Nathan's Villa Hostel Krakow Reviews

Sw. Agnieszki 1, 31-071 Krakow, Krakow, Poland

This might be useful to read for the manager, whom I couldn't meet, although I had more than a few complains about this hostel. I would like to note that the receptionist, named Gabriela (no surname was given, no proper card either), was extremely rude. Due to the smell in the room plus poor internet connection I went to the kitchen/common area, and after 30 min of loud music, I asked her to turn the volume of her music a bit down. In response, she told that it was too quiet, and I was crazy!

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Uzbekistan

The hostel looked great when we booked it but was nothing like we thought it would be when we got there. The bar is closed, no pool table, no laundry. What we assumed were the staff were permanently drunk and the bathrooms never seemed to be clean. The location is great and the people staying there were too but we expected a lot more than what we got.

The staff is extremely helpful, they even helped me pick a spot for hitchhiking! The value for the five euros I paid for a night was far more than I expected. I found the location a bit hard to find, though, and my dorm door didn't lock.

Although breakfast and location was pretty good, it looked like it had had better days. We stayed in two diferent rooms because we made two reservations. The hostel has two diferent areas. The area next to reception looked old and messy. Toilets were dirty and one of the showers didn't even have a shower handle. In our room most of the lockers were broken and the plugs didn't work. The other area, in the building next door, looked more new and clean, although the Wi-Fi signal was very poor.

Unfortunately the bar was closed due to renovations, but the beer garden was open and quite a nice place to hang out. Not the cleanest hostel, but for 5 euro a night, you really get what you pay for. The location was great, in between the Jewish quarter and Old Town, though the directions to getting there are shockingly vague! The staff were really nice, especially Anka! :)

During check in the receptionist had absolutely no change whatsoever and we were forced to wait whilst she went to the shops to get money, an exasperating experience as we were hot and stressed after a long train journey and walk with our heavy bags. My towel was also stolen from my room but the kitchen facilities were adequate if a litter cramped. The rooms were a nice size with room to move around and socialise.

This is a very friendly hostel and is great for socialising and meeting people. The staff are friendly and helpful. It is very basic an there are some things that have seen better days (the shower heads are no longer fixed to the wall so you have to hold it) and lots of little things like that. It just needs a bit of TLC. Also, the bar wasn't open when we were there. But if you're not looking for anything swanky and want a cheap place to crash and meet people this is the place for you.

Very nice service and friendly people.

Unhelpful staff especially regarding checking in. The lock for the luggage room broke and took hours to fix with no information about what was going on. Bar was shut down when we were there too. Very odd atmosphere.

• 24th Jul 2014

Everything was dirty, rooms didn't seem to get cleaned at all. Our room looked like it hadn't been cleaned for weeks when we arrived, with unused beds that still had dirty sheets since the last people that stayed there, overflowing wastebin, forgotten clothes under the beds. It didn't get cleaned at all during the four nights we stayed there. We were woken up several times at night by people talking, arguing, screaming, throwing chairs around. Has potential, but is not properly taken care of.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Sweden

They have free bbq, wich is good, but they told us the wrong date. The bar staff tries to hard to preasure you in to buying drinks, and assumes all change goes to tips...apart from that good place

Very nice room and clean but the door was really hard to understand...hahaha Waiting outside the room for 10 minutes after showering until someone opened the door for me(I had a key but could not open it...maybe, my bad!). Some of the staff are super nice and one was too fussy asking for the deposit from everything...This place is pretty close to the city center and some nice restaurants. Enjoy!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Thailand

Cheap and cheerful. It's a bit of an old and run down place, but it has a good atmosphere, the staff are friendly and helpful. Its has a good location right by the Jewish Quarters which is quite hipster with lots of cool bars.

excellent and easy going staff, always very helpful, loved it there!

The hostel is very well located betwen the old town and the jewish neighbourhood and very close to the castle. Staff it is also friendly alnd helpfull. The facilities are very good, but could be a lit bit clean, especially the kicthen. There is only one thing that I don't like it that is the fact that because of the bar in the basement you are not allowed to drink alcohol in the kitchen after 10pm, what it helps to make the atmosphere a little bit restricted to the bar area.

The hostel was filthy. I was bitten by bedbugs and some of my stuff got stolen. I would not recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Finland

This place was such amazing value. I was in the 10 bed dorm and for about $9, it had everything - individual lockers, reading lights, shelves, very clean bathrooms, comfortable beds, breakfast, free shot, beer garden. The staff were helpful and the hostel is close to Old Town but not right in amongst the crowds. Walking distance to Podgorze, Kazimierz.

The greatest part about this place was the bar. Very social atmosphere, this is where you'll meet everyone. The location in the heart of Kazimierz was also great and it's a short 15-20 minute walk to old town. The facilities were alright and the rooms are quite small but the price definitely makes it worth it.

If all you care about is price and location then this is fine but if you want a clean hostel and a good nights sleep stay somewhere else...

Well what can I say about Nathan's Villa... Interesting to say the least. Hilarious times here, the staff were crazy but in the good way depending what type of people you like. Julia the receptionist went above and beyond her call of duty to make sure we had a great time. Greg, well he is an absolute joker thats for sure. Overall had a great time in this place and would definitely return for more good laughs.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7