Nagasaki International Hostel AKARI Reviews

2-2 Kojiyamachi, Nagasaki, Japan

Got the twin bunk bed room and it was excellent-- complete with in room bathroom/shower and a small tatami mat sitting area. It felt like I was staying in a quaint hotel. Staff is friendly, helpful, and seems family-run. Rooms and guests were very quiet, and the location is great. Within walking distance of many attractions, or you can opt to buy a day tram pass for 500 yen AT the hostel. Older rooms, but you get a nice sense of 'Japan', and everything is clean. 20 min. walk from train stat

Staff were very friendly and offered good advice

A friendly and helpful guesthouse, located in a beautiful district on the river near temple street and a nearby tram stop. Liked the place, the staff and the people I met. Would definitely stay again. My dorm room was on the top which is a bit of a hike up 4 sets of stairs.

Great location. Close to Spectacles Bridge and the main shopping area. Common area was a bit spartan but that is Japan for you. Would recommend you bring your inside shoes or slippers. the ones the hostel provide are slippery and will fall off your feet when you are walking down the stairs!! LOL

Very comfy beds and friendly staff, go to the cafe they recommend - some of the best sandwiches we've ever had! Oh and ask about the onsen as well.

A pretty nice place, comfortable beds and nice kitchen/rec room areas with free IMAC PCs and WiFi as well.

Nice hostel, good location, easy to find.

The staff was great, and everyone was so helpful. I especially appreciated the help in getting my luggage up 3 flights of stairs. The kitchen was in excellent shape, and I love that everything was so clearly labeled.

• 17th Nov 2013

Really great place. Normally I would have chosen a hostel a short walk from the station but the description of this hostel sounded very attractive and I wasn't disappointed It was only a short tram ride from the station. The staff were really helpfull and the three bed dorm with ensuite toilet and shower/bathroom was a good size and clean, but my mattress could have been a little bit more comfortable though. I loved it there and would certainly return.

Helpful staff, gave me a map and suggested sights. Had a downstairs lounge area and kitchen (also computers available). Excellent directions-no problem to find. Room had an ensuite.

Very good and clean hostel, good locations. Highly recommended!

This was my second time staying at Akari and it was a pleasure. Well-located, cheap but clean and convenient, and most of all, the staff are always very nice and helpful.

The staff was great, they helped me with bus schedules and day trips to weird places. We also had a private bathroom and shower which was a huge plus. Highly recommended.

Great place to stay, friendly staff.

Nice hostel. The commons were pretty cosy and my room actually had a tub, which was very nice. The stairs were a problem with my big lugagge, but the staff helped me with it.

The indication to get from the station to the hostel were very clear and easy. Friendly place

• 16th Oct 2013

Very nice hostel only a short (and cheap Y120) tram ride away, or a 20 min walk. Very close to many temples and close to the Spectacles Bridge. Nice common area and kitchen, only down side is no wifi in the rooms. Need to put curtains on the beds.

SUCH a nice and charming hostel - you can tell they've thought of everything for their guests over the years. I stayed in the single room which was lovely, big and worth the price. Free tea in kitchen was of amazing quality. One complaint: hot water was supposed to be on from 8am, but at 8.05ish my shower was cold.

We were taken to a fantastic local festival by a very friendly and helpful member of staff - a truly memorable experience, thank you!

• 13th Oct 2013
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great service with the option of a free tour around the city. Also nice rooms in traditional Japanese style.