Fabulous 1,320 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1,320 Total Reviews
Nagasaki International Hostel AKARI Located at 2-2 Kojiyamachi, , Nagasaki.
Japan
Nagasaki 850-0871 2-2 Kojiyamachi
89% 1320
32.7489645 129.8827099
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 18-24
13th May 2016

Very nice area, very nice staff. Decent rooms and great local tips. I would stay again.

• England, Female, 18-24
12th May 2016

Really great stay at Akari - the staff were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely come back here!

• England, Female, 25-30
8th May 2016

I had a great time at this hostel. Walk from the station with my luggage was a bit long but easy to find. The staff were so helpful and friendly when I arrived! I had a private room, it was clean and comfortable. There was lots of information up on the walls and getting around Nagasaki was easy from Akari. I was given a map of the city and a map of the local area which was fantastic! I used it to find lots of good places to eat as well as the local laundry for dryers (one washer in hostel).

7th May 2016

Stayed two nights. Had a really great moment there with beautiful people (staff and people I meet). Best memories for the moment. The only bad point is the shower and bathroom. Looks pretty old.

• USA, Female, 25-30
3rd May 2016
2.0

This has been by far the worst hostel I have ever stayed at. It's one thing that this facility is old, but it's another when basic amenities aren't even met and when you bring it to their attention, they are rude & apathetic about it. We paid 7900 JPY for a double room & found trash on the floor, the shower-head completely broken (it was spraying water on the ceiling which was dripping all over us) and the window would not close. I do not recommend this hostel to anyone.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
1st May 2016
7.4

Nice enough place, just a little old. The staff is great though and really helpful.

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
28th Apr 2016

It was good overall; the staff give you a helpful map they made themselves with their recommendations which I found very useful and full of stuff the usual guide books miss out. You also get a good discount card. Really great location with a 10-15 min walk into the centre of the city along the river, and quiet temples and parks just behind it too. Perhaps the dorms could do with a curtain for the bed (most hostels I have been in have this and it gives you a bit more privacy/darkness at night).

• New Zealand, Male, 31-40
23rd Apr 2016

We really enjoyed our stay at Akari. The staff were friendly and very helpful. There is lots of information about the area which makes planning your days in Nagasaki really easy. The free walking tour organised through Akari was a highlight. The facilities are clean and welcoming - the little reading room by the kitchen is really nice. It was easy to get to from the station and in a great location next to a lovely river.

19th Apr 2016

I took my parents to stay here for 3 nights and we had a very enjoyable time here. Location is good and near station. We got everything we need, very convenient. I definately would like to come back.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
18th Apr 2016

Very friendly staff, the facilities such as the kitchen, washing machine and the fantastic rooftop view were great. Very close to shopping areas, tram station and many traditional and cultural sightseeing spots. Nagasaki is a fantastic place, and I would recommend staying here!