Nanjing Jasmine International Youth Hostel Reviews

HeQun Xin Chun #7, Shanghai Rd, Nanjing, China

Planned to stay at Nanjing Jasmine for four nights, but ended up checking out after first night. We had a private room...room was so dark we asked for an additional table lamp so we could play cards. I like hard Chinese beds, but this one reminded me of rolling a thin down sleeping bag out on a concrete slab...seriously. The heat pump seemed to work in fits and starts, took most of the night to get the room to a reasonable temp. Have stayed in 3 other Chinese hostels: this was by far worst.

The facilities were decent, but I was overall unimpressed with this hostel. The staff were okay, though some were not very helpful. A map given to us by the front desk was completely out of date and got us lost multiple times trying to find the buses. Only when we asked them later did they point out most of the info was incorrect. The rooms were okay, if a bit cold, but housekeeping would come and go multiple times without warning/knocking throughout the morning everyday so privacy felt limited.

beware the heater is not warm enough at -2 degrees night, have to borrow a extra heater in the reception, located in the middle of two metro stations, and staff was nice and helpful.

Good access to busses that drives you to the sights. Not a lot of travelers, mostly chinese non-english speaking students.

sometimes some students come to shoot some videos. hope you could have better experience next time.

I have tried every hostel in Nanjing, but I love Jasmin the most, the reception is really nice, they helped me with the transportation. The hostel itself is quite nice too, it's an old wooden building, 1920s style with a yard. Highly recommended!

• 28th Nov 2014
  • China

a great location near the university and friendly staff who all spoke great english - always a help. The hostel has a nice garden setting in the city.

Good staff, a lot of long term Chinese residents, not as many travellers. Location is okay, showers are outside in an outhouse kind of thing, but dorms are clean and good lockers.

Very nice place. I would go back for sure. The staff helped me a lot and the location is amazing. Really liked this hostel. They didn't have towels though, so make sure you take one with you.

so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for your advice.We have prepared three towels in front desk. Welcome back:)

this could be the best hostel in nanjing, everything is fine except the facilities, hope they can renew the toilet door, the shower and the bed light

glad that you enjoyed your stay. we will make improvements on facility details.

I liked my short stay at the hostel, It is not at an exposed place so it feels much more like a hideout. I recommend to take a taxi to the place when you go there for the first time, because it can be a bit confusing with the block layout and the different possible bus stops. I like the entrance area of the hostel with all the plants and wood, also the entrance is the place where you can meet students from a nearby school (Ask them were the cool places and great restaurants are~~).

I don't usually like to leave bad reviews. But this was one of my worst hostel experiences ever. The staff wasn't very welcoming. The facilities need some work and the overall environment of the hostel was nonexistent. On the other hand, they have a golden retriever to lighten the mood!