Naz Wooden House Inn Reviews

Yeni Akbiyik Degirmeni Sokak NO:7 34400, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

The location is brilliant––Blue Mosque, Ayasofya, Topkapi Palace, Chemberlitas, Grand Bazar, Sultanahmet tram station are walking distance. Receptionists are helpful. The breakfast spread is good. Rooms and bathroom are very small. The mattress was uncomfortable. At night the street outside was very noisy until 1-2am. No lifts to the floors. Avoid the taxi ride they offer for the Ataturk Airport. It's a complete rip off for 25 Euros. I found airport shuttles for 15 Turkish Lira (about 8 USD).

The bilingual staff was nice and very helpful. The hotel is located just 5 minutes walk from the Blue Mosque, the Aya Sophia and the Azara Bazar, and only 7-10 minutes walk from the nearest tramway station. There are also a bunch of restaurants and stores on the way to the Blue Mosque from the Hotel. The breakfast buffet was huge and it is included in the price of the room. The views from the terrace on the Blue Mosque and the Bosphorus are quite amazing. Very clean, A.C. in the rooms .

The location is good, right near the old and most touristy part of Istanbul, and is really only a couple of minutes walk to Hagia Sophia. The breakfast is generous, with good variety. The staff are mostly good, though we did have a staff member try and push tours onto us, even though we told him politely and firmly we weren't interested. Otherwise good, and I'd stay again.

The hotel is located in the old town just 5 - 10 min by foot to the Blue Mosque etc, which was good. The hotel staff served us excellent and were very welcoming and polite. The breakfast area had a nice balcony with a fantastic view towards the sea. A must see. However, next time we will stay in the new part of town as the old town is quite touristy. The new part has more urban restaurants, bars, shops etc. The rooms were quite small but cosy. The mattresses a bit too hard in our view.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Norway

A cute place, but the economy room is tiny and isn't worth the money. Food is good and fresh, staff is helpful. But again: it isn't worth the money!

• 22nd May 2014
  • Israel

Good location, lots of restaurants, shops and cafés nearby and less than 5 minutes walk from the blue mosque. Having a buffet breakfast every morning on the balcony overlooking the Bosphorus was definitely the highlight of our stay. We stayed in the economy room which turned out to be very small. Overall a nice quiet hotel with friendly staff and a beautiful sea view.

Me and my girlfriend loved this place, Edward the host was really helpful and very kind, I found everything I'm looking for in a accommodation, highly recommended

We had a great stay here! The staff was excellent, the rooms were very clean, and breakfast was delicious!

We enjoyed staying in this hotel, the staff was super nice and helpful, breakfast was very good (oh, terrace has a great view over the bay!) and tea and coffee was free during the whole day. Rooms were cleaned every day. Definitely worth the money!

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Ukraine

Great location, nice cozy atmosphere and great value for money.

We loved our stay here: the hotel was comfortable, the staff were friendly, and we were really close to all of the main things to see and do. 24hr staff meant we could come and go as we pleased, and we had a safe in our room for while we were out. Our room was next to train tracks but we genuinely never heard them. Great view from breakfast terrace (our only complaint was that we didn't like the juice...haha!). Great hotel!!

• 24th Jan 2014
  • Switzerland

The location, facilitites and staff are excellents.

• 14th Jan 2014
  • Paraguay

Thank you for your hospitality! I had a great time at Naz Wooden House. I loved the view from breakfast place & good food.

• 27th Nov 2013
  • Slovenia

Loved our stay at the Naz Wooden House Inn. Clean, comfy, and close to all that is to be seen in the Old City. Staff are incredibly helpful and responsive to requests. Daily breakfast with a lovely view of the Blue Mosque on one side and the Sea of Marmara on the other. Can't beat that!

Very original and authentic-looking interiors. Big room with own balcony! Very affordable. Helpful service.

Generally really good service, nice cosy room. However the hot water was pretty terrible, with only about 1 minute supply before going dead cold! We mentioned this to the staff but they weren't aware of a problem. Otherwise I'd definitely recommend this hostel.

Great, confortable and quiet place, with a wonderfull staff that was helpfull and friendly all the time! If back in Istambul, I would go there again! It was an excelent experience overall. The only comment I would make is that it was difficult to maintain hot water on the bath all the time...

The staff were exceptionally helpful and went out of theır way to assıst ın any inquiries. Breakfast was excellent and locatıon was handy to Blue mosque etc. Will certainly stay again

I stayed at the ground floor for three nights. My room was spacy and well decorated with round ceiling and wooden. It has a refrigerator and a good air conditioner. My wife really liked to stay here and so did I. Staff are friendly and willing to help us anytime. It has a good cafeteria at the 3rd floor with a great view! However, I must write there are railways next to the hotel. It is noisy and shaking when trains are passing. They pass very often from early morning and late evening.

A tiny bit off the beaten track which is nice. 2 nice terraces for eating brakfast, although terraces are pretty ubiquitous in this area it has to be said. I foolishly miss-booked but they accomodated us with ease and no extra cost. This meant that we slept in two different rooms. The double was very small but we didn't mind and overlooked the quiet street. The triple was spacious but overlooked a train track. the double glazing is good but if you are a light sleeper it might be problematic.

« first « Prev 1 2 3