Namdo Hostel Reviews

3rd Floor, 839-18 Naebang-dong, Seo-gu, Gwangju, South Korea

It was fine for one night. The owner was nice and friendly but was mostly absent when I was there. The breakfast is available all day, which is nice. I thought it was strange that there were no sheets, just sleeping pads and comforters on the beds. I did wonder how often they get washed. I never encountered anyone cleaning the rooms or common spaces, though it was very slow when I was there. There are only a few lockers for valuables for the whole hostel. It has a nice vibe otherwise.

I'm sorry if you felt uncomfortable. I think sleeping pad is easier to use than the sheets. I give the sheets if the guests want. You said, you were OK, though. Because of the lack of space, we have only a few lockers at the third floor. But, we have more lockers at the 2nd floor, so, when we are in short of lockers, the lockers at the 2nd floor are also available. We clean the room and common space everyday after all the guests go out.

Nice Hostel and so clean gustehouse

Can't reccomend enough. Felt like a korean home stay and was very welcoming. The owner was nice enough to cook two traditional korean meals for the guests including a full korean bbq for Xmas day. Will definitely stay again next time I'm in gwangju!