My Hotel Cairo Reviews

13 Merit Basha Street, Cairo, Egypt

My hotel Cairo is very good and nice hotel.It is small but clean and cheat. PATEL DHANJIBHAI

Not much of a hostel vibe. Room cleaned often but felt dirty. Hairs and dirt on the floor etc. Shower doesn't have curtain so bathroom floods each time you shower. Very good location, staff ok. No maps though to help you around. Breakfast super basic (bread, egg, tea).

Good, central location. Lovely staff who looked after me every step of the way - even took me to the train station and made sure I got in to the right carriage and in to my seat. Wifi works well, rooms are clean and air conditioned. Perfect stay in Cairo, thanks!

I stayed at My Hotel Cairo with my boyfriend for our first and last nights in Egypt in Aug 2015. The hostel itself was alright; it felt clean and the location was great. But the staff constantly smoked and one of our bedrooms did not have AC. Also, while the staff here will offer to book your tours across Egypt (Cairo, Giza, Aswan, Luxor), I would not recommend their services. My boyfriend and I had to haggle with them in person and on the phone about our supposed agreement for our entire trip.

• 23rd Aug 2015

The Hostel is located across the street from the Egyptian Museum and Tahrir Square. It is in an old building that looks a bit off putting at first but the actual hostel is on the 4th floor and is clean. The staff is awesome. On our first night the staff bought beer and cake for everyone because it was on backpacker birthday. Very cool! They can also arrange tours with a private driver in a car with A/C, as well as rides to and from the airport. They try to make everything as easy as possible.

The staff at MyHotelCairo feel like friends. They are concerned about you and help you have a great Egyptian vacation. The hostel is a fun place to meet others from various countries and exchange notes and experiences. It is right by the Museum of Egypt and easy walk to the Metro, so the location is great..

It is a fun place where the staff are friendly and the opportunity for meeting people is good. Typically they did not offer us breakfast, but there was coffee. The staff are very helpful in getting you around Cairo. I will stay here again.

Nice location, evry close to egyption musuem. Ehab is a good manegaer who will help you a lot during your vocation in Egypt.

• 5th Jun 2015
  • China

Nice hostel with a nicer staff. Can't beat the location. Only issue is the shower has no shower curtain but that's about it.

Great Hostel, centrally located in Tahir Square. Staff very helpful.

Saeed is such an amazing host!! He booked a pyramid tour for me and a Nile River cruise for me which was amazing and pretty cheap! I had forgotten to exchange money at the airport, but Saeed exchanged money for me right at his place, such a nice guy!! The place was great, breakfast everyday and towels for showers. I had a great experience in Egypt thanks to him, definitely recommend staying here!! :)

I stayed in a single room for 4 nights. Good space with a high ceiling. Shower area is a bit small, water pressure is good, hot water is good. Breakfast always ready before I head out for my day. The location is good. The host is very nice and he can help organize any tour you need. I'd stay here again if I return to Cairo in the future.

• 6th May 2015