Nagasaki International Hostel AKARI Reviews

2-2 Kojiyamachi, Nagasaki, Japan

Everything is good in this hostel. Helpful staff and a good atmosphere common room. If the wifi is avaliable in every room and that is perfect

Great staff who go the extra mile to make a person's stay in Nagasaki wonderful. Very helpful with sightseeing, restaurant, and shopping information.

Top choice, a hostel cannot get better than this. Staff are extremely nice and helpful, hostel well located and rooms are comfortable

• 7th May 2014
  • Spain

Good hostel! I would definitely stay there again if I go back to Nagasaki. The kitchen / common room is really cool, the staff is very nice, and the location is interesting (in the city center, close to a tram station). There's wifi only on the 1st floor, but it didn't bother me because I met really great people in the common area.

The location was fantastic however two things they should improve. 1. provide soap for hand washing after using the toilet. It is very inconvenient to have to go to your own room and get out soap to wash your hands after using the toilet, and this would be a very small cost for the hostel. 2. provide hot water for the shower from 6am. Many people check out early and the hot water isn't turned on until 8am. This is also a small cost for the hostel and would make people feel more valued.

Nice little place. The staff was very welcoming at arrival which left a great first impression. They helped me carry my bag all the way to the 3rd (japanese 4th) floor where my room was. Good atmosphere, had a good time hanging out here in the evening. Only reason I rated location as good instead of excellent is because it's kind of a long walk from the station. Aside from that the location is great. I really recommend this place when staying in Nagasaki!

Helpful staff, good location. Free wifi and computer on ground floor. Helpful map.

Great hostel. I would definitely recommend it!

This hostel is average. The only good part was meeting some great people here - I spent two evenings socialising with the other travelers that were there (solo 20s). However, the staff were not friendly and told me abruptly to be quiet simply because I was talking on my phone not in the kitchen. There is no lift and my room was on the 4th floor. The bathroom is poor because it does not have good water pressure unlike all other hostels I stayed. Building is not modern. No clothes dryer!

Really friendly and extremely helpful staff, made our stay as smooth, straightforward and enjoyable as we could have hoped. Couldn't have asked for a better experience. Will definitely be back to stay again!

Friendly and helpful staff in a great location. What more do you want?

I stayed in a clean, very comfortable double en-suite room while paying hostel prices. WiFi was only available in the common room areas but computer terminals were also provided for guest use there. I was using a Japanese 3G SIM card so could connect in my room. Staff are very helpful providing advice and even made a telephone booking for me.

Very good place. Great location, near everything, cool spot. Stay here! Great town.

The staff was awesome, really helpfull. Location is great. Almost everthing is in walking distance. If not, the staff will let you know what streetcarnumber you have to take.

The Akari was a wonderful hostel and we were so glad we picked it. The staff were wonderful and helped a lot with great information for sightseeing and gave us a booklet for good discounts in many places. Our room (twin ensuite) was clean and cosy. The facilities were good and we can recommend this hostel very much. Thank you Akari!

The staff is very nice and the location excellent (it's 10 min by walk to go to Chinatown) ; but it's nice to stay only 1 or 2 nights maximum in this hostel because of the comfort... you have to make your bed by yourself and they stop the hot water from 11 pm till 8 am, and when we wanted to take a shower around 8 pm, we had only burning water, but no cold water, so impossible to take a shower except if you want to look like a shrimp... However, the staff was very helpful and kind !!!

• 1st Apr 2014

Great service, the staff helps you with everything. They have maps ready for you of the surrounding areas and make it a pleasant stay. Kitchen very clean and easy to use. Loads of books and even free internet. Amazing stay!

• 26th Mar 2014