Nagasaki International Hostel AKARI Reviews

2-2 Kojiyamachi, Nagasaki, Japan

Toilet and shower rooms are quite small, especially the toilet, quite uncomfortable, and the hot water pressure isn't stable. Staff can speak English very well, but not too enthusiastic. Location is pretty good, very close to city center and Kameyama Shachu.

The guy at the front desk was really friendly and helpful. Couldn't ask for a better location, right along the river! Most things were in walking distance and there is easy access to the tram. The hostel can help you get an all-day pass if you think you will be using it a lot. Most people in the hostel hung out in the common room (it's the only place where you can get wifi), so it was easy to meet people here!

Dorm is tiny and not very nice but the common facilities are alright and location perfect.

This was a really good stay. I would recommend this hostel to anyone and everyone.

Younger male staff was useless and had zero customer service. He asked me to pay them after I paid told me I couldn't use the WiFi until I checked in two hours later. He had no knowledge of local attractions and had an attitude.

• 17th Aug 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful in offering suggestions for what sites to see. The fact that they spoke English well helped a great deal. It is a very clean hostel.

• 13th Aug 2014

A clean and cheap hostel, in a peaceful atmosphere

• 12th Aug 2014

The staff were incredibly helpful - I lost my wallet, and they helped me find it at the local police station. The kitchen area is really nice, with free WiFi and great cooking facilities. I was a little concerned about the fire safety as I stayed on the 4th floor and there seems to be only one escape route (no fire ladders etc.). Other than that, clean and great value.

Very nice hostel and also staff!!

Cheerfull place and Great staff!

Good to stay with value for money

Very helpful staff. Nice clean and organized place.

It was nice staying in your Hostel.

Made my stay in Nagasaki great! Staff was so helpful and kind. Would recommend to anyone going there.

This hostel is in a great location. You can walk to most of the important sites in Nagasaki and the neighborhood itself is charming. However, the hostel itself is just okay. The wifi only seems to work in the common room, so if you're looking for someone to chat with, good luck -- everyone has their noise in their phone. This was also the most expensive hostel that I stayed at in Japan, and I didn't think it was anything special.

The showers were somewhat faulty as the water would be ice cold at one moment and scalding hot the next moment. You might wish to check that out.

first real bad experience experience in japanese hostel : matress were really bad, hot shower only in morning and evening,5 floor, no elevator, no ac in common parts..

the facility is ok but not more. The floors and walls are very thin. The price is quite normal for Japan. The staff is arrogant, sexist and absolutely not interested. The air conditioner was broken in the living room since days, but they weren't able to call the service to fix it and so on.

Nice staff, airco was not functioning in the common area which made it too hot during my stay. They provide one sheet to lay on which results you have a blanket without a sheet..... Not so hygienic. ... They were open for my coments on that.

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3