My My Arthouse Reviews

219/8 Pham Ngu Lao, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

A suprisingly good place, considering the price. The staff was really nice and the location was great, although a little hard to find the first time.

The hostel was clean, big and the rooms were perfect for what we wanted. The gentlemen that ran the hostel couldn't have been more helpful and due to him our time in HCMC was great, we saw everything we wanted and got around the city with ease, recommended!!!!

Fine place to stay, staff really helpful and let us have a shower even after we had checked out and sorted us a cheaper transfer to the airport than tourists usually get.

• 26th Mar 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

I enjoyed staying there. The room was clean. I bought a bus ticket to Cambodia for the right price. Breakfast is not included but is cheap. It is a good place to stay. close to everything.

We stayed two nights at My My and that was enough, upsides -- the six storey walk up meant we stayed out all day long, the lack of included breakfast meant we started our days earlier. We didn't like -climbing six stories in bare feet and leaving our shoes in the entryway -the owner joking about ripping off my visa (after reading reviews of theft) -power outages while showering (scary!) However, this is really cheap accommodation, so you can splurge on the rest of HCMC.

You must built a lift,, for make yoyr guest more comfortable and easy though they get room in 5th floor

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • Indonesia

Very helpful staff, clean room stayed in private with en suite. Did everything they could to make stay pleasant When I arived I wondered where I was going, down a narrow alleyway, but it was fine and well lit at night no problems

Reception from the staff was half and half - one of the guys was especially nice and knew my name for my entire stay! No free breakfast which is unusual for Vietnam and extortionate price at $7! The 4 bed room was nice and mainly clean but it was above the kitchen and whatever was cooking would overwhelm the room and made it very noisy - not good when youre feeling unwell!

• 9th Feb 2014

Beds were very clean and comfortable, nice sturdy safebox, good aircon and water pressure. The shower head was broken so I had to hold it to use it and the bathroom floor didnt drain and stayed wet. Some confusion with my booking led me to being put in My My 2 (down the road) which had no common room, facilities or even very good internet. My tour wasn't booked correctly so I had to pay a few dollars extra direct to the travel agent and explain I wanted to go to the tunnels AND the pagoda.

The staff that were working there at the time barely spoke any English. Trying to pay was a hassle because they had trouble finding my name and trying to figure out how much I owed them. The building was in a back alley and felt a little dodgy.

Staff was very helpful with booking and organising things but a little disorganised as they didn't provide receipts and didn't initially remember things we had booked.

Excellent location and a good size room. However the bed sheets were really dirty so didn't extend our stay. Plenty of hotels at the same price which suited us better.

Location is excellent, but staff is terrible.

If you stay in the dorm you'll be climbing lots of stairs. Great breakfast. Great location. Helpful staff.

Nice hostel in the middle of district one. But not next to a street so there is no no ice of scooters. De beds are fine, the shower is Ok. Sometimes cold water. But the staff is really nice and helpful!

Stayed in a 4 beds dorm. The room is small. The bathroom door is obscure glass door. It will be bright and noise if someone go the toilet at night. May be able to see the shape of person when she take a show. If you are only one in the room to take a shower, then it is ok. It does not bother me because I am a male. Room has air condition. floor are clean. Donot expense friendly service.

The staff were really friendly and helpful and it felt like home straight away.

• 25th Nov 2013

location is very good. but the dorm I stayed was 6th floor. To step up and down bothered me.

• 19th Nov 2013
  • Japan

My first stay in a hostel in Vietnam. The room was very basic. No window and small, but it was clean and very central. It did the job.

I've booked for 1 single room. Once in the hostel they send me to a"MYMY2" in the middle of a narrow and dark street. So then there was no single room available, but a bed dorm for me alone for the same price. I dropped my stuff in the room, laptop, passport, money, camera on my bed. Once back in my room around midnight, I found 2 guys sleeping in my room! When I asked the owner, he told me that I have to share my room with these guys! This is my worst experience in 3 years traveling! AVOID!!!