Nadi Downtown Hotel Reviews

P.O.BOX 1326, Main Street, Nadi, Nadi, Fiji

Not many options in Nadi, but the Downtown Hotel was a good option for a stopover for a late flight and then an early bus elsewhere. The free airport pickup worked well, the water in the shower was hot, the room clean and the staff friendly. An easy walk next day to the bus station.

I regreted staying at Nadi downtown, you better book one of the hostels in Wailoaloa then in downtown if you are a single traveller: the wifi isn't free, 5 FJ an hour, they didn't recommended me to go out by myself after dark, this is not a hostel, they just have one dorm room and there are no lockers. I met someone that stayd in the hostel in the same time an all her money were stollen from the room (1000 FJ). The breakfast was ok: toast, orange juice and coffee/tea but security is minimum...

Don't go here. I don't usually write reviews but I feel like I should here. On the way to the hotel AND my room the driver asks for a tip, the staff harassed me to buy a day trip when I clearly stated I didn't want it and then haggled me down $50 from his original price. There was no lock on the door and the room was dirty. I've stayed in bad places in India an Africa but my god was this bad. I was so disgusted I stayed there for one hour and booked another place straight away. You'll regret it.

• 24th May 2014

Bula Ben, Thanks for your feedback about our staffs and hotel. I would really appreciate if you could advise what time you checked in at the Hotel. We as management work very hard to keep our guest happy and offer our best service. I also like to mentioned you that you booked Dorm and you mentioned about our rooms which is not correct, Guest booking for dorms will accept messy dorms because its a shared mix dorms. All our rooms have locks as you have mentioned.I will take action on my staffs

My friend and I stayed in the dorm it was very clean and very nice . Very much worth staying there it is cheap and a better location than many of the other hostels it is near bus stops and shops . The staff wee very friendly and helpful and good airport shuttle service .

• 11th Apr 2014

Good location if you need to work/be in town. Staff on the whole are friendly. The area becomes a bit seedy when it gets dark and there are several clubs around that make sleeping very difficult. Poor wifi service that is only accessible at the reception area. A lot of construction going on at the hotel at the moment - work starts early, even on weekends which was a bit annoying! The hotel does not unfortunately live up to the photos posted.

• 21st Jul 2013
  • Kenya

taxi driver for the hotel was lovely and so were the waiting staff, but lady at reception very cold, no smile and very unwelcoming. the room, the most basic i have ever stayed in. even tho we booked the deluxe ensuite. no air-con, no hot water. very very disappointed. right next to a karoke bar, and for weary travellers this is not good. on a good note, vjay down in the bar was great, very friendly.

I was asked to pay 20% extra fee. Air condition was broken and celling fan was too loud. The building is under construction, so wood screen are everywhere.

• 19th Sep 2012
  • Japan

Always improving on a fundamentally comprehensive service

Conveniently located and basic for budget traveler; clean room, basic beddings, hot water. The staff were good, I think if they are given more hospitality and customer service training, they will be able to deliver. The noise from the club next door was something I did not enjoy hence I felt tired the next day.

• 19th Jul 2012
  • Papua New Guinea

The place is not clean, are under construction and the fourth fan makes more noise than a plane taking off. It has no kitchen and the internet is not free.

was a lovely, friendly hostel everyone was very helpful with bookings for the islands and the staff made you feel very welcome. we enjoyed our stay.

• 8th Mar 2012

What a DUMP. I have stayed in hostels all over the world and am not picky by ANY means, but this place seriously needs to be visited by a health inspector. I WATCHED the cleaning lady "clean" the rooms and NOT change any of the pillowcases in the dorm rooms and then I watched her sweep the floors and pick up the piles of rubbish and dust she swept with her bare hands and then touch all the "clean" bedding! Always a crowd of hagglers in front of the place, Save yourself and go somewhere else!

A real backpacker grunge spot, but cheap. Staf where heapful and friendly.

No hot water, the shower tap is broken and the water fall down to the floor all night long, so annoying. There is somewhere a night club with annoying sound all night long, can't sleep all night. the staff is good. the location is just at the town center and you can walk along the main street

• 9th Sep 2011
  • China

Had fun in Nadi downtown backpackers. Good Location and you get free transfer. We had Kava (Fiji's national drink) on the first night with 'Dave', an extremely friendly staff member. Then we headed off for 13 nights on 3 islands, Mana, Malolo and Bounty (a package that the hotel sold us). We enjoyed our time on each island, each one offers a different experience. The hotel is basically a drop in. We only spent 2 nights there our first and last before carrying on to NZ on our RTW trip.

• 11th Aug 2011

Downtown hostel was centrally located within the main Nadi area, a short walk from the supermarkets made it a decent location. As for activities there was not alot to do, but as we were merely here for a cheap stop off until we went to the islands it was a great place to stay. We also booked our island trip with the hostel and it was very cheap (after a little haggling) and the place they booked for us was an unforgettable place.

• 17th Jul 2011

We stayed here for our first 3nights in Fiji, the place is just perfect :)

Obviously the beach resorts are better but if you are arriving late into Nadi with an early flight it's a great deal. Also you can easily get to all the good restirants in town instead of buying expensive "hostel resort" food.

Nadi Backpacker is a safe place where to stop and have a rest or plan your trips. The staff is very frendly and helpful. Rooms are clean. Pick up service from airport is very good and necessary if, as me, you arrive at night. They also helped me to book my diving course and other trips with a good discount, I know because I checked prices from other agencies and offices. Lo consiglio ai backpackers italiani, i prezzi sono ottimi, la pulizia buona e lo staff molto disponibile.

We were picked up at the airport no problem & taken straight to the hostel where we were greeted with Kava. The hostel is perfect for backpackers right near all the shops & centrally located. The staff Dave & Raju sorted our entire trip & saved us some money too with a couple of free nights so we had no stress! The rooms are what a backpacker needs clean, with own bathroom, it's a great place for making new friends. I have no complaints & would definately come back & recommend it

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4