My Friends Reviews

Via Faenza 66, Florence, Italy

I had a fantastic time here, Nadina looked after me so much and made such an effort to make sure that I had a good stay! The breakfast was also the best breakfast that I have had at any hostel iv stayed in. would definitely return!

We got a bottle of home-made wine when checking out. A nice gesture by the hostel that we appreciate!

Nadina works so hard and she is the loveliest host you can ever have. She knows alot, very approachable, very generous and not calculative. Made me a womderful welcoming tea which is very helpful after a long day of travel. She always welcomes you with a smile. The toilet and shower is really very small and old, but it always has hot water for shower, always clean. Breakfast is good, handmade by lovely Nadina. i would totally stay there again if I go back to Florence.It is only 3min station,town

Nadine is amazing, from the minute you arrive she makes you feel at home, and will treat you like family during all of your stay! the place is very nice and clean, could not be better located, and it is great to meet cool people! book it now! you wont regret it!

The hostel's owner is excellent. You can not expect someone better than her. Staying in this hostel, you will get a better service than 5-star hotel!

Great hostel with a fantastic location and atmosphere. However, it's Nadina and her constant endeavour to give her guests the best possible experience, which takes this place to a different level. The breakfast, advice on places to see and eat and the accommodation itself are spot on. I spent four wonderful days here and would return in a heartbeat. Good luck!

A cool and friendly place with a host who really cares. She's really nice, and though the rooms are a little hot and packed, the atmosphere made it better than spacier places I've stayed in the past. It's also right by the train station, yet because Florence is small, right near everything you need!

The hostel l is set on a picturesque street of bars, cafes and although small, has a more intimate setting and it attracts travellers who aren't too rowdy. Nadine is a hostess beyond compare. She was friendly and welcoming on my arrival and highlighted some of the best attractions in Florence for me on a free map. I was overwhelmed by her generosity and attentiveness and could not recommend this hostel more highly.

Great hostel and perfect location

What stands out is the amazing staff! The couple that runs this hostel (I failed to learned their names and that is my bad) provides loads of important info that will help you during your stay, like the best affordable restaurants and gelaterias. They even told me what I should order, and it was awesome. Also the hostel is located near the train station, only 2 minute walk.

Staying here for 3 nights last week was one of my absolute favourite ever hostel experiences (of 14 years of going to them). Nadina is just brilliant and makes the hostel feel like home, introducing people, offering wine, feeding you breakfast, yet treating you entirely like an independent adult. I've never met so many pleasant people so quickly. There only being two bathrooms is literally the only faintly negative thing. For solo travellers particularly, you can't beat it. Thank you so much!

What a great place. Location is great and Nadine is so amazing! Wealth of knowledge and helps make your stay as comfortable as it can be. She gives great tips for places to eat and drink. I would gladly stay here again

• 14th Apr 2015

The owner, Nadina, is absolutely wonderful! She is so welcoming and fun to chat with. The hostel is quite small, which creates a good feeling of community but also means the bathrooms, common area, and kitchen are quite cramped as well. I didn't find it to be an issue, though it would be nice to have somewhere to put your things in the bathrooms. Everything was very clean and I found my bed and my dorm to be very comfortable.

Brilliant! True to the name, the host treats you like a friend and incredibly hospitable. The beds and rooms are basic (mine was a single roller bed in semi-room/walkthrough to another) and the common area is tiny, but it means nice and cosy. She even cared to stick her head in just as I woke up to take my drink order, so that my own breakfast tray is ready just as I'm. Very helpful with travel info, I too got a glass of wine and unlimited coffee as in other reviews, and decent wifi. Great stay

I really enjoyed my time in Florence, especially because of the friendly and very helpful host in My Friends. The Hostel has a really nice family-atmosphere and it's extremely clean! I definately will go there again.

I absolutely loved My Friends. Nadina is a wonderful, gracious host and makes you feel like part of her little family. She was extremely kind and very accommodating to any possible need you may have had. GREAT showers, good wifi. Hostel location is ideal, short walking distance from anything you'd want to see in Florence. I would definitely come back to My Friends.

It was such a lovely stay!! The hostel made us feel so like home and Nadia's smile can really brighten your days up!!! The people ther are so friendly and nice.. Room was very nice too... It's jus such a shame that there are only 2 toilets and shower time can be quite a long wait!!

• 5th Apr 2015
  • China

My stay at My Friends was amazing! Nadina does everything possible to make you feel welcome and comfortable during your stay. She even gave me a train ticket to Lucca when I asked about day trip options from Florence. The bed was comfortable, shower was good, and the hostel is always clean. The atmosphere was good as well and I met some great people who I spent a lot of time with while in Florence.

My Friends was by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The owner, Nadina, makes you feel like family coming to visit. When you arrive she gives you a personalized map of all the best places to visit and eat. And she is so helpful with any question you may have. It was clean, safe, comfortable; a little oasis away from home. It is absolutely perfect, and I couldnt have asked for anything else.

My Friend's hostel was one of the favorite parts of my stay in Florence. The owner, Nadina, is a wonderful person and makes everyone feel at home in the hostel. It has a friendly and safe atmosphere. Nadina also provides a map with the best places to visit and eat at, which was very helpful. I would definitely recommend to anyone planning to visit Florence.

• 30th Mar 2015