Nagasaki International Hostel AKARI Reviews

2-2 Kojiyamachi, Nagasaki, Japan

really friendly helpful staff, good opportunity to meet other travellers. Central location, great advice about where to eat etc

A really great hostel with very friendly guys who run it. We felt right at home here and really enjoyed our (short) stay.

an excellent hostel! the map provided with comments from the staff was a great feature, it helped us discover places we never would have found ourselves. the staff were extremely helpful and the walking tour they orgainse helped to create a great atmosphere amongst both staff and guests.

• 9th Nov 2014

Hostel is perfect, staff is perfect. Did the "tour with locals", excellent and very interesting. If you are in Nagasaki, this place is perfect!

We had a wonderful stay at this hostel! The staff are very nice and helpful and the location couldn't be better. We particularly loved their map of the surrounding area, highlighting every single ramen restaurant in a ten-block radius, their top restaurant picks, and so many other useful things. We particularly loved their recommendations for vegetarian-friendly restaurants--Malay's 16-veg curry was amazing! Wish we could have rented bikes but they didn't have any available--inquire early.

Great hostel, conveniently located and friendly staff.

• 5th Nov 2014

Easy to find and excellent location, staff very helpful and polite. The hostel is a bit dated and noisy sliding doors, the rooms are warm but in the common area bloody freezing.

I stayed in twin private room - ensuite just one night. I'm impressed with the young male staff which can communicate in English very well. For me, the location is quite fair because 1. The pro - it's located quite far from the train station, you have to ride the tram or taxi 2. The con - there is a canal and temple in front of the hostel and the shopping/walking street is very near. And there is no elevator, so you have to bring your big luggage up and down the ladder ( for me 3 floor)

great place but could probably do with more seating in the common room area.

Friendly atmosphere, excellent location!

This was a nice hostel. The staff were very helpful, the other guests were nice and the facilities were good. It is pretty close to the centre of Nagasaki, just two stops away form Nagasaki station on the tram. The staff do laundry for guests but there is no dryer available, so guests need to hang up their clothes outside, or walk to a coin laundry nearby. The internet was a little slow, however. If I visit Nagasaki again I wouldn't hesitate to stay there. It was a really nice hostel.

• 20th Oct 2014

all staffs are very kind and helpful for guests with great information ( great map ). I will ba back again ^^

Everything's good here. all I needed, sleep friendly beds, small kitchen etc. great free guided short local walk . Nice staff. but my stay was too short.

prefect location for travel spots like Spectacles bridge and Kazagashira Park. You can also join the walk around with the locals trip to explore more about the city.

Staff extremely friendly and helpful. They have made their own local map with restaurant recommendations etc, which was great! Unfortunately we didn't get to go on one of the sightseeing walks run by local volunteers from the hostel as these looked interesting. Only small criticism is that quilt on one of our beds had stains on, but was otherwise really clean.

We had a lovely couple of nights at Akari, were had a very friendly greeting and given loads of information about the local area which centered around the hostel this was very helpful upon arrival. The common room had a good atmosphere and the kitchen had all you needed. The rooms were clean too. The mattress was a little bit uncomfortable could feel the springs a bit but nothing so bad as to stop you sleeping. Overall had a great time at this hostel.

The place felt very quiet when I was there, relaxing in some ways, in others too quiet. Wifi didn't reach the top floor and in some ways the place relatively old compared to other hostels in Japan.

Beautiful location with nice acessibility to the streetcar and within walking distance of a few sights. The staff will give you the amazing city map they made, which is so useful and complete that's almost reason enough to stay there. Unfortunately, the bottom bed in the twin room wasn't entirely comfortable. But, overall, it's a nice choice and I would certainly stay there again.

A pleasure to stay at again. Th staff are friendly and incredibly helpful, the area map provided with places to eat, how to get where etc is the most useful thing I've ever seen a hostel provide and I wish more did!

Great staff and helpful information everywhere, love the paper slips for vegetarians with helpful kanji on them, had a great hostel party on the last night of our stay, lots of delicious dumplings made by staff - a great night. Bike hire as well, what more could you need.

• 21st Sep 2014