N's Kitchen & Lodge Reviews

No.33 Yiruomulang St. Beimen, Old Town, Yunnan, Shangri-la, China

The location really doesn't get much better than N's. The owner of the place is super helpful and patient with travelers wanting to know what to do and how to do. My wife and I had a really great time and would definitely choose N's if we ever went back to Shangri-la.

Good place to meet other travellers, dorms are spacious, no bunk beds and every bed has a curtain for privacy (plus reading light and plug). The guy who runs the place is very knowledgeable and helpful, I could also leave my luggage for free while trekking in Deqin. The place could have a couple of extra toilet though!

Staying in this hostel made my two days in Shangri La 200% worth it. Extremely friendly staff wth helpful advice, cheap and (very) good food (go for the yack burger!), and a very homy atmosphere. I recommend to anyone hanging around in the area.

Very helpful, English speaking and excellent location. Good choice for a couple of nights.

Very nice common area and lovely decorated. Friendly and helpful staff. Food was bit pricy, but room were quite big and nice (no bunk beds!). Just two toilets, showers and sinks, would have appreciated some more but apart from that a really good hostel.

I cannot recommend N's Kitchen highly enough. The staff was very helpful, arranging a driver to take us to the local hot springs, making calls to hostels where we hoped to stay for the following week to make bookings, advising us on travel, as well as cooking the most delicious food . It is in an excellent location in the old town of Shangri La , and the rooms were great and very reasonably priced. I would strongly recommend N's Kitchen to anyone visiting Shangri La.

Located right by the (unfortunately burnt down) old town. Twin room was spacious and well equipped. Really delicious yak burger and cheap beer. The cleaning staff coulda worked a bit more thoroughly and cleaned also under the curtains.

Me and uni fd stayed in this hostel for 3 nights, we met the best people in our trip here. This hostel is owned by a family and they are very helpful and very friendly. We had dinner every nights in the hostel and the hostel owner cook very well. The Hostel owner was keen to offer help for us. N's kitchen and lodge is a home away from home. Just love everything in this hostel.

Wifi was terrible, but the staff was awesome and the location is good. Despite the fire, town is still worth visiting. N's is right on the edge of where the fire burned out the old town, and there are some construction sounds in the middle of the day/morning. But not too bad. Rooms were excellent.

Nothing much to say except for great , clean, hostel ,and free western breakfast,very very good value for money.

• 10th Apr 2014