NY Moore Hostel Reviews

179 Moore Street, New York, USA

The Hostel is good located and the stuff is very kind and helpful. Only the atmosphere was not like in some other hostels, because the common room was not so busy and it was not so easy to get in contact to other people. But anyway I met nice guys and had a good time there!

• 20th Aug 2014

Staff were friendly. Liked the large size of the dorm. It was good that there were only 3 people per dorm. It was unfortunate that a homeless person checked into my dorm during my stay. I did speak to staff about this and they said the girl's family had made the reservation online for her so they could not turn her away. It was just an unpleasant experience sharing the dorm with someone so dirty, with a bag of trash. I got bites around my ankles from bugs, another girl said she got bites too.

if you are lucky to have two other roommates, Moore is a wonderful hotel other than a hostel

I loved the hostel. It's quite close to the subway, the staff is great and the atmosphere fantastic. The room had only three bads and I got lucky to get a very big one. The bathroom was kept clean and the hostel has all needed structure. The only downside to me is that I got the room behind the reception. Don't get this room. You can hear everything and everyone, including the music they play. Other than that, I would sure stay there again if looking for a hostel at NY!

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

The hostel is located in Bushwick, Brooklyn, which is a rather dirty but safe neighborhood. It is about 8 mins walking distance from the L-Subway line, which takes you directly to Manhattan. The Hostel itself is clean and the staff is quite nice. The air in my room was quite bad, because there were no windows and only an very old AC. They have Wi-Fi but it is not working all the time, especially in the evenings when everybody is trying to connect to the network. But overall I enjoyed my stay.

Stayed 4 nights in an all female dorm. Super comfy, big bed

Super kind staff super big beds

This is how a hostel should be. Good location good staff good community area. Just book it

I loved it. It is not a well designed hostel, but my room was really big with bathroom, and people were very nice and helpful. And really loved the way the lockers were on the hallway.

Decent location - Manhattan is only 8 stops away. Williamsburg even closer. Quiet neighborhood. Clean facilities, comfy beds. Had 1 bathroom for dorm of 3: great! Overall, excellent value for money.

Let's get one thing straight, when you go to NYC you stay at New York Loft Hostel. If that is full, you could try this one. It is very average. The customer service was GREAT but everything else was lame. They left the front door open most all night and they are next to "the projects" and they have no security guard. There is no kitchen, not even a sink. the common area feels very awkward. the lockers are in the hallway :/ the AC was very loud. It's not a bad hostel, it's just average.

Staff were absolutely lovely, and gave excellent advice about all sorts (transport, food, sightseeing) Location was close to the station, but you will spend a bit of time on the subway to sights, just part of staying in Brooklyn though!

• 14th Jul 2014

One of better hostels, where I was staying. Neighbourhood doesn't look so good, but there is safe. Hostel is clean, big kitchen, big rooms, kind staff. Great location, about 5 minutes to metro station, in 20 - 30 min, you get to Manhattan. Many bars, restaurants and shops near. Definitely recommended.

Headphones which were provided didn't work.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

The dorm is very simple so don't expect any extra furniture, just a bed and a small table with a table lamp. I was just there for 1 night so it was fine. Bring your own towel or else they will charge you $3 more.

This is definitely the best hostel ever. It's very clean and all the staffs are friendly and nice :) It's really a good neighbor, very convenient. I really love this hostel, highly recommend!

If you book this hostel, make sure you don't get a room outside the courtyard. There are always people talking very loudly and drinking alcohol in the courtyard from midnight-5AM on weekends and you (if you're a light sleeper like me) will not be able to sleep since the walls are not very thick. The rooms and bathrooms are pretty old-fashioned, although I did appreciate the size of the bathroom/room as well as the full-sized bed. Roommates were very nice.

• 27th Jun 2014

I have spent 5 months of my life in hostels and this was the best of the best of the best for me. I spent here 3 weeks and I could rate the place based on atmosphere and location but that doesn't tell you anything about the intangibles. The staff is extremely friendly, they comforted me during my first days in the US and it had such a great impact on my stay later. I'm going to be thankful for that forever!

keep on purveying happiness!

This is one of the best hostels I staid at! The staff is amazing. The rooms are very spacious with big beds. There were a lot of solo travelers and the courtyard especially is great for meeting people. Lots of people didn't even want to leave the hostel to go out in the evening because the atmosphere in the hostel itself was so great. Let the good times roll!

• 22nd Jun 2014