NY Moore Hostel Reviews

179 Moore Street, New York, USA

Great location, friendly staff, I will recommend this place to my friends

• 17th Apr 2015

wonderful hostel ;)

• 11th Apr 2015

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Awesome common area and large kitchen. Dorm rooms are also incredibly nice and even more hotel like, with tables and chairs present in my room. Value for money wise, I can't really fault it, as it is in New York and everywhere is expensive here.

Great place to stay. Felt very comfortable there and it was a good location with easy access to Manhattan and Williamsburg. Some nights it just felt like a place to sleep, but on the weekend I really got the hostel vibe because a whole bunch of us from the around the world meet in the lounge and decided to go out together. Also the staff is great and helpful, and they really make you feel welcome.

• 9th Apr 2015

NY Moore Hostel was a brilliant place to stay. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the rooms were spacious, clean and well-kept. Would stay here again while in New York.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Very good hostel, excellent value for money

Good place actually, friendly staff

This is a fantastic hostel. The rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable and secure. More like studio apartments than dorm rooms. The staff are very friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. The facilities are good and all necessary amenities nearby. Subway stations are about 5 minutes walk away and you can be in the middle of Manhattan within half an hour. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend.

It was all we hoped for. Excellent staff and the rooms are beautiful! We had the smell of a cigar in our bathroom but we learned it was from a short circuit that they were correcting. Our group was very pleased and we will be back again!

Had a great stay for a week. Cool hostel and not to far to Manhattan.

The staff were really helpful and lovely however I don't think I'd stay here again as the Bed was really uncomfortable. The heating was good, perhaps a little too warm as it was -8 and I left the windows open but i overheard that other rooms were too cold to sleep in so there could be some problems there. Massive rooms though you could fit 10 people in their 3 bed room.

The hostel has a run down feeling despite it being listed as having been recently renovated. Felt like a bait and switch.

This place was a pleasant surprise. Just sold the house,looking to return to NYC. During the holidaze. Apartment hunting. Ugh. The staff/amenities make you forget it's a hostel. For me, being in an uncomfortable place figuratively,the NY MOORE Hostel has been a great temporary place to stay. Literally. Good people. Attentive,personable staff. Wonderful women,who clean up,after everyone. Fabulous common room. Premium cable. Netflix. Computer room. Spacious sleeping quarters w/bath. Great find!!

• 31st Dec 2014

Really nice hostel, loved the staff (Lydia in particular). Would suggest improving the wifi speed which was pretty slow and cut out often, at least in the room I was in (201).

Computers may need updating. No CD-ROM drive and not all USB ports working. Otherwise Very spacious and comfortable hostel to stay at. Maybe include a FREE breakfast??

Friendly staff and the facilities were good. Location made it easy to travel to Manhattan to enjoy the sights of the city. Great cafe up on Bushwick, food was surprisingly good. Bed was comfortable and there was plenty of space in the dorm.

Great hostel within easy reach of Subway. 20 min train ride to Manhattan. Super easy and stress free :) The first room we were in was huge compared to other hostel rooms, with only three people in it and private bathroom! We were moved to another room during our stay (maintenance reasons) wich was just as nice as the first one. Very nice little supermarket on the way to the Subway, so we could easily get our stuff for breakfast. There's always free tea and coffee - real coffee, not just Nescafé!

I spent two nights, subway is about 10 mins walk. They have storage, very kind of them to hold the luggage when you arrive early before check in time. I was in a female dorm, the room was very big, with a private bathroom and shower, the shower was working great with hot water. But the heat wasn't quite working, it was cold at night! There aren't seem to be any age limits for booking here, I shared with two old women, they were kind but snored really loud at night, haha

I think the hostel location is very good which is not far from subway and easy to find. the room is not dirty but bed mattress is not good and room was cold at night. there is an excellent restaurant as neighbor what name is ''Roberta's Pizza''. I would be back in summer.....not winter ^-^

• 13th Dec 2014