My My Arthouse Reviews

219/8 Pham Ngu Lao, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

I met my Girlfriend at this hostel when traveling 4 years ago and we were delighted that they were still in business and returned again recently. Its pretty much as good as ever. A great choice for a hostel/dorm bed in the backpacker area of HCMC. The staff are extraordinarily helpful. The rooms are clean and well equipped and the price is fantastic, but there is a bit more damp in some of the rooms than 4 years ago (thats vietnam construction for you). Still, I highly recommend this hostel.

Location was great and staff were very helpful with everything! However, cleanliness was lacking a bit. We stayed in a triple and it was tiny, but the other rooms looked to be a decent size. Toilet, shower and basin were all in one behind a glass door which meant little privacy.

• 15th Aug 2014

It is very close to where the overnight buses drop you off so not far at all to walk. The staff were really helpful and friendly, not too pushy with tours. There are lots of nice places to eat nearby too. Only negative was that we had a lot of stairs to climb to get to our room.

Incredibly rude owner who was very unhelpful. The hostel is off the main road down alleyways which are fine but could be dangerous (we had no issues). Our room had working aircon and the beds were fine but we had an ant infestation that went in our bags! Not ideal! Overall, not a pleasent stay

The location was excellent, right behind the main backpacker street. However the room was not very clean, and the stairway was full of laundry. The staff were a bit disorganized and did all of the book keeping by hand.

this place is spot on for everything you need, location, budget, the staff are ace! also the will help you with all your excursions and trips and also cook a mean breakfast :)

It's very nice hostel, the staff is very nice. when I arrived the rooms was full in MyMy Arthouse (which is a mistake, since I've booked), but then a funny & sweet receptionist, her name is Hanh informed me I can stay in MyMy arthouse 2, which is in the same area. she even gave me a bigger room. The MyMy arthouse 2 is new hostel, everything is nice, very clean & nice rooms. I'll come back for sure.

For the money, it was ok, but still a below-average experience with lots of room for easy improvement. There are many ways to improve the experience cheaply. The bathroom sink (room 604): plumbing is a plastic tube that falls off & it spills onto your feet. Just fix it! Deep clean the bathroom every now & then. Find a more organized way to check people in & out & order breakfast. It takes way too long. Keep stairs and hallways clear/clean of laundry and boxes. Staff is dismissive.

My my art house had decent rooms and it was in a very convenient location- in the middle of the tourist district. They are pretty disorganized though- when we got there they didn't have the room that we had reserved, and we had to wait almost two hours before we were able to get into a room and then we had to switch the following night. It seemed like they make a lot of reservation errors as I overheard many other customers having similar conversations. But its cheap and convenient and clean!

Cheap. Excellent location. Decent hostel.

Best thing about this place was the young man on staff. He was by the most helpful person in Vietnam, like a trip planning tour guide! We arrived in Vietnam with nearly no plans, itinerary, or anything and he helped us plan 12 days of stuff, what to do, cities to see, cost, timeframe, night bus planning, what's worth it, he spoke great English. He was absolutely incredible. Rooms were ok. Location was ok. Not much atmosphere, but would still stay there simply for great staff! Thank for the help!

The manager was nice enough, but the rest of the staff and the room was way below expectations. Definitely not worth the money, there was much better options for a better price.

Great stay here. Kim made it even better though and was very helpful and welcoming. Would recommend!

Loved staying at My My Arthouse. Helpful staff, cheap convenient tour of Cu Chi tunnels ($4), a better room than I expected!

It's an ok place to stay, rooms are decent enough and its in a good location in centre of Pham Ngu Lao backpacker area.Mr Kim was really helpful with our onward travel plans.

There aren't any communal areas or lockers in the dorms (you can leave valuables at the front, but it's always nicer to have a locker) which are My My's only downfalls, but staff are super helpful and friendly!

It's a well hidden away hostel so you have to follow their directions from the hostelworld confirmation email to find them. But that seclusion makes it a nice and quite place for sleep. One of the disadvantages of many hostels on that area is the absence of windows in rooms because the buildings are stacked wall to wall in narrow alleys. So our room had no windows and ( that's another minus) it had a one single cockroach co-habiting with us in the bathroom... The staff is very helpful otherwise.