Mystic Simurgh Hostel Reviews

Huseyin Aga Mah. Buyuk Bayram Sok. No:13 Taksim, Beyoglu/Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

the location close to the main attraction like taksim square...the staff are very nice to me : )

Very well located hostel. The atmosphere is relaxed, and peace is maintained with the front door being closed from 5am-8am, this is good or bad depending on which side of the door you're on:) Tea is available all day for free, breakfast costs five TL, laundry is way too expensive (hopefully that euro sign will be changed to lira soon). Lockers are in the reception area, the dorm #18 needs to improve compared to the others (moisture issue). TLDR: best location for the price, no after-party.

Probably you gonna book this hotel cause of the best price....but I am sure when you'll open the brand new beautiful black door you'll understand to have made the best choice!!!!The coolest staff in the world, the most amazing environment...the rooms are big and confortable...I felt litterally like a queen :-)..thank you guys I'm gonna miss you

The hostel is well located. There are no keys for the rooms. It was really noise. I could not sleep at all, even with ear plugs.

If you stay in istanbul, you have to go this place. location is quite good (from taksim square - main square just 5min. and near with main road). and definitely kind and cool staff is here. I didn't have 2 TL for bus to airport, but our lovely staff Edge gave me 2 TL.... it was really touching. you will satisfy with this hostel. Thank you so much, guys - Jay

• 28th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Great large bathrooms, very noisy area if you are a light sleeper but none the less I slept fine. Average sized dorms, nice staff

• 14th Aug 2014

We moved here after a bad experience in another hostel in Istanbul. Much better. Good location- not far from Taskim and bars, clubs etc. Great vibe. Open and helpful staff. Decent kitchen, large rooms and beds, lockers. A little noisy from the street so if you're a light sleeper, bring earplugs.

DONT GO HERE ALOT OF STUFF WAS STOLEN FROM EVERYBODY IN THE HOSTEL CLOTH, LAPTOPS, CAMARAS, ETC... and the staff didn't care with it... but for the rest it was cheap and everybody was kind..

• 8th Jul 2014

The staff were friendly and breakfast was good! Not the safest neighborhood and doors to the rooms didn't lock but I was never worried for my own safety.

Awsome breakfast, staff and people in there... Definitely I will come back.

• 21st Jun 2014

their staff were very considerate, I also liked the cat, Xeno. however, the rooms need air conditioners as it got very hot at night, but my room didn't have any cooling facility.

This hostel is in the center of beyoglu. so if you want to sleep u probably need some earplugs. (dont forget that!) music, bars shopping streets make this location. the breakfast was really good and its not every day the same. also i like to cook my own dinner and the community kitchen is great for doing that. so the rest.. wifi works, shower & toilett clean and if i had a question the staff could help me. was very nice to stay there.

The sheets were not clean so we asked it to change and was offered different room but shower didn't work.....

• 5th Jun 2014