My My Arthouse Reviews

219/8 Pham Ngu Lao, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

We had a very pleasant stay at mymy arthouse! The rooms aren't anything special but clean and with a sufficient bathroom. The staff was gorgeous! They helped us booking the cheapest tours and gave us insider tips for Saigon. We would go there again at any time!

• 6th Mar 2015

Great stay, we stayed a three extra nights, perfect central location.

Stayed here for 2 nights with my boyfriend in a standard double bed. Small but what we needed bed, bathroom, ac and wifi. Very friendly staff they helped us book the Mekong excursion and our bus to Mui ne for a good price. It's quite hard to find as its down an ally way but once you are there it's very convenient as its straight across from the Central Park and next to the main strip of the street.

It's not kind of 'luxury hotel', but for those price it can't be. The Staff is really helpful. If you need to find a place (even to repair your backpack) or to book a tour - they're priceless. Very good value for money.

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Poland

Pretty central hostel but dorms are in a sixth floor and have no lift so, not ideal really :) They also charged me 5USD deposit for the key and when I checked out I had to wait 20 mins for them to give it back to me. The lockers are all broken so there's no safe place to leave your valuables. I found a private room in the same area for almost the same price.

Upon arrival we were brought to some other place, that wasn't even called my my art house but some other home stay and we were just let there on our own with not reception, no help with booking any tours. Probably they were fully booked so dropped us somewhere else. A scam nothing else. The place was waaaay cheaper that the initial stay so we got scamed basically. Staff was rude and didn't give a damn about anything.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Poland

Okay place. You get what you pay for. Owner is nice!

Bathrooms need serious up cleaning. Climbing up the stairs to the 4th floor was also inconvenient.

Overall, it's ok. U get what u pay.I stayed there for 3nights,no hot water for 2 days. The hostel charged more on water and beer. The staff said the price list on the fridge was useless.felt was scammed.

Perfect place to stay in Saigon. Great location. Cheap mekong delta tours (homestay recommended) and great Mr. T at the reception.

Super nice. The hotel is well located in the tourist area in a small side street without traffic and its noisiness. Thanks to the guy at the reception desk for being super friendly and helpful all the time. First hotel for me in Vietnam with very fast wifi (even inside the own room).

When I booked a private room I did not expect to have a room with lower than normal ceilings (duck!) and a bathroom that was not cleaned prior to my arrival. In addition, the room I was in seemed to be sort of a storage room or spare room for the owners to store old furniture and other personal items. There was no closet space because it was full of other junk and one look under the bed and I could definitely tell this was a place that things that were no longer needed went to rest in peace.

No common area to hang out, no atmosphere. If you're a travelling couple, the double private room is POOR, I've stayed in 3 star hotels in Pham Ngu Lao for less, they're MUCH cleaner and better equipped hotels. If you're travelling solo, its difficult to meet other traveler in this hostel. Stay here if you want a cheap dorm and don't expect anymore. Here is my experience, my room was doubled booked. Staff was unapologetic and then referred me to the terms and conditions of Hostelworld.

We called and emailed them to notify them we would be two days late for our reservation. They confirmed this would be no problem. When we showed up, they had given our room away and they had us stay at a different hostel one night then move back to their location on the last day. They acted like they were doing us a favor by forcing us to spend time during our only day in Saigon moving between hostels. The actual hostel is really not great. Peeling paint, low ceilings, thin blankets, etc

• 31st Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Checked in for a private room and was taken to a room which smelt like wet dog and the ceiling was about 5ft 3inches high (1.60m). After, I was transferred to the my my 2 hostel which was better. Still had to take a walk back to the original to check out. No atmosphere and the staff was non existent. I would never choose to stay at this hostel again. There's so many better options in the area.

As expected, this hostel was nothing special, just a place to sleep in a good location. The room wasn't very clean, but the bed was fine and it wasn't too noisy. There was one thing that really pissed me off though, it's that the toilet in our room wouldn't stay opened. The seat was too small and just fell back down when you opened it. it was kind of gross to have to sit on the toilet with the seat leaning against your back. So dumb and so easy to fix, why don't they fix it?

nice, cosy place and helpful staff. Strongly recommend.

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Belgium

It is located in a small street close to the busy area but very quiet. When we got there, T, the owner, told us that the main building was full so he brought us to their second building, which is a 5 min. walk away. We stayed in a four bed room just for us and it was really quiet, just a little small. It had AC and a fan, it was clean and we slept well, which was our basic and only goal, nothing fancy. T was very helpful, booked a taxi, let us shower the next day, gave us breakfast late. Super!

Great hostel, stayed there for one night in a private room, worth every penny! private bathroom, own TV & Fully stocked Fridge too!

Decent place for the money. I just wouldnt stay again.