Nagasaki International Hostel AKARI Reviews

2-2 Kojiyamachi, Nagasaki, Japan

The bikes were all broken but other then that it was a great!

Great place, great people ...thank you

• 29th Jun 2014

Great place to stay only strange thing is that your not allowed into the lounge after you check out so make sure you've done any emails or stuff before you check.

Excellent staff. The day I arrived they had a party with food so we could meet the local guides. I don't think they were employed but were there to improve their English and meet new people. This is an excellent idea! I hope more hostels use this idea! The hostel was getting a little old needing some maintenance. The showers I used on the top floor had a hard time staying hot. Apart from that, this hostel is excellent and ideally placed for anyone visiting the city.

The staff is really friendly and helpful and gives Insider tipps.

I loved this hostel. Fantastic location and the staff are very friendly and willing to help. I liked their own persoanlised map listing nice cafes, bars etc in the surrounding area.

Good staff, pleasant place to stay

I stayed at this hostel twice. The first time, it was perfect. I was in the three bed female dorm on the second floor. This time I was in the mixed dorm of the fourth floor. The dorm was fine, but the wifi was not reaching (unlike the previous time). Also, the shower was either boiling or freezing. I did not manage to get anything else. If I did not remember my first stay there, my review would be way worse. However, the location and the atmosphere are awesome.

Very nice place to stay! Helpful staff, convenient location, clean, and quiet. :-)

I thought the common area was not very cosy and inviting to stay and hang out. There was also no music and in the kitchen area you could hardly sit.

• 26th May 2014

Discount card was provided for many sightseeing places.

What a beautiful little hostel! Located in walking distance of the train station, beautiful canal bridges, temples, china town, and downtown Nagasaki I loved this place. Neat and clean traditional Japanese facilities. The small kitchen was perfect for making food and the communal chill space was nice to relax in the evenings. Staff were friendly and there was lots of information on what to see and do posted on the walls of the hostel.

Great hostel, awesome staff. Very good location; close to cablecar and easy walk to the center of the town.

I'm really glad I got to meet and chat with Kaz-San and Shingo-San. They really went out of their way to make the guests feel welcome and at home, I also had a wonderful conversation over dinner with Kaz-San. The accommodation itself was kept very clean and orderly, the beds are comfortable, like all. Hostels I've stayed in Japan, most other fellow travelers are chatty and friendly. The location is easily accessible to many popular tourist attractions which is also an added bonus.

A great hostel right in the heart of Nagasaki! The hostel workers are very helpful and friendly.

Everything is good in this hostel. Helpful staff and a good atmosphere common room. If the wifi is avaliable in every room and that is perfect

Great staff who go the extra mile to make a person's stay in Nagasaki wonderful. Very helpful with sightseeing, restaurant, and shopping information.

Top choice, a hostel cannot get better than this. Staff are extremely nice and helpful, hostel well located and rooms are comfortable

• 7th May 2014
  • Spain

Good hostel! I would definitely stay there again if I go back to Nagasaki. The kitchen / common room is really cool, the staff is very nice, and the location is interesting (in the city center, close to a tram station). There's wifi only on the 1st floor, but it didn't bother me because I met really great people in the common area.

The location was fantastic however two things they should improve. 1. provide soap for hand washing after using the toilet. It is very inconvenient to have to go to your own room and get out soap to wash your hands after using the toilet, and this would be a very small cost for the hostel. 2. provide hot water for the shower from 6am. Many people check out early and the hot water isn't turned on until 8am. This is also a small cost for the hostel and would make people feel more valued.