My My Arthouse Reviews

219/8 Pham Ngu Lao, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

For the money, it was ok, but still a below-average experience with lots of room for easy improvement. There are many ways to improve the experience cheaply. The bathroom sink (room 604): plumbing is a plastic tube that falls off & it spills onto your feet. Just fix it! Deep clean the bathroom every now & then. Find a more organized way to check people in & out & order breakfast. It takes way too long. Keep stairs and hallways clear/clean of laundry and boxes. Staff is dismissive.

My my art house had decent rooms and it was in a very convenient location- in the middle of the tourist district. They are pretty disorganized though- when we got there they didn't have the room that we had reserved, and we had to wait almost two hours before we were able to get into a room and then we had to switch the following night. It seemed like they make a lot of reservation errors as I overheard many other customers having similar conversations. But its cheap and convenient and clean!

Cheap. Excellent location. Decent hostel.

The manager was nice enough, but the rest of the staff and the room was way below expectations. Definitely not worth the money, there was much better options for a better price.

Loved staying at My My Arthouse. Helpful staff, cheap convenient tour of Cu Chi tunnels ($4), a better room than I expected!

It's an ok place to stay, rooms are decent enough and its in a good location in centre of Pham Ngu Lao backpacker area.Mr Kim was really helpful with our onward travel plans.

There aren't any communal areas or lockers in the dorms (you can leave valuables at the front, but it's always nicer to have a locker) which are My My's only downfalls, but staff are super helpful and friendly!

It's a well hidden away hostel so you have to follow their directions from the hostelworld confirmation email to find them. But that seclusion makes it a nice and quite place for sleep. One of the disadvantages of many hostels on that area is the absence of windows in rooms because the buildings are stacked wall to wall in narrow alleys. So our room had no windows and ( that's another minus) it had a one single cockroach co-habiting with us in the bathroom... The staff is very helpful otherwise.

Great place to stay, full of character. Only thing that let's it down is security, there are lockers but not really in use.

Most important air conditioning was good,and nothing disturbed sleeping

A suprisingly good place, considering the price. The staff was really nice and the location was great, although a little hard to find the first time.

The hostel was clean, big and the rooms were perfect for what we wanted. The gentlemen that ran the hostel couldn't have been more helpful and due to him our time in HCMC was great, we saw everything we wanted and got around the city with ease, recommended!!!!

Fine place to stay, staff really helpful and let us have a shower even after we had checked out and sorted us a cheaper transfer to the airport than tourists usually get.

• 26th Mar 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

I enjoyed staying there. The room was clean. I bought a bus ticket to Cambodia for the right price. Breakfast is not included but is cheap. It is a good place to stay. close to everything.

We stayed two nights at My My and that was enough, upsides -- the six storey walk up meant we stayed out all day long, the lack of included breakfast meant we started our days earlier. We didn't like -climbing six stories in bare feet and leaving our shoes in the entryway -the owner joking about ripping off my visa (after reading reviews of theft) -power outages while showering (scary!) However, this is really cheap accommodation, so you can splurge on the rest of HCMC.

You must built a lift,, for make yoyr guest more comfortable and easy though they get room in 5th floor

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • Indonesia

Very helpful staff, clean room stayed in private with en suite. Did everything they could to make stay pleasant When I arived I wondered where I was going, down a narrow alleyway, but it was fine and well lit at night no problems

Reception from the staff was half and half - one of the guys was especially nice and knew my name for my entire stay! No free breakfast which is unusual for Vietnam and extortionate price at $7! The 4 bed room was nice and mainly clean but it was above the kitchen and whatever was cooking would overwhelm the room and made it very noisy - not good when youre feeling unwell!

• 9th Feb 2014