My Friends Reviews

Via Faenza 66, Florence, Italy

Best service from any hostel I've ever stayed in. Nadina is a great host and will recommend many great places nearby. Location very convenient, only about a 5 min walk to the train station. There's no bar, but I did get to try some of Nadina's famous home wine. Continental breakfast included. Definitely recommend this place!

The hostel l is set on a picturesque street of bars, cafes and although small, has a more intimate setting and it attracts travellers who aren't too rowdy. Nadine is a hostess beyond compare. She was friendly and welcoming on my arrival and highlighted some of the best attractions in Florence for me on a free map. I was overwhelmed by her generosity and attentiveness and could not recommend this hostel more highly.

Great hostel and perfect location

What stands out is the amazing staff! The couple that runs this hostel (I failed to learned their names and that is my bad) provides loads of important info that will help you during your stay, like the best affordable restaurants and gelaterias. They even told me what I should order, and it was awesome. Also the hostel is located near the train station, only 2 minute walk.

Staying here for 3 nights last week was one of my absolute favourite ever hostel experiences (of 14 years of going to them). Nadina is just brilliant and makes the hostel feel like home, introducing people, offering wine, feeding you breakfast, yet treating you entirely like an independent adult. I've never met so many pleasant people so quickly. There only being two bathrooms is literally the only faintly negative thing. For solo travellers particularly, you can't beat it. Thank you so much!

What a great place. Location is great and Nadine is so amazing! Wealth of knowledge and helps make your stay as comfortable as it can be. She gives great tips for places to eat and drink. I would gladly stay here again

• 14th Apr 2015

The owner, Nadina, is absolutely wonderful! She is so welcoming and fun to chat with. The hostel is quite small, which creates a good feeling of community but also means the bathrooms, common area, and kitchen are quite cramped as well. I didn't find it to be an issue, though it would be nice to have somewhere to put your things in the bathrooms. Everything was very clean and I found my bed and my dorm to be very comfortable.

Brilliant! True to the name, the host treats you like a friend and incredibly hospitable. The beds and rooms are basic (mine was a single roller bed in semi-room/walkthrough to another) and the common area is tiny, but it means nice and cosy. She even cared to stick her head in just as I woke up to take my drink order, so that my own breakfast tray is ready just as I'm. Very helpful with travel info, I too got a glass of wine and unlimited coffee as in other reviews, and decent wifi. Great stay

I really enjoyed my time in Florence, especially because of the friendly and very helpful host in My Friends. The Hostel has a really nice family-atmosphere and it's extremely clean! I definately will go there again.

There is NOTHING to dislike about My Friends! Very easy to get to from the train station. Nadina was extremely kind and helpful, she was very helpful in making sure that I was able to fully enjoy my vacation. She took the time to get to know each guest and gave everyone personalized recommendations, helped us with train schedules, laundry, whatever we needed. She even remembered how I like my tea! I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »