My Friends Reviews

Via Faenza 66, Florence, Italy

Very friendly welcome, made to feel comfortable ,

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Great place to stay. People staying at the hostel were great and Nadina is a great host. Location was also good - would definitely recommend!

I've stayed in 5 hostels in my trip and this one is my best! Great location close to termini and inside the city center, free lockers, everyone has a key for apartment doors... and Nadina(the owner) is also great! She is very helpful and kind... Thanks Nadina :)

Thank you Nadina for a great stay! We had a wonderful time at My Friends hostel in Florence. There was a great atmosphere to meet awesome people and have fun. The location is excellent. Nadina is very generous and helpful. Definately would come again and recommend to everyone!

I don't have enough characters to type all of the good things I want to say about this hostel. If you are coming to Florence and your interest isn't just partying, YOU NEED TO STAY HERE. Nadina is the epitome of a hostess. She takes the time to make sure you know where you should go, what you should eat, and what you should see. She called our next hostel to confirm the directions for me. She even brings everyone their own tray of breakfast in the morning with a friendly smile. Thanks again!!!

This was probably the best hostel I have ever stayed in! Nadina was amazing, such lovely persona and feel to the place! Really made my Florence trip :) I met great people as it's a small place and you get chatting instantly. Anything you need is right there and the rooms are clean, tidy and homely. The beds were made and breakfast is prepared for you by Nadina :) The map and advice was perfect too. Thanks so much for the best stay ever. Richard

Nadina is the most friendly host ever. She made everyone feel welcome and gave excellent recommendations. The custom map provided was very helpful. Great location (close to train station). Small hostel so easier to meet people. Only downside was the price, but hostels are generally a bit expensive in Florence... I would definitely stay again.

This place is the best, our favourite in our entire European trip. The owner is the extremely hospitable and made us as comfortable as possible. The beds were the best, great place to meet others, and great breakfast. We will go back to this place again.

Where do I begin? I arrived at Florence and My Friends being disappointed for not finding the 'dolce vita' that everyone is talking about when it comes to Italy and I found it here thanks to Nadina. Her generosity is just amazing, the hostel is small and perfect unlike the usual clinical style hostels you get in Italy. Her recommendations are spot on and you get a lot from a person who truly loves Florence and love doing what she does. I cannot recommend this place enough!

We loved out stay at My Friends!! Such a lovely lady that runs the hostel. She offered fantastic advice about Florence and reccommended great food and things to do. She even shared her wine with us. Very grateful. We had a double room and it was so comfortable and nice. Breakfast is delicious and served fresh to you. It's so homely and quaint. Would reccommend!!

Excellent Hostel! Nadina is so nice & very helpful. Location is excellent and safe! Really good atmosfere. i would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 6th Sep 2014

My favourite place I stayed by far! The staff are so lovely and the other travellers were all very kind, friendly and respectful. Wifi throughout. A decent brekky in the morning. Close to the train and bus station as well as the leather and food markets and not far to walk anywhere! Every ither place I stayed I didn't stay out after dark because the area didn't feel very safe but this place was absolutely fine! Beautiful accommodation in a beautiful city. 10/10 would stay again!

• 4th Sep 2014

We loved staying here, the couple that run my friends are amazing hosts. They go well out of their way to make sure you have a good, authentic Italian experience in Florence and just make you feel right at home. The beds are comfortable, fresh sheets and towels everyday. And a perfect location with a filling breakfast. Wish we could go back!!!

• 3rd Sep 2014

I am a world traveler ,I can't say this hostel is the best I have stayed and usually I am too lazy to write a review but Nadina and her partner are by far the best hosters I have ever met. They serve you breakfast into your hand every morning which you won't usually have in a 5 star. If you are solo traveler or mature couples between 28 to 50. This is the right place you are looking for.

Had a great time at this hostel. Was welcomed with a glass of wine and a map with great inexpensive food options marked. Small hostel, but makes it very easy to meet people. This is one of my favorite hostels I have stayed in. Would definitely stay here again.

Probably the best staff at a hostel I have ever experienced! So accomodating. Felt like a hotel service wise. Nadina was such a great host! I recommend this place to anyone who is nervous about travelling alone. You won't be nervous after this visit!

Nadia, the owner, is lovely!! So sweet. I got there and before I had even dropped my bags I was invited to dinner. Nadia told me to go, have fun and she would check me in the next day. It's a small hostel so it really does have a family atmosphere. Not a party hostel. Very laid back. Close to the train station. Great, cheap local recommendations for food all marked on the map! I would definitely stay here again!

Look no further, book this hostel! Nadina runs this place amazingly.I've never had better customer service in any other hostel or hotel.Upon arrival Nadina greeted us and even offered coffee and water (most hostels barely acknowledge you). She immediately mapped out all the Touristy things to do on a map along with good food and gelato places to eat at. This place is kept super clean.Location is great, it's literally a 7 min walk from train station. Small place so you socialize with ease.

• 27th Aug 2014

Really great hostel. Nadina was great at telling me what to see and do in Florence. Hostel was really friendly and welcoming. Local sites were marked out on a map making it easy to get around, would highly recommend. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Great staff, great location, great hostel!

I really enjoyed my stay in My Friends. This is the best hostel that I have stayed so far. Nadina is really a great host, she was more like friend to us, she made a good introduction to me about florence upon my arrival. I felt like home in My Friends. Definitely recommend to the rest!!

• 26th Aug 2014