Nanjing Jasmine International Youth Hostel Reviews

HeQun Xin Chun #7, Shanghai Rd, Nanjing, China

Good access to busses that drives you to the sights. Not a lot of travelers, mostly chinese non-english speaking students.

sometimes some students come to shoot some videos. hope you could have better experience next time.

I have tried every hostel in Nanjing, but I love Jasmin the most, the reception is really nice, they helped me with the transportation. The hostel itself is quite nice too, it's an old wooden building, 1920s style with a yard. Highly recommended!

• 28th Nov 2014
  • China

a great location near the university and friendly staff who all spoke great english - always a help. The hostel has a nice garden setting in the city.

Good staff, a lot of long term Chinese residents, not as many travellers. Location is okay, showers are outside in an outhouse kind of thing, but dorms are clean and good lockers.

Very nice place. I would go back for sure. The staff helped me a lot and the location is amazing. Really liked this hostel. They didn't have towels though, so make sure you take one with you.

so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for your advice.We have prepared three towels in front desk. Welcome back:)

this could be the best hostel in nanjing, everything is fine except the facilities, hope they can renew the toilet door, the shower and the bed light

glad that you enjoyed your stay. we will make improvements on facility details.

I liked my short stay at the hostel, It is not at an exposed place so it feels much more like a hideout. I recommend to take a taxi to the place when you go there for the first time, because it can be a bit confusing with the block layout and the different possible bus stops. I like the entrance area of the hostel with all the plants and wood, also the entrance is the place where you can meet students from a nearby school (Ask them were the cool places and great restaurants are~~).

I don't usually like to leave bad reviews. But this was one of my worst hostel experiences ever. The staff wasn't very welcoming. The facilities need some work and the overall environment of the hostel was nonexistent. On the other hand, they have a golden retriever to lighten the mood!

Wifi only in common area and very slow (even for China). Close to bus stop with decent access to sights. Male staff guy didn't interact much, I think due to poor English, but the girls working were outgoing and helpful. Western toilets, but no soap. Bunks wiggle a bit otherwise okay. Average locker size. Have to walk through this courtyard to showers, I heard that hot water is turned off at 10pm. Didn't try their food, but there are some lovely little cafes nearby (which was helpful for wifi)

This is the best hostel I stayed in during my recent one-month backpacking trip across China and South Korea. The hostel is beautiful, the green vines and glass ceilings in common areas with vintage decor are stunning. The atmosphere is very lively and friendly. I ended up talking to a bunch of Chinese guys for hours sitting in the common room. The staff even has an extremely gentle Golden Retriever called Batu!

I stayed in this hostel in July and most of people there were Chinese students because it is very close to Nanjing University. You can feel humidity in the rooms and showers are not clean. The common area is not big and there are not many activities to help you meet new people. The good point is the location, near the university and many cheap bars and restaurants nearby.

Staff great; location seems not so great at first, but well-positioned for buses to all the sights; comfy communal areas; personal lockers & key card entry to rooms. Wifi average, prone to overcrowding; facilities fairly shabby, but pretty cheap