8.5
Fabulous 805 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 805 Total Reviews
NY Moore Hostel Located at 179 Moore Street, , New York.
USA
New York NY 11206 179 Moore Street
85% 805
40.7041227 -73.9376988
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 31-40
25th Sep 2016
6.9

I was really disappointed in the cleanliness of the bathrooms. The tile was moldy and the door itself had years of caked on hand prints. It was pretty gross. The common areas were pretty cool and the atmosphere was awesome inside. A few blocks from up and coming hip bars and shops but the closest subway station was accessible by walking through industrial areas for shipping and receiving with big trucks.

22nd Sep 2016
7.1

My review: about 20 minutes from downtown Manhattan, 40 to town square. This didn't bother me as I just brought everything I needed so I wouldn't need to make trips back to the hostel until night for sleeping. No locked storage in room but storage is available with lockers in the hallway. I didn't necessarily care as I felt safe with just the lock in the hostel as it has a safe atmosphere. I would stay again.

• USA, Male, 25-30
19th Sep 2016

I really enjoyed my stay here. Super friendly staff and the art inside and out was really cool. They provide you with a list of things to see and do and help you with any questions you have. I definitely recommend this place to anyone and would probably stay again in the future. Staff also goes out of their way to make sure you're okay. Thank you Moore Hostel!

• USA, Female, 41+
18th Sep 2016

The location was more convenient than I expected. The best part was the staff--friendly, well-informed, courteous and helpful. Great people!

• England, Male, 18-24
10th Sep 2016

Excellent hostel would use again when in New York

• maggiebish108991
  • Australia, Female, 41+
7th Sep 2016

The staff at this hostel were all exceptional. This made my stay welcoming and reassuring when I had any queries. Also good kitchen and other facilities. Very clean. Thanks Moore!

• Turkey, All Male Group, 18-24
7th Sep 2016

Pretty cozy place, great atmosphere and friendly staff. Stayed only a single night but I know where I'll be staying next time I am in NYC. If you are looking for something underground or kind-of-hipsteresque instead of cliche touristic atmosphere of Manhattan then you are going to enjoy this place.

5th Sep 2016

Stayed for a week at beginning of Sept. All rooms have AC which is great. Lockers available in corridors. Common areas are good but should have TV room separate - there is always someone who wants it on constantly. Location is good - 30 mins from Manhatten and loads of hipster bars and restaurants a block away. Had no problems returning late at night. No organised social events when I was there, which is a shame. For the price I would expect a full breakfast, though they do offer fruit.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
5th Sep 2016
5.7

very dirty and no breakfast included, 10min walk to the subway is ok, just for sleeping its fine but for this the price is to high

• Northern Ireland, Male, 18-24
4th Sep 2016

Amazing facilities! The dorm room was massive and I had a double bed! The dorm also had a massive sofa!