Mystic House Hostal Reviews

Calle de la Media Luna ·#10C - 36, Getsemani, Cartagena, Colombia

Loved the staff, they were exceptionally helpful. The constant locking and unlocking of the doors was a little frustrating at times, and the fact ths kitchen was 'staff only' was a bit off. Cartagena isn't ths cheapest place, so full access to a kitchen is definitely needed. But like i said, the staff working were top notch.

Offer info on bar crawls and walking tours! it's always appreciated to see what's available to do in the city

Very friendly staff. A little nice and good vibe hostel. We can absolutely recommend it.

Stayed at mystic hostel for 3 nights. The staff was amazing, spoke good english and were more than happy to help in any way possible. The only aweful part was the mix dorm rooms we stayed in had no lockers (although staff had a locked room for valuables) and there was no AC or fresh air. it was a sauna with fans blowing hot air around. Overall nice hostel but without ac i would not stay again.

Hostel was perfect.

• 30th Dec 2015

Muy buen hostel tuvimos problemas con la reserva inicial pero se soluciono todo con buena predisposición del staff ! Muchas gracias! Saludos desde Argentina

Quite a nice hostel but a few things let it down. Pros: great location, nice staff and good wifi. Cons: No air con in the 10 bed dorm and the temperature was unbearable and smelled pretty unpleasant. The hostel felt safe but there are no lockers. No real atmosphere in the hostel if you're looking for something sociable.

Great if you want to go out but want a quiet place to sleep. Not a huge atmosphere in the hostel, but that's perfects as there are plenty of bars 1 min away. Lovely staff, super clean, and secure!

• 4th Dec 2015

Super location if you want to party!

This hostel was only rated 70 something, compared to a lot of other hostels in Cartagena which were higher. Origanally we stayed somewhere else because of this but we're really happy with mystic house when we moved. Cheap for a 4 bed dorm (we are a 3 and had it to ourselves), friendly owners, on the main party street and high security. Atmosphere was a bit dead, not sure if that was cause of the time of year or because it hasn't got great views but I would definately recommend.

• 14th Nov 2015

If wasn't for the quietness in the room I would say that this was the worst hostel that I stayed, the staff was horrible, besides the guy that I think it's the owner who was really sweet since I arrived the woman in reception didint show me anything my room the hostel didint explain nothing just received my money. The hostel doesn't have lockers. The location is bad the 10 people dorm have maybe 4 horrible fans it's a hell so hot, with this money u can find much better hostels.

Excellent hostel, very friendly staff, great location and would definitely stay here again!

Shower head was broken and my boyfriend complained about the pillows.. but all in all great value for money LOVED the aircon!

Its a nice hostel at a good location in the beginning of media luna street. So its close to the main rumba but quiet enought. We were a huge group so staff had a lot to do, but they handled us expertely, thanks! its definitely the place to go to if you' re looking for a peaceful hostel in the middle of the backpacker mekka! only downside, the fans on the ceiling in the 10 bed dorm are not very strong, so its really hot in the room. It has two bathrooms next to the room though, so a cold shower f

This is a very basic place in a good location. The AC works well, which is great. The staff was OK and the place felt pretty dirty. There are a lot of mosquitos in the bathroom, so be careful. But good value and close to the heart of Getsemani.

It was ok ... To quiet no atmosphere as its a small hostel it was like staying in someone's house... The traffic at the front was noisy but not there fault,...also couldn't provide a map which wasn't helpful ... The beds are really comfy tho and air con which is needed in hot cartagena

My 10 minutes here were awful and the lady at the front desk knows that and doesn't care. I left my bags here to walk around to find a different hostel where I couds go right to sleep and I rang the bell to get let back into mystic to get my bag. The lady took 10 minutes to open the gate which was locked with a lock you use for lock re and then LOCKED ME IN THE BUILDING & demanded I pay my first nights fee if I reserved. She locked me in. If that's the policy she could have just charged my card