Nagasaki International Hostel AKARI Reviews

2-2 Kojiyamachi, Nagasaki, Japan

Friendly staff with great local information. Located in a nice quite area near megane bridge.

• 21st Aug 2015

This is a perfect hostel for visiting the wonderful Nagasaki! Right in the middle of every thing, close to trams, trains and buses for getting around. The staff are amazing and friendly all around awesome people with excellent English! Great air con as well for those hot summer months. The kitchen and common room are especially well equipped!

A great hostel. Very helpful and friendly staff, comfortable beds, perfect amenities! Had a great time at Akari!

Good hostel, decent sized rooms, nice communal area

Really nice time for staying Akari hostel in my vacation. Arigatou kind people working there, Already miss Nagasaki. Big thanks from Seoul.

The location is convenient being about 10 walk from the team station which takes you to Nagasaki station. The staffs are friendly and did everything they can to introduce me to my place to stay. The room is clean with working air conditioner and the facilities are functioning properly. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Staff was super friendly, felt very welcomed! The room was really small for 4 people and it was quite hot too. Location is really convenient, you can reach downtown in a couple of minutes and streetcars are going everywhere you want, always on time and for a reasonable price (day pass can be bought at reception which is perfect).

The staff is on top of any question you have. Great service, very nice location, pretty interior. I stayed for 4 days. I had a great time. I met a lot of people to go out with. Private room ok, big bathroom,no private tv. Dorm was good, good airco everywhere. Busy cleaning ladies make this hotel shine like a diamont.

One of the best hostels that i have stayed in Japan. Unfortunately when i stayed, Nagasaki was hit by typhoon and we couldn't go to many places. So we will definitely return to Nagasaki and will surely stay at Akari again!!!

We loved the AKARI hostel. The staff went out of their way to help us and the atmosphere was warm and bright. The location was perfect, too: right on a beautiful canal and within walking distance of most sights. One of our private rooms had a moldy smell since the bathroom didn't have enough ventilation but we didn't complain to staff. If we had, I'm sure they would have done their best to change rooms. They were really wonderfully helpful. We would stay here again and hope to soon!

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Stayed in a mixed dorm, the unisex toilets were extremely revealling, with lightly stained glass doors didn't even shut properly ! Horrible experience especially as it was a mixed floor. Hardly any privacy. But good common area with fully equipped kitchen . Good location .

good location.....clean room..very helpful staff

Great location, excellent staff, just an allround nice place to stay.

There were lockers outside the mixed dorms, where you could leave your stuff while going out for the day and feel secure. The mixed dorm is on the 4th floor, which may be tiresome for some people. Wifi/air-conditioner etc all worked fine. The staff provided some discount coupons and a great map of the area with all the tips for where to eat and what to visit, and that was amazing! Would recommend

Very helpful staff. The air con was out of service in our room the first night, and they offered us to sleep in another room until it was fixed. Rooms are well equipped and very clean. Loved the atmosphere of the kitchen with the low, japanese-style tables.

Akari is wonderfully located right next to the 3 tram and the 5 tram, the two most important for tourists. I met the most interesting people there! Of course, this is totally dependent on who is staying there at the same time as you are, but this was by far the hostel with the friendliest people and best atmosphere. The room has air conditioning and good wifi. Also the hostel has tons of recommendations for tourist activities and other hostels. The bulletin boards alone make this place amazing!

was very and helpful .the owner's was very good. I to and maybe the a bit. It was a bit we had to rent one.

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Denmark

The staff and facilities are very good, except from the restrooms(toilet) which is very small. Every information is in the hostel to plan our trip. The hostel is near a tram station which is very convinence to transport. Also, the hostel is located near the gourmet market so we can buy some fruits there. There is an activity where you can walk around the city with the locals which is very fun.

Stayed in AKARI Hostel for two nights. Was very glad I could check in so late (23:00), thank you very much! Also very nice was the discount card, and all the information what to do in Nagasaki. It was a nice stay until I checked out. I was 15 minutes late (11:15), sorry for that. After I wanted to stay a little bit in the living room and then got kicked out because of check out meant «that all the facilities must be left.» Felt really unwelcome though and went to town.

Akari was a great hostel to stay at in Nagasaki! My brother and I reserved a double room to stay in and they even upgraded us to a double room that included a bath, shower, toilet, and tatami mat flooring! The staff were nice and helpful and spoke English and we even met other student-travellers, although the atmosphere was not as outgoing as in some other hostels that I have been in. We stayed 3 nights and it was a great experience!

« first « Prev 1 2 3