Nathan's Villa Hostel Krakow Reviews

Sw. Agnieszki 1, 31-071 Krakow, Krakow, Poland

This hostel was in a brilliant location; only 10 minutes to walk to the main square and 2 minutes to the Jewish quarter. The staff provide a map and directions on arrival. The underground bar is brilliant and open pretty much all the time with free pool, darts, poker and a tv. Had a brilliant atmosphere always and on NYE they provided free food and wine all night. Our room had most of the bulbs not working, it was freezing and the beds were very squeaky. Free breakfast.

• 28th Dec 2013

One of the doors to the room only locked from the inside so we had to leave it open when we left. The bathroom required a clean and new shower curtain. The hot water only lasted for one person and then was luke warm to cold which is not ideal with the colder weather. The heating was average until we turned the thermostate up. We were not informed that there was no dryer and were given back wet clothes on the morning of our Auschwirz tour. Please see next section..

Hostel was always very clean and had free breakfast and access to a kitchen it also had an awesome underground cave bar, although not the busiest hostel we had a 10 bed dorm to ourselves for the most of the trip, so we didn't meet too many like minded. Located close to the main square and the Jewish quarter means you will be close to everything!

Value for mney vary bad. I could have almost 4'hotel lower than you price. Keep the toilet clean! Breakfast; no milk today!

• 3rd Oct 2013
  • Finland
  • Couple, 41+

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• 28th Aug 2013

the only down side to this hotel is the access to the rooms is very open to anyone and there isnt any cctv however many doors require a key but we noticed people were to lazy to lock them, apart from that AMAZING. they give you a free shot to have in their bar when you arrive, theres a bbq every night at 6pm, breakfast is also provided too and the atmosphere s good too. its quite a walk from the center but theres public transport however we didnt feel the need to use it.

We booked a twin share with private bathroom for 3 nights and upon our arrival we were informed they had overbooked and we had to stay in a 4 bed dorm. On our second night we were made to change rooms to another 4 bed dorm room. I received over 200 BED BUGbites over my body! The bathrooms were dirty and looked like they were only mopped after being cleaned. I do not recommend staying here.

nice friendly hostel walking distance from everything in Krakow. had the most fun of my whole trip in this hostel and will be returning later in the year

Staff was great and helpful

The staff were brilliant, the hostel conveniently located. But the atmosphere was really depressing. Dark, dirty looking and dismal. The bathrooms weren't enough and were damp and dirty. The wi fi doesn't work in the rooms.

Receptionist messed up one of our bookings and her response was she dosn't make mistakes!! No apology! Another one of the other staff members is very in your face and irritating. Adult size bunk beds were good and breakfast included was also good.

Absolutely loved this hostel. Don't hesitate about staying here!!

Cons: broken toilet seat, pinched your backside, the doors didn't close by themselves so strangers could have free passage, lockers in the room where broken Pros: great atmosphere! Free drink when arriving, happy hour every night, free bbq every night, wifi in the reception, great location, great bunk bed, big room, several bathrooms I would stay here again :)

Excellent value for money!

I stayed three nights in the Nathan's Villa hostel and I really enjoy the time. You met nice people and the stuff is really friendly and helpful. Especially the offers of free bbq and pool tournament were great. I can recommend this hostel to every backpacker who wants to have a amazing time in Krakow.

• 14th Jul 2013

Absolutely loved it here. Mainly the people made it, our evening with the irishmen, dutchmen, yorkshire girls and a South African was great. The room wasnt bad, radiator exploded whilst we were out, but yeah, we weren't bothered! Great polish restaurant like two doors down aswell which we went to both nights we were there! Would love to come back time and time again!

Nathan's Villa was probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. We stayed for 3 nights and arrived with plans of seeing the city and the nightlife. We ended up staying in the hostel bar each night because the staff were just amazing fun. We also had an incident with our key which was entirely our fault, but the receptionist (Joanna) and Greg were both very understanding and helpful. Special mentions to Hannah and Dagmara who were great down in the bar. Thanks guys! Loved it!

There were some comments on hostelworld about Nathan's Villa that were a little off-putting but I booked it anyway because I'd left it till the last minute and it was available. It was a hell of a lot better than I'd expected: clean; as much hot water as I wanted; the staff were very friendly and willing to help. And the location couldn't be better, right between Kazimierz and the old city. I would not hesitate in the slightest to recommend Nathan's Villa. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• 9th Jul 2013

A really cosy hostel with a nice atmosphere. Not the most clean hostel, but the staff is nice, there's a bar downstairs, and it just between the old part of town and the jewish quarter :)

Great hostel, spacious rooms and big beds, and lockers to store luggage so good security. Very good breakfast included, so great value for money. Shower could be improved slightly.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7