NY Moore Hostel Reviews

179 Moore Street, New York, USA

The staff were really helpful and lovely however I don't think I'd stay here again as the Bed was really uncomfortable. The heating was good, perhaps a little too warm as it was -8 and I left the windows open but i overheard that other rooms were too cold to sleep in so there could be some problems there. Massive rooms though you could fit 10 people in their 3 bed room.

The hostel has a run down feeling despite it being listed as having been recently renovated. Felt like a bait and switch.

This place was a pleasant surprise. Just sold the house,looking to return to NYC. During the holidaze. Apartment hunting. Ugh. The staff/amenities make you forget it's a hostel. For me, being in an uncomfortable place figuratively,the NY MOORE Hostel has been a great temporary place to stay. Literally. Good people. Attentive,personable staff. Wonderful women,who clean up,after everyone. Fabulous common room. Premium cable. Netflix. Computer room. Spacious sleeping quarters w/bath. Great find!!

• 31st Dec 2014

Really nice hostel, loved the staff (Lydia in particular). Would suggest improving the wifi speed which was pretty slow and cut out often, at least in the room I was in (201).

Computers may need updating. No CD-ROM drive and not all USB ports working. Otherwise Very spacious and comfortable hostel to stay at. Maybe include a FREE breakfast??

Friendly staff and the facilities were good. Location made it easy to travel to Manhattan to enjoy the sights of the city. Great cafe up on Bushwick, food was surprisingly good. Bed was comfortable and there was plenty of space in the dorm.

Great hostel within easy reach of Subway. 20 min train ride to Manhattan. Super easy and stress free :) The first room we were in was huge compared to other hostel rooms, with only three people in it and private bathroom! We were moved to another room during our stay (maintenance reasons) wich was just as nice as the first one. Very nice little supermarket on the way to the Subway, so we could easily get our stuff for breakfast. There's always free tea and coffee - real coffee, not just Nescafé!

I spent two nights, subway is about 10 mins walk. They have storage, very kind of them to hold the luggage when you arrive early before check in time. I was in a female dorm, the room was very big, with a private bathroom and shower, the shower was working great with hot water. But the heat wasn't quite working, it was cold at night! There aren't seem to be any age limits for booking here, I shared with two old women, they were kind but snored really loud at night, haha

I think the hostel location is very good which is not far from subway and easy to find. the room is not dirty but bed mattress is not good and room was cold at night. there is an excellent restaurant as neighbor what name is ''Roberta's Pizza''. I would be back in summer.....not winter ^-^

• 13th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

Good Service, clean room

• 13th Dec 2014

Very helpful and accommodating staff. The 4oom was large and spotless. I would recommend staying here.

• 12th Dec 2014

The hostel is in a zone that doesn't look very good, but at the same time is pretty safe. The staff is friendly and helpful. My room was small, but with only 3 beds, so it was nice. For the price, I think it is definitely worth it. If you want to explore Brooklyn or Manhattan, it is a good place.

The room was big enough and clean. The front desk agent Lidia was genuinely friendly and very helpful.! Overall a great experience.!

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Albania

Happy with everything, the movies were awesome for downtime, they had awesome private bath room and showers, rather then showering next to someone. For New York and the price you would normally pay definitely worth it. I would recommend buying a weekly subway ticket...

I loved the staff the most! Great area of Brooklyn and most important, close to the subway to Manhattan. I recommend Boulevard Cafe as well- friendly staff and good coffee :)

• 24th Nov 2014

Great staff, excellent rooms. Very enjoyable stay.

• 23rd Nov 2014

So good I extended my stay. Room, bathroom are big and clean and has aircon/heater, lockers. Short walk to the subway which leads straight to Manhattan and from there you can go anywhere! Also a short walk to a supermarket for cheap meals. Looks like an unsafe area but it's not, just factories. I had no trouble walking to the supermarket at 10.30pm by myself and I'm a small guy. It's full of hipsters haha. Loved my stay!

I really enjoyed my stay there. It feels homey. The staff is excellent, hospitable, helpful and has an great attitude. I would definitely stay again. Ny Moore Hostel simply rocks.

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Turkey

helpful staff. 24 hour reception. Good WiFi. clean rooms.

Very good location to visit NYC.

• 30th Oct 2014