NISEKO Backpackers Hostel TABI-TSUMUGI Reviews

44 Asahi, Kutchan-cho,Abutagun Hokkaido, Hokkaido Niseko, Japan

The facility is very new and very good quality (haven't seen a better kitchen in a hostel so far). All is very clean. Ryo, the kind host will make your stay most comfortable. If you need something he know where to get it and he gives you a lift for hiking and so on. The town it self has not so much tourist attraction, but the surrounding mountains are excellent for hiking or just for a relax time. Will come back again.

You get great value and excellent facilities, but the location is no where near the resort or Hirafu town area. But there are free/cheap shuttles to/from the Kutchan train station and the hostel is a 10 minute walk from the station.

• 19th Dec 2013

probably the cleanest hostel i have ever been to. fully equiped kitchen. rio was a legend. drove me into the supermarket to do my grocery shopping which was awesome. alround cool hostel

A great backpackers! Ryo is a super helpful guy and knows what's needed in a good backpackers. The location is a little bit outside the main town, but not far from the station/shuttle bus stop. Still within walking distance. The facilities are awesome - great dorms - very spacious with plenty of power sockets, each bed with a light and storage area. Also, Ryo's breakfast is really tastya and filling. I had a great stay and plan to return.

Superb guesthouse, with a great vibe, was designed and built by the owner/manager Ryo. It has a great layout with marvelous views!! The location is a bit out of the way, but Ryo will deliver u to the ski mountain and the nearby train/bus station will do the rest.

Thanks Ryo for all his assistance! i have stayed in his hostel for a whole week! if you go niseko for skiing/snowboarding, i would recommend this hostel for you!!

This was the nicest hostel I've ever stayed at! The building is quite new, well designed, and immaculately clean. Ryo (the manager) was very friendly and helpful, and speaks excellent English. It's a short walk from the bus / train station and the supermarket, and Ryo can give you a lift to the nearby Hanazono ski lift. I will definitely be staying here again! -Richard

It was a really good place to stay I would recommend it to everybody!!

• 5th Feb 2013

Excellent customer service, and exceptionally clean place. Great place to relax.

• 22nd Jan 2013

The owner, Ryo-san, makes this place an incredible place to stay. He is kind and helpful, and just wants you to have the best stay possible. He designed this place incredibly well. It is comfortable and clean and a privilege to be able to stay. Great job Ryo!

Thank you very much for making my short stay at your hostel a really enjoyable stay, thank you for your tips, your help and your kindness. If I come back to Japan and Hokkaido, and I hope I will because i want to visit more of Hokkaido, I will definitely come back here. Again, thank you for everything!

Ryo The owner has extremely attentive, he take care of all my needs during the stay at his hostel. He also try his best to create a nice atmosphere at the hostel.

• 21st Mar 2012
  • Spain

Really enjoyed my time here! The house is awesome, well equipped and comfortable feeling more like a homestay than a hostel. Rio, the owner, is very helpful and dropped me off at the ski lift in the morning and at the train station when I left. Will be back for sure.

in terms of location it is one of the best bets at grand hirafu with the slopes only about 100m away. accommodation was fine,communal shower downstairs was often short of hot water. my main criticism of the place was there was no well located common room for people to mingle. but besides that for bang for your buck it cant be beat

This hostel provided one the best experiences I have ever had. The owner, Ryo, picked my boyfriend and I up from the train station, dropped us off at the ski resort the next morning, and drove us back to the train station on the last day of our trip. The bathrooms, showers, and rooms were spotless and Ryo was sure to check that we were settled and comfortable the entire time. The location is perfect, near the resorts and with an amazing view of the volcano, Mt. Yotei. Highly recommended hostel!

View all Hokkaido Niseko Hostels