Mystic House Hostal Reviews

Calle de la Media Luna ·#10C - 36, Getsemani, Cartagena, Colombia

The Hostel was very comfortable, especially with the air conditioner in the sleeping room even though we had no window. But the kitchen, allowed to be used by everyone, has been missing.

Staff were exceptionally accommodating

• 8th Mar 2014

I was extremely pleased by almost everything at Mystic House Hostel. Security was perfect, with a locked gate opened up only for people passing in or out, and then relocked - with an open grill of railing bars to speak through to the staffer sitting at the desk a few feet inside the office for all twenty-four hours a day every day. Only complaint: the printed policy of not allowing noise-making in common areas after 11:00pm was not enforced on at least two nights, with much noise at 1am-4am.

There is a kitchen, but you are not allowed to use it, no mirrors in the bathroom, one toilet door was broken but noone fixed it, they didnt have change as i paid and said they will give it to me later, i had to ask for it again because they forgot!

They would not allow us to use the kitchen.

It is a good Place to stay in Cartagena, but that they have a kitchen but you're not allowed to use it is just ridiculous.

Bathrooms were dirty with only one mirror in one bathroom upstairs and no toilet paper in any except early in the morning. My dorm room was extremely hot and uncomfortable with limited fans. Limited outlets to charge electronics as well, even with one surge strip. Located at the end of the main strip so location was decent and a bit quieter. I rented a towl here and returned it dirty, and the owner tried to charge me $17 bc I returned it dirty. A rediculous price and very aggressive owner.

Check in no earlier than 14 (which is absurd and non-existent for a hostel).I sent an e-mail 24 hours before and got no answer and when I got there they camped excuses and denied me this soluzione.I'm gone away agreeing to pay the penalty and they charged the penalty for all-day power reserve,despite Hostelworld gives 24 hours time to delete free. Meanwhile,another guest received the denial of availability that had previously guaranteed.Worst place! And I have written many positive reviews!

Nice hostel. Cool balcony. Nice and quiet for sleeping!

Both Owners are wonderful people, and know Cartagena better than most locals! Had an amazing time at the hostel

• 19th Dec 2013
  • Colombia

The ambiance was very relaxed, and everyone was very helpful. The location was within walking distance of everything I wanted to see.

Great place to stay with excellent facilities and great staff.

I enjoyed every minute of my stay in this great hostel! The staff is wonderful and the owner is really really great!!!!!! The place is super clean, it's secure and during the really hot moments during the day you can relax in the nice common area!!! Really would go there again!!! Thanks a lot for welcoming me in Cartagena!! :)

Very friendly and helpful staff. Nice atmosphere, great location, not too busy.

• 23rd Oct 2013

Had an excellent time here. The staff is very knowledgeable about the surrounding areas and will help make arrangements for many of the activities. The rooms are clean, quiet and devoid of light. Very nice balcony overlooking the road. Would definitely stay in this hostel again if I travel to Cartagena.

Nice hostel with a good price. Not the best one if you want to make new friends, but the staff is very helpfull. The location seems to be not safe but I'm sure you'll like it.