Mystic Simurgh Hostel Reviews

Huseyin Aga Mah. Buyuk Bayram Sok. No:13 Taksim, Beyoglu/Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

A nice place to meet people in center :)

The private room was filthy and not worth the money I have spended.

• 19th Oct 2013
  • Turkey

Great place to stay. Nice friendly and very helpfull staff. Free coffee and tea all day Long!

Great staff. Good value for money

The whole atmosphere of the place expresses so much warmth and kindness to all travelers. Yes a noisy place but so much to be enjoyed

• 5th Sep 2013

The atmosphere at my time there was awesome. Made friends forever. Despite the hostel, the only thing id advise is about the noisy, because it is really surrounded by lots of clubs, what to attract people in they make their music be most loud ive heard. So, get earplugs!! The showers are really tiny, but if you need space get to the last floor shower/toilet :P The city is full of cats, and they have one there :)

Best hostel in Istanbul ever

• 3rd Sep 2013
  • Switzerland

It was ok for it's price and breakfast was really good.

Filthy, dirty place. Sheets were not changed and everywhere was just dirty. Staff was so grumpy

• 24th Aug 2013
  • Turkey

Are you sure that you stayed in our hostel?If you had some problem with sheets you could come to reception desk for cover your rights... Hi, I'm cleaner of hostel. If you have time to come here please show me which places are dirty. I clean all floors,toilets,showers,corridors,rooms,kitchen,loundry very deeply with my high performance. I can't accept any false accusation. Maybe one of my coworker can be in not good mood for that time but doesn't mean you have right to blame me!

This hostel is a perfect place if you want to meet nice people and enjoy of a relaxed atmosphere. the position is super, very closed to Taskim Square and in the center of nightlife. the rooms are clean, the breakfast is good! There aren't words to describe the staff,they are very friendly, always ready to help you! For all the time I was there I felt like at home! So, I strongly recommend this hostel! Mesut and Arif thanks for the time spent together, for all "cay" drunk together and blablabla

It is a very cosy place with great staff at the reception. Mystic Simurg is one the best cheap choices with its central location, kind and helpful staff, and friendly atmosphere. I strongly recommend for a cheap and joyful stay in Istanbul.

• 16th Aug 2013
  • Turkey

Awesome hotel. everyone is so friendly and the staff are awesome! One night we were just sitting around and they cooked Dinner for everyone. Its a loud area but you know that when you book, we had no problems at all.. loved it.

absolutly unable to sleep, between the sweltering heat because of only a pathetic fan and the noise from the street the was no chance of rest.

Hello my friend who came from long ways, Everybody make deeply statistics about our reading rate but everything obvious. If you have some minutes... Sorry! Maybe seconds, can you read again (really sorry for i shouldn't say "again") our hostel page. Or if you want we can read it for you, don't hasitate to ask us. As you understand we don't give any promise for absolute calm air.

Very kind and helpful staff!!! :)

Very friendly and helpful staff. Great location close to Taksim Square and the Galata district. Quite noisy at night as it is in the party area especially in the 8 people dorm on the street side. But rooms at the back are calm.

• 28th Jul 2013

Staff is nice and helpful but it's IMPOSSIBLE TO SLEEP in this place... 85 db monday and tuesday (windows closed), it means you have to yell at each other to have a conversation, so same with ear plugs it'd make you crazy-angry. In some country, you'd use it as a way of torturing people. The room was clean but every place you can share was really dirty (kitchen, dishes, laundry...)

• 16th Jul 2013
  • Switzerland

Staff was friendly, breakfast turkish style and delicous, rooms were worth the little money you paid for it, but hostel definitely needs renovation. Right next to Taksim sq. in a very lively neighborhood, where you can party all night but need ear-plugs to sleep. Over all ok.

Really nice and helpful staff, we paid 8 euro per night and we even got free breakfast. The hostel is located in a nightlife district, so it is quite noisy at night; anyway the location is good in order to access to the public transportation system and explore the city. Toilets and shower really small, it was rather unconfortable using them.

in between of the nightlife, a little bit noisy, not very clean

We were a little worried before ariving. But everything was excellent in the hostel. everybody was helpful speaking english not the typic one but informating for everything happens in the City. about hammams, concerts etc. the area around is a little bit noisy but if you close windows you dont listen anything. recommended anyway! greeting to everyone there c u next time guys! 11/10

• 23rd Jun 2013