NSTS Hibernia Residence and Hostel Reviews

Depiro Street, Sliema, Sliema, Malta

They let the main door open all night long. It is not necesseary to use your kay -card to enter the hostel. The reception close at 3 pm and there is no guard. Anybody can sleep in your bed without paying anything and steel your goods. Goood location near supermarket and beaches. They make confusion between both number 8 and 6.

Firstable, the entrance door was never locked by night. Everybody could enter in the hostel as he wanted... We had troubles because of our lockers in our room, it was easy to open its without key... so we only let our clothes there... Breakfast was good, wifi didn't worked during more than one day, nobody from the hostel was there from 15:00 to 7:30 and the door wasn't locked so easy for people from outside to come there

• 20th Aug 2014

The Hostel was good, definitely, but it could get better. For exemple, the mens apartament, room 208, were I have stayed had no microwave, while the girls apartment had, in the room right above us, 108, had. The laundry was not working. One of the two fans in my room was broken too. Anyway, the location was great as the breakfast, which was perfect. The staff were always vey helpfull. I would stay there again.

• 8th Aug 2014

good location to the seafront ( 5-8 min) and bus stops, free breakfast, free wifi.

The hostel is not clean at all, both bedrooms and bath area are dirty. The overall cleanliness is so bad that my cousin, who stayed with me at the hostel, got chicken pox - probably, according to the doctor, from the unclean sheets or mattress. The reception was only open during the morning, which made difficult for us to ask questions and have a support when necessary. Besides that, people would be noisy during the night since there was no staff to control that.

Great place to stay! Excellent location and pretty much cheap! I highly recommend it!

By far the dirties hostel I've ever stayed in. The lack of security is a problem, first night someone's laptop got stollen and the next night someone's clothing got stollen. Anyone can walk into any room on all 6 floors of the place. Clearly no age limit because we had a 70 year old man who was in the room who took my bed the staff refused to have him move so ever time some new cam and I was in their bed I had to move. Good location. That's the only plus.

Great place for travelers on a small budget. It can get loud at times as there are a lot of groups staying here but guests are warned on the website. Excellent complimentary breakfast in the morning. I would stay here again.

Staff was extremely helpful!!! We loved staying there

Really nice atmosphere! There were some problems with the electricity in my first days, which gave me some small trouble. But overall a very nice hostel! :) Big rooms, nice people, plenty of showers, toilets and so on in the rooms.

• 23rd Jun 2014