Nagasaki Kagamiya Reviews

1-12-9 Honkawachi, Nagasaki-city, Nagasaki, Japan

Lovely people managing this guest house!

Kagamiya Hostel is a wonderful place in a quiet neighborhood of Nagasaki. It is quite easy to reach by tram, which also brings you to all the places of interest. There is no fully equipped kitchen, but the common area has everything that you would usually need in Japan. Toast and tea are free for breakfast. All facilities are very clean and in good condition. Heating/AC in the dorm was working well, and very quietly so.

Kagayima is a great little hostel 15 min from the station As for the hostel it is cozy and very clean, it is run in a house near a small temple which gives it a nice atmosphere. It can be a bit noisy but as is with other hostels. They serve free breakfast toast, jams and tea which is plentiful. The staff is incredible nice and they will make arrangements for you, as i booked a Gunkanjima tour which already sold out online. I recommend this hostel, it is a bit far from central Nagasak though

The staff at Kagamiya are excellent and will make your stay. Very comfortable rooms. Hope to come back!

It was my first time staying in a hostel, but if all hostels were like Kagamiya, I'd never stay in a hotel again. I truly enjoyed my stay at Kagamiya. The location seems out of the way, but it's part of its charm, and it's still easily accessible by tram. The amenities are nice with WiFi, laundry, bathing, a common room, breakfast toast, plenty of restrooms, and the security of a locking door with a passcode to come and go as you please. I wish they had lockers, but that's a very minor thing.

• 20th Feb 2015

Lovely place to stay

This is a lovely place to stay if your in japan for a quiet trip. The staff were really friendly as my friend and I had arrived late but still made us feel welcomed. The instructions to this place we're a bit confusing but the map helped out us

Really nice place, loved the free toast in the morning! With the directions you need to go through the tori gate, I was a bit confused! Also it was one of the most uncomfortable beds I've ever slept on and creaked every time I moved.

Really enjoyed staying here. Finding it was a little difficult, and like many other reviews have said, I wouldn't recommend this place to someone who can't handle stairs. Staff was wonderful. Although there was only one shower, it was never crowded. Would come back in the future.

Excellent experience here! Really enjoyed my time here. The hostel is very small and tucked away on a Nagasaki hillside but it is very accessible from the tram, which made it a great spot! Because it appears to be a home converted into hostel, it feels very cozy. Would definitely stay here again.

Great place to stay, very traditional household with helpful owners. At the end of the tram system so not easy to get to but situated in a nice normal Japanese neighbourhood.