Namdo Hostel Reviews

3rd Floor, 839-18 Naebang-dong, Seo-gu, Gwangju, South Korea

I really enjoyed my stay at Namdo Hostel. The staff was very friendly and I really liked that the hostel provided a lot of usefull information for different destinations around Gwangju.

Good hostel - close to a train line and about 10-15min walk from the bus terminal.

We didn't spend much time at the hostel, but it was great for dropping off our stuff and getting into the city. Enjoy!

Mr Park is the most helpful and friendly person I have met along my trip! Very nice hostel, good facilities, good atmosphere - feels like home! Lots of good information about the places to visit, restaurants, etc. Gwangju and the near abouts are famous for food and that reputation is not usurped! I had the best food of my trip there. Make sure to ask Mr Park about food, he will surely give you the best advice!

The owner was very respectful and helpful. He made every guest very comfortable. I would definitely visit here again and recommend to anyone. It was an awesome experience.

The location is excellent! Only 2-3 minutes walking distance from subway station. Safety lockers are free of charge. So kind and helpful staff (owner). Even free laundry service. I will visit this city again sooner or later, and, I'll stay in this lovely hostel again.

• 13th Dec 2013
  • South Korea

Stayed in Gwangju for just one Saturday night on a weekend trip. The owner is very friendly and kind. Aside from a squeaky mattress the room was comfortable. I probably just picked an off weekend but I only saw one other guest. I'd definitely stay here again. Close to a subway stop.

I only stayed the night here but the owner was friendly and offered good advice on places to eat and travel. Beds were very comfortable and clean. The hostel was a little difficult to find and the provided directions and map are barely sufficient.