Nagasaki Kagamiya Reviews

1-12-9 Honkawachi, Nagasaki-city, Nagasaki, Japan

+ Small guest house, great staff, convivial atmosphere, reception open until midnight (the feeling of security is much better than in large hostels) + Nice shower & ofuro + Curtains around beds + Simple breakfast included + Charming place next to a shrine - Have to take tram (or walk 30 min) from town center. (Still preferred Kagami to Akari right in the center of Nagasaki, where I also stayed.) - No lockers

We had a very pleasant stay in this lovely guesthouse. The staff are incredibly nice. The lack of a stove in the kitchen is the only point to criticise.

I only stayed there for one night but wished I had booked more. This hostel has a nice atmosphere and the staff is friendly and very helpful. The breakfast included is a plus. I would definitely go back there next time I go to Nagasaki.

A great little Guest house just near the end of the tram line. No trouble to get to and nothing was too hard there. Nagasaki Kagamiya would be my first choice if I return to Nagasaki, which I hope to do!

Owners were lovely, so welcoming, helpful and friendly. Toast and coffee breakfast included. Common room was a nice area to relax and meet other travellers. A little out of town (30 mins walk) but very handy for the tram stop - make sure to read their helpful directions. Very quiet at night.Our private room was a good size and shared a bathroom with only one other room. Futon beds can be hard if you're not used to them. Wifi in our room was intermittent but always worked well in the common room.

Too much noise when people going up and down the stairs to the bathroom . Couldn't sleep , floor too hard .

• 2nd May 2014
  • New Zealand

Very nice place a little outside the city, so quiet at night. Beds are comfortable, rooms are nice and breakfast (eggs, toast, tea) is included. Staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Everything was perfect!!!

I had a lovely stay. The staff were incredibly hospitable to all our needs. The accommodation exceptionally cute, clean with a lovely ambience. The location was not so central, however, it was beautifully hidden away in a nice and quiet and relaxing area. Very easy to commute by tram. I will absolutely recommend Nagasaki Kagamiya to anyone travelling to Nagasaki!

Truly a wonderfull place to relax after a long day of walking.

Some of the lovliest people I have ever met, and the tatami double room was exquisite. Will come again the next time I visit Nagasaki for sure.