NY Moore Hostel Reviews

179 Moore Street, New York, USA

Easily one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in.

• 24th Aug 2015

No atmosphere at all at the hostel . But nice facilities good location but still not worth the money you pay even if it is New York

It's generally a nice stay there. Rooms are spacious and clean, and common area is good for meeting new people. It feels safe at night, because a lot of people still hang out on the street at late night. Staff is very helpful and super nice!

• 20th Aug 2015
  • China

Honestly this is a pretty awful hostel. The location was terrible and the atmosphere was like it was a funeral 24/7. The rooms were clean and beds were comfortable but that's the only good thing I can say. They even charged me $5 to store my luggage. There are way better hostels in New York

The staff was 100% nice, friendly and helpful, it was my first time in N.Y. the area did not make me feel 100% safe but in reality nothing bad did happened to me or anyone i knew while i was there, the subway station is very close about 5 min. walking max. i did not really explored the area but it was easy to travel to other main areas in N.Y. i would stay again

• 19th Aug 2015
  • Mexico

I stayed one night as I was just in town to move my son and drive to the Midwest the following day. The staff were friendly and the room and bathroom were both clean. Couldn't beat this price for New York,

• 18th Aug 2015

A little far into Brooklyn, but lovely staff and easy to get to where you need to in Brooklyn and manhattan via the subway

The check in time should be latest at midday n checkout time should be midday too

Good location close to the subway so super esay to get around. Staff were helpful and friendly. Spacious rooms, kitchen, large coomon room with cable TV and Netflix.

• 17th Aug 2015

Fantastic place and the staff is extremely accommodating as I extended my stay two times which was a little tricky but they were more than helpful. Great neighbourhood, local bars are great (Forrest Point is a must), super close to the subway and generally a great experience overall. Highly recommend for an affordable stay in one of New York's up and coming artist neighbourhoods.

• 16th Aug 2015

I had the best time at this hostel. The atmosphere was wonderful and lively. I recommend it to everyone staying in the area.

• 8th Aug 2015

Our stay was nice and the staff was very helpful and friendly. We took their advice and found many nice places. The only thing that could have been better was the bathroom shower curtain. It was too wide and folded over and was very slimy and dirty. A smaller curtain would allow it to dry. All in all, the place was great.

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

I really enjoyed staying at NY Moore Hostel! The staff were really helpful and friendly. I especially liked that they let us keep our luggage for some extra time on our last day after we checked out so we could continue to enjoy NYC. They gave great recommendations for food in the area and seemed genuinely concerned for us lugging out luggage down and up stairs. I felt really secure and everything was pretty clean.

This is a really great hostel. Spacious, clean and with free and reliable internet. The staff are friendly and extremely helpful. I was a bit concerned about the area at first but it turned out to be perfectly safe if you're careful. Excellent vae for money too.

Location was excellent, only 15-20 minutes by subway to the west side of Manhattan. Area seemed pretty safe, even at night, and was covered with amazing street art. Great little grocery store right before the subway if you need a quick bite. Staff were pleasant. Only complaint was my room's shower curtain was a little dirty and could use replacing, but otherwise the hostel was clean. Outside could get a little noisy but hostel itself was low-key and peaceful. Will stay again!

The girls at the desk were so helpful and kind :) would love to stay again

• 26th Jul 2015

One of the best, but also most expensive hostels, I have ever stayed in.

• 25th Jul 2015

The people were really nice! They can print for no charge. I loved their clean bathroom and beds, but the air-conditioner was too loud and wifi signal in the room (305) was bad.

• 25th Jul 2015
  • China

NY Moore Hostel is well located next to sub station and not far from Bedford Avenue, the hip place to get out. Nice and friendly staff, clean place. There is a big room to have rest and watch TV. Many supermarkets and delis around, you can cook in the kitchen if needed.

I stayed in NY Moore hostel along with my parents.6 mins away from nearest subway stn. Staff graciously gave us room on ground floor, it was easy for my parents (senior citizens) to maneuver. Rooms were clean and spacious. Ensuit restroom was clean and provided hot water in shower. They have one full fledged kitchen ( downstairs) and coffee station on ground floor. We will surely stay there again.

• 19th Jul 2015