N's Kitchen & Lodge Reviews

No.24 Yiruomulang st. Old town, Shangri-la, China

Despite I booked the room via hostelworld, they sold the room twice and I had to move to Tavern47 (ignore the rating, I had to select something). Hence, I can only comment on that hostel, which I can recommend. The owners are June, a Korean man and his wife from Naqu. Both are helpful and friendly. Rooms are clean. WIFI and hot shower are available. Food is ok.

Be careful because this hostel is really hard to find. The address written on HW (33 yiruomulang) is not correct. The owner has sent emails to HW but it's still not up to date. And don't count on locals to know where is this place. It's located near the in-construction old center in a small street. Send an email to them to ask the proper address. Otherwise the place is great and the cheapest I think. Staff very friendly and gave good info. They offered us a private room for the price of a dorm

The hotel is located in old town and not far from Big prayer wheel temple. It is very closed to fire-burned area and has a lot of constructions near there during my stay. It caused some dusty. All staffs are very helpful and friendly. Some of them can speak English. They helped us to get entrance ticket of Songzanlin Monastery with discount. They also help to arrange minivan to Blue moon valley. Frankly to say that the room was not clean enough. The bed sheet and blanket were smelly.