Nagano Yudanaka Shimaya Reviews

3075, Hirao, Yamanouchi-machi, Nagano Snow Monkey Park, Japan

Mr Yumoto took care of us and made sure we got to our locations on time. I am hoping I will be able to come back with my wife in the future. Spent two days there. Had great sushi (twice) down the road by Mr Yumoto recommendations. Also went to the sake museum up the road and tasted a lot of sake. Took some great photos at the Monkey park... www.flickr.com/johnessl

• 30th Mar 2014

The staff were superb and really helpful, i don't think I have stayed at a place where the staff have been as helpful. Really made you feel special

Only had a brief one night stay but Mr Yomoto made us feel so welcome. Walking boots provided for the snow park. So kind and helpful driving us to/from the snow park.

• 6th Mar 2014

This ryokan is so quaint! The people working there are mostly seniors but they are all so sweet and kind! The owner even drove us to the snow monkey park and picked us up when we were done too! They even have their own private outdoor onsen which can be reserved for 50 minute periods. It was amazing!!! Highly recommended without a second thought!!!

The performance and kindness of the staff was outstanding. We travelled around the world, we stayed in 5 Star class hotels, but we have never experienced that kind of service quality before.

• 24th Jan 2014

Mr Yumoto is an excellent host. He offered to send us to Snow monkey park on a rainy day. He even lent us umbrellas and walk boots for the muddy trail. After our walk, Mrs. Yumoto picked us up from the monkey park. She let us keep the umbrella after dropping us off at the town as it was still raining. The restaurant they recommended served good soba. All in all, Shimaya offers good value for money and we had an enjoyable day at Yudanaka.

• 9th Dec 2013
  • Malaysia
  • Mixed Group, 41+

It was a great decision to stay at this place!!! The owner is really nice, drove me to the monkeys and recommended me where to eat and a wonderful private onsen. The rooms are sooo nice and I could relax and feel really comfortable. After a busy day I had a wonderful evening. I really can recommend it for anyone and please listen to the recommondations of the owner! I had a wonderful day!!! Thank you

Clean place, good food and especially a really friendly and accommodating family who runs the inn.

Vert cool place. It's a bit unclear what is included in the price of the stay, what is added on, like a ride to the monkey park and the onsens. Our room was fabulous. We thought the room had a shared bathroom, but to our surprise, we had our own bathroom. Easy access from train station.

• 20th Oct 2013

excellent guest house. Owners are extremely kind and helpful and will try their best to ensure you enjoy your stay. Recommendations for things to do, places to eat, visit to the mountains and nearby towns, book private outdoor onsen, ride to monkey park and recommendation for brewery and sake place on walk back from monkey park. good and fulfilling breakfast. Room was large and clean. Highly recommended. Owners are so kind and sweet and work really hard. Highly recommended.

• 13th Oct 2013