My Friends Reviews

Via Faenza 66, Florence, Italy

'My Friends' was the best thing that happened to us in Florence. I was there to attend a conference: venue was 300m from the hostel. I was welcomed by Nadina who is extremely kind. She does everything possible to make the hostel feel like home. She is assisted by her partner (whose name I never asked!!) who is a very affable person. The whole place is generally neat and our rooms were cleaned when necessary. Breakfast was on-time: it is basic and sufficient, we enjoyed it. I would love to go bac

• 3rd May 2014
  • India

Nadina is the nicest person in the world! She makes your stay feel so homey and serves a lovely breakfast for you whenever you get up. Would definitely recommend just for her :)

I have never felt compelled to write a hostel review before after staying in tons of them, but I finally felt the need to write about this hostel - it is amazing!! The owner makes you feel at home immediately and is never far away when you need her- I had my birthday while I was at the hostel and got a special present from the owner, and then I needed to take an interview and she let me use a private room that was empty that morning to take the call. Stay here, you won't regret it!!

• 3rd May 2014

Staying at My Friends Hostel in Florence has been a great and very nice experience. Since our arrival, Nadina gave us great advices, places to visit, where to eat a snack, gelato in town. Most of all, she is very friendly and passionate about welcoming new travelers at her hostel! The place is really well located, only a few foot steps to get into the Central Market of Florence, few minutes to reach all the touristic areas. We will not hesitate to recommand the hostel to our friends!

I had an excellent stay at My Friends and would absolutely recommend anyone to stay at this hostel when traveling to Florence. The location is great; about a three minute walk to Il Duomo. The owner, Nadina is fantastic. She makes you feel right at home and accommodated me and everyone else as much as she possibly could. The facility is small but that made it very easy to meet other travelers. If I ever come back to Florence, My Friends is where I would stay!

The couple who own the hostel are extremely helpful and friendly. The day lounge is a comfortable environment for meeting other travelers. The owner helped with booking tours, hostels, etc, as well as allowing us to print tickets and give us full access to the kitchen and computer facilities. We were on a first name basis with the owner and other tenants, and I never felt uncomfortable leaving my stuff unattended in the hostel. Breakfast was delicious. Highly recommend.

Simply awesome!:)

Nadina is one of the sweetest persons I have ever met. Not only was she extremely hospitable, but she even made effort to call us by our first names, which shows how much she truly cares about each individual. She made us breakfast every morning and gave us very helpful tips for places to see and eat at in Florence! I recommend everyone traveling to Florence on a budget to check out My Friends! Nadina makes everything worth it! I wish more people followed her example!

• All Male Group, 18-24

Serious if you want to make your stay the best you possibly can you will stay here. The owner is the sweetest girl you will ever meet she will do anything to make your stay better. Great simple breakfast, coffee anytime you need it and right in the middle of everything. Please choose this hostel it will make your trip so much better. Thank you so much for everything you did to make our trip amazing:) -Aaron

• 25th Apr 2014

It was a great place to stay for a short stop over in Florence. We were made very welcome and the breakfast was a nice surprise. The room was basic and clean, but had everything you would need for a comfortable stay. We would definitely return.

• 25th Apr 2014

Great location, close to the train station and walking distance from the major monuments. Nadina was a wonderful host - thanks for the Cinque Terre recommendation, it was amazing! Place was a bit small, but very clean and homey. Expensive but that may have been the season/just Firenze. Well worth the money!

Very very nice and friendly staff who gave advice of where to go in Florence (cos I didn't plan anything before I go :p) Restaurants recommended are very local which are what I wanted !!

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Best hostel I've stayed at! The woman running it is amazing, she showed me places I might like to go on a map on my first day and recommended some excellent food! The atmosphere if the place is really nice, social, but relaxed. Also, breakfast was fantastic

Nadia is an amazing host! The rooms are shared, but clean and comfortable with separate lockers (bring a lock). The free breakfast is delicious as well. Our stay was lovely!

• 19th Apr 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at My Friends hostel. The staff was amazing. They privided tips and restaurant suggestions so I could avoid the touristy places. Location was good, a few munutes walk from the train station and everything within walking distance. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone on a travelling on a budget.

Great place (somehow one will feel at home in an extremely comfortable environment), great location near the main train station, superb hospitality and the best, friendliest hostel owner I'll ever meet, in a heartbeat. :)

• 19th Apr 2014

This was absolutely one of the best hostels I have stayed in and Nadina was simply wonderful! She actually made you feel welcome. It felt like a homey place, which is what I like in a hostel. There is very little to complain about. She tells you where the best spots in Florence are and gives you a map with everything on it. The breakfast is delicious as well. The shower was very nice, but rather small if you're a bigger person. I would definitely come back!

Friendly and helpful hostel staff, great service

I only stayed one night, but I would definitely go back. The woman running the hostel (unfortunately I'm bad with names) is one of the friendliest people I've ever met. The location is perfect and it was so nice to come back to a glass of wine and good conversation in the evening. All the extras (breakfast, towel, hair dryer) paired with the amazing "staff" make this hostel one of the best. Common area is a little small but that wasn't a problem at all.

Stayed here for two nights last week. Great location (very close to Santa Maria Novella train station and less than 10 minutes walk to the Duomo). Nadina was awesome! Very welcoming and made sure you were having a great time! When you get there and check in she sits you down with a map and runs through the best that Florence has to offer. Listen to her food recommendations, they are spot on! Great size hostel for meeting other travelers, as it's not that big. Great experience in a great city!

• 14th Apr 2014