Nagasaki International Hostel AKARI Reviews

2-2 Kojiyamachi, Nagasaki, Japan

I was VERY impressed with this hostel. Firstly, you are not going to find better value for money in Nagasaki, period. For a hostel that is as nice, and well located, their fee is very, very reasonable. Secondly, their staff is extremely obliging. I was impressed right off the bat when entering to find they had rearranged guests so my party could have their own room, which was an unexpected and quite considerate! I HIGHLY recommend this hostel for your stay in Nagasaki

I really enjoyed my stay here, the atmosphere is lovely, all the staff spoke English, which is great because my Japanese is awful, there were computers you could use the internet on and other such facilities. I would definately recommend AKARI to anyone staying in Nagasaki.

• 16th Feb 2014

Ask the owner to host a "Walk with the locals" . . . makes for an exceptional experience, seeing as there is only so much about Japan that you can learn from museums and shrines. Locals commenting on their day-to-day life really made my Nagasaki experience (as we walked through an amazing Lantern Festival).

The direction were a b i had to ask for help, it would be easier is they said the location was close to spectical bridge.

• 5th Feb 2014

This is a great hostel in Nagasaki, the staff were very friendly and helpful. I stayed in a mixed dorm room, the bed was comfortable. The location was also very good, Nagasaki is an easy city to walk around. I only stayed for 1 night, but I would stay here again.

Extremely friendly staff

Great hostel with

Akari was the best hostel I have ever stayed in so far. The only minus point I can think is lacking of Wi-fi on the rooms!

The only thing we missed were a few hooks for towels or clothing in the room. Very friendly staff

• 28th Dec 2013
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This is honestly the best hostel I`ve ever stayed at. Not only where the rooms clean, spacious and warm, there was also a downstairs lounge/kitchen that had free wifi, computer and tv accompanied by a friendly chilled atmosphere. To top that off the staff were super friendly, kind and helpful and spoke very good english. The cheap bike rentals were a bonus. All this for such a small price, wish we stayed much longer.

• 27th Dec 2013

Got the twin bunk bed room and it was excellent-- complete with in room bathroom/shower and a small tatami mat sitting area. It felt like I was staying in a quaint hotel. Staff is friendly, helpful, and seems family-run. Rooms and guests were very quiet, and the location is great. Within walking distance of many attractions, or you can opt to buy a day tram pass for 500 yen AT the hostel. Older rooms, but you get a nice sense of 'Japan', and everything is clean. 20 min. walk from train stat

Staff were very friendly and offered good advice

A friendly and helpful guesthouse, located in a beautiful district on the river near temple street and a nearby tram stop. Liked the place, the staff and the people I met. Would definitely stay again. My dorm room was on the top which is a bit of a hike up 4 sets of stairs.

Great location. Close to Spectacles Bridge and the main shopping area. Common area was a bit spartan but that is Japan for you. Would recommend you bring your inside shoes or slippers. the ones the hostel provide are slippery and will fall off your feet when you are walking down the stairs!! LOL

Very comfy beds and friendly staff, go to the cafe they recommend - some of the best sandwiches we've ever had! Oh and ask about the onsen as well.

A pretty nice place, comfortable beds and nice kitchen/rec room areas with free IMAC PCs and WiFi as well.

Nice hostel, good location, easy to find.

The staff was great, and everyone was so helpful. I especially appreciated the help in getting my luggage up 3 flights of stairs. The kitchen was in excellent shape, and I love that everything was so clearly labeled.

• 17th Nov 2013

Really great place. Normally I would have chosen a hostel a short walk from the station but the description of this hostel sounded very attractive and I wasn't disappointed It was only a short tram ride from the station. The staff were really helpfull and the three bed dorm with ensuite toilet and shower/bathroom was a good size and clean, but my mattress could have been a little bit more comfortable though. I loved it there and would certainly return.

Helpful staff, gave me a map and suggested sights. Had a downstairs lounge area and kitchen (also computers available). Excellent directions-no problem to find. Room had an ensuite.