My Friends Reviews

Via Faenza 66, Florence, Italy

This hostel is truly a gem. Nadina is just amazing...there's no hostel owner like her. She makes all of her guests feel very welcomed, and treats them like her family. I can tell how hard she works to make people feel comfortable AND special (bed lights for reading, tables near the bed to put your belongings on, trays for breakfast). Seriously THE place to stay if you're in Florence. Oh and also, the train station is literally a 3-min walk away.

This is the BEST hostel I've been to so far in 2014, and I've been to 14. The staff is the most wonderful (with great recommendations about local stuff to see and do), and the common room is really cozy and makes it super easy to meet fellow travelers. Not to mention that it's like 2 steps from the train station and breakfast is included. When I was there, everyone felt like family and it was a great atmosphere to be in and travel in! Stay here!!!

Nadina is one of the kindest human beings I've ever met. My friends is truly a great name for this hostel because the hostel literally fosters the creation of new friendships. I highly recommend staying here.

• 20th May 2014

Best hostel we stayed at on our trip! Nadina is the most helpful person in the world and the most beautiful part of Florence! Gives you a bed and breakfast feel. It was very easy to make friends and hang out at breakfast and before going out. Place sleeps about 16 ppl with 2 bathrooms and a patio. Free breakfast, free coffee and tea whenever, free wifi. Nadina will give you info on anything you need to know about the area. Not staying at My Friends while in Florence would be a huge mistake!

Nadina is what made this place! She was truly wonderful! The first night she sat my down and gave me a map of Florence and gave me a run down of what there was to do in the city. She also gave some excellent suggestions on where to grab food (trust me, they were amazing!) Her facilities are a bit dated, but Nadina makes up for it ten fold, the location I gave an excellent because it was so close to the train station, and because Florence is easily walkable.

• 14th May 2014

Definitely the hostel in Florence to recommend. It is more a B

• 11th May 2014

What a fabulous place to stay! I couldn't recommend it enough. The lady owner was so incredibly helpful, when I arrived she offered me cake and coffee and wrote on a map all the best places to go and eat and things to see. I've never experienced hospitality like it, better than any hotel. I really feel like after I left I stayed with friends. Great atmosphere, wifi, it was clean and in a great location. I can't wait to go back to Florence :)

Nadina is one of the sweetest people I've ever met and she made me feel right at home. The place is small so you get to know everyone and it's very cozy. The location is close to the city centre but still out of the way of the busy crowds and very close to the train station. I loved it here and I will for sure stay here again if I'm ever back in Florence!!

This is the most charming hostel I have ever stayed in in my life. The woman who works here could not do enough for me, made me breakfast, pointed out places to go, welcomed me incredibly warmly. There was nothing overbearing or fake about her, but she was genuinely friendly and kind. The hostel itself was well maintained and charming. I loved everything about this place.

A million rave reviews couldn't do justice to My Friends! I stayed with a friend for two nights - it was the best hostel experience I've ever had. Nadina is a flawless host - she gave us our own personalised map of Florence on arrival, gave us excellent restaurant recommendations and suggested places for day trips. We couldn't have had a better time in Florence as a result. When we were leaving, she had a plate of parmesan and two glasses of the amazing house wine for us! Just...amazing!

I got there in a hurry, and was happily surprised. The staff (the owners) is super friendly and dedicated, and you can tell they love their job, Nadina was glad to give all the help she was able to. Towel and a great breakfast is included in the price, as well as the "Tourist tax", so you wont pay an euro more outside the price. The room and bed are comfortable, with your own locker inside. The only cons I see is that the common places and the rooms are a little small, but you will feel at home.

Hands down the best hostel I've stayed in. Nadina is absolutely wonderful and makes the hostel what it is. She instantly made me feel at home and took the time (as she does with every single guest when they arrive) to explain all the must-sees and must-eats of Florence. My time there would not have been nearly as enjoyable without her amazing advice and hospitality.

Very helpful and kind staff, very very close to the real city center

• 6th May 2014

The place was easy to find.. 5mins walk from the train station. The owner was the sweetest thing ever. She even sat down to show us on the map the best places to go to eat for cheap... drink.. best gelato..the must sees of florence. Once we got back she sat down to talk to me and my father. Have us a glass of wine and pretzels. The best were super comfortable and the shower was amazing. I will definitely stay here again if I come back. -crista cruz

• 6th May 2014

'My Friends' was the best thing that happened to us in Florence. I was there to attend a conference: venue was 300m from the hostel. I was welcomed by Nadina who is extremely kind. She does everything possible to make the hostel feel like home. She is assisted by her partner (whose name I never asked!!) who is a very affable person. The whole place is generally neat and our rooms were cleaned when necessary. Breakfast was on-time: it is basic and sufficient, we enjoyed it. I would love to go bac

• 3rd May 2014
  • India

Nadina is the nicest person in the world! She makes your stay feel so homey and serves a lovely breakfast for you whenever you get up. Would definitely recommend just for her :)

I have never felt compelled to write a hostel review before after staying in tons of them, but I finally felt the need to write about this hostel - it is amazing!! The owner makes you feel at home immediately and is never far away when you need her- I had my birthday while I was at the hostel and got a special present from the owner, and then I needed to take an interview and she let me use a private room that was empty that morning to take the call. Stay here, you won't regret it!!

• 3rd May 2014

Staying at My Friends Hostel in Florence has been a great and very nice experience. Since our arrival, Nadina gave us great advices, places to visit, where to eat a snack, gelato in town. Most of all, she is very friendly and passionate about welcoming new travelers at her hostel! The place is really well located, only a few foot steps to get into the Central Market of Florence, few minutes to reach all the touristic areas. We will not hesitate to recommand the hostel to our friends!

I had an excellent stay at My Friends and would absolutely recommend anyone to stay at this hostel when traveling to Florence. The location is great; about a three minute walk to Il Duomo. The owner, Nadina is fantastic. She makes you feel right at home and accommodated me and everyone else as much as she possibly could. The facility is small but that made it very easy to meet other travelers. If I ever come back to Florence, My Friends is where I would stay!

The couple who own the hostel are extremely helpful and friendly. The day lounge is a comfortable environment for meeting other travelers. The owner helped with booking tours, hostels, etc, as well as allowing us to print tickets and give us full access to the kitchen and computer facilities. We were on a first name basis with the owner and other tenants, and I never felt uncomfortable leaving my stuff unattended in the hostel. Breakfast was delicious. Highly recommend.

View all Florence Bed and Breakfasts