My Hotel Cairo Reviews

13 Merit Basha Street, Cairo, Egypt

Good, central location. Lovely staff who looked after me every step of the way - even took me to the train station and made sure I got in to the right carriage and in to my seat. Wifi works well, rooms are clean and air conditioned. Perfect stay in Cairo, thanks!

• 24th Aug 2015

The Hostel is located across the street from the Egyptian Museum and Tahrir Square. It is in an old building that looks a bit off putting at first but the actual hostel is on the 4th floor and is clean. The staff is awesome. On our first night the staff bought beer and cake for everyone because it was on backpacker birthday. Very cool! They can also arrange tours with a private driver in a car with A/C, as well as rides to and from the airport. They try to make everything as easy as possible.

The staff at MyHotelCairo feel like friends. They are concerned about you and help you have a great Egyptian vacation. The hostel is a fun place to meet others from various countries and exchange notes and experiences. It is right by the Museum of Egypt and easy walk to the Metro, so the location is great..

It is a fun place where the staff are friendly and the opportunity for meeting people is good. Typically they did not offer us breakfast, but there was coffee. The staff are very helpful in getting you around Cairo. I will stay here again.

Nice location, evry close to egyption musuem. Ehab is a good manegaer who will help you a lot during your vocation in Egypt.

• 5th Jun 2015
  • China

Nice hostel with a nicer staff. Can't beat the location. Only issue is the shower has no shower curtain but that's about it.

Great Hostel, centrally located in Tahir Square. Staff very helpful.

Saeed is such an amazing host!! He booked a pyramid tour for me and a Nile River cruise for me which was amazing and pretty cheap! I had forgotten to exchange money at the airport, but Saeed exchanged money for me right at his place, such a nice guy!! The place was great, breakfast everyday and towels for showers. I had a great experience in Egypt thanks to him, definitely recommend staying here!! :)

I stayed in a single room for 4 nights. Good space with a high ceiling. Shower area is a bit small, water pressure is good, hot water is good. Breakfast always ready before I head out for my day. The location is good. The host is very nice and he can help organize any tour you need. I'd stay here again if I return to Cairo in the future.

• 6th May 2015

great new hotel. very clean and affordable. Cairo seems always to be expensive for hotels which are of poor standard. This hotel is cheap and clean and of a higher standard. Thank you so much to the staff for all the help

• 19th Feb 2015

I had a very good time in this hostel, the manager and staff are very friendly and helpful. They gave me any information about places to visit and how to get there. The location is excellent...very easy to get anywhere since is located in the city centre of Cairo. It is clean and tidy. Like a lot the atmosphere. I would definitely stay there again. Cheers!!!

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Colombia

Nice hostel , good location just few steps to the Museum , clean bathroom , i highly recommend it !!

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Ukraine

Don't let the small size fool you. This hostel has some of the best service around and is perfect for travelers who want a cheap place to stay without having to sacrifice the necessities. It's location close to Tahrir and the Egyptian museum makes it easy to find and the staff is very accommodating.

• 31st May 2014

The hostel is ideally located just opposite Egyptian Museum.The new owner makes you really welcome.I was happy with my room and bathroom was really clean,the shower was excellent with plenty of water pressure.The breakfast Mostafa supplied was very tasty and filling!!!.I would have no hesitation about staying here again,one of the best around.

• 15th May 2014
  • New Zealand

First things first: this is a cheap place to stay and therefore i shall put this review in context. Firstly you could not wish for a better location to stay in Cairo. it is located in tahir square which is right in the middle of downtown Cairo. The staff are a young crowd which gives the hostel a youthful ambiance. The only criticism I have is the fact that the bed sheets were never changed the whole time I was there (a week). Apart from that it really is excellent value for money :)

• 1st Apr 2013

This hotel is not expensive and hence you should not expect a five star hotel. That being said, it has everything you need on a visit to Cairo. "My Hotel" is at the heart of Cairo, next to the Egyptian museum and not far from Tahrir square and the Nile. The hotel, located in an old 19th century building, has a great character. The hotel staff are really friendly and are always ready to give you advice on Cairo or serve you food/drinks in the lounge and have a nice chat. Fast WiFi available.

• 28th Dec 2012