My Place Dublin Reviews

89-90 Lower Gardiner St, Dublin, Ireland

There was confusion about the price, which was quickly fixed once I mentioned it and showed my receipt. Otherwise, it was good overall.

The 20-bed dorm needs some ventilation, it is almost like a stale sauna when walking into the room.

Unfortunately the dorm was a little cramped. Very few to no space to leave your personal stuff like backpack etc. No free private lockers in the dorm

Very good one, I'm familiar with hostels in Dublin and this is one I would recommend you ... although going forward the prices doesn't look as good as for this stay of mine!

Good bang for your buck. The look of everything was better than other hostels I've seen, but it wasn't as organized. Was assigned a bed, then told I had to change beds, though the bed the staff said I had to move to was occupied--some staff lived in one of the dorms and they were very noisy, keeping lights on for a half hour moving in and out, talking while we were trying to sleep. Also talked with a disabled staff member who said she was given no accommodation for her disability.

Stay there is a good place for the money

Excellent location, great staff. I had a great time and will definitely be back.

Hostel staff were attentive as I was doing a solo trip. One even took the extra effort of offering me the female dorm although I have booked the mixed dorm. They have stringent rules of which patrons have to abide by, and it's great because there was peace and quiet, no misbehaved drunkards. The air-conditioning was an added bonus, room floor was smooth. Just that the dorm doesn't offer many powerpoints for battery-recharging, although there are plenty of outlets in the common room and elsewhere