My Friends Reviews

Via Faenza 66, Florence, Italy

Usually I don't leave reviews but Nadina deserves one.... I can only echo every other comment, she makes this hostel terrific. Great location, a comfortable bed, and more importantly a warm welcome. Was an absolute pleasure to stay with you.

• 3rd Oct 2015

wow what a host! will definitely stay here again & recommend to all our friends.

This hostel was amazing! Nadina really made you feel so welcome and helped with anything you needed! It was in a great location and easy to find on arrival! Thank you again Nadina for such a wonderful stay.

Nadina is amazing, such a great person! Hostel has a real homely feel and you always get offered breakfast, like I said Nadina is an incredible host, if I was to ever go back to Florence this is the place I would stay!

Everything was perfect. The owner ( Nadina ) was very helpful. Good location, good beds and clean bathrooms. I recommend my friends hostel to all my friends:)

Great Hostel ideally located within the city centre, close to various sites and an abundance of public transport. Perfect for single travellers.

• 27th Sep 2015

The owner Nadina was very friendly and helpful. She also prepared a simple breakfast for everybody.

Great little place to stay! Comfy, warm and friendly feeling... a true home away from home. Easy to meet and chat with people. Nadina is an awesome host, very friendly and helpful. She serves you breakfast every morning and can recommend a lot of places around town. Place is a short walk from train station, the main sights and an amazing Gelato place. Loved it!

Nadine and her boyfriend has been a very hospitable host and has lots of local insights on Florence. Lovely homemade breakfast and an attentive service one would wake up to in the morning. Rooms are also very spacious , but having hooks by each bed and a small TV in the dining area will really make the stay perfect! One thing I realize from my stay here is that great service makes all the difference in any hostel stays, and I certainly got my best ever hostel stay here!

• 23rd Sep 2015
  • Singapore

The host was absolutely wonderful!! She offered coffee as soon as we got there and made us a delicious breakfast in the morning. Great location and within walking distance of the train station and all major sites. Great stay and definitely recommend this hostel!

I had a wonderful stay at My Friends, Nadina is really helpful and answer and try her best to give information in details for the places to visit around Florence and others place as well.I feel warm and like staying at home, I will recommend to others travelers to stay here .

Amazing. Nadina is the sweetest. Had a lovely stay.

My Friends is the best hostel I have stayed in so far! Easy to get to from Stazione Santa Maria Novella, it is located in a very nice, old building in Via Faenza, on the ground flour - this means you don't have to carry your luggage anywhere up... Nadina is the nicest host ever, she takes great care in everything so that you will feel as if you are indeed staying at friends. Also she prepares a typical italian breakfast for each guest:) I highly recommend staying at this hostel!

• 18th Sep 2015

Nicest woman ever running the place

Right from when I first got to the hostel, I felt like I was being welcomed into a family. I arrived extremely early but my lovely hosts told me I could leave my backpack to go exploring. The breakfast was just enough to get the engines running and the bed was extremely comfortable. Would definitely, absolutely stay here again!

We had an excellent stay at this hostel althought the facilities were old. Breakfast was prepared for you every morning and we even got a bottle of homemade wine, which was delicious! The person in charge of the hostel was the sweetest. She gave us a map of all the things to do in Florence, pointed out all the good and not too pricey restaurants. Amazing stay!

I loved this hostel. The owner is so personable and happy to give awesome suggestions about the city. She makes all of the backpackers breakfast in the morning. It's a small place but there is a small area to hang out and it's great for making new friends. She cleans the restrooms and bedrooms every morning replacing towels for free. She's great about letting you check in early or check out a little late if you're having a hard time rolling out of bed in the morning. Highly recommended!

One of the best places we've stayed!! Nadina was so friendly and helpful. She went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. We were given a map on arrival and shown all the things to do and see. Our room was clean and a good size. I had to wait a few times to use the bathroom but it wasn't an issue. Wifi worked well in our room. Beware that it's not a 24 reception. We got in earlier than arranged but one of the other guests contacted Nadina and she came back straight away to check us in.

I was silly and left it to the last minute to book in at My Friends... It was booked out, and for obvious reasons. I then changed my plans and headed to Rome first so I could come back and stay here on a friends recommendation.. It was definitely worth it! Nadina is incredibly welcoming and does everything she can to help you. It's a very friendly and relaxed environment where you feel at home as soon as you enter the door. The location couldn't be any better either! I can't wait to come back!

Only negative about this place are the too few bathrooms and tini kitchen. But if you want to feel at home, meet good people, and be super close to the train station, this is the place for you! And the owner is superb!!! So welcoming and lovely.

View all Florence Bed and Breakfasts