MyHotel Reviews

Calle 25 de Mayo 311, Santa Cruz, El Calafate, Argentina

Lockers are small, outside dorm, useless even for a 5L BP. The bathroom curtain had stains (also walls), there was a roach inside the toilet paper, no soap, (dorm x 6), bed was ok, breakfast ISN'T continental, bread coffee milk and cereal, no fruits, yogurt or eggs, nothing. Not even 1 fork in the kitchen, horrible. Staff is the worst, guy from the evening overcharged me (debit card) and when I asked, he confronted me saying ENOUGH, I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS. Switched after the 2 paid days.

Breakfast was good-cereals, toast, coffee

good breakfast, good location, 4 streets from the main road. wifi avilable just in reception. there was one computer but he didn't work all our stay.

They over charged me by 60 pesos because they have their own exchange rate, regardless of what Hostelworld.com says you owe. It took me 2-days to get my money refunded & then the staff gave me dirty looks for the rest of my stay. After talking with others, they all realized they had also been over charged…some as much as $20 USD. The kitchen had no silverware, cups, plates, knives, or anything else to help with the cooking or eating of food. It looks good on the outside but left me wanting.

Good clean backpackers. Good wifi outside of the rooms. Wifi not available in the share kitchen which was a shame. Also cutlery very limited in the kitchen Potential to be better with a few small additions such as lockers in the rooms with power points inside ( eight bed dorm only had three power sockets one of which didn't work). Computers downstairs didn't work either. Nice atmosphere and very friendly staff. Not a bad option for el calafate if the better backpackers are booked out.

• 21st Jan 2014
  • New Zealand

We only stayed here overnight due to a change over in buses. We stayed in calafate before in a different hostel which I preferred. This hostel is very big but it seemed nice and clean. We were in a 12 bed dorm. The dorm was nice, so were the bathrooms which were in the dorms. Each bed it's own light which was good and the bunks were enough off the ground to store your bags under which we find extremely useful. Breakfast was standard.

The kitchenware is poor. The breakfast is good.

the best hostel in the world! it is located near the main avenue of Calafate, the staff are gentle and ready to help you for anything. Dormitories are clean and comfortable. It's is possible to know people from all around the world! Amazing experience!

Great hostel, excellent location. It is a clean, and comfortable. We went in december and was very quiet, not fun place, but very good facilities.

• 25th Dec 2013
  • Uruguay

Nice enough hostel but lacked any atmosphere and they'd a serious fly problem, there was one morning where we killed almost 30 in our room. Breakfast is nice though and the staff are courteous. Bunk beds are bit narrow and in need of tightening. Overall not a bad hostel.

Very close to the downtown. The staff was very helpful. I booked all the tours and bus tickets here. The room was big and warm (even hot!) and the shower was very good too. The only thing that could be improved is the kitchen. There aren´t enough cooking untensils. No cups or glasses nor cutting board. All dishes are plastic and people use them as cutting board. So they got quiet pathetic. It has many rooms and nice living room. I liked it all except kitchen :)

No equipment in the too small and dirty kitchen, no place for everybody ti eat. Overcrowded dormitory. Fotunately the breakfast is very nice !

good breakfast compare to other hostel in Argentina

Great location, great breakfast, really really helpful staff, great set up with nice common area. Fast wifi. Definitely recommend.

I loved it that we could book everything for our tour at the hostel. The hostel also looks really great, clean, new and it´s nice warm inside! Breakfast was great, I loved the fact, they had brown bread. What I didn´t liked, was that the TV was standing in the diner area, where music is always playing, so you couldn´t really sit and relax in front of the TV. Also the kitchen can need some new stuff. There was only one knife for example. If they improve that, it would be an excellent stay!

View all El Calafate Bed and Breakfasts