Nate's Place Backpackers Reviews

141 William street, Sydney NSW 2010, Sydney, Australia

The bathrooms were disgusting! The cleaner just pushed dirty, hairy water around the floors and the toilets were wet and gross. Probably one of the worst hostels I've stayed in in regards to cleanliness. The rooms were also very cramped, the six bed room I was in would have been comfortable as a four bed. The kitchen was also too small for the number of people staying there. The staff however were great!

Stayed for a week. Staff were great. Everyone is very chilled out. Always something going on in the evening. Close to Kings cross so getting around on public transport is easy. Will be coming back 100% in the next month or so

I only stayed here one night and my passport was stolen from my room. I was concerned about how matter-of-fact the staff were when I told them, it would be nice for someone to at least pretend they care... Other than that, seemed very much like most Australian hostels (very few travellers, mainly just people that live there) albeit with a nice roof terrace.

Saw a few cockroaches some dead, some alive. The genuine atmosphere of the hostel was okay m, but catered mainly for those who wanted to get drunk every single night. Not being a heavy drinker made socialising difficult because most people slept in the day and drank at night. The hostel is also full of long term era and those in full time work, this made it difficult to make friend that also wanted to explore the city and travel still. The cliques from the long term guests were also frustrating.

The location was good, near to train station and there is many bars. The room was too small for 10 beds, I couldn't walk easily. Bathrooms is not so that clean and floor always wet. I recommend if you gonna stay for few days and want a good location.

Best place I we stayed in in Sydney. It's sad we just stayed there for only 1 night. A great thing is the hostel is totally alcohol and GOON friendly. The night we stayed there we went to a really cool karaoke bar with the hostel. In the hostel live a lot term "longtermers" but we became immediately a part of the family. I can really recommend it and it will be my 1st choice if I get back to Sydney sometime.

Fun and quirky little hostel with not too many rooms, but made it feel quite homely as a result. Found the staff and people were all really nice and always managed to find someone to speak to, so had a great time here. Good social events put on by the hostel. Rooms were kind of small but comfy beds. Bathrooms were a bit dirty at times, quite a few flies so not ideal, but nothing horrific. Free WiFi and breakfast is a big plus! Overall would recommend!

We stayed in Nate's over the Christmas/NYE period, it was definitely a good choice for this time of year. The atmosphere was really good, there was a good mix of long and short termers, but everyone was friendly. The rooftop does have a good view of the harbour bridge, closes at 10.30. 12 bed dorm (rm 9), was so hot we bought a fan, small flies in the mens showers (not sure why because they're clean) flooded female showers, very small kitchen for the number of people. Pros>cons, would stay again

Dirty, flies everywhere, really small in comparison to other hostels, many long term residents, too expensive for the lack of cleanliness and facilities

Check in was quick and easy. The 8 bed dorm was one of the worst we have stayed in, in 5 weeks in Oz. There was a fan, which might as well have not worked. There was barely any space to move in the room, 8 people way too many for that room. The bathrooms are constantly covered in water, well yeah I would say that as well cos it's a bathroom but this was not normal. Annoying that it's on a separate floor to all the bedrooms as well. Not somewhere we would happily stay again.

If it was possible to put a higher review for atmosphere I would, Nate's place is an incredible place to be, I booked to stay for one night but have extended my stay twice. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming, if your travelling alone I would really suggest to stay here. The staff are great, Kirsty is a wonderful receptionist she was very helpful and efficient. Olivier the events manager is excellent at bringing everyone together and Laura is a fantastic manager. The beds are super comfortable

• 6th Dec 2015

I was a little disappointed cos in the internet the things are described much more attractiv.. for example the tv room and also the kitchen was the most of the time not really clean.. but the dorms are really nice and cozy beds. And also enought space for everyones luggage.

Absolutely amazing hostel! had a blast staying there! 100% recommend staying here! :-)

• 28th Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

Amazzzzing. We loved it! Initially booked for 2 weeks but since being here and enjoying it so much we've booked another 5 weeks. There's activities to get you involved everyday, there's free bbq nights (good for anyone keeping an eye on funds!). Always people cleaning and the staff are more than happy to help with a smiley face. This was our second hostel in Sydney and cant fault it really, very sociable and almost like a big family feeling to it. Deffo recommend to anyone!

• 24th Nov 2015

Late check-in was really easy, friendly and helpfull staff! Room was nice and clean, bis small space for all those backpacks. Bathroom totally fine, kitchen Bit small but well equiped. If you like places with lots of nice people around, close to the Center of Sydney, go for this hostel!

I adored this hostel and didnt want to leave! All the staff are so friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice and clean. Mine had a view of the harbour bridge which I loved waking up to. There is a good mix of long and short termers and events organised every night which are perfect for making new friends. My favourite part was the rooftop - its great to chill out and sunbathe on in the day and better to socialise at night. Everyone I met was really welcoming and I loved the family atmosphere.

• 22nd Nov 2015
  • Scotland

Pro: good location, amazing roof top, facilities, event organization. Cons: people kept entering our room (cleaning staff ) without knocking or asking please, we got our food stolen more than once (even if it was labeled), the common room was really smelly (people get drunk in it but they never wash the pillows), the girls at the reception, not all of them, were arrogant and definitely not interested in helping us.

I loved this place! Everything was extremely clean and we were in a good location in relation to the Harbor, the Victoria Building, and a Cole's and Bottle Shop as well. The staff was incredibly helpful and pays for your shuttle from the airport if you stay for four or more nights! I would definitely recommend this place to friends

Laura and Kirsty are delightful

• 6th Nov 2015
  • Scotland

At first I was planning to stay only for a week, but the good atmosphere in here made me dedice to stay at nates until I leave sydney. But my wish wouldn't be realised if Laura, the manager wouldn't have taken my concern as her own. I really recommend this hostel.