NY Moore Hostel Reviews

179 Moore Street, New York, USA

The Hostel is good located and the stuff is very kind and helpful. Only the atmosphere was not like in some other hostels, because the common room was not so busy and it was not so easy to get in contact to other people. But anyway I met nice guys and had a good time there!

• 20th Aug 2014

Staff were friendly. Liked the large size of the dorm. It was good that there were only 3 people per dorm. It was unfortunate that a homeless person checked into my dorm during my stay. I did speak to staff about this and they said the girl's family had made the reservation online for her so they could not turn her away. It was just an unpleasant experience sharing the dorm with someone so dirty, with a bag of trash. I got bites around my ankles from bugs, another girl said she got bites too.

if you are lucky to have two other roommates, Moore is a wonderful hotel other than a hostel

I loved the hostel. It's quite close to the subway, the staff is great and the atmosphere fantastic. The room had only three bads and I got lucky to get a very big one. The bathroom was kept clean and the hostel has all needed structure. The only downside to me is that I got the room behind the reception. Don't get this room. You can hear everything and everyone, including the music they play. Other than that, I would sure stay there again if looking for a hostel at NY!

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

The hostel is located in Bushwick, Brooklyn, which is a rather dirty but safe neighborhood. It is about 8 mins walking distance from the L-Subway line, which takes you directly to Manhattan. The Hostel itself is clean and the staff is quite nice. The air in my room was quite bad, because there were no windows and only an very old AC. They have Wi-Fi but it is not working all the time, especially in the evenings when everybody is trying to connect to the network. But overall I enjoyed my stay.

Stayed 4 nights in an all female dorm. Super comfy, big bed

Super kind staff super big beds

This is how a hostel should be. Good location good staff good community area. Just book it

1 2 3 Next » last »