Nagasaki International Hostel AKARI Reviews

2-2 Kojiyamachi, Nagasaki, Japan

Very good hostel! Clean facilities with a nicely disposed common area. Downside is having only one bathroom on the 4th floor, but that wasn't much of a problem. Overall, would stay again and recommend it!

Good location. Close to city center. Staff provided a comprehensive map with description.

• 15th Jan 2016
  • Hong Kong

Very nice place to stay, but it's not like a usual hostel... not many people to talk with, maybe we stayed af the wrong time there. The staff helped us with maps etc but it could be more friendly ;) all in all it was ok

This was at least my 4th time staying at Akari. It's always great and I'll be back next time I come to Japan!

• 4th Jan 2016

great staff and location. can arrange free neighborhood walk with locals.

• 31st Dec 2015

The walking tour was great. I finally understood what goes on in a shrine, and got to chat with a few locals as well! The recommendations by the hostel was also spot on. Will definitely come back again!

• 21st Dec 2015

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in.

• 19th Dec 2015

Great facilities, location and friendly staff with lots of information on what to do in town.

I stayed in a single ensuite which had a double bed. Room was as expected, shower was great though. Easy enough to find, about 15mins walk from Nagasaki JR. Wish the doors/walls were a little thicker but other than that the staff were really friend and helpful. Would recommend for price and location.

Very nice youth hostel, well situated and with friendly staff. We stayed in a twin-bed room that was confortable and convenient, plus clean. I wish the wall were a bit thicker, for we sometimes could hear the other clients in the corridor. The common space had all what a youth hostel can provide for (we could even cook quite serenely) plus handy maps and information about the city and its attractions. We did not try the tour guide with the locals but it seems like an excellent idea.

• 24th Nov 2015

Great location, a short walk from all the main sites of old Nagasaki, as well as the tram stops. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. I've seen better bathroom/toilet facilities but very good value for money.

Wonderful hostel in downtown Nagasaki, 15 minutes walk or so from the main train station, easy access to sights and restaurants by foot or by streetcar. Bed in our private room was a futon, lovely big ensuite bathroom. Staff were very helpful and friendly, and the kitchen and living area are great.

Unfortunately tram route altered just prior to arrival -current tram takes about 20 minutes & not on tram stop information board-caused bit of confusion

Awesome stay at AKARI. We loved the information board and that the staff was so friendly, spoke very good english and even organized a local tour guide for us (for free, just ask them). You'll meet nice guests in the common area, the kitchen is well equipped and the location is convenient to go by foot. Only to the museums you'll rather take the tram. Everything else was walking distance. We really enjoyed our time.

Great place to stay and to meet people, I'll be coming back to this place

This was an excellent choice and locale. The quality to money ratio is outstanding. An excellent idea to stay here if you are passing through Nagasaki.

• 31st Oct 2015

Good place, friendly and helpful staff, great atmosphere! Well situated next to the main tram route!

Very good hostel, friendly and knowledgeable host, highly recommended

wonderful staff. he stayed awake for my arrival and even guided me over email on the tram from the station :)

Nice hostel. Lockers available. A area map with useful suggestions for restaurants/bars/sightseeing is provided.

• 19th Oct 2015