My Friends Reviews

Via Faenza 66, Florence, Italy

I had an excellent stay at My Friends and would absolutely recommend anyone to stay at this hostel when traveling to Florence. The location is great; about a three minute walk to Il Duomo. The owner, Nadina is fantastic. She makes you feel right at home and accommodated me and everyone else as much as she possibly could. The facility is small but that made it very easy to meet other travelers. If I ever come back to Florence, My Friends is where I would stay!

The couple who own the hostel are extremely helpful and friendly. The day lounge is a comfortable environment for meeting other travelers. The owner helped with booking tours, hostels, etc, as well as allowing us to print tickets and give us full access to the kitchen and computer facilities. We were on a first name basis with the owner and other tenants, and I never felt uncomfortable leaving my stuff unattended in the hostel. Breakfast was delicious. Highly recommend.

Simply awesome!:)

Nadina is one of the sweetest persons I have ever met. Not only was she extremely hospitable, but she even made effort to call us by our first names, which shows how much she truly cares about each individual. She made us breakfast every morning and gave us very helpful tips for places to see and eat at in Florence! I recommend everyone traveling to Florence on a budget to check out My Friends! Nadina makes everything worth it! I wish more people followed her example!

• All Male Group, 18-24

Serious if you want to make your stay the best you possibly can you will stay here. The owner is the sweetest girl you will ever meet she will do anything to make your stay better. Great simple breakfast, coffee anytime you need it and right in the middle of everything. Please choose this hostel it will make your trip so much better. Thank you so much for everything you did to make our trip amazing:) -Aaron

• 25th Apr 2014

It was a great place to stay for a short stop over in Florence. We were made very welcome and the breakfast was a nice surprise. The room was basic and clean, but had everything you would need for a comfortable stay. We would definitely return.

• 25th Apr 2014

Great location, close to the train station and walking distance from the major monuments. Nadina was a wonderful host - thanks for the Cinque Terre recommendation, it was amazing! Place was a bit small, but very clean and homey. Expensive but that may have been the season/just Firenze. Well worth the money!

Very very nice and friendly staff who gave advice of where to go in Florence (cos I didn't plan anything before I go :p) Restaurants recommended are very local which are what I wanted !!

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Best hostel I've stayed at! The woman running it is amazing, she showed me places I might like to go on a map on my first day and recommended some excellent food! The atmosphere if the place is really nice, social, but relaxed. Also, breakfast was fantastic

Nadia is an amazing host! The rooms are shared, but clean and comfortable with separate lockers (bring a lock). The free breakfast is delicious as well. Our stay was lovely!

• 19th Apr 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at My Friends hostel. The staff was amazing. They privided tips and restaurant suggestions so I could avoid the touristy places. Location was good, a few munutes walk from the train station and everything within walking distance. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone on a travelling on a budget.

Great place (somehow one will feel at home in an extremely comfortable environment), great location near the main train station, superb hospitality and the best, friendliest hostel owner I'll ever meet, in a heartbeat. :)

• 19th Apr 2014

This was absolutely one of the best hostels I have stayed in and Nadina was simply wonderful! She actually made you feel welcome. It felt like a homey place, which is what I like in a hostel. There is very little to complain about. She tells you where the best spots in Florence are and gives you a map with everything on it. The breakfast is delicious as well. The shower was very nice, but rather small if you're a bigger person. I would definitely come back!

Friendly and helpful hostel staff, great service

I only stayed one night, but I would definitely go back. The woman running the hostel (unfortunately I'm bad with names) is one of the friendliest people I've ever met. The location is perfect and it was so nice to come back to a glass of wine and good conversation in the evening. All the extras (breakfast, towel, hair dryer) paired with the amazing "staff" make this hostel one of the best. Common area is a little small but that wasn't a problem at all.

Stayed here for two nights last week. Great location (very close to Santa Maria Novella train station and less than 10 minutes walk to the Duomo). Nadina was awesome! Very welcoming and made sure you were having a great time! When you get there and check in she sits you down with a map and runs through the best that Florence has to offer. Listen to her food recommendations, they are spot on! Great size hostel for meeting other travelers, as it's not that big. Great experience in a great city!

• 14th Apr 2014

IN LOVE WITH THIS HOSTEL. By far the best one I've stayed at in Europe. Nadina, the owner, is the sweetest woman EVER. While the facilities are small, My Friends feels like home. Great atmosphere and I can't say enough about how much Nadina influenced our stay. She gives excellent city recommendations and the hostel couldn't have a more perfect location. She sent us on our way with a bottle of wine; needless to say, I can't wait to go back!

Nadina makes this place. She's incredibly hospitable and helpful. She's done a great job with the place all things considered. The common area is quite tight so hanging out in the hostel isn't particularly comfortable but that's made up for by the excellent breakfast and friendliness of the host. Definitely a low-key hostal, so if you're looking for some leisure and peace in a hostel this is a good fit for you.

We had a great experience at My Friends in Florence. We had actually forgotten to make a reservation for the firts night and Nadina (the owner) was very helpful and found us a place. She is a lovely person that enjoys her job very much. We are really thankful and look forward to going back to visit!

Nadine is an awesome host, this small hostel is in an apartment on the first floor of the building. Great atmosphere, fast wifi, its important for me since I book as I go. There is a kitchen.. I do not know if it's all the time, but Nadine offered us wine several times, told good placed to visit and to eat. She makes a great atmosphere in her hostle.

View all Florence Bed and Breakfasts