Nate's Place Backpackers Reviews

141 William street, Sydney NSW 2010, Sydney, Australia

Fantastic stay, felt very comfortable! Alex

• 21st Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

The location was perfect! Easy walking distance to a number of locations. The free breakfast was a plus and there's all sorts of activities at night that the backpacker's organizes.The staff was super nice and helpful. One downside for me was that my room felt cramped with 4 bunks. It's an older building, so the spaces are going to feel small. But if you're out exploring the city, then it doesn't matter.

• 16th Aug 2015

So happy I chose this hostel for my time in Sydney! Location is key especially if you like going out at night. If not, the rooms weren't noisy but close to food & Hyde park. The staff was super helpful & sweet plus the Sunday pancakes were a bonus! I found the rooms to be exceptionally small but the lockers were very large which was nice.

First time staying in a hostel; exceeded my expectations! Will definitely stay here again.

• 30th Jul 2015

Just the worst place I've stayed at in the last 15 months. Kitchen big enough for 8 people and staff mopping the floor while you're cooking. No curfew (forget about sleeping after 10PM with loud music). Bathrooms were clean but the ground was always wet and slippery. Night manager having very loud fun with longtermers at 11PM. And staff vacuuming before 8AM. Breakfast was nothing special. And forget about parking your bike there! Spend an extra buck and go to Summerhouse instead!

The hostel itself is a really cool place with a good homely feel. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The majority of people staying are on a working visa and live there wasn't a backpacker vibe and felt fairly unsociable. However this hostel is in a great location and would recommend if you are travelling in a group

Staffs work very hard. thank you. but it's not good for winter season. Kitchin is too small so, no place to hang out together. therefore, many people were chatting at there, and I couldn't have lunch or dinner cause no seats.

This is the best hostel I've stayed. Everyone is so amazing and kind. Staff is very helpful and make sure you are happy with your accommodation.

• 8th Jul 2015

Really homely feel, really cheap and solid base in the centre of Sydney. Regular nights out also arranged too, recommended!

It was my first week in Australia and I felt very welcomed in the hostel. It is like a big family and even if they party every night you can easily find a spot to chill. It is clean, breakfast is free and you can have free coffee or tea whenever you want. Free wifi almost everywhere in the hostel and you can also be in the commun rooms of the hostel the day of your check out if you don't have place to go while waiting for your train. Perfect for long term backpackers! I woul definitely come back

• 30th Jun 2015

Helpful staffs in reception, hygiene of bedroom is not good as cockroach seen in bedroom!

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

There were cliquey vibes from the other long term backpackers but other than a that and a small kitchen, we loved it. The wifi was perfect with hotspots in all the rooms with outlets by all the beds, the staff was friendly and helpful, the location was close to everything but not in the middle which I liked - would stay again for sure

Everything was perfect and the price was rather cheap compared to the great location of the hostel ! Everyone was nice, the hostel was clean and tidy, the free wifi is really appreciated and finally, the airport shuttle is really cool and cheap compared to the price of the train. So in one world, I would recommend this place ! :)

You can barely swing a cat in the kitchen or some of the dorms but the staff are nice and the beds are decent. Not a bad place to spend a few nights if you don't plan on cooking.

Hi Tim, thanks for your review. We are happy to hear that you thought the staff were nice and enjoyed the beds. We are, however, concerned that you were attempting to swing a cat in the kitchen and dorms. Had we known we would have put an immediate stop to this as we have a strict no feline swinging policy which extends to all animals. Cheers;) Nate's Place Management

We had such a fantastic time here and we will definitely be back. Everyone was so friendly and the hostel was clean and comfortable.

• 11th Jun 2015

Like this hostel really much, it is so cosy and everybody is so friendly! Everybody knows each other, it is just a small family! And the rooftop is amazing!! Goodtimes #livingthedream

• 8th Jun 2015

What I liked the most was before I arrived, Nate's Place sent me an e-mail on directions how to get from the airport to the hostel. That helped me a lot. Also I loved how there was wifi on every level of the building. Laura was really friendly to me and suggested me places to go on my first day. The free breakfast everyday was a very nice touch.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Nice Hostel with a good price but kitchen way to small for so many people . Also if they tried their best with cleaning the bathrooms regularly they were always wet. The bedrooms were good. They had good beds, big lockers and are locked from outside. I missed a where you can sit together .

Great value for money, especially when you see the average rates for Sydney. I really enjoyed my stay here, nice places to hang out. The 6-bed dorm was rather small though, quite hard to fit all the suitcases

Really good hostel, everything is new and looks nice !! the rooftop is excellent to party and there are many events organized everyday. I met so many people there and I had a lot of fun. Also the staffs are really nice and kind, I'll definitely recommend Nate's place !!