NY Moore Hostel

Fabulous 1156 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 18-24
14th Aug 2017
7.1

A very solid place to stay for the money. Feels a little out of the way but it's close to the train so you can get wherever you want to be in 20-30 minutes. Staff was friendly and the rooms were very clean.

• USA, Female, 25-30
6th Aug 2017

it was actually my first time staying in a hostel and I must say for my very first experience with that, i absolutely love my first experience. The staff was more than helpful/kind and the atmosphere made me feel comfortable and safe. Thanks ! Will definitely be staying again :)

• Adelle_J
  • New Zealand, Female, 25-30
3rd Aug 2017
7.7

Great hostel in a decent location. Clean, spacious rooms, lots of social areas and a large kitchen. This hostel has almost everything you need for a great stay in NY. The only thing lacking is atmosphere and fellow travellers, the majority of the clientele are people passing through or people looking for a place to live in NY. If you're traveling with a group of friends or just looking for a place to stay for a night then this place is great, not so much if you're a solo traveller.

• England, Male, 25-30
28th Jul 2017

I loved the welcoming feel the staff give you at the start. The room I stayed in was really good in size and comfortable. Extra bonus points for free coffee. I had a great stay.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
21st Jul 2017

Considering the Americans are just waking up to the idea of the hostel, generally this one hits the mark on most fronts. Great location for basing yourself out of Brooklyn with a subway station nearby. Plenty of good quality eats and drinks a short walk away. Reasonably clean, good facilities, no restriction on alcohol.

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
21st Jul 2017

It was very easy to find and get to off of the L line! Plenty of shops and restaurants that it was fun to walk around and to come back late at night. It is all around warehouses, and that can be a little disconcerting. Quiet at night in the neighborhood, though I can't say we would have heard anything since the AC unit is like a Mack truck. Bathroom might have had a scrub down, but not a lot so that was my only "cleanliness complaint." On the whole, a safe and secure location--I would stay again

• South Africa, Female, 31-40
20th Jul 2017

Great place. Friendly and helpful staff. I will be back

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
14th Jul 2017

This was a great place to stay for how quick of a trip we had! It was only a weekend and we were ballin' on a budget so we definitely got a good bang for our buck! The facilities were clean, I appreciated the private room and bathroom for the 3 of us. Parking made us little uneasy but that was only because we weren't familiar with the area. That being said, all of our belongings were safe. The staff was great, super nice and very accommodating. I definitely recommend!

• Australia, Female, 31-40
13th Jul 2017
7.1

I enjoyed my 3 nights here in a mixed dorm 6 people. The room & ensuite were very spacious & east to move around. Good size kitchen area & the lounge area was awesome, very comfortable & relaxing There are two metro stations close by which makes it very easy to get around. The location is not great & I did feel uncomfortable at times as I'm traveling alone. I was concerned of the number of people walking in off the street to use the bathroom facilities & did wonder how secure the hostel was.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
7th Jul 2017

Huge rooms with lots of space. Had two different rooms, if you can get a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor, the first floor rooms are very loud, you can hear people on the street, cars etc. Big common areas, big book exchange, big kitchen, a quality hostel.