Nate's Place Backpackers Reviews

141 William street, Sydney NSW 2010, Sydney, Australia

Staffs work very hard. thank you. but it's not good for winter season. Kitchin is too small so, no place to hang out together. therefore, many people were chatting at there, and I couldn't have lunch or dinner cause no seats.

This is the best hostel I've stayed. Everyone is so amazing and kind. Staff is very helpful and make sure you are happy with your accommodation.

• 8th Jul 2015

It was my first week in Australia and I felt very welcomed in the hostel. It is like a big family and even if they party every night you can easily find a spot to chill. It is clean, breakfast is free and you can have free coffee or tea whenever you want. Free wifi almost everywhere in the hostel and you can also be in the commun rooms of the hostel the day of your check out if you don't have place to go while waiting for your train. Perfect for long term backpackers! I woul definitely come back

• 30th Jun 2015

Helpful staffs in reception, hygiene of bedroom is not good as cockroach seen in bedroom!

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

There were cliquey vibes from the other long term backpackers but other than a that and a small kitchen, we loved it. The wifi was perfect with hotspots in all the rooms with outlets by all the beds, the staff was friendly and helpful, the location was close to everything but not in the middle which I liked - would stay again for sure

Everything was perfect and the price was rather cheap compared to the great location of the hostel ! Everyone was nice, the hostel was clean and tidy, the free wifi is really appreciated and finally, the airport shuttle is really cool and cheap compared to the price of the train. So in one world, I would recommend this place ! :)

You can barely swing a cat in the kitchen or some of the dorms but the staff are nice and the beds are decent. Not a bad place to spend a few nights if you don't plan on cooking.

Hi Tim, thanks for your review. We are happy to hear that you thought the staff were nice and enjoyed the beds. We are, however, concerned that you were attempting to swing a cat in the kitchen and dorms. Had we known we would have put an immediate stop to this as we have a strict no feline swinging policy which extends to all animals. Cheers;) Nate's Place Management

We had such a fantastic time here and we will definitely be back. Everyone was so friendly and the hostel was clean and comfortable.

• 11th Jun 2015

Like this hostel really much, it is so cosy and everybody is so friendly! Everybody knows each other, it is just a small family! And the rooftop is amazing!! Goodtimes #livingthedream

• 8th Jun 2015

What I liked the most was before I arrived, Nate's Place sent me an e-mail on directions how to get from the airport to the hostel. That helped me a lot. Also I loved how there was wifi on every level of the building. Laura was really friendly to me and suggested me places to go on my first day. The free breakfast everyday was a very nice touch.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Nice Hostel with a good price but kitchen way to small for so many people . Also if they tried their best with cleaning the bathrooms regularly they were always wet. The bedrooms were good. They had good beds, big lockers and are locked from outside. I missed a where you can sit together .

Great value for money, especially when you see the average rates for Sydney. I really enjoyed my stay here, nice places to hang out. The 6-bed dorm was rather small though, quite hard to fit all the suitcases

Really good hostel, everything is new and looks nice !! the rooftop is excellent to party and there are many events organized everyday. I met so many people there and I had a lot of fun. Also the staffs are really nice and kind, I'll definitely recommend Nate's place !!

Great hostel! A nice rooftop with a great atmosphere at night! Everybody was so nice and the staff is the best! They help you whenever they can! Especially Laura, who does an amazing job!! You have a tv room and a nice kitchen (maybe a little small, but is not really important), the wifi is a big plus! Def staying here again next time I come to Sydney!!!

Rooms here are probably the best I stayed in so far in Australia. Would certainly stay again if I'm back in Sydney!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! Amazingly friendly/helpful staff, super comfy beds, and perfect location close to everything you could want! Only slight negative is the kitchen is way too small. Will definitely be recommending to everyone I know heading to Sydney!

Really loved this hostel! Great walking distance to the city, helpful staff, and free wifi and breakfast! I didn't make use of the rooftop terrace or TV room but they both looked like good hang out spots! Not the best showers, but they were fine for a few days use.

The showers were never clean when I went in. The kitchen was tiny and I could never sit down. The wifi was good though

This hostel was ok. The location was in the backpacker area and easy to use the train. Our room in particular was mostly long-termers so was pretty dirty and smelled grim. The atmosphere at the hostel was very cliquey, with all the long-termers staying together making it uncomfortable for the other short term guests. We felt in the way and a burden when we tried to cook in the very tiny kitchen and felt unable to participate in the evening events.

Ok for short term stay. Very small hostel for the amount of people there. The kitchen was tiny and half thr equipment was broken. Very noisy at night lots of party's and drinking! Quite a few long term residents too so tends to be quite cliquey. quite a way out of the city centre. It's worth the price you pay, but I wouldn't pay anymore!