Nagasaki Kagamiya Reviews

1-12-9 Honkawachi, Nagasaki-city, Nagasaki, Japan

It was my first time staying in a hostel, but if all hostels were like Kagamiya, I'd never stay in a hotel again. I truly enjoyed my stay at Kagamiya. The location seems out of the way, but it's part of its charm, and it's still easily accessible by tram. The amenities are nice with WiFi, laundry, bathing, a common room, breakfast toast, plenty of restrooms, and the security of a locking door with a passcode to come and go as you please. I wish they had lockers, but that's a very minor thing.

• 20th Feb 2015

Lovely place to stay

This is a lovely place to stay if your in japan for a quiet trip. The staff were really friendly as my friend and I had arrived late but still made us feel welcomed. The instructions to this place we're a bit confusing but the map helped out us

Really nice place, loved the free toast in the morning! With the directions you need to go through the tori gate, I was a bit confused! Also it was one of the most uncomfortable beds I've ever slept on and creaked every time I moved.

Really enjoyed staying here. Finding it was a little difficult, and like many other reviews have said, I wouldn't recommend this place to someone who can't handle stairs. Staff was wonderful. Although there was only one shower, it was never crowded. Would come back in the future.

Excellent experience here! Really enjoyed my time here. The hostel is very small and tucked away on a Nagasaki hillside but it is very accessible from the tram, which made it a great spot! Because it appears to be a home converted into hostel, it feels very cozy. Would definitely stay here again.

Great place to stay, very traditional household with helpful owners. At the end of the tram system so not easy to get to but situated in a nice normal Japanese neighbourhood.

I had an excellent time at Kagamiya. The owners are very lovely and help out whenever they can. It's a small guesthouse, which gives the place a family-atmosphere. It's not located very centrally, but that doesn't matter at all. You're in the centre of the city in no time by tram and the tram goes straight to the train station, so if you come by train, you just have to carry your bag to the tram and then from the tram to the guesthouse :)

We had really good instructions on how to locate the hostel, which helped a lot!

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

I really recommend Kagamiya GH to anyone visiting Nagasaki. The place is very tidy, comfortable, with nice common areas to meet other travelers and it’s just next to a Shinto shrine. The owners are great. They always do their best to make you feel comfortable and to help you. The tram is quite near and most attractions are reachable by tram, so location is quite good too. Might be a bit far from the train station if you have a lot of luggage, but there's a direct tram. So, not a big deal really.