My My Arthouse Reviews

219/8 Pham Ngu Lao, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Very hard to find. Didn't have our booking. Got in late & we were tired. Didn't have a private room for us & said we have to sleep in a dorm. We had paid for a private room. Rude staff. Not aplogetic at all. Took us to another building down lots of alleys & they hadn't even cleaned it & were kicking another person out so we could have it. This was unacceptable so we got our money back & stayed elsewhere.

The hotel was meh. The didn't want me to go to somme friends room to take a shower before leaving. So I was really angry. It's the little things... As for the rest nothing in the hotel is particularly great, poor english, not so nice people. Find another hotel guys!

• 22nd Jan 2016

Good location, basic but comfortable. Hot showers. The staff were slightly indifferent and felt as though you were in their house. Be prepared to walk up a lot of stairs!

The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The party street is a 5 minute walk away. We had booked this hostel online. When we arrived they took us to the 2nd My My hostel down a series of alleys because they didn't have a room available. It was quite difficult to find your way down these alleys. The staff were friendly but several times we were locked out of our hostel. The front door was usually closed but there wasn't always a staff member around to open the door up.

The rooms could have been a little better, such as less beds to a room, and windows with views over the city, which some rooms lacked. In places it is a little untidy in the corridors and landings making it feel slightly cramped, although this does not detract greatly from the experience.

We arrived with a reservation booked on the 31st of december at 6pm just to be told that the owner had sold our room to other people instead probably who probably just offered him more as everything was full for new years. We did in the end find a room but costing us 4 times as much. Our friend on separate booking did get his bed but he was not pleased by the dirtyness also the lack of elevator to the 6th floor and there being no atmosphere at all provided by the owners.

I didn't manage to stay at My My Arthouse because we faced some issues regarding our rooms. The issues weren't resolved and I decided to leave and look out for another place to stay. I do appreciate the staffs trying to explain to me the situation but what I was really unhappy about is that they should be preparing the room for the next guests and ensure everything is in order.

If you're just looking for a place to sleep and keep your belongings, this hostel is a good location and the room I stayed in in the girl's building was comfortable. There isn't really much of an atmosphere to meet other backpackers staying at the hostel. Sometimes the communication between the two buildings owned by this hostel was poor and I would get locked out of the building, but otherwise I have no large complaints.

I think my favourite was the TV in the private room with "for staff only" written on it. Also the fridge that wasn't plugged in so was a rather dramatic bedside table. Nice hostel though; friendly staff despite trying to overcharge me on leaving. He sorted our onward travel out though and gets the cheapest price. It's hella basic though. Hot showers :)

Excellent location within walking distance of ban than markets, a lot of pubs & restraunts and also ode to war museum and observational tower. Rooms are very spacious with wardrobes, bathrooms and fridges. Always staff about to help with anything. We extended our stay from 2 nights to 6. Very good for short stay.

The best place I stayed in Vietnam. The bed and shower was really nice. We got back late and had trouble getting in though

You get what you pay, but the beds were horrible, making all kind of noises with the slightest movement, the window in my room was broken so I had to change beds cause it was impossible to sleep with the heat. The staffs were pretty nice. There is no locker available, or they are all broken. There is no facility there. I stayed there one night and I wouldn't stay there more than 3nights.

The top floor, is 6 floors up, 100 stairs, no elevator. The room was spacious, lockers are unusable because there are no keys, toilet and shower worked well. The toilet did run out of paper. The little old lady was very friendly and kind, but her English was very limited. Dont wash white/light clothes here, and maybe sleep in a mosquito net or spray insect repellent, I got bitten a lot at night. It was a nice relaxed vibe at this hostel, and they sold cheap water.

Great location.. definitely not for those who want to party

The hostel is located in a great place, with ABC bakery a 2 minute walk away and the main town 5 minutes. The hostel itself could be so much nicer but is let down by the lack of facilities and lack of staff. The toilet in the room had been broken for a number of days before arriving, resulting in using another rooms ensuite while people were staying in the room. The staff speak very little English and only the owner, who isn't there during the day, has access to passports and deposit money.

The hostel was located off of the main road through a n alleyway - it was a family run hostel but felt more like a homestay with out the "homeliness" feeling The room was very basic and in poor condition - tattered walls and bedding which was never changed during our stay, no change of towels or even the facility to pay extra for this, the room was not once cleaned and looked as though it hadnt been for weeks. Poor facilities Would not recommend and would definitely not stay there ever again!

• 21st Sep 2015

Our stay was awesome. Mr. T was very helpful and nice. Nothing to complain about.

The location is good, in a tourist location, but you have to find it to a small alley, need extra attention to the alley's number. It's family owned hostel, but they will openly help all the guest, i book tour to cuchi and ticket to Phnom Penh through the hostel. Because it's family owned, they have curfew around 12 at night. If you're going to come back to the hostel more than the curfew time, there's a bell in the door, and the old guy will open the door for you.

For a cheap central hostel My My Arthouse would of been great. But I have to rate staff as "Very Poor" - solely because of the night porter, (all other staff where friendly & helpful). The night porter was disgustingly sexist. At 5.30am half asleep to get a flight, the porter ranted at me about evil "western women" and how "respectful" women have to be solely for his existence. If you' re going to host women better teach staff to respect them. I'm a guest not a sounding board for your prejudice.

An all round great hostel! The staff were fantastic and friendly and spoke very good english. Loved the location. Would have been good to have breakfast included but lots of cheap breakfast places were very nearby so this is a very minor point.