Nagasaki International Hostel AKARI Reviews

2-2 Kojiyamachi, Nagasaki, Japan

wonderful staff. he stayed awake for my arrival and even guided me over email on the tram from the station :)

Nice hostel. Lockers available. A area map with useful suggestions for restaurants/bars/sightseeing is provided.

• 19th Oct 2015
  • Switzerland

This is a great wee place to stay, one of the staff took us up to the autumn harvest festival near by which was spectacular

Fantastic and helpful staff! Great location!!

Good hostel, kind staff..

I had a great stay here! Very nice staff and good atmosphere, I met many frienldy people from all kinds of places. From the train station you have to walk little bit (or you can take the tram of course), and you will find yourself in a beautiful area, with a small shopping street leading to the bigger center. If you come for the Kunchi matsuri, like I did, it is very close to the shrine and the performing groups walk the area the whole day, so you can feel a lot of the festival atmosphere.

Excellent service and heaps of great information about the area. Knowing good places to eat was particularly helpful.

When I stepped into the hostel, I felt the bosses made all their efforts to build a perfect hostel. The decoration is simple but useful. Guests feel cozy and warm. I like the Japanese public space on the 1st floor, especially the paper crane tutorial and the 眼鏡 bridge model. Everyone likes this Japanese culture. AKARI is the best hostel I ever lived.

Really friendly staff that helped us planning the next days in Unzen. Very nice place to stay. 10 minutes walk from the city center.

Great hostel, clean with friendly staff. Close to most of the sights you'll want to see. Clean rooms and bathrooms.

The staff was helpful and gave useful information about Nagasaki. The dorm and the bathrooms look old and are not really clean. They need to update it. I wouldn't go here again. They just opened a new hostel closer to the station, maybe that's an option.

Great location, super clean and big common area. The staff is very friendly and provide handy maps to help you get around.

Excellent hostel in Nagasaki, very close to many of the bigger tourist draws. Staff is friendly, helpful, and several are multi-lingual (though some Japanese and/or English ability is probably a must). Sign up for a day walk to mingle with locals and get a unique perspective on the city! One criticism: The common room needs a Go board, or Shogi, or chess, or something. Just some kind of board game for people who don't want to share the TV!

• 23rd Sep 2015

It was a great location and the staff was wonderful!

Very friendly and very good value for money, many helpful information about the city and how to get to famous and also not-so-famous sightseeing spots. I really appreciated the map created by the hostel staff, including for example the best coffee in Nagasaki and some nice restaurants for trying local food.

• 16th Sep 2015

Great hostel. It is not the clean and the atmosphere is not good. It is old and dark.

Very nice staff who welcomed us very warmly :)

The staff were knowledgeable and helpful, there was useful information on all the walls, the kitchen was well equipped and the lounge area encouraged people to chat.

We really enjoyed our stay there friendly really helpful staff, could not have been more helpful with information and advice and all information is current. Location is perfect could not honestly have asked for more will be back.

• 7th Sep 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I had a private ensuite room so didn't use much of the common areas, but what I saw looked good. It's well located, staff are really helpful, it's clean and tidy, good wifi. Definitely stay again if I'm ever back in Nagasaki.