My Friends Reviews

Via Faenza 66, Florence, Italy

If you are looking for a home away from home this is the right place to stay! Perfect location, nice breakfast and, most of all, a warm and friendly atmosphere that helps to meet other travellers.. Thanks Nadina!!! :)

Nadina is the best! arrivederci

Nadina was extremely lovely! She gave us a warm welcome to the hostel and made some excellent recommendations for food. Be sure to ask her to recommend you food places! The buildings were old but the rooms were very very clean, room was warm and insulated. Nadina prepared breakfast everyday. She also allowed us to leave our luggage at the hostel and come back to rest at the hostel even though we checked out. She also offered us a cup of house wine. Thanks Nadina!

Nadina was a lovely host - very welcoming and very helpful. The location is superb too - 5 minutes from the station. Breakfast is great as well, and you can eat breakfast anytime! Lol.Would highly recommend this hostel! Thanks Nadina!

loved this hostel , but the best thing about it was Nadina! so so very friendly you instantly feel at home , the free breaky is nice and the bathrooms and dorms are always really clean! loved it! Thankyou so much Nadina , i had a fab stay xx

My Friends is an outstanding hostel! I would 100% recommend staying there if visiting Florence. Yes, it is slightly more expensive BUT it's worth it. Nadina and her partner are so welcoming, it was lovely whilst travelling alone. The rooms are dark and quiet at night, it's very clean, showers are (usually) hot, location is perfect.

• 15th Jan 2015

My friens is a very, very nice place! Me and my girlfriend had great days in Florence. Nadina is a lovely person and gave us good tips about the city, especially on restaurants! Hostel is cozy, very clean and the location is perfect, 5 minutes walk from Santa Maria Novella station.

The hostel staff were amazing. Incredibly friendly and so helpful!

• 13th Jan 2015
  • South Africa

this is the most amazing place you can stay in at florence. it is really close to all the site, the couple who run this place are the most amazing people you could ask for!! It's just feels like home.. I would advise you all my friends to head here if ever in Florence. It's golden.. i can't with to review my stay with them in our London Magazine. simply Golden

• 13th Jan 2015

staff is really nice as well as the food recommended

If you are ever in Florence, make sure you stay here! Nadina will make you feel welcome almost instantly! The place is very small and cozy meaning you will meet everyone staying there - super easy to chat over a few (or many) glasses of wine.

Everything was great.

Nadina help us since the beginning of our stay in Florence. She gave us a map including her recommendations of the city and also a delicious home made wine. If you are looking for a place to stay in Florence and feel like home you should choose My Friends. :)

Herzlichen Dank für das warme Willkommen in Florenz! Für uns war der Aufenthalt bei euch einer der besten während unserer Reise. Sehr hilfreich waren für uns auch die guten Restaurants- und Sightseeing-Tipps. C'était très bien. Continuez comme ça, merci!

The hostel owner, Nana was warm and lively. The day I arrived My Friends was freezing. I was very ill and stayed in the dorm sleeping for almost one day. She was so patiently helpful with everything and shared the New Year's hot wine and panetone with us. The location was brilliant, it was 5 minutes' walk from Duomo/central market and railway station. And you can have a map( with love) of gelato,panini and must see from Nana. Even the breakfast was the best I had in Italian hostels.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • China

There was slight miscommunication on my time of arrival, and Nadina actually called me up and asked if i need help for directions or other help. She even went to train station to pick me up and helped me all the way to the hostel!!! She also hands us extra blankets cos she's afraid we'd be cold at night. Best host ever met, felt even before i reach the hostel. The rooms are tidy and cozy, sheets and towels are changed everyday. Breakfast is nicely prepared, the kitchen is also quite easy to use.

I stayed here for one night only and the staff and the atmosphere were awesome.. Very nice couple.. A nice hostel to chill out

As Florence was my 3rd destination of my trip, and I felt like going home once I checked in My Friend:)

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

Friendly atmosphere, cosy rooms and very helpful owners. That's all you need in a hostel :).

The place is nice and comfortable , clean and one of the most friendly staff I met during my travel in Europe ; I forgot to carry my Smartphone with me and was bit worried about visiting places in Florence , The map provided by Nadina is like TripAdvisor with all the attractions , Gelateria and food places ..for me that was awesome .

View all Florence Bed and Breakfasts