Nagasaki International Hostel AKARI Reviews

2-2 Kojiyamachi, Nagasaki, Japan

great place but could probably do with more seating in the common room area.

Friendly atmosphere, excellent location!

This was a nice hostel. The staff were very helpful, the other guests were nice and the facilities were good. It is pretty close to the centre of Nagasaki, just two stops away form Nagasaki station on the tram. The staff do laundry for guests but there is no dryer available, so guests need to hang up their clothes outside, or walk to a coin laundry nearby. The internet was a little slow, however. If I visit Nagasaki again I wouldn't hesitate to stay there. It was a really nice hostel.

• 20th Oct 2014

all staffs are very kind and helpful for guests with great information ( great map ). I will ba back again ^^

• 20th Oct 2014
  • Thailand

Everything's good here. all I needed, sleep friendly beds, small kitchen etc. great free guided short local walk . Nice staff. but my stay was too short.

prefect location for travel spots like Spectacles bridge and Kazagashira Park. You can also join the walk around with the locals trip to explore more about the city.

Staff extremely friendly and helpful. They have made their own local map with restaurant recommendations etc, which was great! Unfortunately we didn't get to go on one of the sightseeing walks run by local volunteers from the hostel as these looked interesting. Only small criticism is that quilt on one of our beds had stains on, but was otherwise really clean.

We had a lovely couple of nights at Akari, were had a very friendly greeting and given loads of information about the local area which centered around the hostel this was very helpful upon arrival. The common room had a good atmosphere and the kitchen had all you needed. The rooms were clean too. The mattress was a little bit uncomfortable could feel the springs a bit but nothing so bad as to stop you sleeping. Overall had a great time at this hostel.

The place felt very quiet when I was there, relaxing in some ways, in others too quiet. Wifi didn't reach the top floor and in some ways the place relatively old compared to other hostels in Japan.

Beautiful location with nice acessibility to the streetcar and within walking distance of a few sights. The staff will give you the amazing city map they made, which is so useful and complete that's almost reason enough to stay there. Unfortunately, the bottom bed in the twin room wasn't entirely comfortable. But, overall, it's a nice choice and I would certainly stay there again.

A pleasure to stay at again. Th staff are friendly and incredibly helpful, the area map provided with places to eat, how to get where etc is the most useful thing I've ever seen a hostel provide and I wish more did!

Great staff and helpful information everywhere, love the paper slips for vegetarians with helpful kanji on them, had a great hostel party on the last night of our stay, lots of delicious dumplings made by staff - a great night. Bike hire as well, what more could you need.

• 21st Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Toilet and shower rooms are quite small, especially the toilet, quite uncomfortable, and the hot water pressure isn't stable. Staff can speak English very well, but not too enthusiastic. Location is pretty good, very close to city center and Kameyama Shachu.

The guy at the front desk was really friendly and helpful. Couldn't ask for a better location, right along the river! Most things were in walking distance and there is easy access to the tram. The hostel can help you get an all-day pass if you think you will be using it a lot. Most people in the hostel hung out in the common room (it's the only place where you can get wifi), so it was easy to meet people here!

Dorm is tiny and not very nice but the common facilities are alright and location perfect.

This was a really good stay. I would recommend this hostel to anyone and everyone.

Younger male staff was useless and had zero customer service. He asked me to pay them after I paid told me I couldn't use the WiFi until I checked in two hours later. He had no knowledge of local attractions and had an attitude.

• 17th Aug 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful in offering suggestions for what sites to see. The fact that they spoke English well helped a great deal. It is a very clean hostel.

• 13th Aug 2014

A clean and cheap hostel, in a peaceful atmosphere

• 12th Aug 2014

The staff were incredibly helpful - I lost my wallet, and they helped me find it at the local police station. The kitchen area is really nice, with free WiFi and great cooking facilities. I was a little concerned about the fire safety as I stayed on the 4th floor and there seems to be only one escape route (no fire ladders etc.). Other than that, clean and great value.

« first « Prev 1 2 3