Nanjing Jasmine International Youth Hostel Reviews

HeQun Xin Chun #7, Shanghai Rd, Nanjing, China

Stuff is extremely slow working, and they bother clients after 10 at night for taking their passports again, because the reception desk doesn't know how to do their work. THese people they don't know how to deal with foreigners. COMPLETELY UNSATISFIED.

Bed sheet seams to be used ones. Its closed if you arrive late at night and nobody told that, but after some time knocking a night guard opened the gate. A little bit hidden but really close to downtown. My room was ok but a friend that was with me staid one and a half day without the locker and in his room the airconditioner didnt work and the rooms are quite cold. But for for 2 nights just for sleeping was ok. Have been in better ones in China for the same price.

• 21st Mar 2014

I arrived alone at night on my birthday from an international flight, to find building works meant my booked room was open to the elements, freezing cold, accessible from the street -and my sheets had new bloodstains on them. When I went to complain, I was threatened with the police because the receptionist couldn't find the immigration stamp in my passport. It took 2 hours to sort this out. Requests for hot water & wifi password were met with surliness I would never, ever recommend this hostel

The Hostel was a very good start for our trip to Nanjing. At first, it is hard to find, but once you have it, you realize that you are very central. There are many cheap and good restaurants and bars just around the corner. The staff has difficulties to understand you sometimes, but whatever you want from them, they will make it possible. The rooms are clean and you feel comfortable very quick. As everywhere in china, you will have to get used to the bathrooms, but they are clean.

• 4th Mar 2014

I will definitely be staying again the next time I'm in Nanjing. Thanks!

• 1st Mar 2014

standard chinese hostel, staff a little unconcerned, one towel was a little dirty. Double rooms WITH bath recommended, WITHOUT bath NOT recommended (tiny room, which looks like a basement). A bus station with busses to Purple mountains and other directions very close, Metro 20 min walk

It was just too cold. Maybe you could install better air conditions.

I enjoyed my stay here and would come again. The hostel had a nice atmosphere, and is well-located. A couple of criticisms - the bedding was a little old and not the cleanest I've come across, and the staff, while they answered all my questions, could perhaps have been a little more friendly at times. But overall a good hostel.

Great hostel. Perfect location though a little hard to find.

• 5th Feb 2014

Located between NJU and NJNU, a good place for attending the test which hold in these two university, but not a good location for the traveler, it's need to take the bus and pass by few stations for visiting. The room and bathroom are clean and comfortable, but the room didn't do well on sound-proofing, we can hear the noise in the night outside the room, and the wood-made floor is a big problem to make noise. The stuff is good, friendly and helpful, basically, I'll recommend for staying.

A great hostel in a good location with great friendly staff. Location is good - in a quiet alley just off Shanghai Road - but handy for restaurants and bars etc. A bit of a walk to the nearest subway station - but not too far. Staff were really friendly and helpful - willing to talk and give advice Room was really nice - big room with comfortable bed and clean I didn't try the food - but the communal area is good and they have cold beer

A basic room but very clean. Rather a hard bed. Staff were reasonably helpful but breakfast not being available until after 9.00 am was irksome. I would suggest it be available from 8.00 am for early starters

• 29th Oct 2013

Good location and very friendly staff. The common room had a nice atmosphere to it, but there weren't many people at that moment. The shower is outside, but was otherwise fine. Overall would recommend this place.

the room is very clean and comfort, but the location is slightly inconvenient, not close to subway

• 26th Oct 2013
  • Malaysia

If you get a room ensuite, the bathroom is decent, although it has this weird damp smell, but that is common in China... The staff was pretty friendly and their English was decent. Our pillows were really dirty and old looking (as shown by the drool stains), but I've experienced worse. By Western standards, this place definitely isn't great, but by China standards, it's pretty good. I'm glad they at least give guests Wifi as opposed to Chinese hotels that make you pay a fortune for Internet.