Mystic Jaisalmer Reviews

Near Air force circle, Dhibba Para, Old City, Jaisalmer, India

Very good setup tuned in to travellers needs such as early arrival or late departure (train times in Jaisalmer are not that customer friendly!). When we arrived at 6am they gave us a room for 3 hours to rest while our room was being prepared and were happy for us to chill out on the rooftop until a 11pm for a late departure. Rooms well equipped and clean, plenty of hot water for showers. Their camel safari offshoot also excellent.

GOOD: roof terrace w/ nice views / food. They picked me up / dropped me at the station when leaving for free. NOT SO GOOD: they commercialize the camel safari tour and was good overall. But, the dinner had no flavour. Not even a pinch of spice or sault, and we're in India! Shouldn't be difficult provide some decent food. The guides can barely speak English which is a bit of a let down too. The experience itself was good but I think there's lot that can be done to make that tour worth the money.

Nice location, the restaurant rooftop has delicious food and a very nice view to the fort. The owner is lovely, the rest of the staff is helpful as well and there are always people to chat with. Good place to stay in Jaisalmer overall.

Mystic is a such a relaxing place! We stayed one night in their hostel and did the second night in the desert. Go on their camel safari! One of the greatest experiences of my life and definitely worth every penny. Their rooftop is amazing - I could spend days there day dreaming and gazing at the fort. The staff is friendly and helpful. Really great place to meet likeminded travelers.

Nice rooms, excellent service and a nice terrace to enjoy the fort.

Excellent place, beautiful and clean rooms. Good restaurant on the rooftop, although the service in there could be better (like everywhewre in India). Very relaxing, with music all day and movies at night. They sell camel safaris through the desert as well.

Prices are fair and this is one of the few places in Jaisalmer that have dorm rooms, but they need to improve a lot of stuff. Common area in the restaurant is infested by pidgeons during the day alongside a copious amount of flies, they don't seem to clean the cushions ever, pretty dusgusting stuff. Restaurant food was really great though. Dorms looked alright at first sight but then extremely hot and the fans were really loud. Gotta say that the service was great. The main guy in the reception

Very nice hostel. Only 5 min walk to the Fort. Good breakfast and food. Good price. A lot of travellers to meet. Nice rooftop. Staff is perfect.

A really nice place next to the fort. There was free pick up on arrival at the train station and the owner invited us to a free chai on arrival while explaining the hotel activities and surrounding. I recommend to book the camel safari through them. Although when you are with only two girls you might find it uncomfortable to sleep in the desert with all the Indian guides around, as the guys walking the camels are not employed by the hotel. ( one was proposing to one of my female follow traveller

Perfect location. Dorms could have been less crowded though.

Beautifully decorated hotel. Fantastic staff - very friendly and helpful. Highly recommend the camel safari - it was really good fun, they go to beautiful sand dunes and provide everything that you need. Amazing social atmosphere. The rooftop terrace and restaurant is great, everyone hangs out there most of the time and you really get to know everyone that stays at the hotel. The pigeons love it too though and there is a slight risk of getting pooped on :(

Staff are incredibly friendly and helpful - they go out of their way to look after you. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone staying in Jaisalmer.

We had a pleasant stay at Mystic Jaisalmer. The staff is very friendly and the food is really good served at the roof top. Would highly recommend it!

Mystic is awesome! The rooftop is an awesome common space to meet other travellers. The food served at the restaurant is quite good also. I did the camel safari trough the hostel and loved it. Would highly recommend it!

As a solo female traveller, I appreciated the early morning pickup from the station. All the staff were fantastic. I loved my stay in Jaisalmer. Great roof top restaurant, great view, great food & all the staff were so polite & pleasant. Service was excellent. Manager was extremely helpful. And Husem worked very hard & always did his best. Camel safari is well recommended. You can get cheaper in town but you won't get the quality. Great hostel!

Awesome place with great atmosphere and very helpful staff. never felt so welcomed and relaxed during my travel through india. the private room with ac was very nice and clean, the camel safari organised from mystic jaisalmer was amazing and safe. if you like good (especially indian) food, the restaurant on the rooftop is just great as the view of the fort. my friend and me ended up staying for 6 days. absolutely can recommend this place!

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

I didn't even end up staying here, lol!

• 31st Aug 2014