National Park Backpackers Reviews

Carretera hacia el Parque, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

Perfect spot to stay if you want to go to the national park, and the beach is pretty close too. Nice pool and friendly staff -- I would definitely stay here again!

• 19th Jul 2014

The hostel was very accommodating. However, the beds were extremely uncomfortable.

• 16th Apr 2014

Mind you we were there Tuesday-Thursday of Semana Santa (Holy Week) so it was quite busy but the rooms were really tiny with no circulation, had paper thin walls (snoring from guy next door woke us up several times), and there was a lot of noise at all hours from families. Front desk people were very helpful, location right next to national park and a short walk to the beach, and nightly movie was cool. Would I stay again, probably not. The room wasnt good and sleep is too important for me.

Don't stay here! You've been warned!

Location was great! nice to be close to the beach. The pool was also really nice especially at night, although it has REALLY hot water in it. The security could have been better as we left the room locked when we went to the park, and the staff left it unlocked after they cleaned it. The dorms are very hot and humid, and impossible to sleep in after about 9am.

My watch was stolen from the bedroom ( I left it there on purpose to see if it would be taken as it was in a bad state of repair so it didn't bother me if it was taken or not). It's a shame that it was but no surprise as the staff were not very friendly and didn't really care. Other people left because one staff member was so rude to them. The room was HOT and cramped but location was near the beach and it was cheap so it didn't bother us for the price that we paid. Movie projector was okay.

The backyard was really nice with the pool and the hammocks, but the room (private with fan) was small and way too hot to be in. Maybe a more expensive room with ac would have been better.

There were mosquitoes in our room and the bed is not comfortable. The pool is nice. The hostel is a short walk away from the beach at Manuel Antonio.

• 11th Mar 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This place is great because it means not losing time waiting for the bus. But if you have a longer stay, aren't concerned with bus commutes cutting into your vacation, or plan on spending a lot of time in your hostel, you should look into another spot.

• 21st Feb 2014

Basic accommodation but great value and atmosphere. Excellent location next to park entrance and a five minute walk to the beach.

Small, bare, basic rooms, but the location couldn't be better and the staff is very friendly.

Absolutely amazing! Definitely a place I'll recommend and also return to! Loved it!

Perfectly situated next to the national park and the beach, but when I stayed there they were constructing a new house so it was a lot of noice there from 7.30. It is also important to know that the house is made of containers so you can hear very well what your nabours are up to- bring earplugs! I stayed in 2nd floor with sheared bathroom and I had to climb a very stady stair and walk a bit to get to the toilet.

• 4th Jan 2014
  • Norway

This place is a dump. The toilets are filthy - puke all over. The dorms are a chicken hut - so stuffy. This hostel is used by the local students to party. The locals coming here are very rude and will not interact with you. Wifi does not work. The matres is a 1/2 inch piece of form. The rooms are so hot and has a smell to it. The pool is dirty. There are many options in MA don't go here it would ruin your vacation. PS: the owner is really rude When we told him about wifi. he was denying it!

• 30th Dec 2013

Great value for money considering the location but don't expect luxury! id say its like camping but a little better

Was a bit sceptical first after reading the reviews, but for 12$ it's really nice! Especially due to the fact that the location is awesome (directly at the main beach) and that they have a small pool! However the dorm rooms are very simple but ok. But don't forget to bring a lock for your locker!

• 26th Jul 2013

Great location close to the beach and the national park, and also a good place to hang out and meet new people. I love that the dorms surround the outdoor common area so that, even if there's no one interesting in your room, you're bound to run into someone with whom to explore.

me and my friend got there with single twin room reservations, and they only had a room with one double bed, with a thin, deformed mattress on and one weirdly stained sheet over it. this was 3 weeks into our travels so we said we'd stay there if they did all our washing for free, which they did! Top and tail, wash and dry - all 5kg of it!

The only thing good about your facility was one staff member I think his name was Sokill?? not sure he was great!! Otherwise the list is long. As a former consultant of restaurants , bars and hotels, I would love to meet the owners of this outfit.

• 18th Jul 2013

Definitely worth the money. Location is awesome if you are doing anything in the park or going to the beach.

• 11th Jul 2013