Nagasaki International Hostel AKARI Reviews

2-2 Kojiyamachi, Nagasaki, Japan

Location is good and staffs are friendly But room is so small and bathroom is inconvenient.

Great Experience! The location was amazing, and staff was very helpful. We had a trio private room, and it was comfertable and clean. Big recomendation from us!

• 9th Mar 2015
  • Norway

Everything was great! It's really well-located for going to many different places (close to a bus stop/tram stop), has a lot of good restaurants and local specialty stores in the area, and the staff is very willing to help. Everything was handled well and clean.

This is a really great hostel and certainly one of the best I have stayed at in Japan. The staff are really helpful and made my stay in Nagasaki a pleasure. 5 Stars.

All you can expect from a Hostel

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Morocco

thank you!

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Japan

Location is good but double room is really small. Sound proof should be improved.

I stayed at this hostel for 2 nights. I enjoyed my stay there. Staff was very friendly and helpful and the hostel was very clean.

We felt at home in the Akari hostel. The next day we discovered that the owner(s) of the hostel are friends of our Nagasaki friends !!

• 12th Feb 2015

Very nice hosts, great location ... a little bit noisy at night ... but Great in general!

• 5th Feb 2015

Common rooms can be very cold (we stayed here in February), so we didn't like to sit there

Akari staffs are very kind. And facilities are convinient!!

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • South Korea

I loved staying at this place. My friend and I rented a private twin room (bunkbeds) which was very clean and spacious for a hostel room. My only complaint is that the bottom bunk was made up of two twin mattresses, both of which were uncomfortable. The top bunk was fine. The staff was very helpful and quick to help if we had any questions. I would love to stay here again should I return to Nagasaki in the future!

• 29th Jan 2015

The rooms were nice, the stuff was friendly but the sanitary installations were a little bit old and that`s what they looked like. Internet AND Wi-Fi is only in the living room available.

The hostel is centrally located and easily accessible via the tram network. It takes around 15 min on the tram to get to the peace park and memorial museum. The beds were really comfortable and the rooms are nice too. After checkout they will not allow you back in the common room and there is not much room to store luggage. Staff food recommendations are really good. Make sure you go to the 100yen sushi train!!

The showers are fantastic :D super powerful.

Great location. Quiet area yet fun environment. Highly recommend this. Staff are superb. Thanks guys, will be back

The location was amazing with the Spectacles Bridge just outside of the hostel. It's also walking distances to many places. The staff were friendly and helped us book trips to Battleship Island (strongly recommended for everyone travelling to Nagasaki!). However, the atmosphere of the hostel was rather hotel-like.

I would definitely recommend it to my friends. The only problem is parking. There is public parking around the hostel. But it's by hour.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Singapore
  • Couple, 41+

Stayed in the 4 bed dorms and it was really good. Nice room and adequate facilities. The kitchen area is nice as well.