Nanjing Jasmine International Youth Hostel Reviews

HeQun Xin Chun #7, Shanghai Rd, Nanjing, China

Overall a good hostel. My biggest complaint is that the showers are not readily accessible as you have to walk through an outdoor garden area to access it. Pros: central location, the girl at the front desk was extremely helpful, clean rooms, alcohol is priced fairly Cons: you have to walk through an outdoor garden area to get to the showers, showers were not very clean

Good location for the university but a bit of an effort to get to the major attractions. Had a private room which was good, but the shared bathrooms looked fairly bad. There was a bar and seating area, but it was quite small and the atmosphere was dead. Good Aussie (blue sky) and Belgian (brewcell) places nearby with great atmospheres. Interesting website linked through hosteling international website.

the cooking was great!

Wifi is not that strong here. I was on the second floor, need to go to the first floor for wifi. Hot shower is only between 6am - 10pm. Staff are nice!

• 26th Feb 2015

This place is really conveniently located, very close to Nanjing Normal and Nanjing Uni. The building is not well heated in winter. I had to do work and I wanted to sit in the common room, but it was so cold my hands turned red. The rooms are not clean, walls are dirty, building needs TLC. The blankets are overworn and have holes in them. The shower facilities require a walk across the courtyard. The doorframes of the showers are made of rotting wood. Showers dirty.

Lock on dorm door didn't work. Had clothes stolen from washing line (clearly not the hotels' fault, staff did look at cameras and try to help, appreciate this could happen anywhere.) Very cold communal areas and rooms, atmosphere might be better in summer. Lacked the normal homely atmosphere, but it did its job. Walls between dorms very thin, and often loud music played from reception area could be heard in rooms. Showers are in an outhouse and not the best, but water hot and beds clean.

Location isn't bad, though a little tricky to find upon arrival. Staff were mostly indifferent. Barely any heating in the common area, which is a downside and a half when it's snowing outside. Showers were a little disgusting, frankly, as was the thick layer of dust around the trim in the room. Door didn't work properly...in short I'd avoid this place for the facilities alone.

Planned to stay at Nanjing Jasmine for four nights, but ended up checking out after first night. We had a private room...room was so dark we asked for an additional table lamp so we could play cards. I like hard Chinese beds, but this one reminded me of rolling a thin down sleeping bag out on a concrete slab...seriously. The heat pump seemed to work in fits and starts, took most of the night to get the room to a reasonable temp. Have stayed in 3 other Chinese hostels: this was by far worst.

The facilities were decent, but I was overall unimpressed with this hostel. The staff were okay, though some were not very helpful. A map given to us by the front desk was completely out of date and got us lost multiple times trying to find the buses. Only when we asked them later did they point out most of the info was incorrect. The rooms were okay, if a bit cold, but housekeeping would come and go multiple times without warning/knocking throughout the morning everyday so privacy felt limited.

beware the heater is not warm enough at -2 degrees night, have to borrow a extra heater in the reception, located in the middle of two metro stations, and staff was nice and helpful.

Good access to busses that drives you to the sights. Not a lot of travelers, mostly chinese non-english speaking students.

sometimes some students come to shoot some videos. hope you could have better experience next time.

I have tried every hostel in Nanjing, but I love Jasmin the most, the reception is really nice, they helped me with the transportation. The hostel itself is quite nice too, it's an old wooden building, 1920s style with a yard. Highly recommended!