Nagasaki International Hostel AKARI Reviews

2-2 Kojiyamachi, Nagasaki, Japan

prefect location for travel spots like Spectacles bridge and Kazagashira Park. You can also join the walk around with the locals trip to explore more about the city.

We had a lovely couple of nights at Akari, were had a very friendly greeting and given loads of information about the local area which centered around the hostel this was very helpful upon arrival. The common room had a good atmosphere and the kitchen had all you needed. The rooms were clean too. The mattress was a little bit uncomfortable could feel the springs a bit but nothing so bad as to stop you sleeping. Overall had a great time at this hostel.

Beautiful location with nice acessibility to the streetcar and within walking distance of a few sights. The staff will give you the amazing city map they made, which is so useful and complete that's almost reason enough to stay there. Unfortunately, the bottom bed in the twin room wasn't entirely comfortable. But, overall, it's a nice choice and I would certainly stay there again.

A pleasure to stay at again. Th staff are friendly and incredibly helpful, the area map provided with places to eat, how to get where etc is the most useful thing I've ever seen a hostel provide and I wish more did!

Great staff and helpful information everywhere, love the paper slips for vegetarians with helpful kanji on them, had a great hostel party on the last night of our stay, lots of delicious dumplings made by staff - a great night. Bike hire as well, what more could you need.

• 21st Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Toilet and shower rooms are quite small, especially the toilet, quite uncomfortable, and the hot water pressure isn't stable. Staff can speak English very well, but not too enthusiastic. Location is pretty good, very close to city center and Kameyama Shachu.

The guy at the front desk was really friendly and helpful. Couldn't ask for a better location, right along the river! Most things were in walking distance and there is easy access to the tram. The hostel can help you get an all-day pass if you think you will be using it a lot. Most people in the hostel hung out in the common room (it's the only place where you can get wifi), so it was easy to meet people here!

Dorm is tiny and not very nice but the common facilities are alright and location perfect.

This was a really good stay. I would recommend this hostel to anyone and everyone.

Younger male staff was useless and had zero customer service. He asked me to pay them after I paid told me I couldn't use the WiFi until I checked in two hours later. He had no knowledge of local attractions and had an attitude.

• 17th Aug 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful in offering suggestions for what sites to see. The fact that they spoke English well helped a great deal. It is a very clean hostel.

• 13th Aug 2014

A clean and cheap hostel, in a peaceful atmosphere

• 12th Aug 2014

The staff were incredibly helpful - I lost my wallet, and they helped me find it at the local police station. The kitchen area is really nice, with free WiFi and great cooking facilities. I was a little concerned about the fire safety as I stayed on the 4th floor and there seems to be only one escape route (no fire ladders etc.). Other than that, clean and great value.

Very nice hostel and also staff!!

Cheerfull place and Great staff!

Good to stay with value for money

Very helpful staff. Nice clean and organized place.

It was nice staying in your Hostel.

Made my stay in Nagasaki great! Staff was so helpful and kind. Would recommend to anyone going there.

This hostel is in a great location. You can walk to most of the important sites in Nagasaki and the neighborhood itself is charming. However, the hostel itself is just okay. The wifi only seems to work in the common room, so if you're looking for someone to chat with, good luck -- everyone has their noise in their phone. This was also the most expensive hostel that I stayed at in Japan, and I didn't think it was anything special.

« first « Prev 1 2 3