My Friends Reviews

Via Faenza 66, Florence, Italy

Nadina was seriously the best. Florence and Tuscany was truly unforgettable, and staying at My Friends definitely improved our experience by a lot. Not enough good words can be said about Nadina - she was the most friendly owner that we've met throughout all of our travels. We could not more highly recommend staying at My Friends if you're ever visiting Florence. Thanks, Nadina!

amazing! Nadina thank you for everything! you`re such a great person! It is not a big hostel, not fancy but it has a great vibe. the owner is so nice, breakfast is basic but pretty enough. and if you are so busy like me knowing the city and the only thing you need is a great bed and a clean shower, yes.. this is the place!

I have never stayed anywhere so homely and welcoming. Location is fabulous, a good deal overall, but the true star is your host; Nadina goes above and beyond for everything. Really enjoyed all of her recommendations, and all the little treats! Free wine, nice chats, breakfast on a tray every morning. Amazing!

A really nice chilled out place with the best staff, highly recommend it

Nadina was wonderful! The name "my friends" could not be more appropriate for this place. I felt like I was staying at a friend's house. Nadina was so welcoming and helpful and so sweet! She helped map out our plan and even suggested places for us to go that were great! (Go to Osteria Santo Spirito and get the white truffle gnocchi...you won't regret it!) We stayed here for four nights and I didn't want to leave. Also was very clean and safe and in a great location! Would go back again!! :)

10 minutes to the train, excellent location, as well to all over town. Wonderful 900 year old building, solid, clean, up to date with old world charm and cosy feeling! Great facilities, and a charming excellent hostess, Nadina!! Information, hospitality, grace and super personality, Thanks Nadina!! Great stay for us.

This hostel felt like I was staying in a house instead of a hostel which was Wonderful. The couple who run the hostel are so accommodating and friendly. They inform the guest on what to see and do while in Florence. Guests were allowed to use the kitchen, porch, and entry way whenever they needed. The beds were already MADE oh yesss! Breakfast was provided every morning for FREE. I would recommend this hostel to any Florence visitor who wants to meet people and stay in a small hostel.

Nadina was the most amazing host; she gave us all the information we needed for an awesome night out in Florence and helped us plan the most affordable way to see the whole city. My favorite hostel ever!

Nadina is a fantastic host here as she is super friendly and always eager to help. The place is cozy with a small communal area to meet people and chat. Only negative is that the showers aren't the best as the hot water was intermittent, but that didn't bother me much. I'd definitely recommend this place mostly for the location. It's so close to the train station you can't go wrong!

• 31st May 2014

Nadina is what makes this place great! Friendly, helpful, tries to make your visit to Floence the best it can be.

• 31st May 2014

Great staff, impossible be better!!! The only little problem is the noise, you can`t sleep until late! But I really reccomend it!!

I love this place!! One of the best hostels that I have stayed at in my 4 months of traveling Europe. The owner, Nadina, tells you about all the great places to see, eat and shop and is an amazing hostess. She makes you feel like you are home and helps you plan your stay, especially if visiting other towns too. I met a lot of wonderful people here and will come back again!

One of the best stays on my tour: Very open Athmosphere, very clean, very close to train station, leather market and the core of florentia.

This hostel is truly a gem. Nadina is just amazing...there's no hostel owner like her. She makes all of her guests feel very welcomed, and treats them like her family. I can tell how hard she works to make people feel comfortable AND special (bed lights for reading, tables near the bed to put your belongings on, trays for breakfast). Seriously THE place to stay if you're in Florence. Oh and also, the train station is literally a 3-min walk away.

This is the BEST hostel I've been to so far in 2014, and I've been to 14. The staff is the most wonderful (with great recommendations about local stuff to see and do), and the common room is really cozy and makes it super easy to meet fellow travelers. Not to mention that it's like 2 steps from the train station and breakfast is included. When I was there, everyone felt like family and it was a great atmosphere to be in and travel in! Stay here!!!

Nadina is one of the kindest human beings I've ever met. My friends is truly a great name for this hostel because the hostel literally fosters the creation of new friendships. I highly recommend staying here.

• 20th May 2014

Best hostel we stayed at on our trip! Nadina is the most helpful person in the world and the most beautiful part of Florence! Gives you a bed and breakfast feel. It was very easy to make friends and hang out at breakfast and before going out. Place sleeps about 16 ppl with 2 bathrooms and a patio. Free breakfast, free coffee and tea whenever, free wifi. Nadina will give you info on anything you need to know about the area. Not staying at My Friends while in Florence would be a huge mistake!

Nadina is what made this place! She was truly wonderful! The first night she sat my down and gave me a map of Florence and gave me a run down of what there was to do in the city. She also gave some excellent suggestions on where to grab food (trust me, they were amazing!) Her facilities are a bit dated, but Nadina makes up for it ten fold, the location I gave an excellent because it was so close to the train station, and because Florence is easily walkable.

• 14th May 2014

Definitely the hostel in Florence to recommend. It is more a B

• 11th May 2014

What a fabulous place to stay! I couldn't recommend it enough. The lady owner was so incredibly helpful, when I arrived she offered me cake and coffee and wrote on a map all the best places to go and eat and things to see. I've never experienced hospitality like it, better than any hotel. I really feel like after I left I stayed with friends. Great atmosphere, wifi, it was clean and in a great location. I can't wait to go back to Florence :)

View all Florence Bed and Breakfasts