NS Hostel & Suites Reviews

Rua Lourenço Almeida de Azevedo n.s 3 e 4, Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal

NS is a really nice hostel. The staff are superb! They helped me plan other parts of my trip. The shower facilities, while kept extremely clean, are downstairs and are pretty much a locker room like you'd find at a gym. I had no problem with it, but some may find it uncomfortable. The dorm room was very clean and well maintained. The common area is very relaxing and cool. It's very close to the old uni, but there was noise from the street, which made it a little difficult to sleep.

Such good value for money, a very luxurious hostel! Such clean and comfortable rooms, no one checked into my dorm so I had a room to myself! Staff were friendly, always enough showers and toilets so you don't have to wait for others. Not a social place but very clean and nice to stay in. Great spread of food for breakfast: bread rolls, bread slices, cereal, yoghurt, ham, cheese, butter and jam, cookies, tea, coffee, milk, tinned fruit.

A HOSTEL OF LUXURY.

Stayed there with my wife in a private ensuite room. The place to stay at Coimbra by a mile, new and still trying to impress and doing so. Staff beyond helpful and friendly. Close to everything worth seeing, friendly and clean, especially for people who want to sightsee rather than get drunk and party. Perfect hostel

This hostel is great. The staff is nice, the breakfast is unbeatable, the facilities are modern and efficient. I would recommend it even to people who are reluctant to sleep in a hostel. I must say that it lacked atmosphere a little, though. All in all, would come back anytime.

We were lucky to stay in so nice place. Friendly staff. Beautiful terrace for relaxing with friends company!

Great service and wonderful atmosphere !!

Bathrooms not on the same floor, no elevador, no lockers

Very good

A bit far off the center and it's quite a walk. Staff was very helpful and the hostel is very clean.

Although the "title" of the room is "Superior 4 Bed Mixed Dorm" from my point of view superior means that the room includes at least a little bathroom, it wasn't. Moreover the room was three bed dorm with a suppletory bed really really bad... From my point of view, tis room is a normal three bed dorm and they want to get more money. I was not agree with the room..but it was only one night and...we decided say nothing..

• 3rd May 2014
  • Spain

We booked in a dorm but got a quiet room upstairs for two! The generousbreakfast was included (3 kinds of bread, yogurt, cornflakes, pineapple, cookies, ham/cheese/jam, etc). The rooms were very clean, just as the equipped kitchen and the bathroom (except some moisture on the wooden shower doors in the cellar). There´s a cosy living room with 1 PC with Internet. The staff was very friendly: they gave us a map and told us interesting places to visit. The location is near the center (10 min).

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • Belgium

The room was very good, one of the best I've been in. The bed was very comfortable. The toilet was not so good because it was for men and women at the same time. The showers were in the basement floor. The shower was very good, though.

Suitable place to stay, but lacked atmosphere. There are also no directions on how to get their from train or bus station so it was a long walk. There is a bus from the bus station (#5 or 27 I think) which will get you there, otherwise a 30min walk . Staff was friendly and helpful but common areas are lacking and wifi and hot water had some problems but ok in common areas. Beds and rooms are great/comfortable.

I enjoyed staying at this hostel. It is hard to find a cleaner place. Rooms are good The staff was nice but doesn´t speak English. I managed to get understood mixing my French and my Spanish but I think it is a problem in a hostel.

We stayed just one night, so I can't tell much. The Hostel is very clean and the beds are comfortable. Simple and good breakfast included. Clean towels included.

NS Hostel is very very nice place, so organized, so clean, so good localization, so I had good time, I really loved NS hostel. Thanks for everything.

Very pleasant and helpful stuff. Atmosphere was kind of sleepy, but we were out of season.