Nagasaki International Hostel AKARI Reviews

2-2 Kojiyamachi, Nagasaki, Japan

Wow, what to say about this hostel. Do not go in the summer. Do not go in the summer. Should you go in the summer? No. I was in a sweat locker with 3 other guys that smelled like the purest, most concentrated distillation of lacrosse sweat east of New Jersey. I felt nauseous every time I entered the room. There is no elevator so good luck if you have heavy luggage and are on the 4th floor. The bunk beds were so close together that I had to leave my luggage upright. At least the staff was helpful

• 25th Jul 2014

first real bad experience experience in japanese hostel : matress were really bad, hot shower only in morning and evening,5 floor, no elevator, no ac in common parts..

Nice staff, airco was not functioning in the common area which made it too hot during my stay. They provide one sheet to lay on which results you have a blanket without a sheet..... Not so hygienic. ... They were open for my coments on that.

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The hostel was very nice and in an awesome location. Only negative thing was that my room was on 4th floor (without elevator) and there was only wifi in the common room. Besides that very nice hostel!

The location is great and easy to reach, but our room was on the 4th floor and there was no elevator. So if you need an elevator, don't stay here. The room itself was clean and the bed slept well. There is also a kitchen with lots of things you can use, among them a water filter so the chlorine taste can be filtered from the tap water. They also provided nice maps with lots of ideas for restaurants to visit and things to do.

staff is friendly and helpful The common area was a bit too small facilities are just average

Lovely traditional style hostel, friendly and helpful staff. Our room was spacious and the bath water was lovely and hot!! Thank you.

• 4th Jul 2014

One of the best hostels so far! Greets from the german couple ;)

The bikes were all broken but other then that it was a great!

Great place, great people ...thank you

• 29th Jun 2014

Great place to stay only strange thing is that your not allowed into the lounge after you check out so make sure you've done any emails or stuff before you check.

Excellent staff. The day I arrived they had a party with food so we could meet the local guides. I don't think they were employed but were there to improve their English and meet new people. This is an excellent idea! I hope more hostels use this idea! The hostel was getting a little old needing some maintenance. The showers I used on the top floor had a hard time staying hot. Apart from that, this hostel is excellent and ideally placed for anyone visiting the city.

The staff is really friendly and helpful and gives Insider tipps.

I loved this hostel. Fantastic location and the staff are very friendly and willing to help. I liked their own persoanlised map listing nice cafes, bars etc in the surrounding area.

Good staff, pleasant place to stay

I stayed at this hostel twice. The first time, it was perfect. I was in the three bed female dorm on the second floor. This time I was in the mixed dorm of the fourth floor. The dorm was fine, but the wifi was not reaching (unlike the previous time). Also, the shower was either boiling or freezing. I did not manage to get anything else. If I did not remember my first stay there, my review would be way worse. However, the location and the atmosphere are awesome.

I thought the common area was not very cosy and inviting to stay and hang out. There was also no music and in the kitchen area you could hardly sit.

• 26th May 2014

Discount card was provided for many sightseeing places.

What a beautiful little hostel! Located in walking distance of the train station, beautiful canal bridges, temples, china town, and downtown Nagasaki I loved this place. Neat and clean traditional Japanese facilities. The small kitchen was perfect for making food and the communal chill space was nice to relax in the evenings. Staff were friendly and there was lots of information on what to see and do posted on the walls of the hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3