've ever stayed at, the woman who was working there was so helpful and the place was spotless. Would recommend to anyone!!

• 14th Jun 2015

This place was incredible, would definitely stay here again. Thank you My Friends!

This was a great hostel to stay in! Nadina is the most caring and kind woman you will ever meet! The hospitality she displayed was the best of any other hostel I have stayed in. Honestly no complaints!!

• 12th Jun 2015

I loved this hostel. Nadine was breathe of fresh it after a long day of travel. She welcomed me with a free cup coffee and a great city map.

You will feel right at home. The nicest people u will meet work there.

it is one hostel for highly recommend. well location, well facilities, clealiness, more importantly, the staff of the reception is very friendly, with better service on breakfast, and help you to visit the city. it is the best hostel experience in my travelling period.

The best hostel in Florence. Very much feels like home and Nadina & other staff are very kind and friendly. Loved my stay and will be staying here again for my next visit in Florence.

This hostel was the best hostel i have ever stayed! it was clean, 24 hours hot water, free wi-fi and very close to train station. The best thing about this hostel is the staff! Nadina(i m not sure if i wrote correctly) is extremely kind, friendly, and hospitable. Thank you for great hospitality

I absolutely loved my stay in My friends. Nadina makes you feel at home and makes sure that you have the best florence trip. Her recommendations are amazing, so make sure you pick up her map! The only thing that could improve is I found the bathrooms and kitchen areas to be quite small.

This was the best hostel out of 8 on my trip. The staff went out of its way to help make the stay better. The hostel is small enough that all the visitors got to know each other, which made the stay even better.

I loved my stay here so much - I don't even know where to start. Nadia was just amazing. I've worked in the travel industry for a number of years and never have I felt so welcomed in a new city. Like many buildings in Florence, it retains all it's historic charm, with much of Nadia's charismatic character. Rooms are spotless and spacious with comfortable beds, and the breakfast in the morning is simply delightful. Location-wise it's perfect - walking distance to everything. Highly recommended!

Staying at my friends was absolutely fantastic!! Florence was my favorite city in Italy and much of that is because of the experience that My Friends provides. We were greeted with wine and a map of the city with details of where to go and what to do. The breakfast was delicious which included pastries and fruit with tea, juice, or coffee. The owner was on site and available to answer questions. I could not be more pleased with my experience and I hope I get the chance to stay there again!

• 29th May 2015