Nagasaki International Hostel AKARI Reviews

2-2 Kojiyamachi, Nagasaki, Japan

Would have been nice to have wifi up on the 4th floor since it was my only way of contacting home while in japan and sitting halfway down the stairs in my pjs wasn't great. Other than that, brilliant, very helpful staff.

I had a really good time at Akari. The staff helped me find the best restaurants for me in the neighborhood (and since I am vegan, that is a feat), and the location by the river is great. The bed was comfortable, and I like the lounge area and reading room. It is in a central location, which is convenient for going around the city. I was a bit disappointed by the tour, but since that is run by volunteers and not Akari itself I do not think that counts.

I enjoyed overall experience at Hostel Akari. especially security was really good and facility was really great. But one thing that annoyed me was toilet: when i staying at night with my roommates, one of them tried to go toilet and even after she gets back to bed, water flowing sound was remaining about 10minutes. Except that, matress was cozy and happy with nice cool roommates.

I was VERY impressed with this hostel. Firstly, you are not going to find better value for money in Nagasaki, period. For a hostel that is as nice, and well located, their fee is very, very reasonable. Secondly, their staff is extremely obliging. I was impressed right off the bat when entering to find they had rearranged guests so my party could have their own room, which was an unexpected and quite considerate! I HIGHLY recommend this hostel for your stay in Nagasaki

I really enjoyed my stay here, the atmosphere is lovely, all the staff spoke English, which is great because my Japanese is awful, there were computers you could use the internet on and other such facilities. I would definately recommend AKARI to anyone staying in Nagasaki.

• 16th Feb 2014

Ask the owner to host a "Walk with the locals" . . . makes for an exceptional experience, seeing as there is only so much about Japan that you can learn from museums and shrines. Locals commenting on their day-to-day life really made my Nagasaki experience (as we walked through an amazing Lantern Festival).

The direction were a b i had to ask for help, it would be easier is they said the location was close to spectical bridge.

• 5th Feb 2014

This is a great hostel in Nagasaki, the staff were very friendly and helpful. I stayed in a mixed dorm room, the bed was comfortable. The location was also very good, Nagasaki is an easy city to walk around. I only stayed for 1 night, but I would stay here again.

1 2 3 Next » last »