NY Moore Hostel Reviews

179 Moore Street, New York, USA

i like them, they gave me the biggest bed in the dorm room!

Very much enjoyed my stay here. Staff were amazing and of course the girls were gorgeous! I highly recommend for a stay!

• 16th Jun 2015

The first night I stayed in the hostel was nice and there were no problems. However, the second night I could not get much sleep because staff and guests were talking very loudly just outside my room. My room was just next to the front desk and the walls were very thin so I could hear everything that was going on when people entered the hostel. The nextday I was scolded for taking a nap on the couches, but it was staff that had kept me awake the night before.

The staff was super friendly and informative. They did a wonderful job of telling you what there is to do in the area.

• 15th Jun 2015

The hostel itself was great but I had terrible luck with roommates in my dorm. One woman left piles of unwashed clothes all over the room and was extremely loud very late at night. Another woman was perfectly nice, but had the loudest and most irregular and intrusive snoring I've ever heard. That said, the room was great, the hostel facilities were as described, the staff were super helpful, and the neighborhood is vibrant. I'm just salty over the roommates, which the hostel can't really control

• 12th Jun 2015

The staff was awesome and I loved the art on the walls!

• 12th Jun 2015

Very clean, spacious, comfortable, super friendly staff and free coffee. No complaints at all. Just two things to mention - towels are $3 and they provide plastic disposable cups, plates and bowls - good to save on washing up but not so good for the environment or if you're planning on microwaving anything. Overall I'd definitely stay here again, I really enjoyed my visit.

• 7th Jun 2015

The bed was old. The springs in the bed could come out any time. I felt like I was sleeping on the springs instead of comfy cushion.

Good service and very friendly staff. Thanks!

• 26th May 2015
  • Colombia

I am four time combat veteran that suffers from PTSD and I was leery about visiting New York as a whole. However the staff at the Moore Street Hostel were great. They gave me clear and concise information about the local area, where to park, how to use the subway system, and area’s to stay out of. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. Safety is very import to me and is very hard to find outside of the confides of my own home. However I felt very safe throughout my stay. I will stay at

• 26th May 2015

Thank you for this heart-warming review. The staff here at NY Moore is so glad to know that you felt comfortable enough with us to enjoy your time in New York!

Staff were kind, patient, and helpful. It was clean.

• 25th May 2015

Nice clean hostel. Not super central but easy access to public transport. Close to Williamsburg which is a really cool suburb. Had to move rooms on my 3rd night as I hadn't booked in advance which was a bit annoying, but understandable. A bit expensive for what it was but I would stay again.

Unfortunately if the 'L' train isn't working after 11:45pm it can take a long time to get to the hostel.

The Moore hostel is just "ok". I think that the price per night is too high, considering location and what you get, But this is what happens when you book last minute. It was ridiculous that here we had to pay 3$ for renting a towel! - My last time in NYC I slept closer to Manhattan, in nicer neighborhood, towels were included, the hostel was better and it was still cheaper that my stay at NY Moore.

Brilliant hostel, in a decent location (it's rather trendy, and bustling with activity). The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly. Great value for money; ideal if you're on a budget. I would definitely stay there again on future visits to New York.

Friendly staff, good location - perfect for new york first timers on a budget. Would highly recommend.

Everything was great however could you please put a curfew on the outside lounge area? People were talking loudly at 3am hanging out there and it woke us up.

A really cool place in a cool neighborhood.

I got my camera stolen. Further than that, I liked the hostel very much

The staff was amazing. They really help you with everything. The facilities are very well equipped: kitchens, lounge, TV, great WI-FI, internal yard,. The rooms are nice and clean. You can buy anything you might need from their vending machines (soap, cosmetics, lockers, food, drinks). Public transport is excellent, you have many options from to take from the hostel. The only thing that might be a bit negative is that the neighborhood does not strike you as the safest place at night.

• 30th Apr 2015