Mystic House Hostal Reviews

Calle de la Media Luna ·#10C - 36, Getsemani, Cartagena, Colombia

booked 2 hostels online for 2nd & 3rd night in Cartagena because hostals I new about were fully booked. Still needed a hostel for that first night in Cartagena and found one after a suggestion from a charming lady street vendor. The suggestion from the lady was the best and once I booked in I immediately wanted to cancel the other hostels having booked them within the hour. I was told that would cost a nights stay and so really had no choice but to leave the first much nicer hostal.

Very nice place, great double room with aircon, clean and rather quiet for the area. The balcony is great to hang out and relax, staff was very friendly and helpful!

Big clean room with balcony, however no kitchen or real communal area which meant no atmosphere. Overall a good one night stop.

Sadly there is too much competition in Cartagena for the staff here to be so bad!! One girl was blatently rude to us purely because we didnt speak perfect Spanish, and the other girl is about 14 years old. Shabby place with no atmosphere and I would recommend people choose elsewhere to stay.

Everything about the hostel is great, except the sleazy staff. A friend cancelled last minute so we had an extra bed in our room. I called two days before to cancel but they said I have to cancel through hostalworld. Turns out that was a lie and they can cancel through their system. Not a fan of how they took advantage of the situation. Nice hostal, but I had bad experiences with the people. And really unhelpful staff. Wouldn´t accomadate any requests we made. Stuck up

There is a kitchen but it's for staff only, we are not allowed to use it. Any other friends of yours that do not stay at the hostel are not allowed to visit. Clean, quiet, great staff. On same street as any other hostels and the parties. Staff is very friendly You pay for your stay in advance. And if you decide to leave earlier than expected you still have to pay. They accept credit card

if u want to have fun and party ask for Oscar! amazing venezuelan! clean bathrooms and good staff from Punto Fijo

Mystic House was nice for a one night stay. I was in an AC room which was ideal. The least ideal part of the hostel was the fact that there was only one public bathroom. This made it difficult to do anything like shower, brush your teeth, get your day started. Also, there is a kitchen in the hostel that is only available to the staff so forget about trying to cook anything for yourself. Other than that no complaints. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

I loved this Hostel! The staff is great! (thank you so much Cristina, Cyndy, Cristian, and Oscar) and the atmosphere is very chill. It is a very relaxed place where you feel at home and get to see the beautiful Cartagena

Very nice staff and a nice clean hostal. the atmosphere wasn't very good when i was there but this could have to do with the low season at the time

Great hostel in a good location. Staff very friendly and helpful. Nice rooms.