N's Kitchen & Lodge Reviews

No.33 Yiruomulang St. Beimen, Old Town, Yunnan, Shangri-la, China

As I expected, N-Kitchen is really a great hostel. And if I have a chance to come back Shangri-la, I wont never hesitate to choice N Kitchen again. Good price, nice room, huge bathroom and helpful staff.

First of all, the direction to the hostel posted on this website should be updated (it was before the fire!). To get here, it's best to ask the hostel for directions in Chinese to show to taxi drivers. We arrived in the evening & followed the direction and got lost. Fortunately somebody from Puppet Restaurant & Bar (also serves great food btw) helped making phone call to this place and got us there. The next day it was quite easy to navigate around this area. Room & all facilities were great.

We realy recomend the hostel. Altough it is close to the constraction of the old town the view from the porch is great, right in front of the big praying wheel. So the location is as good as it could be considaring that the old city is under constraction. The staff are realy nice and helpfull. Very good resturants nearby. We had great time there.

We ordered 1 bed, but he gave us two bed because of my son. The bed has electric blanket , really help because Shangrila is cold. We have bigger room, but they need to sweep the floor make it more neat. The bed ,blanket and sheet are clean. The guy really help because he can speak English, he can give you recommendation to where you go. Even they sold the ticket of the attraction, couple dollar less than you buy at the gate. He also help us with bring our luggage to the our room at second floor.

The location really doesn't get much better than N's. The owner of the place is super helpful and patient with travelers wanting to know what to do and how to do. My wife and I had a really great time and would definitely choose N's if we ever went back to Shangri-la.

Good place to meet other travellers, dorms are spacious, no bunk beds and every bed has a curtain for privacy (plus reading light and plug). The guy who runs the place is very knowledgeable and helpful, I could also leave my luggage for free while trekking in Deqin. The place could have a couple of extra toilet though!

Staying in this hostel made my two days in Shangri La 200% worth it. Extremely friendly staff wth helpful advice, cheap and (very) good food (go for the yack burger!), and a very homy atmosphere. I recommend to anyone hanging around in the area.

Very helpful, English speaking and excellent location. Good choice for a couple of nights.

Very nice common area and lovely decorated. Friendly and helpful staff. Food was bit pricy, but room were quite big and nice (no bunk beds!). Just two toilets, showers and sinks, would have appreciated some more but apart from that a really good hostel.

I cannot recommend N's Kitchen highly enough. The staff was very helpful, arranging a driver to take us to the local hot springs, making calls to hostels where we hoped to stay for the following week to make bookings, advising us on travel, as well as cooking the most delicious food . It is in an excellent location in the old town of Shangri La , and the rooms were great and very reasonably priced. I would strongly recommend N's Kitchen to anyone visiting Shangri La.