NY Moore Hostel Reviews

179 Moore Street, New York, USA

Unfortunately if the 'L' train isn't working after 11:45pm it can take a long time to get to the hostel.

The Moore hostel is just "ok". I think that the price per night is too high, considering location and what you get, But this is what happens when you book last minute. It was ridiculous that here we had to pay 3$ for renting a towel! - My last time in NYC I slept closer to Manhattan, in nicer neighborhood, towels were included, the hostel was better and it was still cheaper that my stay at NY Moore.

Brilliant hostel, in a decent location (it's rather trendy, and bustling with activity). The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly. Great value for money; ideal if you're on a budget. I would definitely stay there again on future visits to New York.

Friendly staff, good location - perfect for new york first timers on a budget. Would highly recommend.

Everything was great however could you please put a curfew on the outside lounge area? People were talking loudly at 3am hanging out there and it woke us up.

A really cool place in a cool neighborhood.

I got my camera stolen. Further than that, I liked the hostel very much

The staff was amazing. They really help you with everything. The facilities are very well equipped: kitchens, lounge, TV, great WI-FI, internal yard,. The rooms are nice and clean. You can buy anything you might need from their vending machines (soap, cosmetics, lockers, food, drinks). Public transport is excellent, you have many options from to take from the hostel. The only thing that might be a bit negative is that the neighborhood does not strike you as the safest place at night.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Czech Republic

Highly recommend. Was a great place to be based in NYC. :)

• 28th Apr 2015

I was initially concerned about rooming with other folks, but as it turned out they were perfectly nice and fun to talk to. The other customers were fun (though a little loud at night sometimes -- what can I say, I'm old.) The staff was also quite friendly & helpful. Only thing I felt was lacking, I wish the public computers were better equipped. Other than that I had a fun, easy time! Trip was a political conference.

• 24th Apr 2015

Nice hostel with very friendly staff and spacious rooms. However, I found it too expensive on the weekends so I left for another hostel.

Really enjoyed my stay here. I felt really safe and at home. Never had any issues, all the staff are lovely. Only let down is cleaning. Cleaners are supposed to come once a day but not too sure what they actually get done as floor was very dusty and dirty in the room, you have to wear shoes, socks or constantly wipe your feet. Also in my 3week stay there was a lot of mold on the shower curtain that was never addressed, pretty disgusting. The cleaners need to do more than just a 5minute job.

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Great location, friendly staff, I will recommend this place to my friends

• 17th Apr 2015

wonderful hostel ;)

• 11th Apr 2015

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Awesome common area and large kitchen. Dorm rooms are also incredibly nice and even more hotel like, with tables and chairs present in my room. Value for money wise, I can't really fault it, as it is in New York and everywhere is expensive here.

Great place to stay. Felt very comfortable there and it was a good location with easy access to Manhattan and Williamsburg. Some nights it just felt like a place to sleep, but on the weekend I really got the hostel vibe because a whole bunch of us from the around the world meet in the lounge and decided to go out together. Also the staff is great and helpful, and they really make you feel welcome.

• 9th Apr 2015

NY Moore Hostel was a brilliant place to stay. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the rooms were spacious, clean and well-kept. Would stay here again while in New York.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Very good hostel, excellent value for money

Good place actually, friendly staff

This is a fantastic hostel. The rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable and secure. More like studio apartments than dorm rooms. The staff are very friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. The facilities are good and all necessary amenities nearby. Subway stations are about 5 minutes walk away and you can be in the middle of Manhattan within half an hour. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend.