My Place Dublin Reviews

89-90 Lower Gardiner St, Dublin, Ireland

There was confusion about the price, which was quickly fixed once I mentioned it and showed my receipt. Otherwise, it was good overall.

The 20-bed dorm needs some ventilation, it is almost like a stale sauna when walking into the room.

Unfortunately the dorm was a little cramped. Very few to no space to leave your personal stuff like backpack etc. No free private lockers in the dorm

Very good one, I'm familiar with hostels in Dublin and this is one I would recommend you ... although going forward the prices doesn't look as good as for this stay of mine!

Good bang for your buck. The look of everything was better than other hostels I've seen, but it wasn't as organized. Was assigned a bed, then told I had to change beds, though the bed the staff said I had to move to was occupied--some staff lived in one of the dorms and they were very noisy, keeping lights on for a half hour moving in and out, talking while we were trying to sleep. Also talked with a disabled staff member who said she was given no accommodation for her disability.

Stay there is a good place for the money

Excellent location, great staff. I had a great time and will definitely be back.

Hostel staff were attentive as I was doing a solo trip. One even took the extra effort of offering me the female dorm although I have booked the mixed dorm. They have stringent rules of which patrons have to abide by, and it's great because there was peace and quiet, no misbehaved drunkards. The air-conditioning was an added bonus, room floor was smooth. Just that the dorm doesn't offer many powerpoints for battery-recharging, although there are plenty of outlets in the common room and elsewhere

A good, welcoming hostel in the heart of Dublin. Literally a 2-3 min walk to the needle statue. It's so conveniently located for the 747 bus from the airport too. Get off and Gardiner St and it's across the road, 10 seconds from the bus stop. I was in the 20 bed dorm for a cheap, one-night stay and I feel it was quite secure. I was woke up at 4am by some obnoxious, drunken lads who refused to be quiet but that's just bad luck/timing rather than anything the hostel could do. Would recommend.

I stayed in a 20 bed room and it doesnt have the proper ventilation (no windows!! :S ) the room was smelling bad. There was a problem with my reservation but the staff was always nice and offering solutions! I liked that :). The showers are strange, you dont have a place to put your clothes while you are showering and also cant measure hot and cold water..

Ok to stay for one night, didn't use showers but the 18 bed dorm had three ensuite toilets. WiFi was awfully slow, go to Starbucks in stead.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Great value for money

The location was the best. Close to temple bar, stores, cathedrals. The staff was really friendly and helpful specially when a guest ate food with my name on it they replaced it and tried to see who it was.

Great value for money, had seen reviews regarding the cleanliness, at shower time smelt of bleach and perfectly clean. Only real issue would be the smell of stale sweat in the dorm which seeped into our clothing however the price counteracted the negatives.

• 10th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Good location and low prices for an average clean standard hostel

The place is like a jail. room with no window. I said no window. Staff really rude. the two of them. I was lucky, i dealed only with two.

Nice place with good security. No free breakfast, but the spread for 5 euro was decent. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The showers can get really hot!

We enjoyed staying at this hostel. It is on a quiet street really close to the central city. There is a laundromat nearby, supermarkets, and one of the main streets which you can follow to get to the centre. It is all close together and can be explored on foot easily! The hostel is spacious with large kitchen and rooms.

Only there for 1 night but My Place was everything (if not more) than you would expect for the price in a City Centre

• 12th Jun 2015