NY Moore Hostel Reviews

179 Moore Street, New York, USA

I loved the staff the most! Great area of Brooklyn and most important, close to the subway to Manhattan. I recommend Boulevard Cafe as well- friendly staff and good coffee :)

• 24th Nov 2014

So good I extended my stay. Room, bathroom are big and clean and has aircon/heater, lockers. Short walk to the subway which leads straight to Manhattan and from there you can go anywhere! Also a short walk to a supermarket for cheap meals. Looks like an unsafe area but it's not, just factories. I had no trouble walking to the supermarket at 10.30pm by myself and I'm a small guy. It's full of hipsters haha. Loved my stay!

I really enjoyed my stay there. It feels homey. The staff is excellent, hospitable, helpful and has an great attitude. I would definitely stay again. Ny Moore Hostel simply rocks.

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Turkey

helpful staff. 24 hour reception. Good WiFi. clean rooms.

Very good location to visit NYC.

• 30th Oct 2014

Good - easy subway to city, did printing free of charge, room pretty spacious Bad - $3 for a towel, no powerpoints / shelves anywhere near top bunk (difficult to charge at night), no lockers in bedroom (outside), neighbourhood felt a little ghetto (but safe enough)

• 23rd Oct 2014

We appreciate your feedback. Most rooms have lockers inside the rooms - otherwise they are right outside in the hallway to keep the dorms spacious! Check out our upgrades on your next visit!

Good service. We liked our stay at this hostel.

• 21st Oct 2014

Excellent stay. Lovely big rooms. I did 3 bed female ensuite ( massive ). Especially after staying in hol inn near times sq. was smaller at bloody expensive. Walking there it's little scarey as past factories. Once you used to it 10 mins rfrom subway. And your in between 3 stations. No breakfast yet. And really Cosy common room

I stayed for 4 nights, Staff was great, super friendly and helpful. The location is right off the L train, easy access to Manhattan and Brooklyn. Didn't have any complaints.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Unfortunately i didnt have a nice experience at this hostel. My room did not look like the one on hostelworld at all. The place was not as clean as the previous reviewers stated. Last but not least weird characters around... Homeless people and crackheads. The area does not look safe at all. I wouldnt book there again and i wouldnt recommend it either.

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience. Cleanliness is definitely a priority for us, and our guests typically compliment us on this. Our property does not accept NYS residents to focus our atmosphere on travelers from all over the world. The area has many industrial businesses and converted warehouse spaces that are inhabited by artists, musicians, and students-- this is a safe and trendy neighborhood in NYC!

The hostel is in Williamsburg. If you are not familiar with NYC then it may appear like a sketchy neighborhood, but Its a diverse neighborhood with a mixture of young hipster types, immigrants, and families. Like any big cities, you just have to be smart and take care with regards to your safety etc, but I personally had no issues.

• 30th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

By far the best hostel I stayed in NYC. Rooms are big (shared a 3-bed dorm that looked like a hotel room), the hostel looks recently renovated, very nice staff and in a growing hipster neighborhood, that, if not pretty (it's a mostly industrial street), is being gentrified and occupied by trendy businesses, like Roberta's pizza parlor, the Swallow Café and Pine Box Rock Shop. Very close to the subway and 10 minutes from Williamsburg.

It's not for from metro station but walk way from metro to hostel it's not so safe.And some facilities are not same average other hostel have.

A great place for me. I came back for a nite again before I leave for JFK this evening. Friendly staff who had assisted me to get lunch or to go to Manhattan. Doug Soo from Singapore

Really lovely hostel! The staff were really helpful!!

• 15th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

One of the best places in Brooklyn.

I can really recommend this hostel. The location was good, the staff always nice and helpful und our room was very clean. I would always stay there again.

• 10th Sep 2014

Great location, very expensive for what you get but then again it is NYC! The staff were very helpful and understanding! I had an incident with my booking and had to change it last minute due to something going wrong and they were very understanding and didn't charge me extra! Not the most social hostel but I didn't stay there too long so not sure if I could fully judge this! Beautiful rooms and facilities!

Great place with bright, clean and spacious rooms. The staff were wonderful and the communal rooms were welcoming and clean. Close to to subways stations so if you are okay with a bit of a commute to Manhatten, this is the place to stay!

• 3rd Sep 2014

I loved the 'dorm rooms' at this hostel! There's only 3 beds in each room and one of them is a double! First in first served for the big one obviously but still a huge plus! The tv area is amazing with big old couches and awesome decor. It's worth the money you pay and the subway is just round the corner. I will be staying here again next time I find myself in NYC 😊😊

« first « Prev 1 2 3