My Friends Reviews

Via Faenza 66, Florence, Italy

My Friends was by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The owner, Nadina, makes you feel like family coming to visit. When you arrive she gives you a personalized map of all the best places to visit and eat. And she is so helpful with any question you may have. It was clean, safe, comfortable; a little oasis away from home. It is absolutely perfect, and I couldnt have asked for anything else.

My Friend's hostel was one of the favorite parts of my stay in Florence. The owner, Nadina, is a wonderful person and makes everyone feel at home in the hostel. It has a friendly and safe atmosphere. Nadina also provides a map with the best places to visit and eat at, which was very helpful. I would definitely recommend to anyone planning to visit Florence.

• 30th Mar 2015

Wonderful Hostel! I cannot say enough how much we loved our stay here. It's a great location, just a ten minute walk to the centre of Florence and right by the train station. There's so many restaurants and shops near by and everything in Florence is easily accessible. Maxima the hostess was so helpful and sweet, upon arrival she gave us a map with all the best local places to eat and visit. Truly a great hostel and i definitely recommend staying here!

Real friendly owner who gives her best even while she's sick! She's like a mother taking care of a bunch of children.

Nadina is lovely! She makes the best breakfast I've ever had at a hostel, not to mention homemade wine (and both are free!). The hostel itself is kind of old and cramped, so don't go if you want top-notch facilities or lots of personal space, but Nadina does her absolute best to make her guests feel at home and to foster a nice community. It's a fantastic place to stay.

It's a really good hostel, and Nadina is great!!! She is always being kind and prepares the breakfast for you. She also gives you a lot of good advices.

Loved my stay here. The owner is an amazing woman and let me keep a converter and helped me do my laundry when everything was closed. She made my life so much easier and was so helpful. Also the map she gives you with affordable good food spots and the best sites to see is perfect!

• 14th Mar 2015

AWESOME, 5 minute walk from santa maria novella train station, 10 minute walk to city center, a couple runs this hostel, free breakfast included and they are some of the nicest people i have ever met, next time i stay in florence i will be returning here, upon arrival nadina checks you in and gives you a map with everything and anything you might want to see, explains it well and most of the food places she shows you are for locals and not tourists, also bathroom and bedroom was spotless (clean)

The owner was so sweet and kind! She greeted me, showed me all the tourist attractions and best places to eat on a map, made sure that I liked my sleeping arrangements, and just took the additional time to get to know me a bit! Everything else was nice too: location, atmosphere, etc.

• 14th Mar 2015

I had a perfect stay there. The hostel was clean, quiet and absolutely friendly, just great for an untroubled time in Florence. Hot shower was perfect, breakfast was perfect, talking to Nadina was perfect. That was definitely one of the best hostels ever I have stayed in. Wolfgang

• 10th Mar 2015

We absolutely LOVED our stay at My Friends! Our train got in earlier than the checkin time but the owner, Nadina, had our room ready, letting us checkin early. She gave us breakfast because we didn't eat on the train and took about 10 minutes to go over the map of Florence with us, suggesting places to check out that coordinated with what we already had planned. She was so sweet and accommodating, we wished we could have stayed longer! Would love to visit again!

• 10th Mar 2015

Nadina is such a sweet woman and great host!

• 6th Mar 2015

Great place! Would recommend :)

Me and a friend had a great time at My Friends in Florence. Nadina welcomed us very friendly and she gave us an introduction to the city and lots of great places to have cheap, but very tasty food. I'd definitely stay at My Friends again, if visiting Florence another time.

• 28th Feb 2015

Small hostel but in a good location, particularly close to the train station (SMN). Twin room was a decent size and clean. Extremely safe with seperate keys for the building and the hostel meaning no unwelcome guests wandering. Hosts were also incredible and made my stay. Really friendly, provided plenty of tips (detailed map also) and even went out of their way to find me alternative accommodation when deciding to stay a further night. I'll definitely stay here again.

We really enjoyed our stay in this hostel! The staff was so nice, she really made us feel confortable! The room was clean, the breakfast simples but enought! We only had 2 problems: the water of the shower became cold, after too hot, and cold again, but was just wait a little and we could have a hot shower. Second: there is a big window in the room that gives to the entrance and the curtain was too thin so there was light all night long!

Only 5 minutes from the train station. The staff was very kind, friendly and helpful. We got a brief overview of the city with amazing reastaurant and gelateria tips. The twin bedroom was simple and cosy. It was next to the common area which you could hear quite well the noise when you are in the room, but it was most of the time calm. The hostel breakfast was also great.

Its a small hostel actually. But it has everything you need. Clean rooms, showers, nice beds and everything. It does not look as new or as well refurbished as compared to other hostels BUT the owner Nardina is awesome. She kinda picked us up when we were walking to the hostel :) And we made the mistake of booking one when we wanted two nights. She helped us looked for another accomodation since her place was fully booked:):) Its a simple hostel but the owner is perfect :)

This hostel, full of character is only a few minutes’ walk from the centre of town and the San Lorenzo Mercato Food Market. At the quiet end of a bustling street, it is also close to the main train station yet in neighbourhood which feels safe. We stayed in the twin en-suite room and found it spacious and perfect for our stay with comfortable beds and a good shower! Nadina was fantastic and welcoming, offering us great tips and restaurant recommendations. I will definitely come back – hopefully

• 16th Feb 2015

Beautiful hostel filled with friendly people, Nadina and her husband are lovely and made me feel so welcome in their city, even gifting me some homemade wine and seeing through every bit of my trip from where to go to where to do laundry. Great breakfast, very nice location in a small city, comfortable and big beds. I arrived so early and Nadina immediately gave me a bed and a shower without hesitation. I cannot wait to return! Don't hesitate, you can't go wrong with My Friends!

View all Florence Bed and Breakfasts