NY Moore Hostel Reviews

179 Moore Street, New York, USA

Great staff, excellent rooms. Very enjoyable stay.

So good I extended my stay. Room, bathroom are big and clean and has aircon/heater, lockers. Short walk to the subway which leads straight to Manhattan and from there you can go anywhere! Also a short walk to a supermarket for cheap meals. Looks like an unsafe area but it's not, just factories. I had no trouble walking to the supermarket at 10.30pm by myself and I'm a small guy. It's full of hipsters haha. Loved my stay!

I really enjoyed my stay there. It feels homey. The staff is excellent, hospitable, helpful and has an great attitude. I would definitely stay again. Ny Moore Hostel simply rocks.

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Turkey

helpful staff. 24 hour reception. Good WiFi. clean rooms.

Very good location to visit NYC.

• 30th Oct 2014

Good - easy subway to city, did printing free of charge, room pretty spacious Bad - $3 for a towel, no powerpoints / shelves anywhere near top bunk (difficult to charge at night), no lockers in bedroom (outside), neighbourhood felt a little ghetto (but safe enough)

• 23rd Oct 2014

We appreciate your feedback. Most rooms have lockers inside the rooms - otherwise they are right outside in the hallway to keep the dorms spacious! Check out our upgrades on your next visit!

Good service. We liked our stay at this hostel.

• 21st Oct 2014

Excellent stay. Lovely big rooms. I did 3 bed female ensuite ( massive ). Especially after staying in hol inn near times sq. was smaller at bloody expensive. Walking there it's little scarey as past factories. Once you used to it 10 mins rfrom subway. And your in between 3 stations. No breakfast yet. And really Cosy common room

I stayed for 4 nights, Staff was great, super friendly and helpful. The location is right off the L train, easy access to Manhattan and Brooklyn. Didn't have any complaints.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Unfortunately i didnt have a nice experience at this hostel. My room did not look like the one on hostelworld at all. The place was not as clean as the previous reviewers stated. Last but not least weird characters around... Homeless people and crackheads. The area does not look safe at all. I wouldnt book there again and i wouldnt recommend it either.

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience. Cleanliness is definitely a priority for us, and our guests typically compliment us on this. Our property does not accept NYS residents to focus our atmosphere on travelers from all over the world. The area has many industrial businesses and converted warehouse spaces that are inhabited by artists, musicians, and students-- this is a safe and trendy neighborhood in NYC!

The hostel is in Williamsburg. If you are not familiar with NYC then it may appear like a sketchy neighborhood, but Its a diverse neighborhood with a mixture of young hipster types, immigrants, and families. Like any big cities, you just have to be smart and take care with regards to your safety etc, but I personally had no issues.

• 30th Sep 2014