Mystic House Hostal Reviews

Calle de la Media Luna ·#10C - 36, Getsemani, Cartagena, Colombia

Its a nice hostel at a good location in the beginning of media luna street. So its close to the main rumba but quiet enought. We were a huge group so staff had a lot to do, but they handled us expertely, thanks! its definitely the place to go to if you' re looking for a peaceful hostel in the middle of the backpacker mekka! only downside, the fans on the ceiling in the 10 bed dorm are not very strong, so its really hot in the room. It has two bathrooms next to the room though, so a cold shower f

This is a very basic place in a good location. The AC works well, which is great. The staff was OK and the place felt pretty dirty. There are a lot of mosquitos in the bathroom, so be careful. But good value and close to the heart of Getsemani.

It was ok ... To quiet no atmosphere as its a small hostel it was like staying in someone's house... The traffic at the front was noisy but not there fault,...also couldn't provide a map which wasn't helpful ... The beds are really comfy tho and air con which is needed in hot cartagena

My 10 minutes here were awful and the lady at the front desk knows that and doesn't care. I left my bags here to walk around to find a different hostel where I couds go right to sleep and I rang the bell to get let back into mystic to get my bag. The lady took 10 minutes to open the gate which was locked with a lock you use for lock re and then LOCKED ME IN THE BUILDING & demanded I pay my first nights fee if I reserved. She locked me in. If that's the policy she could have just charged my card

Great hostel! They've got great decorations + furniture, rooms with AC and Wi-Fi. I stayed the first night in a 10-bed room and they didn't have AC there so I changed to an AC room instead, just COP8,000 more. The hostel is really near to the city center and to the San Felipe Castle as well, walked to both of them myself. If you wanna try Caribean food I recommend the restaurant La Mulata! Have a great stay! Cartagena's city center is beyond beautiful!

Hostel was good enjoyed the area.

The overall experience was wonderful. The one bed private suite was clean and spacious. I was relieved to find the laundry service was able to wash and dry our clothes within one day. The service was a little pricey, but at the end of a five-day trek to the Lost City I wanted to get the funky smell out of our backpacks right away. Great location and cool atmosphere.

• 19th Jul 2015

The staff here are nice and the ones during the day speak English well. I would avoid a room by the street because it is kind of loud. And sometimes there are cats that like to fight on the roof so that can be annoying. It has a common area but there wasn't much of a communal feeling. It was safe. The air conditioning worked well which is important.

I was impressed with the dorm room. It was clean, with its own bathroom and fabulous powerstrips. We booked the wrong night on accident as we were arriving in the middle of the night. They were able to accomadate us but they ended up charging us for both nights without telling us.

• 24th Apr 2015

I picked this hostel as it was the cheapest online, but it is by far my favourite hostel in Cartagena. Great location, good facilities and lovely helpful staff.

No atmosphere but clean and comfy enough