Namoa Hostel Reviews

Rua Paulistania, 708, Sao Paulo, Brazil

A good and safe hostel in Vila Madalena, a traditional neighborhood of são paulo. The subway is just a few (3or4, not 2, as the hostel said) blocks away. The male bathroom in 2nd floor is not the cleaner. prefer use the one near the kitchen. although breakfast is served until 10:30, try to arrive before 10:00. on one day I was having coffee at 10:15 and there was no bread. Great staff and a good atmonsphere.

We booked a room for four people and they put us in a 6 people room saying that the other one was being renovated and there could come 2 people more, if the 4 people room is not avaliable why to offer its reservation on the website?

Great Hostel but : - Poor Wifi ! - Poor Breakfast ! Otherwise the place is really nice. But these two items could be improved.

It was like staying at a hotel!! The hostel is tastefully decorated and everything is brand new and sparkling clean. It is in a good area Villa Madalena and very close to the metro which is convenient for exploring Sao Paulo however a little bit away from the bars and restaurants in Vila Madalena (but a short taxi ride) Staff were extremeçy helpful especially Sua who was determined to get my friend a nutella crepe to satisfy her craving haha Only downfall was there was no atmosphere.

The hostel is great. Is located in a very nice neighborhood, the staff was really nice, and we didn't have any kind of problems. Totally recommended!!

• 5th Dec 2013
  • Colombia

This hostel is not in town, but is right around the corner from the train station, so you can get everywhere. There are a few great restaurants just down the road. The hostel is brand new, it's more like a very flash villa than a hostel. Staff are great and very helpful. Even gave us a lift to the station in the rain. Great beds all very well done.

This is the kind of hostels I really love. A beatiful house in a very nice neiborhood, great location near to bus station and metro. Great value for money. Staff was very nice. Great design.

This hostel was really impressive: very clean (bathrooms, showers, beds, hallways, everything), great facilities (WiFi, TV, refreshments, lounge), friendly hosts. I'll rate it just shy of 100% because breakfast could have been better (more fruit and juice? more things generally?), and because I don't want the accumulation of high ratings to inflate their ego. ;-) But really this is a gem of a hostel, very well run, and with a reassuring sense of security (free locks with deposit).

I only stayed for a night at Namoa, but I will definitely recommend it. I was received well, had a comfortable stay in my room, received all sorts of offer of help with what to see and do around. Furthermore, I had to change my reservation from 2 nights, down to 1 night as a friend offered a place for my 2nd night's stay and the staff were extremely helpful with creating no hassles about it at all. Namoa was a lovely place to stay in a great location (close to the V. Madalena station).

Everything is brand bew in this hostel: bed and linen are comfortable, underbed lockers are very convenient. On the downside, bathrooms are not cleaned everyday and there is no mirror in the ladies bathroom. Staff was very friendly and willing to help but not all of them speak English, and not all of them are from Sao Paulo meaning they couldn't always provide advice and answer our questions. Overall good place to stay in SP. Would recommend it!