8.5
Fabulous 644 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 644 Total Reviews
NY Moore Hostel Located at 179 Moore Street, , New York.
USA
New York NY 11206 179 Moore Street
85% 644
40.7041227 -73.9376988
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 18-24
23rd Apr 2016
8.0

The Moore Hostel had friendly staff and good facilities. I stayed in a four-bed female dorm, which was spacious and had its own full bathroom. Free coffee in the kitchenette was also a plus! I didn't go downstairs to the full kitchen, but they have that too. No major complaints; the only minor negative things I can think of were that my bed was creaky and not the most comfortable (which is pretty normal for a hostel), and I saw a big old centipede on the wall by my bed. Overall, good value.

18th Apr 2016

NY Moore Hostel is a great place to stay at! Everybody is super friendly and chill. The rooms are very clean and well maintained :). My favorite thing about this hostel is the dope artwork all around the hostel. It's also very close to subway and has a few local spots to get some good food. Check out the empanadas and alcapurrias from La Isla Cuchifritos - so good! I definitely recommend it and am very likely to return!

• Switzerland, Male, 25-30
14th Apr 2016

Great hostel, great location, safe neighborhood, friendly staff. What else would you need?

• USA, Female, 18-24
10th Apr 2016

I enjoyed my stay at NY Moore Hostel. I found the place pretty easily from the train just a few blocks away. I was greeted with genuine help and positivity. Emily was very nice and gave me a lot of options on what I could spend my time doing in the big city. I would definitely stay there again :)

10th Apr 2016

I stayed here years ago and it was great then, now it's even better. Happy unpretentious atmosphere. I was there for a free pizza night and comedy show by local talent held there. Excellent front desk staff. Nice kitchen, free coffee. Great up and coming Brooklyn neighborhood which has attracted a creative subculture of it's own. Beds supercomfy, showers and bathrooms are spacious. Spotlessly clean. I rarely give a 100% review, but I really can't think of a negative.

• USA, Male, 18-24
7th Apr 2016

Besides the fact anyone can walk in, day or night, the hostel was a good value for your pocket. The staff really took the time to make sure you were set and understood the layout of the hostel before sending you on your way. Also, you'll find all types of travelers there to connect with. There's a corner store where basic sandwiches and groceries can be bought. If you walk about 10 mins toward Montrose street, you'll find a variety of different shops to choose from.

7th Apr 2016

A great place to stay. The building is nice, the staff were great and it felt super safe. The neighborhood is a little bland with only a few places to eat near by but it's really close to two metro stations so it's easy to get anywhere in the city.

• Philippines, Male, 25-30
6th Apr 2016
7.7

The positive side is that staff are helpful and have good customer service staff like Marcel and Joyce. And good free WiFi access. The negative side, 1. no in-house washer and dryer 2. lockers are outside the room and inconvenient 3. no shower outside, only inside the room. 4. Refrigerator and couches looks old and not so clean 5. not so good neighborhood,

• Australia, Female, 25-30
4th Apr 2016
7.1

Overall I enjoyed my stay at NY Moore. I absolutely loved Roberta's just down the road and have to say, that is what made my stay in Brooklyn. In terms of the room, the spaciousness was awesome but the plastic on the beds made sleeping a bit restless and the bathroom, although tidy, is in need of a bit of a renovation. This hostel was not very social, so the vibe wasn't as good as I'd hoped. BUT I have been staying in excellent hostels elsewhere so I think this did sway my opinion a bit.

29th Mar 2016

Nice place to stay close to a subway stop that takes you to Manhattan and ever thing overall is good