N's Kitchen & Lodge Reviews

No.33 Yiruomulang St. Beimen, Old Town, Yunnan, Shangri-la, China

The hotel is located in old town and not far from Big prayer wheel temple. It is very closed to fire-burned area and has a lot of constructions near there during my stay. It caused some dusty. All staffs are very helpful and friendly. Some of them can speak English. They helped us to get entrance ticket of Songzanlin Monastery with discount. They also help to arrange minivan to Blue moon valley. Frankly to say that the room was not clean enough. The bed sheet and blanket were smelly.

As I expected, N-Kitchen is really a great hostel. And if I have a chance to come back Shangri-la, I wont never hesitate to choice N Kitchen again. Good price, nice room, huge bathroom and helpful staff.

First of all, the direction to the hostel posted on this website should be updated (it was before the fire!). To get here, it's best to ask the hostel for directions in Chinese to show to taxi drivers. We arrived in the evening & followed the direction and got lost. Fortunately somebody from Puppet Restaurant & Bar (also serves great food btw) helped making phone call to this place and got us there. The next day it was quite easy to navigate around this area. Room & all facilities were great.

We realy recomend the hostel. Altough it is close to the constraction of the old town the view from the porch is great, right in front of the big praying wheel. So the location is as good as it could be considaring that the old city is under constraction. The staff are realy nice and helpfull. Very good resturants nearby. We had great time there.

We ordered 1 bed, but he gave us two bed because of my son. The bed has electric blanket , really help because Shangrila is cold. We have bigger room, but they need to sweep the floor make it more neat. The bed ,blanket and sheet are clean. The guy really help because he can speak English, he can give you recommendation to where you go. Even they sold the ticket of the attraction, couple dollar less than you buy at the gate. He also help us with bring our luggage to the our room at second floor.

The location really doesn't get much better than N's. The owner of the place is super helpful and patient with travelers wanting to know what to do and how to do. My wife and I had a really great time and would definitely choose N's if we ever went back to Shangri-la.