Mystic House Hostal Reviews

Calle de la Media Luna ·#10C - 36, Getsemani, Cartagena, Colombia

The overall experience was wonderful. The one bed private suite was clean and spacious. I was relieved to find the laundry service was able to wash and dry our clothes within one day. The service was a little pricey, but at the end of a five-day trek to the Lost City I wanted to get the funky smell out of our backpacks right away. Great location and cool atmosphere.

• 19th Jul 2015

The staff here are nice and the ones during the day speak English well. I would avoid a room by the street because it is kind of loud. And sometimes there are cats that like to fight on the roof so that can be annoying. It has a common area but there wasn't much of a communal feeling. It was safe. The air conditioning worked well which is important.

I was impressed with the dorm room. It was clean, with its own bathroom and fabulous powerstrips. We booked the wrong night on accident as we were arriving in the middle of the night. They were able to accomadate us but they ended up charging us for both nights without telling us.

• 24th Apr 2015

I picked this hostel as it was the cheapest online, but it is by far my favourite hostel in Cartagena. Great location, good facilities and lovely helpful staff.

No atmosphere but clean and comfy enough

It was a nice hostel in a good location near lots of other hostels, bars and cheap restaurants. The staff were nice and the upstairs was a good place to chill. It didn't have a kitchen for communal use, only a little restaurant.

I was really Ill when I arrived here and just needed a chilled place to sleep for 3 nights, the beds are really comfy, everywhere is really clean and the aircon works really well. There's not really an atmosphere which was good for me at the time but it's not somewhere id want to stay for too long if I was on top form!

Amazing place with good ambient and very amable staff with perfect location and a very comfie and spacious living room. The staff would be always available to help with informations and to respond to guests demandings. Really recomend this place with the good vibration of venezuelan people!

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Portugal

We arrived and checked in at the hostel, but very soon after we met a friend who could host us in stead of living in the hostel. we went back as soon as possible to cancel the reservation, knowing we would loose the deposit but that was part of the deal. When we came back the girl in the reception was not very helpful, and we ended up loosing a lot of money. not very flexible in my opinion, and to me flexibilty is important since plans change all the time travelling.

• 29th Mar 2015
  • Denmark

booked 2 hostels online for 2nd & 3rd night in Cartagena because hostals I new about were fully booked. Still needed a hostel for that first night in Cartagena and found one after a suggestion from a charming lady street vendor. The suggestion from the lady was the best and once I booked in I immediately wanted to cancel the other hostels having booked them within the hour. I was told that would cost a nights stay and so really had no choice but to leave the first much nicer hostal.

Very nice place, great double room with aircon, clean and rather quiet for the area. The balcony is great to hang out and relax, staff was very friendly and helpful!

Big clean room with balcony, however no kitchen or real communal area which meant no atmosphere. Overall a good one night stop.