Namdo Hostel Reviews

3rd Floor, 839-18 Naebang-dong, Seo-gu, Gwangju, South Korea

I can say,this hostel is cool. owner prepare egg, bread plus MILK for guest .(other hotels, no milk ) also towel+soap+shampoo I stay there for 1 week, some guests stay there almost 2 weeks, we can ask the owner to use washing machine FREE. (I think that washing machine is not for us, just for his cloth) The owner go with me to help me to use ATM, he help me to find Korea medicine and carry my baggage. I think, the owner is quite professional, he know how to serve u.

• 17th Sep 2015
  • Thailand

Great hostel, especially the host is very friendly. He helped me a lot. As I was there 80% of the Guests were Korean, but the host speakes very good English. It is an appartment turned in a hostel and the hosts also live there. That means it is a very home like admosphere, but you have to be open for that.

Mr. Park is a perfect host, I hope all travellers visiting his house will agree with me.

This hostel was different than I am used to. It was like staying over at a family member's house. The owner and his wife were around in the common/living room watching TV so you could ask them questions at any time. His English was very good and the kitchen area was clean. Beds & bathroom were clean and the wifi was working. Great!

Hostel was very nice, had a very homey feel to it. Owner was an awesome guy and was always there to try and help you out to try and find food/ best ways to get to places. Highly recommend this hostel for Gwangju!

It was fine for one night. The owner was nice and friendly but was mostly absent when I was there. The breakfast is available all day, which is nice. I thought it was strange that there were no sheets, just sleeping pads and comforters on the beds. I did wonder how often they get washed. I never encountered anyone cleaning the rooms or common spaces, though it was very slow when I was there. There are only a few lockers for valuables for the whole hostel. It has a nice vibe otherwise.

I'm sorry if you felt uncomfortable. I think sleeping pad is easier to use than the sheets. I give the sheets if the guests want. You said, you were OK, though. Because of the lack of space, we have only a few lockers at the third floor. But, we have more lockers at the 2nd floor, so, when we are in short of lockers, the lockers at the 2nd floor are also available. We clean the room and common space everyday after all the guests go out.

Nice Hostel and so clean gustehouse