NY Moore Hostel Reviews

179 Moore Street, New York, USA

I stayed in NY Moore hostel along with my parents.6 mins away from nearest subway stn. Staff graciously gave us room on ground floor, it was easy for my parents (senior citizens) to maneuver. Rooms were clean and spacious. Ensuit restroom was clean and provided hot water in shower. They have one full fledged kitchen ( downstairs) and coffee station on ground floor. We will surely stay there again.

• 19th Jul 2015
  • India

A great place to stay!

The hostel was great. Thanks Royce

It was a good hostel, the staff was friendly, the location worried me a little at first, but it's just a part of old New York. It's a tough city. The only problem I had is one staff member woke me up when I fell asleep in the lounge, I can understand their point, it was just annoying because I hadn't known about it being a rule before hand. I felt like I had done something wrong without the knowledge to have done it right.

Good location with great service. Keep it up.

• 14th Jul 2015

Staff went above and beyond to make sure a friend who came a day later was in my room. They were awesome even though she had booked for a different room.

Well located, close to stations. Friendly staff. Rooms are a little bit noisy, lot of airplanes flying above.

Staff were super friendly, the rooms were great and spacious, I was really happy with my stay. The only thing I think needs improving is cleanliness - specifically vacuuming and giving the shower a good clean. Thank you so much!

• 18th Jun 2015

i like them, they gave me the biggest bed in the dorm room!

As a travelling comedian I definitely recommend this hostel! The staff is awesome and really take pride in keeping the hostel clean and secure. It is an incredible value if you need privacy or plan on being social. It's one of the few hostels that does things right and is willing to help at all hours. A+

• 16th Jun 2015

Very much enjoyed my stay here. Staff were amazing and of course the girls were gorgeous! I highly recommend for a stay!

• 16th Jun 2015

The first night I stayed in the hostel was nice and there were no problems. However, the second night I could not get much sleep because staff and guests were talking very loudly just outside my room. My room was just next to the front desk and the walls were very thin so I could hear everything that was going on when people entered the hostel. The nextday I was scolded for taking a nap on the couches, but it was staff that had kept me awake the night before.

The staff was super friendly and informative. They did a wonderful job of telling you what there is to do in the area.

• 15th Jun 2015

The hostel itself was great but I had terrible luck with roommates in my dorm. One woman left piles of unwashed clothes all over the room and was extremely loud very late at night. Another woman was perfectly nice, but had the loudest and most irregular and intrusive snoring I've ever heard. That said, the room was great, the hostel facilities were as described, the staff were super helpful, and the neighborhood is vibrant. I'm just salty over the roommates, which the hostel can't really control

• 12th Jun 2015

The staff was awesome and I loved the art on the walls!

• 12th Jun 2015

Very clean, spacious, comfortable, super friendly staff and free coffee. No complaints at all. Just two things to mention - towels are $3 and they provide plastic disposable cups, plates and bowls - good to save on washing up but not so good for the environment or if you're planning on microwaving anything. Overall I'd definitely stay here again, I really enjoyed my visit.

• 7th Jun 2015

The bed was old. The springs in the bed could come out any time. I felt like I was sleeping on the springs instead of comfy cushion.

Good service and very friendly staff. Thanks!

• 26th May 2015
  • Colombia

I am four time combat veteran that suffers from PTSD and I was leery about visiting New York as a whole. However the staff at the Moore Street Hostel were great. They gave me clear and concise information about the local area, where to park, how to use the subway system, and area’s to stay out of. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. Safety is very import to me and is very hard to find outside of the confides of my own home. However I felt very safe throughout my stay. I will stay at

• 26th May 2015

Thank you for this heart-warming review. The staff here at NY Moore is so glad to know that you felt comfortable enough with us to enjoy your time in New York!

Staff were kind, patient, and helpful. It was clean.

• 25th May 2015