My Friends Reviews

Via Faenza 66, Florence, Italy

I really enjoyed my stay at My Friends hostel. The staff was amazing. They privided tips and restaurant suggestions so I could avoid the touristy places. Location was good, a few munutes walk from the train station and everything within walking distance. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone on a travelling on a budget.

Great place (somehow one will feel at home in an extremely comfortable environment), great location near the main train station, superb hospitality and the best, friendliest hostel owner I'll ever meet, in a heartbeat. :)

• 19th Apr 2014

This was absolutely one of the best hostels I have stayed in and Nadina was simply wonderful! She actually made you feel welcome. It felt like a homey place, which is what I like in a hostel. There is very little to complain about. She tells you where the best spots in Florence are and gives you a map with everything on it. The breakfast is delicious as well. The shower was very nice, but rather small if you're a bigger person. I would definitely come back!

Friendly and helpful hostel staff, great service

I only stayed one night, but I would definitely go back. The woman running the hostel (unfortunately I'm bad with names) is one of the friendliest people I've ever met. The location is perfect and it was so nice to come back to a glass of wine and good conversation in the evening. All the extras (breakfast, towel, hair dryer) paired with the amazing "staff" make this hostel one of the best. Common area is a little small but that wasn't a problem at all.

Stayed here for two nights last week. Great location (very close to Santa Maria Novella train station and less than 10 minutes walk to the Duomo). Nadina was awesome! Very welcoming and made sure you were having a great time! When you get there and check in she sits you down with a map and runs through the best that Florence has to offer. Listen to her food recommendations, they are spot on! Great size hostel for meeting other travelers, as it's not that big. Great experience in a great city!

• 14th Apr 2014

IN LOVE WITH THIS HOSTEL. By far the best one I've stayed at in Europe. Nadina, the owner, is the sweetest woman EVER. While the facilities are small, My Friends feels like home. Great atmosphere and I can't say enough about how much Nadina influenced our stay. She gives excellent city recommendations and the hostel couldn't have a more perfect location. She sent us on our way with a bottle of wine; needless to say, I can't wait to go back!

Nadina makes this place. She's incredibly hospitable and helpful. She's done a great job with the place all things considered. The common area is quite tight so hanging out in the hostel isn't particularly comfortable but that's made up for by the excellent breakfast and friendliness of the host. Definitely a low-key hostal, so if you're looking for some leisure and peace in a hostel this is a good fit for you.

Needs a kitchen and a bigger break room. Staff was awesome Close to train station Close to city center Breakfast was real good

Nadina is the bomb. Nadina is a caring owner and truly makes each person feel special. She goes out of her way to ensure you see the most out of Florence. She even had homemade wine to offer guests.

Nadina was the most amazing hostess. She is so attentive, caring, thoughtful, and helpful...it completely makes the stay. The private room was comfortable and clean. I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• 7th Apr 2014

This place is truly a gem, with a good location, lovely and helpful staff, highly sanitary rooms, and free breakfast as well. The whole atmosphere was warmly welcoming and the couple who own it are some of the sweetest people I've met. Close to the historic bits as well as the station, 2 thumbs up, 5 stars!

• 5th Apr 2014

The BEST hostel you will probably ever stay in. Local owner and charm. Nadia is simply the best. She makes you breakfast and always has time to chat with you about things to see and do in Florence.When we'd come back from our day she'd offer us tea or house wine. It was my birthday and she actually gave me a full bottle of wine to celebrate. She is the most helpful and friendly person you will ever meet. The location is perfect, almost next to the Duomo and walking distance to everything else.

The location is great for getting to all the big sites and feels very safe despite its proximity to the station. The absolute best part of it is Nadina, the host. In addition to being incredibly warm, friendly and helpful she is also a really interesting person to talk to! Her personality also automatically ensured that the hostel had a great atmosphere and that everybody was very friendly and respectful yet still having fun! (free house wine might have helped with that…) Stay here!

The room is cute and comfortable. The staff is really nice and friendly, my friend was having a cold that day, and the staff helped us a lot.

Fell in love with Firenze and with this hostel. We actually felt home-sick after we left here, that's how welcoming and comfortable Nadina and her boyfriend are. Two of the nicest, most genuine people you will ever meet! (even bought us extra strong beer as a treat!) good luck with everything guys! Can't wait to come back and visit your new place when it happens. Xx Nik (from Australia!) Ps Nadina makes the best cappuccino in the world :p

Hostel is very near railway station and is easy to find with the map left on the site. Hostess Nadina is wonderful and cheerful and will immediately give you a map of Florence and describe you where to find all the important tourist sites and places to eat tasty panini and gelato. I met very nice people, had a very good breakfast and a room was very nice, bed was comfortable and toilet very clean. I even tried vino that Nadina gave me and it was delicious.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Serbia

Excellent location. 5 mins walk from the main train station Nadina is a great host, friendly and very helpful The breakfast included is great.

This hostel was so amazing. Nadina, the person who runs the hostel with her boyfriend was very inviting even before I came. She sent an email to confirm my arrival and everything! She was very welcoming when I got there, the breakfast was amazing, and the room was very clean. We each got our own reading light and outlet, a clean towel and clean sheets! The place is very homey and Nadina works on keeping the environment great and safe. She was always so friendly and was like a mom away from home!

• 14th Mar 2014

I Miss Nadina and Elio.. so Nice Person.. Whit Them u fell like at Home.. the Hostel is so clean ... and u can meet everybody . I will suggest My friends Hostel to all of my Friends.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4