Nagasaki International Hostel AKARI Reviews

2-2 Kojiyamachi, Nagasaki, Japan

The location was fantastic however two things they should improve. 1. provide soap for hand washing after using the toilet. It is very inconvenient to have to go to your own room and get out soap to wash your hands after using the toilet, and this would be a very small cost for the hostel. 2. provide hot water for the shower from 6am. Many people check out early and the hot water isn't turned on until 8am. This is also a small cost for the hostel and would make people feel more valued.

Nice little place. The staff was very welcoming at arrival which left a great first impression. They helped me carry my bag all the way to the 3rd (japanese 4th) floor where my room was. Good atmosphere, had a good time hanging out here in the evening. Only reason I rated location as good instead of excellent is because it's kind of a long walk from the station. Aside from that the location is great. I really recommend this place when staying in Nagasaki!

Helpful staff, good location. Free wifi and computer on ground floor. Helpful map.

Great hostel. I would definitely recommend it!

This hostel is average. The only good part was meeting some great people here - I spent two evenings socialising with the other travelers that were there (solo 20s). However, the staff were not friendly and told me abruptly to be quiet simply because I was talking on my phone not in the kitchen. There is no lift and my room was on the 4th floor. The bathroom is poor because it does not have good water pressure unlike all other hostels I stayed. Building is not modern. No clothes dryer!

Really friendly and extremely helpful staff, made our stay as smooth, straightforward and enjoyable as we could have hoped. Couldn't have asked for a better experience. Will definitely be back to stay again!

Friendly and helpful staff in a great location. What more do you want?

I stayed in a clean, very comfortable double en-suite room while paying hostel prices. WiFi was only available in the common room areas but computer terminals were also provided for guest use there. I was using a Japanese 3G SIM card so could connect in my room. Staff are very helpful providing advice and even made a telephone booking for me.

Very good place. Great location, near everything, cool spot. Stay here! Great town.

The staff was awesome, really helpfull. Location is great. Almost everthing is in walking distance. If not, the staff will let you know what streetcarnumber you have to take.

The Akari was a wonderful hostel and we were so glad we picked it. The staff were wonderful and helped a lot with great information for sightseeing and gave us a booklet for good discounts in many places. Our room (twin ensuite) was clean and cosy. The facilities were good and we can recommend this hostel very much. Thank you Akari!

The staff is very nice and the location excellent (it's 10 min by walk to go to Chinatown) ; but it's nice to stay only 1 or 2 nights maximum in this hostel because of the comfort... you have to make your bed by yourself and they stop the hot water from 11 pm till 8 am, and when we wanted to take a shower around 8 pm, we had only burning water, but no cold water, so impossible to take a shower except if you want to look like a shrimp... However, the staff was very helpful and kind !!!

• 1st Apr 2014

Great service, the staff helps you with everything. They have maps ready for you of the surrounding areas and make it a pleasant stay. Kitchen very clean and easy to use. Loads of books and even free internet. Amazing stay!

• 26th Mar 2014

Location is easy enough to find. Place is also secure and has great staff. Downside is that the place definitely does feel old, and I found it to be rather dirty, especially the bathrooms. I have allergies and am sensitive to dust and mold, so I definitely noticed. Wifi is only available on first floor, no elevator, have to go around the block to use a drier, etc. Mattresses are uncomfortable and it can be hard to climb into the top bunk as the bed is very close to the wall.

Would have been nice to have wifi up on the 4th floor since it was my only way of contacting home while in japan and sitting halfway down the stairs in my pjs wasn't great. Other than that, brilliant, very helpful staff.

I had a really good time at Akari. The staff helped me find the best restaurants for me in the neighborhood (and since I am vegan, that is a feat), and the location by the river is great. The bed was comfortable, and I like the lounge area and reading room. It is in a central location, which is convenient for going around the city. I was a bit disappointed by the tour, but since that is run by volunteers and not Akari itself I do not think that counts.

I enjoyed overall experience at Hostel Akari. especially security was really good and facility was really great. But one thing that annoyed me was toilet: when i staying at night with my roommates, one of them tried to go toilet and even after she gets back to bed, water flowing sound was remaining about 10minutes. Except that, matress was cozy and happy with nice cool roommates.

I was VERY impressed with this hostel. Firstly, you are not going to find better value for money in Nagasaki, period. For a hostel that is as nice, and well located, their fee is very, very reasonable. Secondly, their staff is extremely obliging. I was impressed right off the bat when entering to find they had rearranged guests so my party could have their own room, which was an unexpected and quite considerate! I HIGHLY recommend this hostel for your stay in Nagasaki

1 2 3 Next » last »