Nanjing Jasmine International Youth Hostel Reviews

HeQun Xin Chun #7, Shanghai Rd, Nanjing, China

Wifi only in common area and very slow (even for China). Close to bus stop with decent access to sights. Male staff guy didn't interact much, I think due to poor English, but the girls working were outgoing and helpful. Western toilets, but no soap. Bunks wiggle a bit otherwise okay. Average locker size. Have to walk through this courtyard to showers, I heard that hot water is turned off at 10pm. Didn't try their food, but there are some lovely little cafes nearby (which was helpful for wifi)

This is the best hostel I stayed in during my recent one-month backpacking trip across China and South Korea. The hostel is beautiful, the green vines and glass ceilings in common areas with vintage decor are stunning. The atmosphere is very lively and friendly. I ended up talking to a bunch of Chinese guys for hours sitting in the common room. The staff even has an extremely gentle Golden Retriever called Batu!

I stayed in this hostel in July and most of people there were Chinese students because it is very close to Nanjing University. You can feel humidity in the rooms and showers are not clean. The common area is not big and there are not many activities to help you meet new people. The good point is the location, near the university and many cheap bars and restaurants nearby.

Staff great; location seems not so great at first, but well-positioned for buses to all the sights; comfy communal areas; personal lockers & key card entry to rooms. Wifi average, prone to overcrowding; facilities fairly shabby, but pretty cheap

Very nice location, a little walk to the metro but the neighborhood is perfect. a lot of small Chinese and foreign bars and restaurants around the corner. Helpful staff dough not all speak English so some time improvising is needed :) Quality of the hostel is okay, nothing fancy

• 31st May 2014

It's in an excellent location- right by the universities so there are a lot of cheap options for food and drinks. The metro is easily accessible as well. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone staying in Nanjing!

Good hostel, staff are very nice. Good location

Get some board games! Cards, too.

• 7th Apr 2014

The staff is stupid. She ALWAYS mistakes the date I booked.

• 6th Apr 2014
  • China

Stuff is extremely slow working, and they bother clients after 10 at night for taking their passports again, because the reception desk doesn't know how to do their work. THese people they don't know how to deal with foreigners. COMPLETELY UNSATISFIED.

It was true that our new staff was not well-trained enough and we will keep improving. about night thing, it was because Maria only showed one's passport and did not cooperate with our work by not telling the name of the school. According to rules in China, that is nessesary information with residency permit for studying. By the way, we upgraded the customers‘ room without extra charge and did not receive any word like thanking you.To be honest, their attitude was quite bossy.

Bed sheet seams to be used ones. Its closed if you arrive late at night and nobody told that, but after some time knocking a night guard opened the gate. A little bit hidden but really close to downtown. My room was ok but a friend that was with me staid one and a half day without the locker and in his room the airconditioner didnt work and the rooms are quite cold. But for for 2 nights just for sleeping was ok. Have been in better ones in China for the same price.

I arrived alone at night on my birthday from an international flight, to find building works meant my booked room was open to the elements, freezing cold, accessible from the street -and my sheets had new bloodstains on them. When I went to complain, I was threatened with the police because the receptionist couldn't find the immigration stamp in my passport. It took 2 hours to sort this out. Requests for hot water & wifi password were met with surliness I would never, ever recommend this hostel

sorry for what you had met. We will do our best to improve the efficiency of our work. After all, providing a clean and safe place with helpful and friendly staff is always what we see for.Your comment is really helpful to us. Thank you for that and we hope you could get a different impression next time.

The Hostel was a very good start for our trip to Nanjing. At first, it is hard to find, but once you have it, you realize that you are very central. There are many cheap and good restaurants and bars just around the corner. The staff has difficulties to understand you sometimes, but whatever you want from them, they will make it possible. The rooms are clean and you feel comfortable very quick. As everywhere in china, you will have to get used to the bathrooms, but they are clean.

glad to hear that and hope you had a great trip in China.

I will definitely be staying again the next time I'm in Nanjing. Thanks!

• 1st Mar 2014