NY Moore Hostel Reviews

179 Moore Street, New York, USA

It's not for from metro station but walk way from metro to hostel it's not so safe.And some facilities are not same average other hostel have.

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Thailand

I can really recommend this hostel. The location was good, the staff always nice and helpful und our room was very clean. I would always stay there again.

• 10th Sep 2014

Great location, very expensive for what you get but then again it is NYC! The staff were very helpful and understanding! I had an incident with my booking and had to change it last minute due to something going wrong and they were very understanding and didn't charge me extra! Not the most social hostel but I didn't stay there too long so not sure if I could fully judge this! Beautiful rooms and facilities!

Great place with bright, clean and spacious rooms. The staff were wonderful and the communal rooms were welcoming and clean. Close to to subways stations so if you are okay with a bit of a commute to Manhatten, this is the place to stay!

• 3rd Sep 2014

I loved the 'dorm rooms' at this hostel! There's only 3 beds in each room and one of them is a double! First in first served for the big one obviously but still a huge plus! The tv area is amazing with big old couches and awesome decor. It's worth the money you pay and the subway is just round the corner. I will be staying here again next time I find myself in NYC 😊😊

I was very comfortable here, thank you all so much!

• 2nd Sep 2014

Good hostel for people that like there privacy because the hostel only has 3 beds a room so it's not to crowded but it's great to meet new people and other travellers I had an awsome time and met some brilliant people but everything was just pretty average tbh

This is a great place to stay if you just want a basic place to sleep, and regroup. They don't offer breakfast or have a bar or social events, but this was fine for me as I like to get out and meet the locals. The location feels a bit sketchy, but really it is very safe. If you get a chance, go check out the street art around the way. The staff will be able to point you in the right direction.

• 1st Sep 2014

space is amply

• 27th Aug 2014
  • China

hostel was easy to find, my room was huge and just three beds in there and mine was a double. the room had an ensuite and air con. basically the room was awesome with a really cool skylight. the price was good also i wished i booked more nights there to be honest.

The Hostel is good located and the stuff is very kind and helpful. Only the atmosphere was not like in some other hostels, because the common room was not so busy and it was not so easy to get in contact to other people. But anyway I met nice guys and had a good time there!

• 20th Aug 2014

Staff were friendly. Liked the large size of the dorm. It was good that there were only 3 people per dorm. It was unfortunate that a homeless person checked into my dorm during my stay. I did speak to staff about this and they said the girl's family had made the reservation online for her so they could not turn her away. It was just an unpleasant experience sharing the dorm with someone so dirty, with a bag of trash. I got bites around my ankles from bugs, another girl said she got bites too.

if you are lucky to have two other roommates, Moore is a wonderful hotel other than a hostel

I loved the hostel. It's quite close to the subway, the staff is great and the atmosphere fantastic. The room had only three bads and I got lucky to get a very big one. The bathroom was kept clean and the hostel has all needed structure. The only downside to me is that I got the room behind the reception. Don't get this room. You can hear everything and everyone, including the music they play. Other than that, I would sure stay there again if looking for a hostel at NY!

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

The hostel is located in Bushwick, Brooklyn, which is a rather dirty but safe neighborhood. It is about 8 mins walking distance from the L-Subway line, which takes you directly to Manhattan. The Hostel itself is clean and the staff is quite nice. The air in my room was quite bad, because there were no windows and only an very old AC. They have Wi-Fi but it is not working all the time, especially in the evenings when everybody is trying to connect to the network. But overall I enjoyed my stay.

Stayed 4 nights in an all female dorm. Super comfy, big bed

Super kind staff super big beds

This is how a hostel should be. Good location good staff good community area. Just book it

I loved it. It is not a well designed hostel, but my room was really big with bathroom, and people were very nice and helpful. And really loved the way the lockers were on the hallway.

Decent location - Manhattan is only 8 stops away. Williamsburg even closer. Quiet neighborhood. Clean facilities, comfy beds. Had 1 bathroom for dorm of 3: great! Overall, excellent value for money.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7