NY Moore Hostel Reviews

179 Moore Street, New York, USA

Highly recommend. Was a great place to be based in NYC. :)

• 28th Apr 2015

I was initially concerned about rooming with other folks, but as it turned out they were perfectly nice and fun to talk to. The other customers were fun (though a little loud at night sometimes -- what can I say, I'm old.) The staff was also quite friendly & helpful. Only thing I felt was lacking, I wish the public computers were better equipped. Other than that I had a fun, easy time! Trip was a political conference.

• 24th Apr 2015

Nice hostel with very friendly staff and spacious rooms. However, I found it too expensive on the weekends so I left for another hostel.

Really enjoyed my stay here. I felt really safe and at home. Never had any issues, all the staff are lovely. Only let down is cleaning. Cleaners are supposed to come once a day but not too sure what they actually get done as floor was very dusty and dirty in the room, you have to wear shoes, socks or constantly wipe your feet. Also in my 3week stay there was a lot of mold on the shower curtain that was never addressed, pretty disgusting. The cleaners need to do more than just a 5minute job.

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Great location, friendly staff, I will recommend this place to my friends

• 17th Apr 2015

wonderful hostel ;)

• 11th Apr 2015

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Awesome common area and large kitchen. Dorm rooms are also incredibly nice and even more hotel like, with tables and chairs present in my room. Value for money wise, I can't really fault it, as it is in New York and everywhere is expensive here.

Great place to stay. Felt very comfortable there and it was a good location with easy access to Manhattan and Williamsburg. Some nights it just felt like a place to sleep, but on the weekend I really got the hostel vibe because a whole bunch of us from the around the world meet in the lounge and decided to go out together. Also the staff is great and helpful, and they really make you feel welcome.

• 9th Apr 2015

NY Moore Hostel was a brilliant place to stay. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the rooms were spacious, clean and well-kept. Would stay here again while in New York.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Very good hostel, excellent value for money

Good place actually, friendly staff

This is a fantastic hostel. The rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable and secure. More like studio apartments than dorm rooms. The staff are very friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. The facilities are good and all necessary amenities nearby. Subway stations are about 5 minutes walk away and you can be in the middle of Manhattan within half an hour. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend.

It was all we hoped for. Excellent staff and the rooms are beautiful! We had the smell of a cigar in our bathroom but we learned it was from a short circuit that they were correcting. Our group was very pleased and we will be back again!

Had a great stay for a week. Cool hostel and not to far to Manhattan.

The staff were really helpful and lovely however I don't think I'd stay here again as the Bed was really uncomfortable. The heating was good, perhaps a little too warm as it was -8 and I left the windows open but i overheard that other rooms were too cold to sleep in so there could be some problems there. Massive rooms though you could fit 10 people in their 3 bed room.

We are very sorry to hear that your bed was not comfortable. NY Moore hostel is in the process right now of switching out our old beds. We hope you change your mind about coming back!

The hostel has a run down feeling despite it being listed as having been recently renovated. Felt like a bait and switch.

Except for the Creepy, Gay, French Big Guy Roommate I had who tried to sneak on me while I was sleeping in the middle of the night, lights off, only to accuse me of "snoring" loudly (What the heck! This is a Shared Hostel Room!), and that prompted me to transfer to another room the following day, that was the only "traumatic" experience I had here. And also, except maybe for the location, everything else in this hostel is PERFECT in my humble opinion. Great Bedroom, Staff, Kitchen, Common Areas!

1 2 Next » last »