My My Arthouse Reviews

219/8 Pham Ngu Lao, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Decent place for the money. I just wouldnt stay again.

Really good location, the guy at the reception is cool and helpful, eager for you to have a pleasant stay in Ho Chi Minh in general. The room smelled like smoke and there was an ashtray, which wasn't very nice. For a non smoker it's dreadful that you can actually smoke in the rooms. Would recommend to eat breakfast elsewhere, even though it's cheap enough there, it's not worth it.

We stayed in a twin private, which was probably the smallest room we've had so far on our trip. Also the ensuite has a see through door which offers no privacy when using it. Beds were not too comfortable either. In a great location, with all local sights in walking distance, staff were very friendly although a little unorganised. The cu chi tunnels trip from here is also well worth doing. Stayed at worse places, but for the money we have also stayed at far better places.

We got robbed in this hostel while we were sleeping in our 4 person drom room. Our 2 iphones were under our pillow and when we woke up they were gone. We informed the staff but they didn't do a lot exept blaming the 2 other persons in our room. They didn't help searching and stuff. It only happend with us that night. But now you're warned.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

We had a great time in Saigon, mainly due to this hostel. Met some awesome people in the dorms and its was in a great location so we could see the sites. The guy who works there is a top guy, who came out for a drink with us. Sometimes it does get busy at the reception area, so he gets a little distracted, but if you're patient you get things done! he organised our open bus ticket and mekong delta trip (which we haggled a decent price) Overall, amazing experience!

An excellent place to stay on a budget in Ho Chi Minh City.

If you're staying in the dorms, be prepared for a lot of stairs. We were on the top floor and had to climb 7 or so flights of stairs to get to our room. Pretty knackering. Other than that, this place is pretty decent. The guy who runs it is great and really helpful!

If you're after cheap comfort right in the heart of HCM's backpacker district this is the place. While nothing fancy, fmy room was clean, had aircon, had cable tv and private bathroom. Staff speak excellent English and are very personable, definitely a place I would recommend to the cost conscious traveller who wants a little bit of privacy and a decent sleep while still being a stone's throw from the backpacker party scene.

• 28th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

it was a pleasant stay.. the hostel is not so far from the tourists' spots so we saved a lot of money as we don't need to use the taxi or bus services.. and the staff was friendly.. really enjoyed my time at vietnam.. :)

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

The location was very good, although nothing special. A little difficult to find at first glance because it is located in a back alley. The room was spacious. It was not dirty per se but definitely dingy. Ok for a night or so

MyMy isn’t only a hostel, it is home. You feel secured knowing that Saigon offers you a place where all that you need is within reach: a hostel officer Mr. T who speaks good English, who provides helpful tips like securing our wallets while walking along the streets and where to shop; and the very friendly gesture at all times.

The hostel is in a great location just behind where all night life pub and restaurants are for backpackers straight across from the bus stop down one of the alleys get what your pay for and staff are friendly

The man that runs the hostel is so nice. I left my cell phone on the charger and he brought it to me when I was in a cab on the way to the airport. T was great at planning tours and bus rides. I loved my stay there. The only problem is that it is a bit hard to find. Ask the people in the travel agency where they are located. They are in the alley close to the hair salon.

• 14th Oct 2014

I met my Girlfriend at this hostel when traveling 4 years ago and we were delighted that they were still in business and returned again recently. Its pretty much as good as ever. A great choice for a hostel/dorm bed in the backpacker area of HCMC. The staff are extraordinarily helpful. The rooms are clean and well equipped and the price is fantastic, but there is a bit more damp in some of the rooms than 4 years ago (thats vietnam construction for you). Still, I highly recommend this hostel.

Location was great and staff were very helpful with everything! However, cleanliness was lacking a bit. We stayed in a triple and it was tiny, but the other rooms looked to be a decent size. Toilet, shower and basin were all in one behind a glass door which meant little privacy.

• 15th Aug 2014

It is very close to where the overnight buses drop you off so not far at all to walk. The staff were really helpful and friendly, not too pushy with tours. There are lots of nice places to eat nearby too. Only negative was that we had a lot of stairs to climb to get to our room.

Incredibly rude owner who was very unhelpful. The hostel is off the main road down alleyways which are fine but could be dangerous (we had no issues). Our room had working aircon and the beds were fine but we had an ant infestation that went in our bags! Not ideal! Overall, not a pleasent stay

The location was excellent, right behind the main backpacker street. However the room was not very clean, and the stairway was full of laundry. The staff were a bit disorganized and did all of the book keeping by hand.

this place is spot on for everything you need, location, budget, the staff are ace! also the will help you with all your excursions and trips and also cook a mean breakfast :)

It's very nice hostel, the staff is very nice. when I arrived the rooms was full in MyMy Arthouse (which is a mistake, since I've booked), but then a funny & sweet receptionist, her name is Hanh informed me I can stay in MyMy arthouse 2, which is in the same area. she even gave me a bigger room. The MyMy arthouse 2 is new hostel, everything is nice, very clean & nice rooms. I'll come back for sure.