NS Hostel & Suites Reviews

Rua Lourenço Almeida de Azevedo n.s 3 e 4, Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal

Beautiful, atmospheric hostel, very nice staff, breakfast included,, wi-fi. Perfect location. No problems with parking.

Price/quality was very good, it's a nice refurbished place. It's clean and the breakfast is good. There is also a nice terrace at the back of the house. The showers are in the basement and when staying on the third floor it's quite a distance, but it didn't bother us a lot. The location was okay, not perfect as it's quite a stroll to the center of town, when returning from the center it's quite a uphill... Concl: it's clean and safe, not too far from the center, goid price/quality.

Very clean, safe, modern and quiet hostel, perfect if you long for a good sleep. Definitely NO party hostel! Well equipped kitchen, WiFi, average location I'd say, Breakfast good, a bit too posh for my taste..

The minimum would be to speak decent english, and provide the room booked (double booking of our room so we had another room instead)

Lovely terrace, great hostel, mirrors would be a perfect addition to the rooms.

I only stayed there for one night but it was great. The staff was very friendly and super helpful. The rooms were clean and the location is great. I stayed in a 4 bedroom dorm, with only one other person, so we had a lot of space to ourselves. The only downside is the location of the bathrooms, but this is a pretty minor inconvenience.

A great place to stay in Coimbra, it's easy to get to and is situated on a nice little square. Great food and drink can be found within a short walking distance. The beds are very comfortable and the hostel is modern and well maintained.

A really nice hostel, really clean, really quiet.... But sadly also a little unpersonal.... I missed the hostel feeling.... Except for the shared rooms you couldn't really feel the hostel vibes. And the hostel would have so much potential!!! A terrace which would be perfect for a barbecue (and if it is only once a week), or some sunloungers to just chill in the sun... You could make so much more out of it and then you would have a perfect hostel! :)

NS is a really nice hostel. The staff are superb! They helped me plan other parts of my trip. The shower facilities, while kept extremely clean, are downstairs and are pretty much a locker room like you'd find at a gym. I had no problem with it, but some may find it uncomfortable. The dorm room was very clean and well maintained. The common area is very relaxing and cool. It's very close to the old uni, but there was noise from the street, which made it a little difficult to sleep.

Such good value for money, a very luxurious hostel! Such clean and comfortable rooms, no one checked into my dorm so I had a room to myself! Staff were friendly, always enough showers and toilets so you don't have to wait for others. Not a social place but very clean and nice to stay in. Great spread of food for breakfast: bread rolls, bread slices, cereal, yoghurt, ham, cheese, butter and jam, cookies, tea, coffee, milk, tinned fruit.

A HOSTEL OF LUXURY.

Stayed there with my wife in a private ensuite room. The place to stay at Coimbra by a mile, new and still trying to impress and doing so. Staff beyond helpful and friendly. Close to everything worth seeing, friendly and clean, especially for people who want to sightsee rather than get drunk and party. Perfect hostel

This hostel is great. The staff is nice, the breakfast is unbeatable, the facilities are modern and efficient. I would recommend it even to people who are reluctant to sleep in a hostel. I must say that it lacked atmosphere a little, though. All in all, would come back anytime.

We were lucky to stay in so nice place. Friendly staff. Beautiful terrace for relaxing with friends company!

Great service and wonderful atmosphere !!

Bathrooms not on the same floor, no elevador, no lockers

Very good

A bit far off the center and it's quite a walk. Staff was very helpful and the hostel is very clean.

Although the "title" of the room is "Superior 4 Bed Mixed Dorm" from my point of view superior means that the room includes at least a little bathroom, it wasn't. Moreover the room was three bed dorm with a suppletory bed really really bad... From my point of view, tis room is a normal three bed dorm and they want to get more money. I was not agree with the room..but it was only one night and...we decided say nothing..

• 3rd May 2014
  • Spain

We booked in a dorm but got a quiet room upstairs for two! The generousbreakfast was included (3 kinds of bread, yogurt, cornflakes, pineapple, cookies, ham/cheese/jam, etc). The rooms were very clean, just as the equipped kitchen and the bathroom (except some moisture on the wooden shower doors in the cellar). There´s a cosy living room with 1 PC with Internet. The staff was very friendly: they gave us a map and told us interesting places to visit. The location is near the center (10 min).

• 23rd Apr 2014